Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 119024 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 16:01 - Feb 12 with 1848 viewsperchrockjack

My posts seem to have been deleted .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Adam Johnson on 16:01 - Feb 12 with 1850 viewsraynor94

Adam Johnson on 15:50 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

And that is your right to. The jury's job is not to find personal disgust but decide what law has been broken and to what degree. He has pleaded guilty so the first part is easy, the second part however is the tricky bit. Considering she was months away from the age of consent in this country rather than years I dont feel he will be given maximum penalty.

My guess is 18 months in prison, halved with good behaviour. 9 months total. Which will probably be enough to make him realise how very very stupid he has been.

Do you think there will be a club willing to take him on after his sentence, would you be happy for us to offer him a contract?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adam Johnson on 16:02 - Feb 12 with 1846 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 15:53 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

He ought to consider converting to islam. Adam el Haj.

They'd end up awarding him costs and sending the Prosecutor on a diversity course.

AyewSerious could change his name to the same at least he'll only have to change his last name or is it not Worth it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 16:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Johnson on 16:03 - Feb 12 with 1847 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 15:58 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

Why don't you start a campaign then to get the age of consent lowered. You could do a march through the streets - I'm sure plenty of other middle aged men would join you. Not sure many 14 year old girls or their parents would though

You may be right about the parents. Teenagers are rutting like fk anyway.

Peter Tatchell. Theres a name from the past. http://www.freedominapuritanage.co.uk/why-the-age-of-consent-should-be-lowered-t

"Young People Favour a Lower Limit

The vast majority of young people back a reduction in the consent law. In November 2000, a poll of 42,000 girls aged 12 to 16 found that 87 per cent think the age of consent of 16 is too high. Four out of five teenagers responding to a similar survey by the British Youth Council a few years ago favoured a legal limit lower than 16.

A switch to consent at 14 would achieve two positive things: it would reduce the criminalisation of young people under 16 who have consenting sex, and remove the legal obstacles to earlier, more effective sex education in schools.

Many teachers are reluctant to give frank advice to pupils below 16 because they fear being prosecuted by the police or sued by disgruntled parents for aiding and abetting illegal sexual acts. A reduction to 14 (plus the sliding-scale system) would give teachers greater confidence to provide pupils under the age of 16 with the explicit, detailed advice that is essential for their sexual health and well-being."

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 16:05 - Feb 12 with 1826 viewsperchrockjack

Ah. Good moaning.

Many posts on here typical of men s salacious hypocrisy.

15 yr olds these days are not those naive ones of 30 years ago.

Johnson,like many footballers ,overpaid w@nkers that they are ,are victims of their own pitiful egos.

Nothing like sex sells as well. AlwYs been thus.

Enjoy the day

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Adam Johnson on 16:06 - Feb 12 with 1823 viewsBarryTownSwam

On a football note (this is a football message board after all), how do you all think Johnson's absence from the Sunderland side will impact on their battle to stay up ?
Adam Johnson on 16:09 - Feb 12 with 1799 viewsAngelRangelQS

Adam Johnson on 16:03 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

You may be right about the parents. Teenagers are rutting like fk anyway.

Peter Tatchell. Theres a name from the past. http://www.freedominapuritanage.co.uk/why-the-age-of-consent-should-be-lowered-t

"Young People Favour a Lower Limit

The vast majority of young people back a reduction in the consent law. In November 2000, a poll of 42,000 girls aged 12 to 16 found that 87 per cent think the age of consent of 16 is too high. Four out of five teenagers responding to a similar survey by the British Youth Council a few years ago favoured a legal limit lower than 16.

A switch to consent at 14 would achieve two positive things: it would reduce the criminalisation of young people under 16 who have consenting sex, and remove the legal obstacles to earlier, more effective sex education in schools.

Many teachers are reluctant to give frank advice to pupils below 16 because they fear being prosecuted by the police or sued by disgruntled parents for aiding and abetting illegal sexual acts. A reduction to 14 (plus the sliding-scale system) would give teachers greater confidence to provide pupils under the age of 16 with the explicit, detailed advice that is essential for their sexual health and well-being."

I wouldn't disagree too strongly with that but surely there is a difference between two 14 year olds being able to legally have sex with each other and men in their late 20's and 30's being able to legally have sex with a 14 year old?
Adam Johnson on 16:10 - Feb 12 with 1795 viewsDevz00

Adam Johnson on 16:06 - Feb 12 by BarryTownSwam

On a football note (this is a football message board after all), how do you all think Johnson's absence from the Sunderland side will impact on their battle to stay up ?

Well he's a decent player but even if they don't miss his footballing ability, the media circus won't help their situation.

EDIT - he had 2 assists against us the other day.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 16:12]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 16:13 - Feb 12 with 1782 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 16:09 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

I wouldn't disagree too strongly with that but surely there is a difference between two 14 year olds being able to legally have sex with each other and men in their late 20's and 30's being able to legally have sex with a 14 year old?

Pandoras Box.(excuse the pun)

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 16:13 - Feb 12 with 1775 viewsDarran

Lohengrins just got the hump on because his heroes Chuck,Elvis & Jerry were all nonces.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 16:14]

Adam Johnson on 16:17 - Feb 12 with 1740 viewsGroo

What he did was wrong and he will get deserved jail time I'm sure as he knows the law like everyone else.

But I agree with the comments on the degree of guilt, it would be a big difference in my mind between a 12 year old or less and a 15 year old. Who here can tell the difference between a 15 and 16 year old (yes I know he knew she was 15), the point is she is virtually at the age where it wouldn't matter.

I remember when I was 18 with a group of friends in a pub in Dagenham, this was back in the 70's, one of my mates was chatting up a girl in a group, one of the others came over to us and told us we should let our mate know the girl was 12! Yes 12, she didn't look it.

Kids these days are growing up so much faster and they can make themselves look older and quite often they are not innocent, but then again the laws are there to protect them from stupid decisions all kids make.

Our barrier is 16, so that's the law and we must obey that, so the laws been broken and he will be found guilty and pay the price, but I find it difficult to understand the man being called a pedophile.

Groo does what Groo does best

Adam Johnson on 16:20 - Feb 12 with 1729 viewsclement

I think a sliding scale, like in Holland could work here. Basically the age of consent is 15, but only between 2 under 18s. If you're over 18 then you can only sleep with other over 18s. Seems to make sense. 2 15 yr olds, or a 17 and a 15 is OK, 26 yr old with a 15yr old is not.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Adam Johnson on 16:24 - Feb 12 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 16:13 - Feb 12 by Darran

Lohengrins just got the hump on because his heroes Chuck,Elvis & Jerry were all nonces.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 16:14]

Let's just take the old Killer there, as we discussed the other day he was born into a time and place where marrying that young was completely unexceptional. Hard times in the rural south meant you were practically middle-aged by the time you were twenty. Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn and a host of others all wed in their mid-teens and nobody raised an eyebrow at it. It was what poor people did. Married young and had big families to work the land.

In point of fact Myra was Jerry Lee's third marriage. He did nothing by halves that boy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Adam Johnson on 16:28 - Feb 12 with 1689 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 15:12 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

Ignorance is no defence.

Why do you think they're using that? He's admitted to knowing she was under 16 so what ignorance and stupidity do you suppose he's going to use?

I know ignorance is no defence but there's a fair chance that any jury will be split by the buffoons that think he's a bit of a lad and those who think he's a perv. If the defence can argue that he was googling to find out the age of consent they can argue that he wasn't attempting to initiate sex with a child and that he's been misguided and stupid rather than predatory. Not saying I'd buy it, just saying.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 16:29 - Feb 12 with 1689 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 16:24 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

Let's just take the old Killer there, as we discussed the other day he was born into a time and place where marrying that young was completely unexceptional. Hard times in the rural south meant you were practically middle-aged by the time you were twenty. Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn and a host of others all wed in their mid-teens and nobody raised an eyebrow at it. It was what poor people did. Married young and had big families to work the land.

In point of fact Myra was Jerry Lee's third marriage. He did nothing by halves that boy.

Yeah fair point but Adam Johnson isn't a redneck.

Adam Johnson on 16:31 - Feb 12 with 1676 viewsGroo

Attitudes change over time too..

Henry VII's mother was 12 when he was conceived.

The Prophet Mohammed married an 8 year old, in some Muslim Countries they still do.

Perhaps he's a man in the wrong time :)

Adam Johnson on 16:34 - Feb 12 with 1659 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Adam Johnson on 16:17 - Feb 12 by Groo

What he did was wrong and he will get deserved jail time I'm sure as he knows the law like everyone else.

But I agree with the comments on the degree of guilt, it would be a big difference in my mind between a 12 year old or less and a 15 year old. Who here can tell the difference between a 15 and 16 year old (yes I know he knew she was 15), the point is she is virtually at the age where it wouldn't matter.

I remember when I was 18 with a group of friends in a pub in Dagenham, this was back in the 70's, one of my mates was chatting up a girl in a group, one of the others came over to us and told us we should let our mate know the girl was 12! Yes 12, she didn't look it.

Kids these days are growing up so much faster and they can make themselves look older and quite often they are not innocent, but then again the laws are there to protect them from stupid decisions all kids make.

Our barrier is 16, so that's the law and we must obey that, so the laws been broken and he will be found guilty and pay the price, but I find it difficult to understand the man being called a pedophile.

"Our barrier is 16, so that's the law and we must obey that, so the laws been broken and he will be found guilty and pay the price, but I find it difficult to understand the man being called a pedophile".

If a 28 year old teacher seduced a barely 15 year old student, would you hesitate in calling him a peadophile?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Adam Johnson on 16:39 - Feb 12 with 1635 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 16:29 - Feb 12 by Darran

Yeah fair point but Adam Johnson isn't a redneck.

Have you been to Teesside?

PS: I saw you earlier with your window down, Wayfarers on, tossing your mane about singing. I laughed like f*ck

Adam Johnson on 16:42 - Feb 12 with 1623 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 16:39 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

Have you been to Teesside?

PS: I saw you earlier with your window down, Wayfarers on, tossing your mane about singing. I laughed like f*ck

They are not Wayfarers they are prescription glasses.

Where was this?

Adam Johnson on 16:43 - Feb 12 with 1614 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 16:42 - Feb 12 by Darran

They are not Wayfarers they are prescription glasses.

Where was this?

By the school but given the thread perhaps I should have said somewhere else!

Adam Johnson on 16:44 - Feb 12 with 1610 viewsGroo

Adam Johnson on 16:34 - Feb 12 by AustinIsOurHero

"Our barrier is 16, so that's the law and we must obey that, so the laws been broken and he will be found guilty and pay the price, but I find it difficult to understand the man being called a pedophile".

If a 28 year old teacher seduced a barely 15 year old student, would you hesitate in calling him a peadophile?

I read somewhere on another forum the actual definition of pedophile, a pedophile would be people who like children, children being classed as pre-pubescent or at pubescent.

There is actually classifications and different names for people who like say 12-14 and another for 15-19.

At the time of the offence too, he was 26 not 28, yes still illegal.

Adam Johnson on 16:45 - Feb 12 with 1605 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 16:43 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

By the school but given the thread perhaps I should have said somewhere else!

I wasn't stationary though.

Adam Johnson on 16:46 - Feb 12 with 1605 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 15:58 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

Why don't you start a campaign then to get the age of consent lowered. You could do a march through the streets - I'm sure plenty of other middle aged men would join you. Not sure many 14 year old girls or their parents would though

Because I am a happily married man in my twenties most probably. Do you have to campaign and march the streets for every opinion you hold then? Or are you just trying to twist an argument as you cannot debate sensibly?

I would wager if you asked this girl would she like the age of consent lowered to 15, she would say yes. As would every sexually active 15 year old, of which there are tens of thousands in this country alone.
Adam Johnson on 16:48 - Feb 12 with 1597 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 16:45 - Feb 12 by Darran

I wasn't stationary though.

You were also oblivious to anything other than what was blasting from your speakers.

Adam Johnson on 16:49 - Feb 12 with 1589 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 16:46 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

Because I am a happily married man in my twenties most probably. Do you have to campaign and march the streets for every opinion you hold then? Or are you just trying to twist an argument as you cannot debate sensibly?

I would wager if you asked this girl would she like the age of consent lowered to 15, she would say yes. As would every sexually active 15 year old, of which there are tens of thousands in this country alone.

.... and that's why 15 year olds don't get to make the rules.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024