Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 119022 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 16:50 - Feb 12 with 1976 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 16:01 - Feb 12 by raynor94

Do you think there will be a club willing to take him on after his sentence, would you be happy for us to offer him a contract?

I have no idea, that is down to the clubs. No i wouldn't want someone who makes such idiotic decisions playing for my club, personality is a vital part in the making of a player. But I wouldnt think he would be a menace or anything of that nature if that is what you are alluding to?
Adam Johnson on 16:52 - Feb 12 with 1968 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 16:49 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

.... and that's why 15 year olds don't get to make the rules.

They don't have to make the rules. The rules are set due to what reflects modern society. So I think it is inevitable that the age will come down regardless. There has already been a relatively recent lobby I seem to remember.
Adam Johnson on 16:53 - Feb 12 with 1962 viewsAngelRangelQS

Adam Johnson on 16:46 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

Because I am a happily married man in my twenties most probably. Do you have to campaign and march the streets for every opinion you hold then? Or are you just trying to twist an argument as you cannot debate sensibly?

I would wager if you asked this girl would she like the age of consent lowered to 15, she would say yes. As would every sexually active 15 year old, of which there are tens of thousands in this country alone.

I just can't see why anyone would think that men in their mid twenties and upwards should legally be allowed to sleep with girls under 16. I genuinely cannot understand why they would hold that opinion.

A 15 year old girl sleeping with the 17 year old boy next door or the 16 year old boy in her class, I can see that argument... Fully grown men though... Different kettle of fish IMO
Adam Johnson on 16:56 - Feb 12 with 1942 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 16:53 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

I just can't see why anyone would think that men in their mid twenties and upwards should legally be allowed to sleep with girls under 16. I genuinely cannot understand why they would hold that opinion.

A 15 year old girl sleeping with the 17 year old boy next door or the 16 year old boy in her class, I can see that argument... Fully grown men though... Different kettle of fish IMO

Its not that, i think that currently if a 16 year old wants to sleep with a 26 year old then thats up to her, if the age was lowered to 15 then again, its up to her. I am not of the opinion that you can dictate to people who they may and may not sleep with when of legal age. Johnson slept with someone not of legal age so will face the consequences. Thats that really.
Adam Johnson on 16:57 - Feb 12 with 1934 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 16:56 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

Its not that, i think that currently if a 16 year old wants to sleep with a 26 year old then thats up to her, if the age was lowered to 15 then again, its up to her. I am not of the opinion that you can dictate to people who they may and may not sleep with when of legal age. Johnson slept with someone not of legal age so will face the consequences. Thats that really.

What's the age of consent in Australia?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 17:03]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Johnson on 16:58 - Feb 12 with 1931 viewsAyewSerious

I will say allegedly actually, as I have not looked at this case in detail.
Adam Johnson on 17:02 - Feb 12 with 1916 viewsGroo

Adam Johnson on 16:57 - Feb 12 by Darran

What's the age of consent in Australia?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 17:03]

16 according to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

Australian Capital Territory[edit]
It is an offence in the Australian Capital Territory to have sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 16.[4] However, it is a defence if the younger party was aged 10 years or older and the offender was not more than 2 years older than the younger party.[5]

Groo does what Groo does best

Adam Johnson on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 1909 viewsJacandme

Its a shame we can't get the points reversed when he played for Sunderland down here!!
Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 17:12 - Feb 12 with 1884 viewsDafyddHuw

Adam Johnson on 15:12 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

If a 28 year old man groomed a 16 year old would that be acceptable? Because it would be legal.
15 years 364 days old = Johnson is a vile pervert
16 years old= ??
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 15:15]

The law differentiates between a girl who is almost 16 and one who is well short of 16 when it comes to illegal sexual behaviour.

However, Johnson has 2 major problems
(1) he's 28
(2) when he started texting her he found out she was 15 yrs 1 mnth (and they met at Sunderland's training pitch, not a nightclub)

So the law won't look kindly on him when it comes to sentencing.
Adam Johnson on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 1840 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 16:52 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

They don't have to make the rules. The rules are set due to what reflects modern society. So I think it is inevitable that the age will come down regardless. There has already been a relatively recent lobby I seem to remember.

What sort of backwards fuc ked up country doesn't allow premier league footballers to pork school children! I demand a petition to right this grievous wrong in our society!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 17:24 - Feb 12 with 1835 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 15:45 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

It's not just cultural differences but societal. Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14. France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15. These are western modern Christian countries... our neighbours for goodness sake.

I think distasteful was a good word used in this thread and that is exactly how I feel about this case. Its laden with stupidity, modern celebrity culture and distasteful in the extreme.

It's 16 in the US, Australia etc.

Also, interestingly. Spain recently increased their age of consent from 14 to 16. So it's not all one way.

By the way - given your insistence that it was all generational, I looked up the stats (given that you thought I was so out of touch).

Contrary to your insistence that all 15 year olds are now having sex (or vast majority you said I think) it may interest you to know that 26% of all girls in the UK have had sex before the age of 16 (and c. 30% boys). The average age of having sex for the first time is 16. In 1990, so my outdated generation, it was 17, and in 1980 it was 16 (apparently the slight rise in that decade was because of the effect of AIDS).

Every generation thinks theirs is the first to behave in a certain way - it's rarely true. Equally, every generation of teenagers brags that they are having sex when they are not.
Adam Johnson on 17:29 - Feb 12 with 1814 viewsJacandme

Adam Johnson on 17:24 - Feb 12 by londonlisa2001

It's 16 in the US, Australia etc.

Also, interestingly. Spain recently increased their age of consent from 14 to 16. So it's not all one way.

By the way - given your insistence that it was all generational, I looked up the stats (given that you thought I was so out of touch).

Contrary to your insistence that all 15 year olds are now having sex (or vast majority you said I think) it may interest you to know that 26% of all girls in the UK have had sex before the age of 16 (and c. 30% boys). The average age of having sex for the first time is 16. In 1990, so my outdated generation, it was 17, and in 1980 it was 16 (apparently the slight rise in that decade was because of the effect of AIDS).

Every generation thinks theirs is the first to behave in a certain way - it's rarely true. Equally, every generation of teenagers brags that they are having sex when they are not.

Just to correct that, it will be 26% of girls asked surely?.. not 26% of all girls.
Adam Johnson on 17:35 - Feb 12 with 1791 viewsexiledclaseboy

I didn't think it was possible for this thread to plumb lower depths than previously. But here we are.

Poll: Tory leader

Adam Johnson on 17:42 - Feb 12 with 1760 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 17:35 - Feb 12 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't think it was possible for this thread to plumb lower depths than previously. But here we are.

What? PS posters advocating lowering the age of consent to enable consenting sex with children?

Shirley not.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 17:46 - Feb 12 with 1743 viewsJacandme

Adam Johnson on 17:42 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

What? PS posters advocating lowering the age of consent to enable consenting sex with children?

Shirley not.

I think it has been an interesting thread and a very good exchange at times. I haven't read any post and taken it in the way you're suggesting Itchy.
Adam Johnson on 17:47 - Feb 12 with 1740 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 17:29 - Feb 12 by Jacandme

Just to correct that, it will be 26% of girls asked surely?.. not 26% of all girls.

It's the official statistics (they collect such data for medical, health and social care provisions I would imagine). So as with all such data, they use a sample of the population to extrapolate to the population as a whole and the sampling used will be selected to give results that can be relied on to give accurate results for the wider population.
Adam Johnson on 17:48 - Feb 12 with 1729 viewsVetchitBack

Some fine examples of sensationalist, tabloid-style moral outrage and those letting the mob think for them.

There has of course got to be a "cut-off" so to speak of age of consent but calling a fifteen year old a child is ridiculous. Fifteen year olds can kill, invent, play professional sport, read complex novels, look after a family etc etc. Maybe we need to rethink our definition of "child" and "children"

We let certain "children' literally get away with murder who are often more clued up than you or I.

This is coming from someone who called a forty year old "sick" for making "phwoar" type comments about girls outside Swansea College (16-18 year olds).

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Adam Johnson on 17:50 - Feb 12 with 1713 viewsmax936

Adam Johnson on 16:48 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

You were also oblivious to anything other than what was blasting from your speakers.

Just say what you mean Loh, he's a boy racer, l've seen him cruising through Neath in the night with his windows down and the sounds of boom bang boom blaring out of the car, he's like an overgrown teeny weeny ffs mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Adam Johnson on 18:00 - Feb 12 with 1682 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 17:35 - Feb 12 by exiledclaseboy

It's got a long way to sink yet. It's only day 1 of the trial.

It is worrying how many grown men on here think it's perfectly acceptable to shag 15 year olds though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 1678 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 17:48 - Feb 12 by VetchitBack

Some fine examples of sensationalist, tabloid-style moral outrage and those letting the mob think for them.

There has of course got to be a "cut-off" so to speak of age of consent but calling a fifteen year old a child is ridiculous. Fifteen year olds can kill, invent, play professional sport, read complex novels, look after a family etc etc. Maybe we need to rethink our definition of "child" and "children"

We let certain "children' literally get away with murder who are often more clued up than you or I.

This is coming from someone who called a forty year old "sick" for making "phwoar" type comments about girls outside Swansea College (16-18 year olds).

Oh look out, we've got another one!

Adam Johnson on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 1678 viewsOldjack

For the nosy fukes like Prosser http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/details-from-the-adam-johnson-trial-120216

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Adam Johnson on 18:02 - Feb 12 with 1673 viewsGroo

Adam Johnson on 18:00 - Feb 12 by Highjack

It's got a long way to sink yet. It's only day 1 of the trial.

It is worrying how many grown men on here think it's perfectly acceptable to shag 15 year olds though.

I'm not sure any have, can you name them so we can be clear who you think has said that?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 18:02]

Groo does what Groo does best

Adam Johnson on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 1654 viewsVetchitBack

Adam Johnson on 18:01 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Oh look out, we've got another one!

A better way to argue/debate is to say which part you disagree with and why.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Adam Johnson on 18:08 - Feb 12 with 1641 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 17:48 - Feb 12 by VetchitBack

They're vulnerable because they're in the adolescent stage.. transitioning from teenager to adult.

They're aware of 'certain' boundaries.. but are unable to control the change or transition effectively.

The adolescent stage is the most crucial stage of development.. i wouldn't consider a 15 year old as a child.. i would consider them 'vulnerable' to a lot of factors.. but they're transitioning at a rapid and uneven rate.

I wouldn't consider Johnson a predatory pedophile.. i'd consider him a fully grown adult, taking advantage of a vulnerable person.. he deserves his sentence.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Adam Johnson on 18:09 - Feb 12 with 1632 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 18:05 - Feb 12 by VetchitBack

A better way to argue/debate is to say which part you disagree with and why.

Okay, I don't think referring to a 15 year old as a child is "ridiculous". Nothing more to add.

As you were.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024