Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 119031 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 12 with 2136 viewsmorningstar

I really didn't want to give my views on all of this, but in the current PS climate i'm getting increasingly concerned that peoples silence on this thread could see them labelled as paedophile sympathizers !
This has nothing to do with the age of consent or what it should or shouldn't be. It's about what is right from a moral and legal standpoint. My son is 16, he has a 15 yr old girlfriend. I've warned him, but if he doesn't listen and does what teenage people do, then if it comes on top and he ends up in trouble then I can only ring his neck, and stand by him from whatever comes his way over it and hope he learns a very valuable lesson.
Now then, you have Adam Johnson. A 26 yr old man, a professional footballer, and a hero to this young girl. He used his fame, in an attempt to gain sexual favours from an underage teenage girl 11 years younger than him, whilst having plenty of time to think about the road he was going down. He's no Paedo, but he's not a stupid boy either. He's broken the law and knew he was setting out to do so from the very start. He deserves everything that is happening for him right now. No doubt about it.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Adam Johnson on 18:26 - Feb 12 with 2126 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 18:02 - Feb 12 by Groo

I'm not sure any have, can you name them so we can be clear who you think has said that?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 18:02]

I'm not going to name anyone you naughty boy. I might be thick but I'm not stupid.

But there is a certain narrative underlying this thread from a certain viewpoint of various posters that 15 year olds are sexually mature and can make their own decisions, that it's ok in other countries etc etc

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 18:30 - Feb 12 with 2117 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:09 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Okay, I don't think referring to a 15 year old as a child is "ridiculous". Nothing more to add.

As you were.

This isn't a commentary on the Johnson trial but that's the age that John Cornwell won a VC and Alexander set out to conquer the known world yet if they were to rock up at Oddbins for a four pack of Carling the law would say they couldn't.

There are times when man-made law says one thing but nature thinks otherwise.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Adam Johnson on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 2102 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 18:25 - Feb 12 by morningstar

I really didn't want to give my views on all of this, but in the current PS climate i'm getting increasingly concerned that peoples silence on this thread could see them labelled as paedophile sympathizers !
This has nothing to do with the age of consent or what it should or shouldn't be. It's about what is right from a moral and legal standpoint. My son is 16, he has a 15 yr old girlfriend. I've warned him, but if he doesn't listen and does what teenage people do, then if it comes on top and he ends up in trouble then I can only ring his neck, and stand by him from whatever comes his way over it and hope he learns a very valuable lesson.
Now then, you have Adam Johnson. A 26 yr old man, a professional footballer, and a hero to this young girl. He used his fame, in an attempt to gain sexual favours from an underage teenage girl 11 years younger than him, whilst having plenty of time to think about the road he was going down. He's no Paedo, but he's not a stupid boy either. He's broken the law and knew he was setting out to do so from the very start. He deserves everything that is happening for him right now. No doubt about it.

Nothing wrong with a 16 year old boy having a 15 year old girlfriend. Not the same thing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 12 with 2084 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 18:30 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

This isn't a commentary on the Johnson trial but that's the age that John Cornwell won a VC and Alexander set out to conquer the known world yet if they were to rock up at Oddbins for a four pack of Carling the law would say they couldn't.

Don't say that, this thread will turn into 'establishment sympathisers' vs 'Human rights' brigade.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Adam Johnson on 18:38 - Feb 12 with 2077 viewsLohengrin

Adam Johnson on 18:26 - Feb 12 by Highjack

I'm not going to name anyone you naughty boy. I might be thick but I'm not stupid.

But there is a certain narrative underlying this thread from a certain viewpoint of various posters that 15 year olds are sexually mature and can make their own decisions, that it's ok in other countries etc etc

There are 15-year-old junior soldiers at Pirbright handling rifles and explosives on a daily basis I doubt a fanny would be that much of a leap for them, High.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Adam Johnson on 18:40 - Feb 12 with 2064 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 18:30 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

Fair comment but the law as it stands in the present says she is a child. If she was in China she could have ten years work behind her. I'm just observing what is in the public domain and what the law here says in the present. I stand to be corrected but I think the charges he faces mention 'sexual activity with a child' - child being the important thing in the eyes of the law, not minor, teenager or adolescent, child. A few on here that say she not a child need to let that sink in.

Adam Johnson on 18:41 - Feb 12 with 2056 viewsmorningstar

Adam Johnson on 18:33 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Nothing wrong with a 16 year old boy having a 15 year old girlfriend. Not the same thing.

Of course it's not the same thing Itchy. That's exactly what I'm saying. It was aimed more at the people who claim Johnsons just been a bit of a stupid boy.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 18:44 - Feb 12 with 2027 viewsVetchitBack

Adam Johnson on 18:09 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Okay, I don't think referring to a 15 year old as a child is "ridiculous". Nothing more to add.

As you were.

When you hear of one of those incidents where a gang of six-foot plus teenage hoodies batter some unsuspecting person do you honestly think of them as children?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Adam Johnson on 18:47 - Feb 12 with 2024 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 18:44 - Feb 12 by VetchitBack

When you hear of one of those incidents where a gang of six-foot plus teenage hoodies batter some unsuspecting person do you honestly think of them as children?

Nope..

Vulnerable Adolescents.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Adam Johnson on 18:52 - Feb 12 with 1985 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 18:26 - Feb 12 by Highjack

Yes because as we all know, there are no 15 year olds anywhere who are sexually mature and who can make their own decisions.
It also not a viewpoint that its ok in other countries and cultures, it is a fact.
Edit. This is my original post.

How can a girl be an adult in one country and a child in another at the same age?
Either having sex with 15 year olds is immoral or it isnt.
This then becomes a point of law.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 18:55]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 12 with 1955 viewsAngelRangelQS

Adam Johnson on 18:37 - Feb 12 by skippyjack

Don't say that, this thread will turn into 'establishment sympathisers' vs 'Human rights' brigade.

Yeah human rights. Political correctness gone mad. Without all this human rights bollox grown men in their late twenties could be out having sex with 14 year old sexually mature women.

F*ck. My. Eyes. I honestly cannot believe some people's contributions to this thread. It's staggering
Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 12 with 1952 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 18:44 - Feb 12 by VetchitBack

Not sure, I probably would. The point is the law sees her as a child so it sounds like you think the law is wrong, I don't. Shades of the Ched Evans threads here with people not able to sees facts set out in front of them. It's not about preference or interpretation, the prosecution has to prove that sexual activity took place - that she is a child is not even up for judgement, it's the only thing that so far is fact and does not need to be proven. So you can say she is not a child all you want, she is and the law and the charges against him says so.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:01]

Adam Johnson on 19:00 - Feb 12 with 1943 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 12 by AngelRangelQS

Yeah human rights. Political correctness gone mad. Without all this human rights bollox grown men in their late twenties could be out having sex with 14 year old sexually mature women.

F*ck. My. Eyes. I honestly cannot believe some people's contributions to this thread. It's staggering

What?

Adam Johnson on 19:03 - Feb 12 with 1923 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Not sure, I probably would. The point is the law sees her as a child so it sounds like you think the law is wrong, I don't. Shades of the Ched Evans threads here with people not able to sees facts set out in front of them. It's not about preference or interpretation, the prosecution has to prove that sexual activity took place - that she is a child is not even up for judgement, it's the only thing that so far is fact and does not need to be proven. So you can say she is not a child all you want, she is and the law and the charges against him says so.

Nope, it's just people on this thread are not that 'bright'..

You all talk the talk.. but all you have done is make assumptions.

I have spoken facts.

Adam Johnson on 19:05 - Feb 12 with 1914 viewsJackanapes

Lets just hope we dont sign any Mexicans.
"Well ....she look 12 to me"
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:06]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 19:09 - Feb 12 with 1884 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 19:03 - Feb 12 by skippyjack

Nope, it's just people on this thread are not that 'bright'..

You all talk the talk.. but all you have done is make assumptions.

I have spoken facts.

I think you're confused skip. All you've done is present opinions. Have a look at the wording of the charge and come back and tell me she's not a child, in the factual sense. Then explain why it's okay for a man in his late 20's to initiate sex with that child.

Adam Johnson on 19:11 - Feb 12 with 1873 viewsVetchitBack

Adam Johnson on 18:58 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Fair enough that is possibly the crux of this argument. I know I wasn't a child at 15.

I must state that I think the age of consent is fine. The law is fine. Johnson is morally repugnant or worse.

I just have a problem with the child thing as it gives some dangerous and potentially dangerous people almost a pass to do unspeakably bad things.

Or rather the law in this case is right. A fifteen year old murdering someone is no different to an eighteen year old murdering someone and should be dealt with in the same way.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:28]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Adam Johnson on 19:24 - Feb 12 with 1842 viewsdougie

It is more than likely that Johnson will never be a footballer again. This thread therefore belongs elsewhere.
Adam Johnson on 19:27 - Feb 12 with 1829 viewsDarran

Could a Mod ban Skippy please?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adam Johnson on 19:37 - Feb 12 with 1792 viewsSwanzay

Bill Wyman aged 52 married Mandy Smith in 1989 at the age of 18, they had been dating for 5 years!

Was there a public outcry back then?
Adam Johnson on 19:45 - Feb 12 with 1768 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adam Johnson on 19:37 - Feb 12 by Swanzay

Bill Wyman aged 52 married Mandy Smith in 1989 at the age of 18, they had been dating for 5 years!

Was there a public outcry back then?

Yes. Especially as it was claimed that Wyman and Smith's relationship began when she was 14. Perfectly acceptable to some on here no doubt.

Poll: Tory leader

Adam Johnson on 19:49 - Feb 12 with 1754 viewsSwanzay

Adam Johnson on 19:45 - Feb 12 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. Especially as it was claimed that Wyman and Smith's relationship began when she was 14. Perfectly acceptable to some on here no doubt.

13 years old to be precise...

Utter filth
Adam Johnson on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 1735 viewsSwanzay

Actually seeing as well documented, why hasn't Bill Wyman been under the operation yewtree radar for his actions?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:53]
Adam Johnson on 19:53 - Feb 12 with 1732 viewsDarran

Adam Johnson on 19:52 - Feb 12 by Swanzay

Actually seeing as well documented, why hasn't Bill Wyman been under the operation yewtree radar for his actions?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:53]

Evidence probably you thick tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024