Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 119028 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 09:03 - Feb 16 with 1890 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Adam Johnson on 08:58 - Feb 16 by crackerjack

So... 20 pages into this thread and some on here are still trying to justify / mitigate / excuse Johnson's actions!!

Jesus H feckin Christ!!

Haha I only started it as I was amazed he had admitted to it.

Some of the stuff on here especially the comments having a pop at the girl are laughable

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 09:13 - Feb 16 with 1870 viewsItchySphincter

So... 20 pages into this thread and some on here are still trying to justify / mitigate / excuse Johnson's actions!!

Jesus H feckin Christ!!

Apparently I'm morally repugnant for standing up for the rights of children to be children.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 09:22 - Feb 16 with 1858 viewsraynor94

Adam Johnson on 23:10 - Feb 15 by Jacandme

What an utterly repugnant and juvenile thing to say. Are you suggesting those that also agreed that gay marriage should be legal are homosexuals? Those that lobbied for the lower age of consent for homosexuals were just wannabe homisexual kiddie fiddlers?

People need to seperate reality from the man made ever changing laws. To suggest he raped her is pathetic, she was complicit in it. The law dictates that her consent doesn't count because she is 15 and not 16, but that doesn't mean it wasn't given, it just means the ever changing man made law doesn't recognise it. If I called my 15 year old "a child" or suggested she was incapable of making decisions - i'd get a slap.

He broke the law and will rightly do some time as a result, but let's not pretend its something it isn't to joint the mob mentality that is getting so very tiresome.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 23:15]

I really am gobsmacked by some of the post on this thread, would you be as nonchalant if it was your 15 year old daughter being groomed?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adam Johnson on 09:58 - Feb 16 with 1834 viewsJackFish

Adam Johnson on 20:59 - Feb 15 by exhmrc1

totally wrong rape has not been charged. Even the prosecution accept she has been complicit in this. It was 2 people allegedly committing a sexual act willingly but one was under the age of consent. That is why he will rightly be punished and should not have proceeded when he knew she was under age. However the part she played in this is still not certain and we need to know the full truth and not just the girl's story

So at what age does "the part she played in this" not make a difference for you? If she was 14 would it have been a problem? 13? Eight?
Adam Johnson on 10:22 - Feb 16 with 1788 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 20:59 - Feb 15 by exhmrc1

totally wrong rape has not been charged. Even the prosecution accept she has been complicit in this. It was 2 people allegedly committing a sexual act willingly but one was under the age of consent. That is why he will rightly be punished and should not have proceeded when he knew she was under age. However the part she played in this is still not certain and we need to know the full truth and not just the girl's story

At which point has the prosecution accepted "that she's been complicit in all of this"? The prosecution would never place any blame on the victim in any case.

You are completely missing the point. She probably did enjoy it all, she probably felt like the luckiest girl alive at the time, but the likelihood is she'll look back in 10/20 years time and be absolutely horrified at what he did to her at that age.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 10:47 - Feb 16 with 1750 viewsJackanapes

If this girl was 16 no one would care, whilst she may stilll be vulnerable. If a kid is a kid at 15, why do they suddenly become adults at 16? If it was my daughter, and she was 16, why would anything be different? It would still be wrong. He would stillbe morally compromised (IMO) 16 is an arbitrary number. So is 15 or 14 or 12. Age is no indicator of sexual maturity or of intellectual maturity.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 10:57 - Feb 16 with 1735 viewsswanny

Adam Johnson on 10:47 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

If this girl was 16 no one would care, whilst she may stilll be vulnerable. If a kid is a kid at 15, why do they suddenly become adults at 16? If it was my daughter, and she was 16, why would anything be different? It would still be wrong. He would stillbe morally compromised (IMO) 16 is an arbitrary number. So is 15 or 14 or 12. Age is no indicator of sexual maturity or of intellectual maturity.

Yes, you're right. It's an arbitrary number, but it is there and it is the law. He knew the legal age, he googled it ffs - so the world of pain that is currently in is completely and utterly deserved. He couldn't control himself and that is very worrying. He knew it was wrong but thought that he wouldn't get caught. If that poor girl had deleted her texts like he asked her to, she'd be hung drawn and quartered now. The fact that he himself has admitted his wrong doing and yet there are still some on here claiming that she should accept partial responsibility is absolutely staggering. I don't care what you did when you were 15 or if you think your own children are responsibly mature at that age, I don't agree with you and neither does the law.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Adam Johnson on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 1672 viewsDewi1jack

Jesus H feckin Christ!!

More than likely the same ones who were protesting Chedwyn Evans's right to rape, sorry, have sex with non consenting women. The word rape seems to offend certain people defending non consensual or underage sex.
The legal regs state the girl is under age.
Johnson knew the regs and her age.
Yes, it's an arbitrary figure, like the ages for driving, drinking, going military front line, voting etc are.
But, it's a figure that has been put in place to protect people. So trying to justify the fact that she may have consented has no bearing whatsoever. She is of an age where she cannot legally give consent.
I genuinely can't believe the number who are trying to justify screwing an under age girl. But then I couldn't understand posters defending Evans either.
Or the muppets who reckon we should sign Evans and Johnson.
Johnson has admitted underage sex and grooming. He will be on the sex offenders register for that alone.
He won't be allowed within a certain distance of children. How's he supposed to play in a stadium?
Yet we should sign him

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 13:08 - Feb 16 with 1638 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 10:47 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

Yes it is.

Adam Johnson on 13:10 - Feb 16 with 1632 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 10:57 - Feb 16 by swanny

Yes, you're right. It's an arbitrary number, but it is there and it is the law. He knew the legal age, he googled it ffs - so the world of pain that is currently in is completely and utterly deserved. He couldn't control himself and that is very worrying. He knew it was wrong but thought that he wouldn't get caught. If that poor girl had deleted her texts like he asked her to, she'd be hung drawn and quartered now. The fact that he himself has admitted his wrong doing and yet there are still some on here claiming that she should accept partial responsibility is absolutely staggering. I don't care what you did when you were 15 or if you think your own children are responsibly mature at that age, I don't agree with you and neither does the law.

Yes, so as I originally said its the (arbitrary)illegality that is causing the ire.
People break the law all the time.
Where did I say that all children are responsbily mature at that age? Some might be. Thats why I said age is not really a way to classify people. People may be adult at 14 or children at 17. I have never expressed any support for johnson or indicated in anyway that she invited this. If Im challenging people views on this then I must be supporting him? Another example of the binary thinking of most people on here. I certainly dont care if you agree with me if you are willing to judge me without even reading what I have posted.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:14]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Adam Johnson on 13:10 - Feb 16 with 1627 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 13:08 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

Yes it is.

No it isnt. You spoke of a kids right to be a kid. What about an adults right to be an adult? Who are you to decide who is adult and who is a child?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:12]

Adam Johnson on 13:15 - Feb 16 with 1601 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:10 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

No it isnt. You spoke of a kids right to be a kid. What about an adults right to be an adult? Who are you to decide who is adult and who is a child?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:12]

It might not be a hard and fast rule but it's definitely and indicator.

You mentioned a 12 year old so it's totally fair to say that a 16 year old would be more intellectually and sexually mature and the indication would be age.

Adam Johnson on 13:16 - Feb 16 with 1599 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 13:15 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

You mentioned a 12 year old so it's totally fair to say that a 16 year old would be more intellectually and sexually mature and the indication would be age.

Well I advise you not go to Mexico anytime soon.

Adam Johnson on 13:16 - Feb 16 with 1591 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:15 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

You edited your post after I responded.

I don't decide the law does.

Adam Johnson on 13:18 - Feb 16 with 1584 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:16 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

Well I advise you not go to Mexico anytime soon.

Why's that? I'd have no interest in a twelve year old even if it was legal. Would you?

Adam Johnson on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 1584 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 13:16 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

You edited your post after I responded.

I don't decide the law does.

So as I said pages and pages ago, its a point of law. People can be immoral as long as they are doing it within the boundaries of the law.

Adam Johnson on 13:21 - Feb 16 with 1571 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 13:18 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

Why's that? I'd have no interest in a twelve year old even if it was legal. Would you?

Yes that must be it it I must be a paedophile because I dont agree with you. My point is its legal there. You being so concerned about the law and all. If he did this is Mexico he wouldnt be breaking any laws, so hes all good then?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:24]

Adam Johnson on 13:38 - Feb 16 with 1528 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:21 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

Yes that must be it it I must be a paedophile because I dont agree with you. My point is its legal there. You being so concerned about the law and all. If he did this is Mexico he wouldnt be breaking any laws, so hes all good then?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:24]

That's twisting it if ever I saw it. I haven't implies you are a paedophile btw so no need to be paranoid.

It's not a case of me being obsessed by the law but I'm happy to observe that 16 is set as a minimum age - it doesn't mean that even then I advocate or endorse grown men rushing out to have sex with 16 year olds. It's there to protect children, there is no need to lower it.

I don't think it would be a okay of if he did it in Mexico because I'm not conditioned that way and comparing developing nations and their laws with first world countries is like comparing apples and oranges.

Adam Johnson on 13:41 - Feb 16 with 1521 viewsJackanapes

Adam Johnson on 13:38 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

That's twisting it if ever I saw it. I haven't implies you are a paedophile btw so no need to be paranoid.

It's not a case of me being obsessed by the law but I'm happy to observe that 16 is set as a minimum age - it doesn't mean that even then I advocate or endorse grown men rushing out to have sex with 16 year olds. It's there to protect children, there is no need to lower it.

I don't think it would be a okay of if he did it in Mexico because I'm not conditioned that way and comparing developing nations and their laws with first world countries is like comparing apples and oranges.

....and all have been saying all along is that it doesnt become morally acceptable just because it becomes legally acceptable, yet somehow I'm on his side.

Adam Johnson on 13:44 - Feb 16 with 1502 viewsLoyal

Adam Johnson on 13:38 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

Safeguarding children is the countries priority, and anyone advocating lowering the age hasn't got children or IMO questionable in their agenda.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adam Johnson on 13:49 - Feb 16 with 1497 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:41 - Feb 16 by Jackanapes

....and all have been saying all along is that it doesnt become morally acceptable just because it becomes legally acceptable, yet somehow I'm on his side.

I'm not saying that at all.

The only thing I disagreed with regarding what you said was the bit about age being no indicator of maturity. I repeat, it may not be the defining factor but it is an indicator.

I'm sure you are every bit as concerned as I am about providing sufficient protection for our children both through the law and at home and haven't implied otherwise.

Adam Johnson on 13:52 - Feb 16 with 1493 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 13:44 - Feb 16 by Loyal

Safeguarding children is the countries priority, and anyone advocating lowering the age hasn't got children or IMO questionable in their agenda.

Didn't mean to down arrow sorry, iPhone. It why my spelling has turned to sh!t as well.

Adam Johnson on 13:54 - Feb 16 with 1483 viewsLoyal

Adam Johnson on 13:52 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

Didn't mean to down arrow sorry, iPhone. It why my spelling has turned to sh!t as well.

I do it all the time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adam Johnson on 14:29 - Feb 16 with 1402 viewsskippyjack

All i'm doing is pointing out facts.. yet i'm being vilified for pointing out stuff thousands of PhD graduates have actually studied on.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Adam Johnson on 14:41 - Feb 16 with 1373 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 14:29 - Feb 16 by skippyjack

All i'm doing is pointing out facts.. yet i'm being vilified for pointing out stuff thousands of PhD graduates have actually studied on.

Don't be so needy skip.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024