Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing 15:22 - Feb 15 with 6224 viewsAnotherJohn

I know this isn't everybody's cup of tea - so please ignore if not interested.

7-2-16 Astur 1 Langreo 5. Astur face defeat after just three minutes when Michu’s run takes him beyond the home defence and he is hacked down from behind. The inevitable penalty and red card follow. Michu plays most of the game in a deep-lying midfield role. He misses a golden chance when he blazes over the bar when through on the keeper. Late on he breaks clear again and this time draws the keeper before presenting a team mate with a simple tap in. He lasts the full 90 minutes.

14-2-16 Langreo 6 Gijon Industrial 0. Michu registers an assist for Nuno’s opener and consolidates Langreo’s lead with a headed second goal after 56 minutes. He is substituted after 72 minutes, after which four more goals go in. The substitution seems to be about squad rotation rather than injury.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 15:27 - Feb 15 with 6200 viewsicecoldjack

Michu would still probably walk into our team! fooked ankles or not!
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 6109 viewsGriffting

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 15:27 - Feb 15 by icecoldjack

Michu would still probably walk into our team! fooked ankles or not!

Could do a job if we went down surely, doesn't have to be as mobile in the Championship. As long as he can still thread a pass and finish a chance
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 16:10 - Feb 15 with 6087 viewsmonmouth

I know there's no point looking back, but Pablo's through ball and Michu's outside of the boot finish at home to QPR makes me want to sink my teeth into my keyboard in frustration given the abject lack of imagination of the past few months.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 16:55 - Feb 15 with 5996 viewsjacabertawe

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 16:10 - Feb 15 by monmouth

I know there's no point looking back, but Pablo's through ball and Michu's outside of the boot finish at home to QPR makes me want to sink my teeth into my keyboard in frustration given the abject lack of imagination of the past few months.

Yes, I have saved the You Tube clip of that to cheer me up when our going gets tough. I watch it often.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 17:28 - Feb 15 with 5932 viewsClinton

Just day dreaming,I would have loved to have seen him play a series of substitute 15 minute cameos at the end of each match. Or at the start and sub him after 30 minutes. Hasn't lost his eye for goal by the look of it, a couple of his specials and our points total would look a whole lot better.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 18:27 - Feb 15 with 5845 viewssully49

Why can't just recall, give a medical and take it from there, or isn't he on our books any longer? It seems that the biggest issue was a great deal to do with GM and Michu being a bit of a prat, to say the least.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 23:42]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:07 - Feb 15 with 5697 viewsjasper_T

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 18:27 - Feb 15 by sully49

Why can't just recall, give a medical and take it from there, or isn't he on our books any longer? It seems that the biggest issue was a great deal to do with GM and Michu being a bit of a prat, to say the least.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 23:42]

We paid him the best part of £2m to go away.

Tearing up the Spanish third division doesn't mean much. I'm glad he's having fun, though.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:26 - Feb 15 with 5663 viewspencoedjack

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:07 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

We paid him the best part of £2m to go away.

Tearing up the Spanish third division doesn't mean much. I'm glad he's having fun, though.

You are on a downer about most things Swansea Jasper

Guess you are a glass half empty type guy ?
Login to get fewer ads

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:41 - Feb 15 with 5631 viewsjasper_T

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:26 - Feb 15 by pencoedjack

You are on a downer about most things Swansea Jasper

Guess you are a glass half empty type guy ?

I'm one of the few not slitting their own wrists this week after narrowly losing to an excellent Southampton team to end a four match unbeaten run.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 01:48 - Feb 16 with 5512 viewsBanosswan

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:41 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

I'm one of the few not slitting their own wrists this week after narrowly losing to an excellent Southampton team to end a four match unbeaten run.

I agree.

However, as for your michu comments

If he was tearing up league one, would you feel different?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 1:49]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 14:43 - Feb 16 with 5255 viewsGlyn1

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 21:41 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

I didn't see the match so am only going by the newspaper reports. But isn't it true that we were playing them at home and didn't give them any problems at all - maybe not one shot on target?

And good luck to Michu, of course.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 14:53 - Feb 16 with 5234 viewsjasper_T

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 14:43 - Feb 16 by Glyn1

I didn't see the match so am only going by the newspaper reports. But isn't it true that we were playing them at home and didn't give them any problems at all - maybe not one shot on target?

And good luck to Michu, of course.

2 shots on target iirc and Southampton haven't conceded a goal in 6 games.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 19:18 - Feb 16 with 5106 viewswaynekerr55

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 16:10 - Feb 15 by monmouth

Pablo's through ball to Routs in Monk's first game 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 20:06 - Feb 29 with 4764 viewsAnotherJohn

After a week when he was an unused substitute after a minor injury, Michu played 90 minutes and scored against Real Oviedo B on Sunday. He made ground from just inside the Oviedo half and netted with a low shot that got a slight deflection. Langreo were down to 10 men in the second half, but held on for 1-1. I'd say that Michu is doing okay and showing signs of picking out his passes, but obviously the standard is much lower. The acid test will be: does he last the season? The game is on You Tube, but not too much goal-mouth action.

Goal after 23 minutes.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2016 20:17]
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 19:18 - Apr 10 with 4405 viewsAnotherJohn

After a bit of a wobble Michu seems to be back on form. In March Langreo registered their first defeat of 2016 when they went down 2-0 to second-placed Real Aviles. Our ex-hero then sat out a game through suspension, before coming back to face league leaders Caudal. He opened the scoring after 9 minutes, before seeing Langreo go down 2-1. This weekend the team bounced back with a 3-0 win over UC Ceares, with Michu chipping in with a goal and an assist. It will be interesting to see whether somebody comes in for him if he can get through the season playing most games.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 20:06]
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 19:29 - Apr 10 with 4351 viewsicecoldjack

Nice to know Michu is slowly recovering, of course it seems a million miles away from the prem league but till nice to see him on the field playing football.

people talk about how it cost us £2m quid, yet i never here them talk about the £60m he brought in with helping to secure prem status,the cup he helped us win and our euro adventure .

I wish him all the best, hopefully one day he will be here as a guest and say a proper good bye on the field, i'm sure most will never forget just how special he was for us.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 4332 viewsmax936

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 19:29 - Apr 10 by icecoldjack

Nice to know Michu is slowly recovering, of course it seems a million miles away from the prem league but till nice to see him on the field playing football.

people talk about how it cost us £2m quid, yet i never here them talk about the £60m he brought in with helping to secure prem status,the cup he helped us win and our euro adventure .

I wish him all the best, hopefully one day he will be here as a guest and say a proper good bye on the field, i'm sure most will never forget just how special he was for us.

Great post Icey.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 20:05 - Apr 17 with 3813 viewsAnotherJohn

Two more goals for Michu today in Langreo's 4-2 win away against Llanes.
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 22:37 - Apr 17 with 3558 viewsicecoldjack

Sign him up!! probably would have scored for us against Newcastle even while half crocked!!

Don't think he would have tossed it off on the field of play either.

Keep scoring Michu .
News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 07:57 - May 3 with 3030 viewsBrynmill_Jack

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 22:37 - Apr 17 by icecoldjack

Sign him up!! probably would have scored for us against Newcastle even while half crocked!!

Don't think he would have tossed it off on the field of play either.

Keep scoring Michu .

Any more news on the Michu front?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 08:02 - May 3 with 3017 viewsLoyal

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 07:57 - May 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Any more news on the Michu front?

9 goals in 15 games.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 08:08 - May 3 with 2995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

News from the 'pub league': how Michu is doing on 08:02 - May 3 by Loyal

9 goals in 15 games.

Not bad. It would be great if he got himself off to Lourdes to get those ankles healed up.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024