Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63375 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:00 - Mar 23 with 1541 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:33 - Mar 22 by nice_to_michu

I know it may sound like an insult, or just my opinion, but the general consensus from the movers and shakers in Wales is that she genuinely could not run a country with any competence.

I hope for everyone's sake that she is not a decision maker in Wales.

Given that Labour has successfully run Wales into the bottom of Education/health and pretty much every other European league table (actually regressing under devolution), and their clear corruption when it comes to investment, why would you vote Labour? Are you pleased that Cardiff gets near £2b spent on it, when we get less than £20m for our city centre regeneration and wonder why it may not happen? I agree, she may not be the best, but she's the lesser of two evils.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:52 - Mar 23 with 1533 viewsjohnlangy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:33 - Mar 22 by nice_to_michu

I know it may sound like an insult, or just my opinion, but the general consensus from the movers and shakers in Wales is that she genuinely could not run a country with any competence.

Fair comment. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and I've got no access to the 'movers and shakers' so wouldn't know their opinions.

But, if the only alternative is another 5 years of Labour (I'd never vote Tory or UKIP), based on what they've done for the last 17 years I'm more than happy to go with Plaid.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 1518 viewsDevz00

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:10 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Latest poll says Labour will be the biggest party again UKIP to get seven seats

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/14375571.UKIP_to_get_seven_Assembly_seats_
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 19:12]

Of the seven regional seats UKIP are predicted to win, one is in the South Wales East region.

If this is correct it will mean former Rochester and Strood MP Mark Reckless — who defected to UKIP from the Conservative Party in September 2014 and lost his seat in last year’s General Election — will become AM for South Wales East.

An appropriate surname for a UKIP candidate.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:22 - Mar 23 with 1515 viewsDevz00

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:00 - Mar 23 by CopperJack

Given that Labour has successfully run Wales into the bottom of Education/health and pretty much every other European league table (actually regressing under devolution), and their clear corruption when it comes to investment, why would you vote Labour? Are you pleased that Cardiff gets near £2b spent on it, when we get less than £20m for our city centre regeneration and wonder why it may not happen? I agree, she may not be the best, but she's the lesser of two evils.

Have you got a breakdown for the 2bn spent in cardiff compared to 20m in Swansea? Those figures are genuinely scary.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:25 - Mar 23 with 1505 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:22 - Mar 23 by Devz00

Have you got a breakdown for the 2bn spent in cardiff compared to 20m in Swansea? Those figures are genuinely scary.

Well, they spend nearly £20m every year just maintaining Cardiff Bay. They've just agreed to £500m+ on a city deal. How many hundreds of millions do you think Cardiff Bay, St Davids, the Millenium Centre, the Senedd, new BBC Wales HQ & link road, Capital Sq, Sophia Gardens (and spending £20m each time they bring the Ashes to Cardiff) cost?

The list of works they're spending there 9including the new m4 relief road) is endless. When you ask Labour about this, as I've done already (please see earlier comments) they actually don't/can't respond to it, and just keep uttering the same insulting rhetoric 'we love Swansea and have invested so much there'.

They've been bunging the likes of Pinewood Studios, PWC, Aston Martin, and all these other huge companies to open branches there. All justified as 'Good for Wales'.

Meanwhile, they will put no money into our city deal, and they've promised £20m to our city centre regeneration plans.

Yet, we still vote them in in our droves. We're like a beaten dog which keeps going back for more.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:16 - Mar 23 with 1481 viewstrampie

Plaid going up in the latest Welsh poll.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:41 - Mar 23 with 1463 viewsthedrownedman

Good to see Plaid make gains in the latest YouGov polls. Need to keep this up.

Can I just say one thing: you're not voting for Leanne Wood (strictly speaking), you're voting for Plaid Cymru, and their manifesto for this Assembly Election.

Labour will continue to do what they've done for almost two decades, which is run Wales into the ground with regards to health and education, and by continuing to centralise investment to Cardiff and the SE. Rhodri Morgan said last Sunday (Sunday Supplement, Radio Wales) that Labour would think about make a deal with UKIP. Is this a risk one is willing to take?

The Conservatives...Just take a look at what's been going on in England for a taste of what will happen in Wales should they get elected here; the problems they've created with junior doctors, proposed academies. And not forgetting the real possibility of selling off the NHS. Their leader is anti-EU. Can we really afford someone with such ideas to be in power in Wales, when we benefit by quite a lot from our EU membership. (I'm not saying the EU is perfect here). The Tories would also make a pact with UKIP. Without a strong Plaid government in the Senedd we will not have a strong opposition to the Tory UK Gov. Carwyn Jones has been out of his depth here.

Yes, Plaid are an unknown entity, they've only been in power as a minority, but remember: the phrase "better the devil you know..." doesn't apply here. We know what Labour have 'done' for Wales, and we've seen the Tories at work during the last 6 years.

There's only one way to find out if Plaid can deliver what they're promising and that is to ditch the failed Labour approach and the unjust Tory approach, and vote twice for PC.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:47 - Mar 23 with 1458 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:41 - Mar 23 by thedrownedman

Good to see Plaid make gains in the latest YouGov polls. Need to keep this up.

Can I just say one thing: you're not voting for Leanne Wood (strictly speaking), you're voting for Plaid Cymru, and their manifesto for this Assembly Election.

Labour will continue to do what they've done for almost two decades, which is run Wales into the ground with regards to health and education, and by continuing to centralise investment to Cardiff and the SE. Rhodri Morgan said last Sunday (Sunday Supplement, Radio Wales) that Labour would think about make a deal with UKIP. Is this a risk one is willing to take?

The Conservatives...Just take a look at what's been going on in England for a taste of what will happen in Wales should they get elected here; the problems they've created with junior doctors, proposed academies. And not forgetting the real possibility of selling off the NHS. Their leader is anti-EU. Can we really afford someone with such ideas to be in power in Wales, when we benefit by quite a lot from our EU membership. (I'm not saying the EU is perfect here). The Tories would also make a pact with UKIP. Without a strong Plaid government in the Senedd we will not have a strong opposition to the Tory UK Gov. Carwyn Jones has been out of his depth here.

Yes, Plaid are an unknown entity, they've only been in power as a minority, but remember: the phrase "better the devil you know..." doesn't apply here. We know what Labour have 'done' for Wales, and we've seen the Tories at work during the last 6 years.

There's only one way to find out if Plaid can deliver what they're promising and that is to ditch the failed Labour approach and the unjust Tory approach, and vote twice for PC.

Very well said. With PC, what do we have to lose? If they fail to deliver investment, then we're no worse off. What we do know for certain - and have experienced for 20 years - is that Labour will spend every penny they get on continuing to create a city-State, and keep us in a position of begging for the crumbs off their table, while they smugly say to us 'We love Swansea, we give you loads'. Nauseating.

Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:02 - Mar 23 with 1448 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:42 - Mar 22 by nice_to_michu

Cool, do whatever makes you feel better about your day.

Advocating a vote for Leanne Wood because you think she is the best for Wales is hilarious. She is a third rate politician, thinker, speaker (just regurgitates nonsense, completely incapable of thinking under oressure when challenged).

She couldn't run a community council let alone a country. That isn't just my view, it's the view of other Assembky members of all colours, business leaders, think tanks. It's the worst kept secret around.

You're right and the opinion of her is also the same up here as well.

Love the fact that everyone is banging on and on about them definitely moving away from a Cardiff centric assembly. Good way to show that would have been for them to choose somewhere other than the Cardiff City Stadium to launch their plans then don't you think?

I agree with those that say Labour has been awful in Wales, but the only other party to have power in Wales has been Plaid - what exactly did they do when in coalition to make Wales less Cardiff centric?

If Plaid had a half decent leader they'd have a great chance this time round - as it is, it'll be the same old crap yet again I'm afraid.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:07 - Mar 23 with 1438 viewstrampie

Plaid doing well in the poll on this thread.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:22 - Mar 23 with 1417 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:02 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

You're right and the opinion of her is also the same up here as well.

Love the fact that everyone is banging on and on about them definitely moving away from a Cardiff centric assembly. Good way to show that would have been for them to choose somewhere other than the Cardiff City Stadium to launch their plans then don't you think?

I agree with those that say Labour has been awful in Wales, but the only other party to have power in Wales has been Plaid - what exactly did they do when in coalition to make Wales less Cardiff centric?

If Plaid had a half decent leader they'd have a great chance this time round - as it is, it'll be the same old crap yet again I'm afraid.

Out of curiosity Lisa, for whom would you vote? I totally get your point about Leanne, but unless hell freezes over, the Tories will never get into power. So, who else? would you re-elect Labour after so many years of wanton neglect?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:23 - Mar 23 with 1417 viewsDevz00

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:25 - Mar 23 by CopperJack

Well, they spend nearly £20m every year just maintaining Cardiff Bay. They've just agreed to £500m+ on a city deal. How many hundreds of millions do you think Cardiff Bay, St Davids, the Millenium Centre, the Senedd, new BBC Wales HQ & link road, Capital Sq, Sophia Gardens (and spending £20m each time they bring the Ashes to Cardiff) cost?

The list of works they're spending there 9including the new m4 relief road) is endless. When you ask Labour about this, as I've done already (please see earlier comments) they actually don't/can't respond to it, and just keep uttering the same insulting rhetoric 'we love Swansea and have invested so much there'.

They've been bunging the likes of Pinewood Studios, PWC, Aston Martin, and all these other huge companies to open branches there. All justified as 'Good for Wales'.

Meanwhile, they will put no money into our city deal, and they've promised £20m to our city centre regeneration plans.

Yet, we still vote them in in our droves. We're like a beaten dog which keeps going back for more.

I am well aware of the sort of developments going on in cardiff. I commute from Llanelli to Cardiff every day to work.

I just wondered if anyone had an actual breakdown of what has been spent. Thanks for your reply. I know that the WAG are putting £580m up for the Cardiff City deal. I was just interested in any concrete figures that are available to compare WAG spending in cardiff against other Welsh regions.

I was under the impression that the redevelopment of Sophia Gardens, for example, was paid for by the cardiff city council?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 15:24]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:33 - Mar 23 with 1412 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:22 - Mar 23 by CopperJack

Out of curiosity Lisa, for whom would you vote? I totally get your point about Leanne, but unless hell freezes over, the Tories will never get into power. So, who else? would you re-elect Labour after so many years of wanton neglect?

Thankfully I don't have to as I live in London. If I did, and getting rid of the WAG wasn't an option (I think it's been terrible for Wales in its current form) I would probably be tempted to vote for the Lib Dems.

If Plaid were more like Plaid used to be, I would vote for them, but this new incarnation is one I find deeply disturbing as I genuinely don't believe that Wales should be a country that revels in its downtrodden status and measures everything by its dislike of England. It's not ever increasing handouts and crappy jobs Wales needs, but a vibrant, thriving economy based on high standards of education and ambition and Plaid at the moment will not allow that to happen.

I would definitely not vote Labour - they have been shocking.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:13 - Mar 23 with 1397 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:23 - Mar 23 by Devz00

I am well aware of the sort of developments going on in cardiff. I commute from Llanelli to Cardiff every day to work.

I just wondered if anyone had an actual breakdown of what has been spent. Thanks for your reply. I know that the WAG are putting £580m up for the Cardiff City deal. I was just interested in any concrete figures that are available to compare WAG spending in cardiff against other Welsh regions.

I was under the impression that the redevelopment of Sophia Gardens, for example, was paid for by the cardiff city council?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 15:24]

Careful, you're injecting some facts into this debate, that is unfair.

You're supposed to eye-ball investment in city-X compared to city-Y and come up with a number, it's more fun that way!
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 1391 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:13 - Mar 23 by nice_to_michu

Careful, you're injecting some facts into this debate, that is unfair.

You're supposed to eye-ball investment in city-X compared to city-Y and come up with a number, it's more fun that way!

Oh joy, the voice of 'lets keep giving everything to Cardiff'. I bet you believe all the 'Yes, paying £20m to bring the Ashes to Cardiff, and bailing out Cardiff airport, and building a relief road with £1 BILLION is good for the WHOLE of Wales'. Uncle Tom mentality like this that allows them to keep neglecting us.

I've repeatedly asked, and heard other people ask AMs including Rhodri Morgan/Carwyn Jones and they'll never say how much they spent - I imagine they know it'd cause widespread disgust.

What I do now, is that none of the recent developments in Swansea (SA1/Bay Campus - even the infamous Waterfront Museum) were done with WAG money - all came from the EU. Just look at the SW Bay City Deal, complete absence of funding available.

No, I don't have an exact figure, but if they're about to spend £1b on a metro system, how much do you think regenerating Cardiff Bay and St Davids cost alone? Not even including the other things I mentioned.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:57 - Mar 23 with 1365 viewsjacabertawe

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:33 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Thankfully I don't have to as I live in London. If I did, and getting rid of the WAG wasn't an option (I think it's been terrible for Wales in its current form) I would probably be tempted to vote for the Lib Dems.

If Plaid were more like Plaid used to be, I would vote for them, but this new incarnation is one I find deeply disturbing as I genuinely don't believe that Wales should be a country that revels in its downtrodden status and measures everything by its dislike of England. It's not ever increasing handouts and crappy jobs Wales needs, but a vibrant, thriving economy based on high standards of education and ambition and Plaid at the moment will not allow that to happen.

I would definitely not vote Labour - they have been shocking.

I usually find you posts worth reading, but that analysis of Plaid is absolute nonsense without any basis in fact.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 1355 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:57 - Mar 23 by jacabertawe

I usually find you posts worth reading, but that analysis of Plaid is absolute nonsense without any basis in fact.

Some posters have an agenda, those posters are easy to predict.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:33 - Mar 23 with 1344 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:44 - Mar 23 by trampie

Some posters have an agenda, those posters are easy to predict.

Read what she says, Tramp. Take it all in because that is about as accurate a summation of where Plaid are at in 2016 as you're likely to come across.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 21:34]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:39 - Mar 23 with 1340 viewsKilkennyjack

Rubbish. Our Leanne is lovely so vote for her.

Beware of the Risen People

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:42 - Mar 23 with 1336 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:39 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

Ha! Ha! Let's not get her confused with Audrey Hepburn, is it?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:56 - Mar 23 with 1325 viewsKilkennyjack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:42 - Mar 23 by Lohengrin

Ha! Ha! Let's not get her confused with Audrey Hepburn, is it?

Thats a fair point tbh ....

Beware of the Risen People

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 01:11 - Mar 24 with 1293 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:39 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

Yeahhhhh, except it isn't rubbish.

"Our Leanne is lovely so vote for her"

Genuinely, I have no doubt she is a nice person. I mean that. But running a country is serious stuff, and she doesn't have the respect from peers that deal with her in the public sector. Don't take my word for it, if you can speak to those who work in government departments or union bosses.

It's not an ideological/party thing, it's a competency thing.

You've made me chuckle I'll give you that.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 1:12]
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:32 - Mar 24 with 1262 viewstrampie

They have total respect for Leanne and politically fear her because she is not a career politician, she is for real with genuine beliefs, she has done real jobs and lives in the real world, her opponents are more often then not agenda driven.

Leanne was superb in the national leaders debate [not her forte, but she excelled] , even when Plaid have struggled her personal rating have remained and continue to remain high.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:46 - Mar 24 with 1257 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:32 - Mar 24 by trampie

They have total respect for Leanne and politically fear her because she is not a career politician, she is for real with genuine beliefs, she has done real jobs and lives in the real world, her opponents are more often then not agenda driven.

Leanne was superb in the national leaders debate [not her forte, but she excelled] , even when Plaid have struggled her personal rating have remained and continue to remain high.

"....her opponents are more often than not agenda driven."

Of course they bloody are, mun! What do you think Manifestos are about?

"...politically fear her ."

Ha! Ha! That's priceless, Tramp, fair play. Have you got her pegged as a debater in the mould of a Lloyd George, Wheatley or Mosley?

You've got to snap out of this nonsense, Tramp.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:28 - Mar 24 with 1235 viewstrampie

The hope of Plaid claiming second place and Labour not having a majority leaving Plaid as kingmakers still seems to be a live hope based on recent polls.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024