Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job interview 06:46 - Mar 20 with 7876 viewsjack247

Guidollin was brought in with one mandate and that was to keep us up. Whether you think our upturn in results is mainly down to him or Curtis, the objective has been more or less achieved.

Up until now, I have been an advocate of playing drab, insipid football and grinding out results. Staying up was more important to me than how we did. Now we can start to count our chickens, I'd like to see a bit more from him. Whether it's playing the likes of Kingsley more to give him first team experience, trying the likes of Montero and Amat to see if they are able to play their way into contention for next season or playing with a bit more verve and attacking purpose.

I honestly think that if he wants to be here next season he needs to step up the performance levels, the pressure is off now and he has bought himself a few games to show what he can do. Let's see what he has got.

This is not me having a dig at FG in any way, I think he has been smart so far in setting us up to nick points and keep us in the league. I haven't been at all bothered by the quality of football until now.
Job interview on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 1040 viewsmorningstar

Job interview on 22:06 - Mar 20 by Groo

You are utterly delusional, so do you run your life on what the bookies write.

We have 7 games remaining , each and every one of them will be tough, no easy games, we could lose every single one.

That will leave us on 36 points.

A number of those teams below have winnable games.

We have a good chance of staying up, which is what the bookies are saying, the same bookies last year were odds on for Leicester to be relegated.

You do realise that even before we won yesterday that if the teams below us continued to pick up points at the same rate as they have all season, then yes we could lose every game and still stay up.

We're safe. Chill

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Job interview on 22:19 - Mar 20 with 1032 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:13 - Mar 20 by dgt73

who cares what happens next season- we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
This season keep things as they are and grind out another couple of results then that should be safe will turn into definitely be safe. It's not hard to understand.

Are you for real? Next season was the whole point of the thread.
Job interview on 22:21 - Mar 20 with 1022 viewsGroo

I just did a predictor, I purposely predicted that we lose all 7 games (and we could as we ony have difficult games left) and then allowed the teams around us win the games that in reality they have a chance of winning. This is what I get.

15 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 38 12 6 20 38:50 -12 42
16 Sunderland AFC Sunderland AFC 38 9 12 17 47:64 -17 39
17 Newcastle United Newcastle United 38 10 8 20 40:63 -23 38
18 Swansea City Swansea City 38 9 9 20 31:51 -20 36
19 Norwich City Norwich City 38 9 7 22 37:64 -27 34
20 Aston Villa Aston Villa 38 3 9 26 27:70 -43 18

So NO

We are not safe.

I hope we will not lose all games and I hope they don't get the points in the games they could win. Its not guaranteed.

Groo does what Groo does best

Job interview on 22:23 - Mar 20 with 1017 viewsGroo

Job interview on 22:16 - Mar 20 by morningstar

You do realise that even before we won yesterday that if the teams below us continued to pick up points at the same rate as they have all season, then yes we could lose every game and still stay up.

We're safe. Chill

Teams don't maintain an average all through the season, if they did we'd know who was going down after a handful of games.

Yes I believe we will stay up, to say we are definately safe is folly.

Job interview on 22:25 - Mar 20 with 1015 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:06 - Mar 20 by Groo

You are utterly delusional, so do you run your life on what the bookies write.

We have 7 games remaining , each and every one of them will be tough, no easy games, we could lose every single one.

That will leave us on 36 points.

A number of those teams below have winnable games.

We have a good chance of staying up, which is what the bookies are saying, the same bookies last year were odds on for Leicester to be relegated.

Run my life on what bookies write? You're as soft in the head as dgt. Leicester weren't 33/1 on to go down were they?

In theory we could lose every game, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich could win every game. It won't happen though. We will finish on more than 36 points, I'd be surprised if 36 wasn't enough anyway. We are safe.
Job interview on 22:26 - Mar 20 with 992 viewsGroo

Job interview on 22:25 - Mar 20 by jack247

Run my life on what bookies write? You're as soft in the head as dgt. Leicester weren't 33/1 on to go down were they?

In theory we could lose every game, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich could win every game. It won't happen though. We will finish on more than 36 points, I'd be surprised if 36 wasn't enough anyway. We are safe.

No they weren't 33/1 to go down you twerp, they were ODDS ON to go down AND stayed up

Job interview on 22:28 - Mar 20 with 985 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:26 - Mar 20 by Groo

No they weren't 33/1 to go down you twerp, they were ODDS ON to go down AND stayed up

You understand what 33/1 on means right?
Job interview on 22:35 - Mar 20 with 981 viewsGroo

Job interview on 22:28 - Mar 20 by jack247

You understand what 33/1 on means right?

sorry I didn't read the 'on', but they were odds on and all the bookies believed they were down

Login to get fewer ads

Job interview on 22:45 - Mar 20 with 966 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:35 - Mar 20 by Groo

sorry I didn't read the 'on', but they were odds on and all the bookies believed they were down

Right. You look a bit of a clown for calling me a twerp and using capital letters now though eh?

If you don't think we are safe, fine. I do.
Job interview on 22:48 - Mar 20 with 956 viewsAngelRangelQS

We won't lose all our games and Sunderland and Newcastle won't be getting 13 points each in their remaining 8 games
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 22:48]
Job interview on 23:03 - Mar 20 with 936 viewsWingstandwood

Theoretically the chances of SCFC being relegated are extremely minimal but IMO it should take 3 more points from a win or 3 points from three draws to take the relegation risk level from extremely minimal to absolute zero.

Argus!

Job interview on 23:04 - Mar 20 with 931 viewsWarwickHunt

Job interview on 22:48 - Mar 20 by AngelRangelQS

We won't lose all our games and Sunderland and Newcastle won't be getting 13 points each in their remaining 8 games
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 22:48]

Aye, but Groo's done a PREDICTOR.
Job interview on 23:21 - Mar 20 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

Job interview on 22:21 - Mar 20 by Groo

I just did a predictor, I purposely predicted that we lose all 7 games (and we could as we ony have difficult games left) and then allowed the teams around us win the games that in reality they have a chance of winning. This is what I get.

So NO

We are not safe.

I hope we will not lose all games and I hope they don't get the points in the games they could win. Its not guaranteed.

Although everything Is possible, it's a little unlikely that we will get zero points while teams that are even more crap than we are will suddenly pick up 13 points from 8 games while Palace who haven't won in forever will also win 3 games of the 8 they have left and also Norwich will also win another 2 (despite losing to Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace in your scenario).
Job interview on 23:35 - Mar 20 with 889 viewsGroo

Job interview on 23:21 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Although everything Is possible, it's a little unlikely that we will get zero points while teams that are even more crap than we are will suddenly pick up 13 points from 8 games while Palace who haven't won in forever will also win 3 games of the 8 they have left and also Norwich will also win another 2 (despite losing to Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace in your scenario).

The point being the OP stated now we are safe we should experiment. I'm just pointing out we are not yet safe to start potentially throwing points away

Job interview on 23:36 - Mar 20 with 885 viewsGroo

Job interview on 22:45 - Mar 20 by jack247

Right. You look a bit of a clown for calling me a twerp and using capital letters now though eh?

If you don't think we are safe, fine. I do.

No I don't look a clown I answered on what I misread, and if you can't accept an apology then F.ck you

Job interview on 23:37 - Mar 20 with 884 viewsGroo

Job interview on 23:04 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

Aye, but Groo's done a PREDICTOR.

Don't be a pr.ck it was showing that we are not yet safe and if results go against us we could still go down.

Job interview on 23:39 - Mar 20 with 874 viewslondonlisa2001

Job interview on 23:35 - Mar 20 by Groo

The point being the OP stated now we are safe we should experiment. I'm just pointing out we are not yet safe to start potentially throwing points away

The reality is that I couldn't tell you what team would be deemed experimental to be honest.

Pretty risky in my view to play the same eleven that started yesterday again this season :-)
Job interview on 23:47 - Mar 20 with 855 viewsWarwickHunt

Job interview on 23:37 - Mar 20 by Groo

Don't be a pr.ck it was showing that we are not yet safe and if results go against us we could still go down.

Duh! Really?
Job interview on 05:38 - Mar 21 with 789 viewsSwansNZ

Job interview on 23:47 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

Duh! Really?

Yes, Dav has done a chart on it.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Job interview on 05:41 - Mar 21 with 789 viewsjack247

Job interview on 23:36 - Mar 20 by Groo

No I don't look a clown I answered on what I misread, and if you can't accept an apology then F.ck you

You answered in an aggressive and condescending manner, which was pretty ironic really, when you hadn't read the sentence properly.

If you don't think you look a clown, that's your opinion too.

Apology accepted.
Job interview on 06:02 - Mar 21 with 777 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:21 - Mar 20 by Groo

So NO

We are not safe.

You have done a predictor and deliberately skewed it so we don't pick up any points and given two teams just enough points to finish above us. Exercise in futility. Nobody is saying we are mathematically safe, just that in reality we are.

You could probably do a predictor showing West Ham winning the league and us qualifying for Europe.
Job interview on 09:20 - Mar 21 with 716 viewsmonmouth

Job interview on 23:39 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

The reality is that I couldn't tell you what team would be deemed experimental to be honest.

Pretty risky in my view to play the same eleven that started yesterday again this season :-)

Too right. Saturday was the experiment from hell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Job interview on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 700 viewsjasper_T

Job done, let's have some fun with it. Finding a style before the end of the season will serve the club better than playing the percentages for a potential extra point or two maybe. We'll win at least one more game this season either way.

Just try not to lose against Newcastle, innit.
Job interview on 09:56 - Mar 21 with 690 viewsSwaneeRiver

Job interview on 09:20 - Mar 21 by monmouth

Too right. Saturday was the experiment from hell.

IMO it wasn't the team that was wrong so much (apart from not starting with a more attacking formation maybe) as the tactics.
We played like scared rabbits and allowed them to take the initiative.
I know we are nervous and want to get secure, but we have to be more adventurous than we were on Saturday
Job interview on 10:36 - Mar 21 with 666 viewsOldjack

If we have a few games to spare after being made mathematically safe ,then i'll judge Franco on those few remaining games ,after all he can then do his own thing ,fast attacking football which he's renowned for

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024