Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job interview 06:46 - Mar 20 with 7873 viewsjack247

Guidollin was brought in with one mandate and that was to keep us up. Whether you think our upturn in results is mainly down to him or Curtis, the objective has been more or less achieved.

Up until now, I have been an advocate of playing drab, insipid football and grinding out results. Staying up was more important to me than how we did. Now we can start to count our chickens, I'd like to see a bit more from him. Whether it's playing the likes of Kingsley more to give him first team experience, trying the likes of Montero and Amat to see if they are able to play their way into contention for next season or playing with a bit more verve and attacking purpose.

I honestly think that if he wants to be here next season he needs to step up the performance levels, the pressure is off now and he has bought himself a few games to show what he can do. Let's see what he has got.

This is not me having a dig at FG in any way, I think he has been smart so far in setting us up to nick points and keep us in the league. I haven't been at all bothered by the quality of football until now.
Job interview on 10:39 - Mar 21 with 567 viewsBournedore

I find it odd that people look at the points per game ratio to date and think it's an accurate predictor of what will happen to the end of the season.

Our points per game ratio over the last 4 games is way better than it was for the previous 27 games.

No reason why a couple of clubs below us couldn't do what we just did. Thank god they are playing each other quite a bit so here's hoping for some more draws.
Job interview on 10:43 - Mar 21 with 564 viewsjack247

Job interview on 10:39 - Mar 21 by Bournedore

I find it odd that people look at the points per game ratio to date and think it's an accurate predictor of what will happen to the end of the season.

Our points per game ratio over the last 4 games is way better than it was for the previous 27 games.

No reason why a couple of clubs below us couldn't do what we just did. Thank god they are playing each other quite a bit so here's hoping for some more draws.

Points per game is far from the be all and end all.

For us to go down though, we are looking at us going on a 7 game losing streak (have we ever done that?) and two teams to put together the type of run Leicester did last season, all at the same time.
Job interview on 10:58 - Mar 21 with 540 viewsBournedore

Job interview on 10:43 - Mar 21 by jack247

Points per game is far from the be all and end all.

For us to go down though, we are looking at us going on a 7 game losing streak (have we ever done that?) and two teams to put together the type of run Leicester did last season, all at the same time.

Or the run we just went on?

Agree it's unlikely jack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024