Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job interview 06:46 - Mar 20 with 7875 viewsjack247

Guidollin was brought in with one mandate and that was to keep us up. Whether you think our upturn in results is mainly down to him or Curtis, the objective has been more or less achieved.

Up until now, I have been an advocate of playing drab, insipid football and grinding out results. Staying up was more important to me than how we did. Now we can start to count our chickens, I'd like to see a bit more from him. Whether it's playing the likes of Kingsley more to give him first team experience, trying the likes of Montero and Amat to see if they are able to play their way into contention for next season or playing with a bit more verve and attacking purpose.

I honestly think that if he wants to be here next season he needs to step up the performance levels, the pressure is off now and he has bought himself a few games to show what he can do. Let's see what he has got.

This is not me having a dig at FG in any way, I think he has been smart so far in setting us up to nick points and keep us in the league. I haven't been at all bothered by the quality of football until now.
Job interview on 08:51 - Mar 20 with 1628 viewsSwaneeRiver

Job interview on 08:38 - Mar 20 by jack247

As he should. He has done absolutely the right thing by getting us to safety any way he could. Now is the time to show what he can do with a bit less pressure.

I will pin my mast to the sail and state that IMO we could go two ways over the next seven games.
Play like we have in some of our better performances and we'll cause a few shocks between now and the end of the season (e.g. Everton, Arsenal, the majority of the Spurs game, Bournemouth, but without giving the sloppy goals away).
Play like we did yesterday, and we'll not see another point this season against six teams who can do us some serious damage on their day and one (Newcastle) who may shock everyone starting today by turning their season around
I am personally still worried that we can get dragged back into it if we don't keep up our points haul post Monk
Job interview on 09:01 - Mar 20 with 1627 viewsClinton

Guidolins arrival has coincided with Siggy getting goals and assists. Before Christmas Siggy was charging around up top tackling anything that moved but not being creative.
It's the key to our turnaround and to that extent I think FGs presence is well justified.
On current form we are boring, no doubt. FG Comes across as thoughtful, let's stick with him on the basis he has as good a chance as anyone of figuring out how to get us playing next season. I don't think he will get us back to the old 'Swansea way' but,hey, things change and progress. The Swansea way might just have had its day.
Edit: as long as we stay up. Not guaranteed.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 9:02]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Job interview on 09:07 - Mar 20 with 1595 viewsSwaneeRiver

Job interview on 09:01 - Mar 20 by Clinton

Guidolins arrival has coincided with Siggy getting goals and assists. Before Christmas Siggy was charging around up top tackling anything that moved but not being creative.
It's the key to our turnaround and to that extent I think FGs presence is well justified.
On current form we are boring, no doubt. FG Comes across as thoughtful, let's stick with him on the basis he has as good a chance as anyone of figuring out how to get us playing next season. I don't think he will get us back to the old 'Swansea way' but,hey, things change and progress. The Swansea way might just have had its day.

Sorry, but he's no Ranieri.
Hell he's not even the Guidolin we were promised. I got the feeling he's his sicker, older brother
Job interview on 09:08 - Mar 20 with 1605 viewsJackanapes

Do you think Newcastle fans are looking to Benitez to play entertaining football? Or do you think they just want points? Do you think if they are 1-0 up today, and Benitez shores up the side for ten minutes, he will get called pathetic ?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Job interview on 09:09 - Mar 20 with 1586 viewsSwaneeRiver

Job interview on 09:08 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

Do you think Newcastle fans are looking to Benitez to play entertaining football? Or do you think they just want points? Do you think if they are 1-0 up today, and Benitez shores up the side for ten minutes, he will get called pathetic ?

Who's calling him pathetic ?
Job interview on 09:13 - Mar 20 with 1575 viewsjasper_T

Job interview on 08:31 - Mar 20 by blaine_scfc

I don't think it's even the case of experimenting, it's going back to what got us success in the first place, pace on the wings, Gylfi in behind the striker, Britton getting us playing in front of the back four, always giving Ash and Fede an option instead of being forced into hoofing it to nobody.

We undoubtedly need a big investment into this squad next season, but let's get our "identity" back, as Rodgers would say.

Seems strange to think that Britton only made 9 appearances in our best league finish season.
Job interview on 09:29 - Mar 20 with 1539 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 08:45 - Mar 20 by jack247

He won't be here next season if we do that.

Did Hiw Jenkins tell you that ?.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Job interview on 09:32 - Mar 20 with 1532 viewsjasper_T

Job interview on 09:01 - Mar 20 by Clinton

Gylfi's goalscoring also coincided with Jonjo leaving. Fancy that.
Login to get fewer ads

Job interview on 09:36 - Mar 20 with 1537 viewsjack247

Job interview on 09:29 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Did Hiw Jenkins tell you that ?.

No. It's common sense.
Job interview on 09:47 - Mar 20 with 1513 viewsStarsky

Job interview on 07:54 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm waiting for the first person to claim that winning at Everton was down to Curtis and not Guidolin. Can't be far away.

Against Everton we pressed high and that first half was encouraging.
Big miss at the end though

It's just the internet, init.

Job interview on 11:39 - Mar 20 with 1446 viewsClinton

Job interview on 09:32 - Mar 20 by jasper_T

Gylfi's goalscoring also coincided with Jonjo leaving. Fancy that.

Aye, fair comment.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Job interview on 11:50 - Mar 20 with 1434 viewsWarwickHunt

Job interview on 09:08 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

If we'd been offered a woeful performance that was painful to watch (and by f*ck it was) but gave us three points we'd all have taken it. His brief was to keep us up - presumably at all costs. That's virtually assured with 7 games to go.

If we persist in playing ugly, negative football then I'll be calling for his head too.

However, his reputation suggests otherwise. Let's not write the bloke off just yet...
Job interview on 11:57 - Mar 20 with 1420 viewsStarsky

Job interview on 11:50 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

If we'd been offered a woeful performance that was painful to watch (and by f*ck it was) but gave us three points we'd all have taken it. His brief was to keep us up - presumably at all costs. That's virtually assured with 7 games to go.

If we persist in playing ugly, negative football then I'll be calling for his head too.

However, his reputation suggests otherwise. Let's not write the bloke off just yet...

Reasoned reply.
I just don't have any confidence in him in charge of the purse strings whilst he does his own thing next season.
Expensive experiment that we might not recover from.
The signs so far aren't good.
Also, him getting the credit for keeping us up is clouded by Curtis's efforts whilst Guido wax hospitalised.

Job interview on 11:59 - Mar 20 with 1415 viewsJackanapes

Job interview on 11:57 - Mar 20 by Starsky

Reasoned reply.
I just don't have any confidence in him in charge of the purse strings whilst he does his own thing next season.
Also, him getting the credit for keeping us up is clouded by Curtis's efforts whilst Guido wax hospitalised.

Yes, I still havent recovered from the three ridiculous goals we conceded at Bournemouth.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Job interview on 12:07 - Mar 20 with 1399 viewsStarsky

Job interview on 11:59 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

Yes, I still havent recovered from the three ridiculous goals we conceded at Bournemouth.

At least we looked potent up front against Boyrnemouth.
The defence fecked up at set pieces last week..as they did continually yesterday against a much worse team

Job interview on 12:10 - Mar 20 with 1291 viewstomdickharry

Job interview on 08:40 - Mar 20 by dgt73

I'm saying that for this season we keep grinding out results in a unfashionable way and no experiments.

Not far wrong,Guidolin is gambling with £150M at stake if he starts to experiment before we are safe,he will not do it.
Job interview on 12:14 - Mar 20 with 1283 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Job interview on 11:59 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

That was nothing to do with the "Manager" and set up and all to do with the meltdown in "Defence" and that includes the goal keeper.
We actually scored 2 goals, how many times have we done that and not won or drawn in the Prem?
Just once, in the Sunderland Refereeing Fiasco.
Job interview on 12:23 - Mar 20 with 1252 viewsWarwickHunt

Job interview on 11:57 - Mar 20 by Starsky

Reasoned reply.

He's got a reputation for spotting and developing talent. I have no idea how true it is, but he's generally credited with turning Sanchez into a great player. Inler and Cuadrado are usually mentioned too.

Anyway, let's face it - a monkey sticking a pin into a list of players couldn't do any worse than spunking £15m on Eder, Tabanou and Naughton...
Job interview on 12:27 - Mar 20 with 1243 viewsWingstandwood

Whatever the entertainment value put on show? YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It now looks likes like SCFC is now staying up and it was done without splashing out tens of millions on transfer fees in the transfer window. And lets ALL be honest here? How many of us thought that SCFC were well and truly destined for relegation?.........Monk, that atrocious bad run and with ZERO shots on target for an entire game stuff?......Not confidence building stuff that?

Anyhow? Here comes the Summer, a time to analyse, review, recharge the batteries, strengthen and spend more time getting things right on the training pitch.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 12:30]

Argus!

Job interview on 12:28 - Mar 20 with 1234 viewsStarsky

Job interview on 12:23 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

He's got a reputation for spotting and developing talent. I have no idea how true it is, but he's generally credited with turning Sanchez into a great player. Inler and Cuadrado are usually mentioned too.

Anyway, let's face it - a monkey sticking a pin into a list of players couldn't do any worse than spunking £15m on Eder, Tabanou and Naughton...

I'm very nervous. There's nothing at all that's inspired me yet and were already into Paloschi for £8million, who he left out yesterday

Job interview on 12:29 - Mar 20 with 1230 viewsWingstandwood

Job interview on 12:23 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

"Anyway, let's face it - a monkey sticking a pin into a list of players couldn't do any worse than spunking £15m on Eder, Tabanou and Naughton..."

Too bloody true I wonder if what went wrong with SCFC transfers will come under serious review come Summer? I assume so?

Argus!

Job interview on 13:21 - Mar 20 with 1185 viewsjack247

Job interview on 11:50 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

Perfect answer. He has succeeded in his brief with 7 games to spare, now has the rest of the season to show why he should be next year. Performances like yesterday won't do it. I am sure he is well aware of that and couldn't wait to get the points on the board so he can get us playing the kind of football he is known for in Italy.
Job interview on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 1142 views1973scott

Guidolin is renowned as a studious, hyper-tactical mind who favours an attack-minded approach. He’s never been rigid to one single system and has overhauled his entire formation mid-season in the past. His stress may have been linked to this tendency to overanalyse. Additionally, he possesses the vital skill of being able to adapt the system to the players at his disposal.

The former midfielder isn't averse to using three at the back, which he went into detail on after spending four days as a guest of Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich’s training ground last year: “I was pleased to discuss [Arturo] Vidal operating behind [Mario] Götze in a 3-6-1 system [with Pep]. That formation is the direction that the great teams are favouring with three defenders and only one pure centre-back. There are then many players making the midfield dense and lacking points of reference.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/so-who-new-swansea-head-coach-francesco-guid
Job interview on 17:26 - Mar 20 with 1064 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Job interview on 12:28 - Mar 20 by Starsky

I'm very nervous. There's nothing at all that's inspired me yet and were already into Paloschi for £8million, who he left out yesterday

Good point. $8M bench warmers...Christ!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Job interview on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 1014 viewsWingstandwood

We'll one thing is for sure! It looks like Guidollin has witnessed the very objective he was specifically employed to do i.e. keeping SCFC up. And I'd guess he'll pocket a rather generous bonus from it all? So even if he is not kept on at least he'll be compensated by leaving a substantially richer man ? Oh and he'll leave with an enhanced reputation!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024