Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job interview 06:46 - Mar 20 with 7874 viewsjack247

Guidollin was brought in with one mandate and that was to keep us up. Whether you think our upturn in results is mainly down to him or Curtis, the objective has been more or less achieved.

Up until now, I have been an advocate of playing drab, insipid football and grinding out results. Staying up was more important to me than how we did. Now we can start to count our chickens, I'd like to see a bit more from him. Whether it's playing the likes of Kingsley more to give him first team experience, trying the likes of Montero and Amat to see if they are able to play their way into contention for next season or playing with a bit more verve and attacking purpose.

I honestly think that if he wants to be here next season he needs to step up the performance levels, the pressure is off now and he has bought himself a few games to show what he can do. Let's see what he has got.

This is not me having a dig at FG in any way, I think he has been smart so far in setting us up to nick points and keep us in the league. I haven't been at all bothered by the quality of football until now.
Job interview on 18:36 - Mar 20 with 1170 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 09:36 - Mar 20 by jack247

No. It's common sense.

No it's not. Do you think it's possible that FG has told Huw Jenkins that the best way to avoid relegation this season is to play in an unfashionable way ?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Job interview on 19:23 - Mar 20 with 1119 viewsjack247

Job interview on 18:36 - Mar 20 by dgt73

No it's not. Do you think it's possible that FG has told Huw Jenkins that the best way to avoid relegation this season is to play in an unfashionable way ?

Of course. That's exactly what I said in the original post that caused you to disagree with three points I hadn't made. Now he has to show what he can do for next season. I'm sure he will be relishing the opportunity.

Are you just looking for an argument?
Job interview on 19:45 - Mar 20 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Job interview on 19:23 - Mar 20 by jack247

Of course. That's exactly what I said in the original post that caused you to disagree with three points I hadn't made. Now he has to show what he can do for next season. I'm sure he will be relishing the opportunity.

Are you just looking for an argument?

Yes. It's what he does.

Poll: Tory leader

Job interview on 19:52 - Mar 20 with 1080 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 19:45 - Mar 20 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. It's what he does.

Well you shouldn't build your arguments on sand then.

Job interview on 19:58 - Mar 20 with 1067 viewsjack247

Job interview on 19:52 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Well you shouldn't build your arguments on sand then.

Nobody did. You have essentially argued with yourself.
Job interview on 19:59 - Mar 20 with 1062 viewsraynor94

Job interview on 19:58 - Mar 20 by jack247

He always does!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Job interview on 20:02 - Mar 20 with 1053 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 19:58 - Mar 20 by jack247

I'm sorry you said the pressure is now off - it's not off at all. Everyone of our remaining fixtures are going to be very hard. The pressure is not off and you want to experiment lol

Job interview on 20:03 - Mar 20 with 1051 viewsStarsky

Job interview on 18:00 - Mar 20 by Wingstandwood

We'll one thing is for sure! It looks like Guidollin has witnessed the very objective he was specifically employed to do i.e. keeping SCFC up. And I'd guess he'll pocket a rather generous bonus from it all? So even if he is not kept on at least he'll be compensated by leaving a substantially richer man ? Oh and he'll leave with an enhanced reputation!

I'd agree with that but he was ill for the majority of his tenure

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Job interview on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 1028 viewsjack247

Job interview on 20:02 - Mar 20 by dgt73

I'm sorry you said the pressure is now off - it's not off at all. Everyone of our remaining fixtures are going to be very hard. The pressure is not off and you want to experiment lol

Yes. The pressure is off because we are not going to get relegated. I didn't say they wouldn't be hard games. Can you think of a better time for Guidollin to show what he can do? That's not one of the three imaginary points you started arguing against anyway.

It's quite clear from other people's comments that this is something you tend to do. Each to their own.
Job interview on 20:21 - Mar 20 with 995 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 20:09 - Mar 20 by jack247

Yes. The pressure is off because we are not going to get relegated. I didn't say they wouldn't be hard games. Can you think of a better time for Guidollin to show what he can do? That's not one of the three imaginary points you started arguing against anyway.

It's quite clear from other people's comments that this is something you tend to do. Each to their own.

Lose a few games and Newcastle, Norwich, Sunderland win a few and were right back in it - so you are wrong to say the pressure is off, so to answer your question I'd be horrified if FG started to experiment. I hope he keeps to the same road he's taken since he came and if that means the football is shite from now to the end of the season and we stay up then so be it.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 20:23]

Job interview on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 973 viewsjack247

Job interview on 20:21 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Lose a few games and Newcastle, Norwich, Sunderland win a few and were right back in it - so you are wrong to say the pressure is off, so to answer your question I'd be horrified if FG started to experiment. I hope he keeps to the same road he's taken since he came and if that means the football is shite from now to the end of the season and we stay up then so be it.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 20:23]

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/168175/a-tough-game-tomo
Job interview on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 949 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 20:31 - Mar 20 by jack247

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/168175/a-tough-game-tomo

Which should see us over the line. Should does not equate to definitely. So once again are you saying the pressure is off ?

Job interview on 21:28 - Mar 20 with 902 viewsjack247

Job interview on 20:41 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Which should see us over the line. Should does not equate to definitely. So once again are you saying the pressure is off ?

Give it up dgt. You can see what I have said.
Job interview on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 883 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 21:28 - Mar 20 by jack247

Give it up dgt. You can see what I have said.

Yes I can see what you said and it's ridiculous

Job interview on 21:48 - Mar 20 with 877 viewsjack247

Job interview on 21:40 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Yes I can see what you said and it's ridiculous

In your opinion, which very few people seem to take seriously.

The fact that you thought a win yesterday should make us safe and now you are arguing it doesn't says it all.
Job interview on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 866 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 21:48 - Mar 20 by jack247

In your opinion, which very few people seem to take seriously.

The fact that you thought a win yesterday should make us safe and now you are arguing it doesn't says it all.

Where have I said it will make us safe ? Do you think the pressure is off ? Yes or no
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 21:53]

Job interview on 21:55 - Mar 20 with 858 viewsGroo

Job interview on 08:01 - Mar 20 by jack247

Us to play with more verve now we are more or less safe and to experiment with different players. I also said I was in favour of playing this way up until we secured safety. Easy enough to find in the original post rather than picking up on three random points that no-one made.

We're not safe

Groo does what Groo does best

Job interview on 21:59 - Mar 20 with 850 viewsjack247

Job interview on 21:52 - Mar 20 by dgt73

Where have I said it will make us safe ? Do you think the pressure is off ? Yes or no
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 21:53]

You can dance around the 'should' comment all you like. If it's not a 180 degree turn its 175. Yes I think the pressure is off. Surely that much is apparent? I dont know why you keep asking.
Job interview on 22:02 - Mar 20 with 845 viewsGroo

Any arguments put forward by the OP in this thread are way off.

He's delusional and seems to believe we can't get relegated.

Job interview on 22:02 - Mar 20 with 844 viewsmorningstar

Job interview on 07:54 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm waiting for the first person to claim that winning at Everton was down to Curtis and not Guidolin. Can't be far away.

Neither of them really was it. It was down to pure luck. They F***IN slaughtered us!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Job interview on 22:02 - Mar 20 with 844 viewsjack247

Job interview on 21:55 - Mar 20 by Groo

We're not safe

We're safe

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/english/premier-league/relegation
Job interview on 22:06 - Mar 20 with 834 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 21:59 - Mar 20 by jack247

You can dance around the 'should' comment all you like. If it's not a 180 degree turn its 175. Yes I think the pressure is off. Surely that much is apparent? I dont know why you keep asking.

I keep asking because any rational swans fan would tell you we aren't out of the woods yet. The end maybe in sight but there's a little way to go yet. We SOULD be safe does not mean we can't be caught.

Job interview on 22:06 - Mar 20 with 832 viewsGroo

Job interview on 22:02 - Mar 20 by jack247

We're safe

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/english/premier-league/relegation

You are utterly delusional, so do you run your life on what the bookies write.

We have 7 games remaining , each and every one of them will be tough, no easy games, we could lose every single one.

That will leave us on 36 points.

A number of those teams below have winnable games.

We have a good chance of staying up, which is what the bookies are saying, the same bookies last year were odds on for Leicester to be relegated.

Job interview on 22:08 - Mar 20 with 823 viewsjack247

Job interview on 22:06 - Mar 20 by dgt73

I keep asking because any rational swans fan would tell you we aren't out of the woods yet. The end maybe in sight but there's a little way to go yet. We SOULD be safe does not mean we can't be caught.

So you don't think we are safe until it's a mathematical certainty? My prediction is that Guidollin thinks as negatively as that and carries on playing the same football, we will have a new manager next season.
Job interview on 22:13 - Mar 20 with 812 viewsdgt73

Job interview on 22:08 - Mar 20 by jack247

So you don't think we are safe until it's a mathematical certainty? My prediction is that Guidollin thinks as negatively as that and carries on playing the same football, we will have a new manager next season.

who cares what happens next season- we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
This season keep things as they are and grind out another couple of results then that should be safe will turn into definitely be safe. It's not hard to understand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024