Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest at next home game 09:07 - Apr 12 with 7569 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think all supporters should make a protest at the next home game against the sell out by most of our current shareholders.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Protest at next home game on 11:41 - Apr 12 with 4049 viewsA_Fans_Dad

That sounds like a good idea, it should get some visibility on MOD as well as Sky.
Protest at next home game on 16:42 - Apr 12 with 3948 viewscl81227

I don't understand why. Given that HJ and the board have suffered all manner of dogs abuse recently, not spending enough money on players, not buying and expanding the stadium, taking too much divided. All for a good reason, by prem standards, our owners are cash strapped, and don't have the necessary funds to ensure we survive in the prem. When they came in with trust to save us from extinction, that's just what it was, extinction. They never dreamt for one minute, that it would be to keep us in the prem for 5+ seasons. To me its clear, the club needs to grow, both commercially, and with a bigger fan base, and we have to do that without Sky money. If fans would like to continue as little old Swansea, then that's great, I started in 1969, so am more than used to that, but we can't continue as we are in the prem, it nearly caught up with us this year, and it will only be a mattetvof time. But for me, given what the board have done and achieved over the past 12 years, then I have to believe, that they wouldn't hand it over just fore the money, without the believe that any new owner, would not take the club onto the next level. I'm afraid we can't have it both ways
Protest at next home game on 16:48 - Apr 12 with 3926 viewsSwaneeRiver

Protest at next home game on 16:42 - Apr 12 by cl81227

I don't understand why. Given that HJ and the board have suffered all manner of dogs abuse recently, not spending enough money on players, not buying and expanding the stadium, taking too much divided. All for a good reason, by prem standards, our owners are cash strapped, and don't have the necessary funds to ensure we survive in the prem. When they came in with trust to save us from extinction, that's just what it was, extinction. They never dreamt for one minute, that it would be to keep us in the prem for 5+ seasons. To me its clear, the club needs to grow, both commercially, and with a bigger fan base, and we have to do that without Sky money. If fans would like to continue as little old Swansea, then that's great, I started in 1969, so am more than used to that, but we can't continue as we are in the prem, it nearly caught up with us this year, and it will only be a mattetvof time. But for me, given what the board have done and achieved over the past 12 years, then I have to believe, that they wouldn't hand it over just fore the money, without the believe that any new owner, would not take the club onto the next level. I'm afraid we can't have it both ways

The slightly tongue in cheek post I put on this morning was raising the same question (for those who read between the lines).
We don't know enough about the takeover, so for why some are already saying "Let's protest" when we don't honestly know if these guys are the best thing to happen to the club since the Trust was formed and the club was saved, or they are Tony Petty with American accents.
We can't run them out of town before we see what's in their saddlebags
Protest at next home game on 16:49 - Apr 12 with 3911 viewsDarran

The Charlton protests recently have been superb.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest at next home game on 16:55 - Apr 12 with 3892 viewsDafyddHuw

We have seen what's in their saddlebags tho from the way DC United was trashed. These people are venture capitalists and asset-strippers. They would never have heard of Swansea or its football, unless there was lots of money to be made - none of which will go into the club's coffers. You don't think these people are spunking £100M on us just out of altruism, do you?
Leopard, spots.
Protest at next home game on 17:03 - Apr 12 with 3859 viewsMurph75

Big assumption that ALL supporters are unhappy?

I'd rather make my own mind up thanks.
Protest at next home game on 17:07 - Apr 12 with 3841 viewsOldjack

I don't mind them selling ,but to theses guys ? ffs find someone who's half decent mun ,looks to me as if they're selling to whoever stumps up regardless of their background ,BAD MOVE

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Protest at next home game on 17:13 - Apr 12 with 3822 viewscl81227

Does anybody
Well if we don't sell what's the alternative. The owners want out, that much is clear. The only asset that any new owner has is the prem league. Can someone who' s ant sale please tell me what the alternative is, and please don't mention the Sky money everyone has that, and it only covers our costs. If your happy for us to GI down then so be it, been a while since I've been to Brentford
Login to get fewer ads

Protest at next home game on 17:14 - Apr 12 with 3819 viewsmonmouth

Protest at next home game on 17:07 - Apr 12 by Oldjack

I don't mind them selling ,but to theses guys ? ffs find someone who's half decent mun ,looks to me as if they're selling to whoever stumps up regardless of their background ,BAD MOVE

Mate, it sounds like they don't even KNOW who they are selling to.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Protest at next home game on 17:15 - Apr 12 with 3815 viewsMurph75

Protest at next home game on 17:07 - Apr 12 by Oldjack

We didn't sell to the last lot who came knocking.
Protest at next home game on 17:15 - Apr 12 with 3815 viewscl81227

I think you'll find these been trying for 2 years, and we didn't like the last lot
Protest at next home game on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 3785 viewslondonlisa2001

Protest at next home game on 17:15 - Apr 12 by Murph75

We didn't sell to the last lot who came knocking.

Yeah because they pulled out.
Protest at next home game on 17:22 - Apr 12 with 3786 viewsMurph75

Protest at next home game on 17:21 - Apr 12 by londonlisa2001

Yeah because they pulled out.

And why is that?
Protest at next home game on 17:33 - Apr 12 with 3747 viewsOldjack

Protest at next home game on 17:14 - Apr 12 by monmouth

Mate, it sounds like they don't even KNOW who they are selling to.

if they did a little bit of homework as people have done on here they'd soon find out ,''clubs interest at heart my hairy arshole '' desperation more like

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Protest at next home game on 17:36 - Apr 12 with 3737 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 16:42 - Apr 12 by cl81227

Naivete is not pretty.

Next year, Swansea the club will get twice as much [more, actually] money in than the shareholders will get from this fake "investment."

You may believe that the shareholders "wouldn't hand it over just fore [sic] the money," but anyone with vision are watching that happen right before our eyes.

You believe the claim [from somebody with a fierce interest in making this happen] that the new owners "would take the club onto the next level." What is the next level up from mid-table Premier League? Champions League? Right!

Naivete is not pretty.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Protest at next home game on 17:41 - Apr 12 with 3718 viewsmonmouth

Protest at next home game on 17:36 - Apr 12 by Davillin

Naivete is not pretty.

Next year, Swansea the club will get twice as much [more, actually] money in than the shareholders will get from this fake "investment."

You may believe that the shareholders "wouldn't hand it over just fore [sic] the money," but anyone with vision are watching that happen right before our eyes.

You believe the claim [from somebody with a fierce interest in making this happen] that the new owners "would take the club onto the next level." What is the next level up from mid-table Premier League? Champions League? Right!

Naivete is not pretty.

It is, however, pretty widespread.

Sadly.

Protest at next home game on 17:44 - Apr 12 with 3703 viewsFlashberryjack

Protest at next home game on 17:22 - Apr 12 by Murph75

And why is that?

Because the trust did their due diligence on the potential buyers.....unlike the potential sellers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Protest at next home game on 17:45 - Apr 12 with 3695 viewsDavillin

Two interesting facts:

1. Both known prospective buyers buy and sell sports clubs [and try to buy other clubs] on a regular basis, and two years is about as long as they stay around before selling off. It's not like they love Swansea City f.c., or even British football.

2. Did you know that prospective buyer Stephen Kaplan tried to buy the San Diego Padres from previous prospective buyer John Moores? You may make of that what you will, but I find coincidence at this level and in this endeavor too hard to believe.

I'm almost suspicious that we'll see Moore's smiling face around here again.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Protest at next home game on 17:46 - Apr 12 with 3691 viewsMurph75

Protest at next home game on 17:44 - Apr 12 by Flashberryjack

Because the trust did their due diligence on the potential buyers.....unlike the potential sellers.

And yet the board didn't sell.

I'm sure it will be the case again if the potential suitors aren't the right people.

There are a lot of "assumptions" being made at the moment. None of us are in complete control of the facts.
Protest at next home game on 17:47 - Apr 12 with 3677 viewsDarran

Protest at next home game on 17:46 - Apr 12 by Murph75

And yet the board didn't sell.

I'm sure it will be the case again if the potential suitors aren't the right people.

There are a lot of "assumptions" being made at the moment. None of us are in complete control of the facts.

They couldn't fùcking sell if the buyers pulled out FFS.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 17:48]

Protest at next home game on 17:47 - Apr 12 with 3676 viewsmonmouth

Protest at next home game on 17:45 - Apr 12 by Davillin

Two interesting facts:

1. Both known prospective buyers buy and sell sports clubs [and try to buy other clubs] on a regular basis, and two years is about as long as they stay around before selling off. It's not like they love Swansea City f.c., or even British football.

2. Did you know that prospective buyer Stephen Kaplan tried to buy the San Diego Padres from previous prospective buyer John Moores? You may make of that what you will, but I find coincidence at this level and in this endeavor too hard to believe.

I'm almost suspicious that we'll see Moore's smiling face around here again.

*cough* consortium *cough*

Protest at next home game on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 3656 viewsmonmouth

Protest at next home game on 17:47 - Apr 12 by Darran

Honestly, sometimes I fear for the future of the human race.

Protest at next home game on 17:51 - Apr 12 with 3653 viewsMurph75

Protest at next home game on 17:47 - Apr 12 by Darran

Thanks for that. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Its to do with football.
Protest at next home game on 17:55 - Apr 12 with 3635 viewscl81227

No I don't believe the next level to be champions league. Our next level after 5 seasons in the prem is owning our own stadium, having a bigger fan base and attendance at home matches than when we entered 5 seasons ago. I am just stating what is reality I'm afraid, whether you, or I agree or not, the owner's want out, that is their right. What do we do if we don't sell. That's not a criticism of anyone, just a plain question
Protest at next home game on 18:06 - Apr 12 with 3581 viewsDarran

Protest at next home game on 17:51 - Apr 12 by Murph75

Thanks for that. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Its to do with football.

Well it's not really is it but you crack on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024