Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports report takeover imminent 11:50 - Jun 1 with 16165 viewsCliffTop

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301015/sky-sources-swansea-city-t

Looks like we could start to hear some more news on this - maybe lead to announcing some signings, new kit, stadium expansion - or maybe we will hear bugger all
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:04 - Jun 1 with 2482 viewsRico1983

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:52 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

It was in the 70% I believe, but TV money goes up almost 50% this season.

I'm not saying investment wouldn't be a good thing. If someone could come in and raise the funds to extend the stadium and finish the training facilities then that'd be superb. I'm far from convinced the yanks will do that ... we simply don't know.

However, this club has been self-sufficient for the last 12 years, and increased TV money makes that easier, not harder.

I'd agree. I think investment would be a boon... as long as there's clarity around the nature of the investment. There are too many unknowns right now to make an objective assessment of the situation.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:05 - Jun 1 with 2481 viewsLeonisGod

I'm not saying investment wouldn't be a good thing. If someone could come in and raise the funds to extend the stadium and finish the training facilities then that'd be superb. I'm far from convinced the yanks will do that ... we simply don't know.

However, this club has been self-sufficient for the last 12 years, and increased TV money makes that easier, not harder.

80% in the last accounts, but that doesn't change your argument. The new buyers are here to make money, they haven't bought it as a rich man's play thing, end of. We're not going to see money suddenly thrown at the club - in fact far from it; reports of their American ventures suggest very lean times ahead. I would be very surprised to see them spend more than the sorts of money already spent by the current board. And it could easily be less.

This is about the current owners wanting to move on as much as it's about investing in the club. And I'm fine with that, they can sell out whenever they want. But people need to recognise it for what it is.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 2468 viewsandypitt56

The increased TV money makes it harder, all the other teams will get the same money,
if anything it means proportionally as a % we will have a lot less than other clubs to spend on players. The other clubs are already established with regards to facilities and grounds. and we still have to invest.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:13 - Jun 1 with 2439 viewsmonmouth

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:07 - Jun 1 by andypitt56

The increased TV money makes it harder, all the other teams will get the same money,
if anything it means proportionally as a % we will have a lot less than other clubs to spend on players. The other clubs are already established with regards to facilities and grounds. and we still have to invest.

Yeah, if only were as established and set as Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and West Brom then we might be able to not finish below them.

It's this sort of splash the cash nonsensical received garbage that is exactly the attitude that we should not be accepting. As I said the club will become the usual premier league tw@tfest. In the boardroom and in the stands.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:15 - Jun 1 with 2433 viewsMillie

"We believe we have a proposal which will help Swansea City progress both on and off the field."
Huw Jenkins

Yet, when asked at the London Forum didn't have a clue who was behind the deal.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:16 - Jun 1 with 2431 views3swan

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:05 - Jun 1 by Al_Bundy

I guess this is the outcome of being a global brand unfortunately. On the other hand we can't keep funding and growing without some serious cash injection either.

Fans want a locally run and funded club - Is this even possible over the next few seasons if we stay in the prem?

Depends how we grow?

Are we trying to compete with the top 8. Very unlikely apart from the odd season (see Leicester)

When you look at the rest of the league how many have serious money? We can compete with them now

So far I've only really seen talk of share buy outs and no firm talk of investment
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:18 - Jun 1 with 2420 viewspikeypaul

I am going to swim against the tide here.
Yanks are not coming to make a loss which they will do if we get relegated.
They know player investment is going to be needed and will fund it in fear of above.
Current shareholders are not wealthy compared to other EPL owners and will not
go into personnel wealth to fund anything for us and are content to receive their dividend each year.
So the way I see it the current owners have taken us as far as they can and they know it and want to cash in,let them but then cut ties they can not have their cake and eat it,if they want out out it should be,they can hardly complain getting more than 100xs initial investment back plus last 5 years wined and dined at every EPL ground.
If the Yanks plan to take us to the next level and sell us on making a buck or 2 great for everybody.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:19 - Jun 1 with 2414 viewsWatchman

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:24 - Jun 1 by monmouth

A little bit of me will die when this goes through.

It changed the moment the board decided to award dividend!

Full stop! end of story, the Trust ( I am a member) should have voiced their disagreement over the award ( apologies if they did) At that precise moment the nature of the club changed and it became a cash cow, it matters not a jot if the milkers are local or far afield. Money was taken out of the club!

I expect pelters for this but what the heck, I will always follow my club ( went in 1974 for the first time) but I will no longer use my money to support it as it has simply lost its heart and its meaning
For some to think that other people should always be treated as heroes, I hope they are right but from where I stand the only sound that will be heard in a few years time is the sound of the penny dropping

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:21 - Jun 1 with 2399 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:18 - Jun 1 by pikeypaul

I am going to swim against the tide here.
Yanks are not coming to make a loss which they will do if we get relegated.
They know player investment is going to be needed and will fund it in fear of above.
Current shareholders are not wealthy compared to other EPL owners and will not
go into personnel wealth to fund anything for us and are content to receive their dividend each year.
So the way I see it the current owners have taken us as far as they can and they know it and want to cash in,let them but then cut ties they can not have their cake and eat it,if they want out out it should be,they can hardly complain getting more than 100xs initial investment back plus last 5 years wined and dined at every EPL ground.
If the Yanks plan to take us to the next level and sell us on making a buck or 2 great for everybody.

Fair points but Yanks won't touch us without HJ
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:22 - Jun 1 with 2383 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:19 - Jun 1 by Watchman

Full stop! end of story, the Trust ( I am a member) should have voiced their disagreement over the award ( apologies if they did) At that precise moment the nature of the club changed and it became a cash cow, it matters not a jot if the milkers are local or far afield. Money was taken out of the club!

I expect pelters for this but what the heck, I will always follow my club ( went in 1974 for the first time) but I will no longer use my money to support it as it has simply lost its heart and its meaning
For some to think that other people should always be treated as heroes, I hope they are right but from where I stand the only sound that will be heard in a few years time is the sound of the penny dropping

Think you'll find it was when the fourth goal went in against Reading
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:24 - Jun 1 with 2369 viewsandypitt56

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:13 - Jun 1 by monmouth

Yeah, if only were as established and set as Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and West Brom then we might be able to not finish below them.

It's this sort of splash the cash nonsensical received garbage that is exactly the attitude that we should not be accepting. As I said the club will become the usual premier league tw@tfest. In the boardroom and in the stands.

i'm merely saying it makes things tougher for us to compete. The transfer market will probably get even more ridiculous .
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 2357 viewspikeypaul

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:15 - Jun 1 by Millie

"We believe we have a proposal which will help Swansea City progress both on and off the field."
Huw Jenkins

Yet, when asked at the London Forum didn't have a clue who was behind the deal.

Translated to "we the shareholders are being offered huge money,I hope Swansea FC do well but
I will be alright Jack regardless.ps can I keep my job despite taking the pot of gold?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:26 - Jun 1 with 2349 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:07 - Jun 1 by andypitt56

We may have less to spend than some, we may not, but increased TV money gives much more power to our elbow especially when trying to outbid clubs outside these islands. It certainly doesn't make things harder for us.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:28 - Jun 1 with 2332 viewspikeypaul

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:21 - Jun 1 by Millie

Fair points but Yanks won't touch us without HJ

Says who?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 2328 views3swan

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:26 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

We may have less to spend than some, we may not, but increased TV money gives much more power to our elbow especially when trying to outbid clubs outside these islands. It certainly doesn't make things harder for us.

I was just typing much the same.

The extra money will go to all Prem clubs but there are only so many players to go around.
It does make our position stronger apart from a few clubs
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 2256 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:26 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

Going back to basics will help, looking at the young hungry player who may move on but us getting the best two or three years is where its at, Holland, Spain and maybe Italy
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:31 - Jun 1 with 2245 viewsMillie

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:28 - Jun 1 by pikeypaul

Says who?

I suppose me
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:32 - Jun 1 with 2234 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:29 - Jun 1 by Millie

Going back to basics will help, looking at the young hungry player who may move on but us getting the best two or three years is where its at, Holland, Spain and maybe Italy

Aye. Hopefully the lessons of recent recruitment issues will be learnt on that score. Buy low, sell high.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:37 - Jun 1 with 2211 viewspikeypaul

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:31 - Jun 1 by Millie

I suppose me

Fair comment then,and I'll respect your opinion.

I thought you had inside information.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 16:06 - Jun 1 with 2079 viewsmax936

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 15:19 - Jun 1 by Watchman

This x100

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 16:16 - Jun 1 with 2039 viewsmax936

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:32 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

I'm not going to defend anyone here, frankly the way some people have acted is beyond disgraceful, but it makes sense that given the completely disparate nature of the shareholders, arranging a deal is a complete nightmare. Different sellers, different lawyers, each wanting different things, no doubt some people wanting to try and get their cake, eat it, and continue to eat it for no other reason than their personal benefit.

it's what happens after that that interests me. What are their plans for the club? Will they truly work with the Trust, or with the fans, to progress our club? What are their goals? Lots of unanswered questions.

"Some People" Ux?

I can guess at some, but I can appreciated that you aren't gonna mention names, its sad that its come to this, but personal greed defies logic sometimes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:11 - Jun 1 with 1881 viewslondonlisa2001

Only four possibilities exist:
(1) Sky Sports has made this up (seems unlikely to me - yes on transfers, can't see why they would for this with such certainty)

(2) Sky Sports have been fed the story by either current owners or new owners either one of which are lying about how far the deal is progressed.

(3) Sky sports have been fed the story by either current owners or new owners who are telling the truth in which case:
(a) the Trust is lying about how much it knows at this point or
(b) the Trust is completely in the dark in which case it hasn't for whatever reason asserted any of its rights under either the Shareholders agreement or company law.

I very much hope it's not either of the options in (3) otherwise we really are buggered. Not because the deal is necessarily bad, but because the Trust is finished if that is the case as anything other than a supporters' interest group.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:16 - Jun 1 with 1865 viewsjackforever

Ive no idea why fans dont name names anymore. If a director has done x or y name him. What has happened to us as a fan base. From being prepared to physically assault petty we now wont name names on the Internet.
Whether thats about tale over or the petty deal or the version given in jtak.
Anyway back to the main issue the board lost my faith not when they gave themselves a pay day from dividends but the way they did it. Remember the David Conn article and everyone shouting him down on twitter when he was right all along. This is exactly the same they have treated the fans with contempt imo and have clearly put their own pockets in front of the club.
And as for this crap that we need foreign investment. Look at the figures and compare our imcome to clubs axross Europe. What we need is to get the scouting system back to where it was insted of signing lazy sihnings like eder, shelvey and Naughton. Lets get back to the likes of Ash, rangel, michu, miced in with the bigger price players.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:29 - Jun 1 with 1805 viewsDafyddHuw

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:05 - Jun 1 by Al_Bundy

I guess this is the outcome of being a global brand unfortunately. On the other hand we can't keep funding and growing without some serious cash injection either.

Fans want a locally run and funded club - Is this even possible over the next few seasons if we stay in the prem?

Ah, at last, somebody who's ITK.

So how much is this "serious cvash injection" then?
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:34 - Jun 1 with 1788 viewsLoyal

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 17:29 - Jun 1 by DafyddHuw

Ah, at last, somebody who's ITK.

So how much is this "serious cvash injection" then?

I like you, your a punchy fcka 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024