Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports report takeover imminent 11:50 - Jun 1 with 15975 viewsCliffTop

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301015/sky-sources-swansea-city-t

Looks like we could start to hear some more news on this - maybe lead to announcing some signings, new kit, stadium expansion - or maybe we will hear bugger all
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 11:52 - Jun 1 with 6043 viewsHighjack

I fully expect the latter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 6028 viewsLeonisGod

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 11:52 - Jun 1 by Highjack

I fully expect the latter.

"Swansea City takeover could be agreed on Wednesday - Sky sources"

Maybe they mean on a Wednesday, rather than specifically today.

There is a 1 in 7 chance that Swansea City's drawn out takeover could be agreed on a Wednesday, Sky sources understand.....
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:13 - Jun 1 with 5949 viewsDewi1jack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 11:56 - Jun 1 by LeonisGod

"Swansea City takeover could be agreed on Wednesday - Sky sources"

Maybe they mean on a Wednesday, rather than specifically today.

There is a 1 in 7 chance that Swansea City's drawn out takeover could be agreed on a Wednesday, Sky sources understand.....

Or 1 in 52 chance if you prefer shorter odds.

With the trust being informed approx 2 months after

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:23 - Jun 1 with 5893 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Weren't the Trust due to see details of the deal at some point before it could be concluded?

We haven't had a Trust statement for a while on the takeover. I wonder if there is anything more that they are able to report at this stage?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:24 - Jun 1 with 5887 viewsmonmouth

A little bit of me will die when this goes through.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:29 - Jun 1 with 5852 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:23 - Jun 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Weren't the Trust due to see details of the deal at some point before it could be concluded?

We haven't had a Trust statement for a while on the takeover. I wonder if there is anything more that they are able to report at this stage?

Nothing to report. No details have been provided.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:43 - Jun 1 with 5771 viewsLandore_Jack

Gutted tbh. I expect the relationship with the fans to fade. The club will never be the same again.

Fans from DC United have expressed similar concerns since their takeover.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 12:45]

#backtojack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:45 - Jun 1 with 5747 viewsraynor94

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:43 - Jun 1 by Landore_Jack

Gutted tbh. I expect the relationship with the fans to fade. The club will never be the same again.

Fans from DC United have expressed similar concerns since their takeover.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 12:45]

What if they improve us on and off the field?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:53 - Jun 1 with 5701 viewsLandore_Jack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:45 - Jun 1 by raynor94

No assurance has been given by Steve Kaplan & co.

People keep saying that x amount will be spent on players etc. Yet, those figures are projected by the media.

The trust asked for reassurance during a meeting but no figures were provided.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 12:57]

#backtojack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:14 - Jun 1 with 5589 viewsmonmouth

Great, but the bit will still have died. It was always about a locally driven adventure for me, sharing in the astonishing delight of success and pride genuinely and collectively.

Even though it has been increasingly less so for many years as to no longer be the case anyway, this will finally drive the stake through the heart of any chance of 'a different way'. I'd say it is pretty certain that the trust and the supporters' voice will be totally hobbled after this, whatever the fine rhetoric from the salesmen, and whatever initial bones are thrown to make it seem more palatable.

We are going to be just another money making run of the mill rapacious heap of shit premier league 'investment' vehicle. I'd much prefer trailblazing an alternative model, even if it were less successful.

And yes, I intend to be unremittingly negative and pessimistic until proven otherwise - which it won't be.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:18 - Jun 1 with 5559 viewsIAN05

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 12:29 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

Nothing to report. No details have been provided.

Has the Trust been able to meet with them since the Trust meeting at liberty ?

What is their (Americans) reasoning for not being willing to give any info ?
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:23 - Jun 1 with 5519 viewsFlashberryjack

The Yanks are here for one thing, and one thing only......the only thing they're hoping to improve is their bank balance.
It might take 1 year or it may take more, but we are heading back to whence we came, which is lower league oblivion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:26 - Jun 1 with 5506 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:18 - Jun 1 by IAN05

Has the Trust been able to meet with them since the Trust meeting at liberty ?

What is their (Americans) reasoning for not being willing to give any info ?

There have been a couple of meetings. High level details, nothing substantive IMO.

Their rationale seems to be that they're focusing on the sale details first.

To be blunt, it's not exactly a promising start.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:28 - Jun 1 with 5480 viewsHighjack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:26 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

There have been a couple of meetings. High level details, nothing substantive IMO.

Their rationale seems to be that they're focusing on the sale details first.

To be blunt, it's not exactly a promising start.

f ucking great.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:32 - Jun 1 with 5451 viewsLoyal

These things are always announced in January, everyone knows that.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:32 - Jun 1 with 5451 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:28 - Jun 1 by Highjack

f ucking great.

I'm not going to defend anyone here, frankly the way some people have acted is beyond disgraceful, but it makes sense that given the completely disparate nature of the shareholders, arranging a deal is a complete nightmare. Different sellers, different lawyers, each wanting different things, no doubt some people wanting to try and get their cake, eat it, and continue to eat it for no other reason than their personal benefit.

it's what happens after that that interests me. What are their plans for the club? Will they truly work with the Trust, or with the fans, to progress our club? What are their goals? Lots of unanswered questions.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:32 - Jun 1 with 5450 viewsmagicdaps10

I was and am skeptical on this take over, lets get that straight first.

The crux of the matter is that no details have been forthcoming on what too expect when/if they take over, as some are mentioning.............so why are the people who mention this stating what is going to happen to the club when/if they take over!?!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:35 - Jun 1 with 5428 viewsLeonisGod

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:14 - Jun 1 by monmouth

Great, but the bit will still have died. It was always about a locally driven adventure for me, sharing in the astonishing delight of success and pride genuinely and collectively.

Even though it has been increasingly less so for many years as to no longer be the case anyway, this will finally drive the stake through the heart of any chance of 'a different way'. I'd say it is pretty certain that the trust and the supporters' voice will be totally hobbled after this, whatever the fine rhetoric from the salesmen, and whatever initial bones are thrown to make it seem more palatable.

We are going to be just another money making run of the mill rapacious heap of shit premier league 'investment' vehicle. I'd much prefer trailblazing an alternative model, even if it were less successful.

And yes, I intend to be unremittingly negative and pessimistic until proven otherwise - which it won't be.

^^^ this. We may well continue to be successful and I hope we do, obviously. But we'll have lost that local focus that I was quite proud of. It was never going to last forever and what happens on the pitch is obviously the most important thing though.

Interesting times ahead.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:42 - Jun 1 with 5376 viewsPegojack

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 13:14 - Jun 1 by monmouth

Me too.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:05 - Jun 1 with 5273 viewsAl_Bundy

I guess this is the outcome of being a global brand unfortunately. On the other hand we can't keep funding and growing without some serious cash injection either.

Fans want a locally run and funded club - Is this even possible over the next few seasons if we stay in the prem?
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:11 - Jun 1 with 5248 viewsLeonisGod

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:05 - Jun 1 by Al_Bundy

I guess this is the outcome of being a global brand unfortunately. On the other hand we can't keep funding and growing without some serious cash injection either.

Fans want a locally run and funded club - Is this even possible over the next few seasons if we stay in the prem?

Good question. You'd like to think it would be, but it appears there's a belief that it's impossible.

I'm yet to be convinced there will be any investment in the club over the levels sustainable through our turnover. Most of the American 'investment' is going into buying out the shareholders. The amounts talked about going into the club are relatively small. £30m was mentioned for facilities including expansion and players. We must have spent that in each of the last 2-3 seasons with the training ground improvements and signs.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:23 - Jun 1 with 5200 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:05 - Jun 1 by Al_Bundy

Course it's possible. It's more possible now than it's ever been. The TV money makes the need for any outside funding much less than it ever has in the past.

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:48 - Jun 1 with 5072 viewsMillie

It still surprises me that going into our 6th season in the Premier League some would still like to see a rich owner come in but for what? It could see us end up being a mini-version of Chelsea or Man City, with one guy calling all the shots or the horror story that is the Villa.

We are one of the flag bearers for achieving success in football without selling our club (or soul) to the highest bidder in order to achieve it.

Swansea may have been different and done things its own way which to be honest, was more noble and far more satisfying.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:48 - Jun 1 with 5069 viewsRico1983

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:23 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

Course it's possible. It's more possible now than it's ever been. The TV money makes the need for any outside funding much less than it ever has in the past.

It certainly helps. But aren't we spending something like 80% of all our income on wages? If that is correct then it leaves a (relatively) small amount of money to develop on and off the field.
Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:52 - Jun 1 with 5053 viewsUxbridge

Sky Sports report takeover imminent on 14:48 - Jun 1 by Rico1983

It certainly helps. But aren't we spending something like 80% of all our income on wages? If that is correct then it leaves a (relatively) small amount of money to develop on and off the field.

It was in the 70% I believe, but TV money goes up almost 50% this season.

I'm not saying investment wouldn't be a good thing. If someone could come in and raise the funds to extend the stadium and finish the training facilities then that'd be superb. I'm far from convinced the yanks will do that ... we simply don't know.

However, this club has been self-sufficient for the last 12 years, and increased TV money makes that easier, not harder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024