Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142953 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 20:44 - Jul 16 with 2907 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:45 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

Could have signed him for around 3-5M last year................this year he will be closer to 10-12M.

Mind you, if Batashuayi was up for it then we would have got him for 5M a couple of seasons back AND not forget Payet turned us down after a fee of around 5-7M was agreed.

Funny how close we have come to getting a diamond in, far before the other clubs were pushing for them.

Borja
Michy Batshuayi
Demba Ba
Jamie Vardy
Borja
Payet

I have said this before.. I stated..

Griezmann whilst with Sociedad
Griffiths while with Livingston
Borja while he was at Deportivo
El-Arabi who banged in 16 goals last season
Ben Yedder who banged in 17 goals
Jonathan Viera who scored 10 from midfield last season

I have stated so many players who will progress and score goals.. I have forgotten most of them until I see them in the top 10 scoring charts.. when I have named a player.. it's usually when they're not scoring and worth peanuts an all.

yet.. We have wasted millions on..

Schecter
Lamah
Vazquez
Emnes
Ngog
Gomis
Eder

with a combined 177 appearances and 24 goals..

150 PL appearances and 17 PL goals between them.

How the scouting department are still in a job I don't know

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 07:50 - Jul 17 with 2627 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The Daily Mail reporting that HRK is going to Hull as they were offering a 4 year deal. Happy that we're not offering that, as said many times in this thread he'd be a useful says player but not for 4 years
Transfer Thread on 09:08 - Jul 17 with 2529 viewsmagicdaps10

Report that Chelsea are going to offer 12M for Ayew, dont know how much truth in that one.

Give us 12M and Loic Remy on loan for the season!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 09:14 - Jul 17 with 2505 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 09:08 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Report that Chelsea are going to offer 12M for Ayew, dont know how much truth in that one.

Same article links us with Borja Baston.

As for remy - he is injury prone can we afford a sick note at centre forward?
Transfer Thread on 09:16 - Jul 17 with 2499 viewsGriffting

With what Ayew is worth to the club right now, I'd say more 12 mill plus loic remy on a permanent and Bertrand traore on loan!
Transfer Thread on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 2467 viewshobo

We might as well give him away if we'll be accepting that measly offer.. Start the bidding at 24m
Transfer Thread on 09:32 - Jul 17 with 2464 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Transfer Thread on 09:14 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

Baston broke his arm 2 days ago, required surgery. That might affect our pursuit, also marca were claiming that athletico were looking for €15m for him. Interesting as the sun had us offering just £4.5m
Transfer Thread on 09:37 - Jul 17 with 2447 viewsmagicdaps10

We put a bid in for Baston in June-FACT!

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 09:40 - Jul 17 with 2431 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 09:32 - Jul 17 by exiledinenglandjack

Baston broke his arm 2 days ago, required surgery. That might affect our pursuit, also marca were claiming that athletico were looking for €15m for him. Interesting as the sun had us offering just £4.5m

Just about to post that.

Agree the price in the sun looked low which made me wonder whether it was genuine or if genuine whether we are just putting in bids to see if there is an interest in selling.
Transfer Thread on 09:41 - Jul 17 with 2425 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 09:31 - Jul 17 by hobo

We might as well give him away if we'll be accepting that measly offer.. Start the bidding at 24m

Based on one performance in the last 3 years, Newcastle are asking 35m for Sissoko and also 20m+ for Mr invisible for 30 games a season Wijnaldum.

If we start giving any decent players away for under 20 million we need a new board. For Ayew (or Gylfi if it comes to that), because of his PR profile as our 'star', we should ask £30m.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 2420 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 09:41 - Jul 17 by monmouth

Based on one performance in the last 3 years, Newcastle are asking 35m for Sissoko and also 20m+ for Mr invisible for 30 games a season Wijnaldum.

If we start giving any decent players away for under 20 million we need a new board. For Ayew (or Gylfi if it comes to that), because of his PR profile as our 'star', we should ask £30m.

You know we'll fold at the first halfway decent offer that crosses our path. It's what we do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 09:48 - Jul 17 with 2404 viewsmagicdaps10

This one is for Skippy, with the list he done yesterday.

There was a striker who they are raving about in Colombia and just missed out on their copa america squad and the name just came to me

Harold Preciado.

The issue like we had with Rafael Borre last year is work permit.

Transfer Thread on 09:57 - Jul 17 with 2383 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 09:43 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

You know we'll fold at the first halfway decent offer that crosses our path. It's what we do.

Also his agent has been looking for a move so how can we deny him the opportunity to go to Chelsea by asking for a huge fee.

I am convinced that reported interest from Another club and their manager was/is set up to open up a bidding war but I am extremely cynical and suspect that this goes on all of the time.
Transfer Thread on 10:02 - Jul 17 with 2368 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 09:57 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

Also his agent has been looking for a move so how can we deny him the opportunity to go to Chelsea by asking for a huge fee.

I am convinced that reported interest from Another club and their manager was/is set up to open up a bidding war but I am extremely cynical and suspect that this goes on all of the time.

Berahino's been gagging to get out of WBA for a good eighteen months yet he's still there.

Players can agitate as much as they want. All you need is a club hierarchy with the stones to hold them to their contract until a worthwhile offer in the current market comes in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 10:07 - Jul 17 with 2348 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Thread on 10:02 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

Berahino's been gagging to get out of WBA for a good eighteen months yet he's still there.

Players can agitate as much as they want. All you need is a club hierarchy with the stones to hold them to their contract until a worthwhile offer in the current market comes in.

Benteke's being held until someone meets the asking price too. The more clubs that do this the better. Did someone ask 'how can we deny Ayew a move to Chelsea'? We're not. They are. Pay our price or f**k off.

I'm with Winnie though, I think we'll fold if it gets near £15m, or probably even at £12m. We need to take a training course down in Southampton.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Thread on 10:26 - Jul 17 with 2306 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 10:02 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

Sorry was being sarcastic with the first part of my post - meant to be the agents argument- but it doesn't come across as I meant.

I agree with you to an extent. Berahino's agent was looking to make a name for himself for forcing through the raheem Stirling transfer and looking to force one for berahino. west brom stood firm As they could afford to hold their ground against a wannabe agent who berahino has since changed.

Ayews agent is a different animal, he is very established with a number of clients, Especially overseas, and is well connected.

I'm sure I read an article that when BFS was at West Ham he was the agent that they paid most fees to.

We are dealing with sharks these days and have been bitten. Neither gomis nor ayew was a real free transfer I think that we were so busy congratulating ourselves in getting these players that we didn't really think about what may come next. Their agent will always be looking for bigger and better deals for them and of course himself. The problem is that better players attract the bigger Sharks. It may be that the club would want rid of the agent, has that happened before?

There is a point where the club will do business but I agree that it should be considerably more than £12 million.
Transfer Thread on 11:22 - Jul 17 with 2213 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer Thread on 09:43 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

Yeah we used to. We've allegedly got hard headed businessmen in charge now. Let's hope they wring out 25 million plus from Chelsea

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer Thread on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 2069 viewsgiantstoneater

Transfer Thread on 09:14 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

We`ve already got one of those Gomis suffers from a bad case of Offsideitus hope its not catching!!
Transfer Thread on 18:15 - Jul 17 with 1931 viewsSwansea93

Joey been linked to United

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Transfer Thread on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 1928 viewsairedale

Transfer Thread on 18:15 - Jul 17 by Swansea93

Joey been linked to United

To replace the ageing bloke, Carrick, I wonder?
Transfer Thread on 22:12 - Jul 17 with 1747 viewsmagicdaps10

Not sure if it is true or just rumors but will put it out there, FC Utrecht fans seem to think that Sebastien Haller will be signing for us this week.

Transfer Thread on 22:13 - Jul 17 with 1743 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 22:12 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Not sure if it is true or just rumors but will put it out there, FC Utrecht fans seem to think that Sebastien Haller will be signing for us this week.

No way they deal with us again after the Vorm thing.
Transfer Thread on 22:15 - Jul 17 with 1732 viewsdobjack2

Transfer Thread on 22:12 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Thought Everton were in for him
Transfer Thread on 22:19 - Jul 17 with 1717 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 22:13 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

No way they deal with us again after the Vorm thing.

Football is a business!! If the Swans offer them the best financial package then they will deal with them regardless of what has happened in the past.

This is not like swapping pannini stickers in the school yard for gods sake!

There again, it could all be BS!

Transfer Thread on 22:35 - Jul 17 with 1684 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 22:19 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Football is a business!! If the Swans offer them the best financial package then they will deal with them regardless of what has happened in the past.

This is not like swapping pannini stickers in the school yard for gods sake!

There again, it could all be BS!

The last time we offered them "the best financial package" we used shady practices to avoid it. I wouldn't trust us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024