Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142717 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 22:58 - Jul 17 with 2806 viewsGriffting

They will negotiate with us again because money is money, but it will likely be an outright price up front, and no sell on percentages or anything of the sort again. Which, will make things much harder for us.
Transfer Thread on 07:41 - Jul 18 with 2556 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 22:35 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

The last time we offered them "the best financial package" we used shady practices to avoid it. I wouldn't trust us.

But that deal was not directly involving them was it.

There was a sell on fee included in the original deal but they were still happy to take the initial fee for what was offered from Vorm..............a sell on is never guaranteed with the chance of the player moving on under the Bosman ruling, soo in sense the financial package that they have argued over was never 100% a guarantee.

What the two clubs discuss directly is a different matter.

9M Euro is the said price.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 07:42 - Jul 18 with 2554 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer Thread on 22:58 - Jul 17 by Griffting

They will negotiate with us again because money is money, but it will likely be an outright price up front, and no sell on percentages or anything of the sort again. Which, will make things much harder for us.

Emnes might e used as part of the deal!?!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Thread on 08:34 - Jul 18 with 2487 viewsThornburyswan

Transfer Thread on 22:15 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

Thought Everton were in for him

The U.K. Press certainly seem to think he's off to the toffees, that said decent goal scoring record both for club & the French U21s so I'd be up for it!
Transfer Thread on 09:59 - Jul 18 with 2337 viewsTummer_from_Texas

WHU allegedly want to hold out for 15 million for Valencia. If so, that ain't happening, thankfully.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-swansea-c

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfer Thread on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 2290 viewsswanjackal

Transfer Thread on 07:42 - Jul 18 by magicdaps10

Emnes might e used as part of the deal!?!

I heard that too, now it's not £9 million we have to pay....it's £11 million plus Emnes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Transfer Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 with 2046 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 22:35 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

The last time we offered them "the best financial package" we used shady practices to avoid it. I wouldn't trust us.

No we didn't.

We signed Fabianski and wanted Vorm off the books so let him go to Spurs for free.

No money was involved so they don't get a sell on fee.
Transfer Thread on 14:12 - Jul 18 with 1904 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

No we didn't.

We signed Fabianski and wanted Vorm off the books so let him go to Spurs for free.

We did nothing illegal as the courts have proved, but Vorm went as part of the Gylfi/Davies/cash trade and it was deliberately structured so that we wouldn't have to pay Utrecht anything.

They were so annoyed about it they made a fuss in multiple courts, so if they even consider dealing with us again we won't be getting a good deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 14:21 - Jul 18 with 1868 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Get them down the Mumbles tomorrow when the tides in

Sign on Wednesday

Simples

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 18 with 1858 viewsWarwickHunt

Transfer Thread on 13:03 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

No we didn't.

We stitched them up.

For a club with our history it stank.
Transfer Thread on 14:37 - Jul 18 with 1816 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 14:12 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

We did nothing illegal as the courts have proved, but Vorm went as part of the Gylfi/Davies/cash trade and it was deliberately structured so that we wouldn't have to pay Utrecht anything.

They were so annoyed about it they made a fuss in multiple courts, so if they even consider dealing with us again we won't be getting a good deal.

There was no cash trade.

Davies went for Gylfi.

Vorm went for free.

Those are the facts. They were annoyed because they expected to get something when he went and didn't think we'd let him go for free. But we didn't stitch them up.
Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 1762 viewsWarwickHunt

Transfer Thread on 14:37 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

There was no cash trade.

Davies went for Gylfi.

Vorm went for free.

Those are the facts. They were annoyed because they expected to get something when he went and didn't think we'd let him go for free. But we didn't stitch them up.

Of course we let a keeper worth a few million go on a free... did I miss the meeting where we became a registered charity?
Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 18 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 18 by WarwickHunt

Of course we let a keeper worth a few million go on a free... did I miss the meeting where we became a registered charity?

We swapped one of the best young left backs in the country and a keeper worth a couple of million at least for a player Spurs didn't want anymore, albeit a good one.

We tucked ourselves up just as much as we did Utrecht.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer Thread on 15:15 - Jul 18 with 1706 viewsblaine_scfc

Some people are very naive if they couldn't see we had stitched them up. There is no way in a million years we let Vorm go for free.

I would be very surprised if Utrecht do business with us again, unless they have the cash up front for the value they feel fit, with a few extra mill on top which would replace the sell on percentage they would otherwise have written into the deal.
Transfer Thread on 15:16 - Jul 18 with 1694 viewsTom1912

I'm not saying it was a good deal but we touted him around and couldn't find anyone who wanted to spend money on him. We wanted his wages off the books as we had Fabianski coming in and Spurs agreed to take him.

We've not exactly got a great track record at getting the most value possible from our players when we sell them on.
Transfer Thread on 15:18 - Jul 18 with 1683 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

We swapped one of the best young left backs in the country and a keeper worth a couple of million at least for a player Spurs didn't want anymore, albeit a good one.

We were desperate to get Gylfi in (something which has since been justified to be fair) and Levy knew that and squeezed us.
Transfer Thread on 15:22 - Jul 18 with 1665 viewsWarwickHunt

Transfer Thread on 15:18 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

We were desperate to get Gylfi in (something which has since been justified to be fair) and Levy knew that and squeezed us.

We blinked.
Transfer Thread on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 1659 viewsTom1912

I wouldn't ever back Huw to come out infront in negotiations with Levy to be fair...
Transfer Thread on 16:15 - Jul 18 with 1542 viewsjackjackjackjack

With regards to Bony, Galatasaray's president has been arrested in the Turkey coup crackdown. But reports in Turkey say Stoke are interested in signing him.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Transfer Thread on 16:18 - Jul 18 with 1532 viewsjackjackjackjack

Transfer Thread on 15:23 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

I wouldn't ever back Huw to come out infront in negotiations with Levy to be fair...

The deal was Gylfi + £5m for Ben Davies and Vorm.

How much would Gylfi, Davies and Vorm go for now? I'd argue we got the best of that transfer.

Transfer Thread on 16:21 - Jul 18 with 1522 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 16:18 - Jul 18 by jackjackjackjack

The deal was Gylfi + £5m for Ben Davies and Vorm.

How much would Gylfi, Davies and Vorm go for now? I'd argue we got the best of that transfer.

100% wrong. There was no £5m.
Transfer Thread on 16:24 - Jul 18 with 1502 viewsjackjackjackjack

Transfer Thread on 16:21 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

100% wrong. There was no £5m.

Ok, if there wasn't, you'd be happy for us to swap Gylfi for Davies and Vorm?

Transfer Thread on 16:42 - Jul 18 with 1439 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 16:24 - Jul 18 by jackjackjackjack

Ok, if there wasn't, you'd be happy for us to swap Gylfi for Davies and Vorm?

No, I don't think it was a good deal at the time-we should have got cash for Vorm and given Spurs didn't want Gylfi, we should have had cash as well as him for Davies.

However, Gylfi has been a massively important player for us the last two seasons and I don't think we've missed Davies (and certainly not Vorm) so it's not the worst deal we've ever done.
Transfer Thread on 17:05 - Jul 18 with 1356 viewsDrizzy

Transfer Thread on 15:11 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

Your spin won't work on this one. Davies can't usurp Danny Rose to start for Spurs and Vorm has played a handful of meaningful games in two years. Meanwhile Gylfi has been our most important player and, at times single-handedly, kept us up in that same period of time.

Keep peddling your agenda though, Jobs.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Transfer Thread on 17:08 - Jul 18 with 1350 viewsTom1912

Transfer Thread on 17:05 - Jul 18 by Drizzy

Your spin won't work on this one. Davies can't usurp Danny Rose to start for Spurs and Vorm has played a handful of meaningful games in two years. Meanwhile Gylfi has been our most important player and, at times single-handedly, kept us up in that same period of time.

Keep peddling your agenda though, Jobs.

Obviously looking back, signing Gylfi was an absolutely vital signing for us over our next few seasons. What has happened since doesn't reflect their value at the time though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024