Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What part of the UK would you move to? 13:48 - Jul 24 with 4332 viewsdickythorpe

All hypothetical here as we all would answer Swansea of course!

Over the years I've toyed with Gower, North Wales, Dublin and Cornwall. But for some reason I fancy the Newark area in Notts. I really like the small villages like Farndon, Canton and North Muskham plus Nottingham, Lincoln and Southwell are nearby.
I have spent a lot of time up there and am seriously contemplating a move with my partner in next few years.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:09 - Jul 25 with 704 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Stoke.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:29 - Jul 25 with 665 viewsPhaedrus

I lived/worked in Stoke for a year. The first night we set up the worksite they(the "locals") torched a JCB. David Attenbourough should do a series about the place.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 21:31]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:40 - Jul 25 with 635 viewslifelong

What part of the UK would you move to? on 21:09 - Jul 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Stoke.

I went to Stoke in 1964 when we played them in the cup....... Bleak.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 23:32 - Jul 25 with 569 viewssquarebear

I lived in Stoke in the eighties. It was grim but somehow I liked it. Very friendly people, and 20 minutes' drive in any direction and you were in beautiful countryside.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 23:32 - Jul 25 with 567 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 11:50 - Jul 25 by builthjack

A tiny chapel, a monetary, ruins, waterfall, views to die for. It's not bad there.

He's a chapel boy. They don't do Monasteries !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 492 viewsdailew

Had a long weekend in Ayr once and really took to the place.

On a beautiful coast, local international airport, last train back from Glasgow at midnight so you can have a night out there.

Not bad at all.

Always enjoy trips to Newcastle as well.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:37 - Jul 26 with 472 viewssquarebear

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:04 - Jul 26 by dailew

Had a long weekend in Ayr once and really took to the place.

On a beautiful coast, local international airport, last train back from Glasgow at midnight so you can have a night out there.

Not bad at all.

Always enjoy trips to Newcastle as well.

Yep. Spent a few months in Ayr and it was surprisingly pleasant. Cracking coastline

It was Summer when I was there, mind.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 16:39 - Jul 26 with 447 viewsdailew

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:37 - Jul 26 by squarebear

Yep. Spent a few months in Ayr and it was surprisingly pleasant. Cracking coastline

It was Summer when I was there, mind.

Most places in the Uk are miserable in winter.

Ayr has a lot of sunshine. Prestwick was built there because of the lack of fog and claims to be the only fog-free airport in the UK.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024