Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What part of the UK would you move to? 13:48 - Jul 24 with 4421 viewsdickythorpe

All hypothetical here as we all would answer Swansea of course!

Over the years I've toyed with Gower, North Wales, Dublin and Cornwall. But for some reason I fancy the Newark area in Notts. I really like the small villages like Farndon, Canton and North Muskham plus Nottingham, Lincoln and Southwell are nearby.
I have spent a lot of time up there and am seriously contemplating a move with my partner in next few years.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 2146 viewsKilkennyjack

Not so sure that Dublin is actually in the UK. But i agree that its very nice.

Beware of the Risen People

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:16 - Jul 24 with 2138 viewsexiledclaseboy

Portrush.

Poll: Tory leader

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:19 - Jul 24 with 2128 viewsCooperman

Great question Dicky.

My late grandparents lived in Highworth, Wilstshire. It's large village / small town about 8 miles off of junction 15 of the M4. IMO it has the perfect high street in that it contains several nice pubs, a butcher / deli, post office with cash point, takeaway, bakery, newsagent, and chemist. A short walk from there is a Co-op that caters for every need. Added to the attraction is the general quaintness of the place. It's grown a little over the past 30 years or so as organisations such as Honda and Motorola plough billions into the Swindon economy, however it's not overly large. It's also possible to reach the heart of The Cotswolds within 30 mins, Heathrow within an hour, and central London within 90 minutes. The only downside from a features point of view is its distance from the coast but in the grand scheme of things I think I could live without that. So, I'll go with Highworth.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:28 - Jul 24 with 2112 viewsDr_Winston

City = Bristol

Countryside = Probably somewhere in the Beacons/Black Mountains area.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 2103 viewsChrisSCFC

Blackburn.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:31 - Jul 24 with 2098 viewscontroversial_jack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:28 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

City = Bristol

Countryside = Probably somewhere in the Beacons/Black Mountains area.

Newark is a dump, and it's almost in Lincolnshire
What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:43 - Jul 24 with 2081 viewssherpajacob

I think Dublin is a dump, much prefer Cork. But neither is in uk.

Would choose Devon over Cornwall., but probably choose pembrokeshire over both.

Lived in Lincoln for a while, great place, far superior to Newark, other than as an anagram.

Wouldn't mind living in London, but not permanently.

Personally having lived in the south, the Midlands and the northish, the best place to live in the UK is south wales for numerous reasons, scenery, beaches, sport, culture and most of all people.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:51 - Jul 24 with 2061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff , because of the nice shops

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:53 - Jul 24 with 2060 viewsDr_Winston

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:31 - Jul 24 by controversial_jack

Newark is a dump, and it's almost in Lincolnshire

What's that got to to with Bristol or the Beacons?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 2055 viewsmonmouth

Cheltenham, Bath or Oxford for mix of country and town. I miss the sea though....so if not Swansea, maybe (shock, horror) Southport or the Wirral.

or Bournemouth or Brighton or Southwold maybe. Not Scotland.

Bollux to moving again though. Done it 11 times and would need a lot of convincing to go through all that again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 2053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:53 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

What's that got to to with Bristol or the Beacons?

Tourettes???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:14 - Jul 24 with 2011 viewslifelong

The St David's area of Pembrokeshire,it's got most things I like, great countryside, fantastic coastal scenery, very good fishing and a brilliant variety of bird life.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:18 - Jul 24 with 2001 viewsmax936

Mumbles.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:27 - Jul 24 with 1977 viewsLord_Bony

St Ives cornwall or Aberavon

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What part of the UK would you move to? on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 1943 viewsBuckinghamshirejack

Spent the first 20 years of my life in Swansea, the next 20 in London and the last 5 years in Buckinghamshire by The Thames with the wife and kids. Would love to come home eventually, love the idea of The mumbles but I've always fancied spending some time in Italy.
What part of the UK would you move to? on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 1821 viewsswanskid95

I actually live in a little town called Gainsborough not to far from Lincoln, the villages surrounding Gainsborough are beautiful and quiet
What part of the UK would you move to? on 18:22 - Jul 24 with 1778 viewsMurph75

Grimsby
What part of the UK would you move to? on 18:48 - Jul 24 with 1730 viewsGowerjack

St Ives in Cornwall

Liverpool

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 18:53 - Jul 24 with 1721 viewsWxmJax

Got me thinking. Always fancied living by the sea, somewhere like Mumbles or Langland but I can't knock north east Wales, here on the Cheshire/Shropshire border. Stunning scenery, not over crowded yet I can be in London in two and a half hours, Snowdonia, Liverpool or Manchester in under an hour, Chester half that. People visiting the park where my wife runs a business often comment how beautiful it is and that they never knew it existed. Great area for cycling, walking, climbing and golf I guess I'm pretty lucky where I live.
Now if only we had a Joe's ice cream parlour........

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:00 - Jul 24 with 1712 viewsLoyal

What part of the UK would you move to? on 14:30 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Blackburn.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:09 - Jul 24 with 1702 viewswaynekerr55

A flat in Kensington and a country retreat in St Albans.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:15 - Jul 24 with 1694 viewsmax936

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:09 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

A flat in Kensington and a country retreat in St Albans.

With a Waitrose on the corner you posh git

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:17 - Jul 24 with 1691 viewswaynekerr55

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:15 - Jul 24 by max936

With a Waitrose on the corner you posh git

Fück all posh about that Max, there's one two minutes down the road. Watford is hardly gentile, is it?😄😅

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:23 - Jul 24 with 1674 viewsmax936

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:17 - Jul 24 by waynekerr55

Fück all posh about that Max, there's one two minutes down the road. Watford is hardly gentile, is it?😄😅

I don't know Wayne, but I'd guess Watford is similar to Swansea in the grand scheme of things, I was only pulling your leg mind.

What part of the UK would you move to? on 19:37 - Jul 24 with 1652 viewspikeypaul

Somewhere on the coast within 1 hour by train to London.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024