Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 12:33 - Aug 11 with 17214 viewsSwan91

it finally happened

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-record-signing-atle
Borja Baston on 12:49 - Aug 14 with 1828 viewsPBJxxx

Borja Baston on 12:23 - Aug 14 by AngelRangelQS

Is Baston able to play alongside Llorente almost as a narrow winger I wonder?

Barrow-Llorente-Baston

He ain't that fast and kinda looks like Michu style to me.
Borja Baston on 12:52 - Aug 14 with 1817 viewsmonmouth

I can't help but notice we've gone all beardy. Paul will be impressed. Me less so.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Borja Baston on 12:58 - Aug 14 with 1778 viewsexiledclaseboy

Borja Baston on 12:52 - Aug 14 by monmouth

I can't help but notice we've gone all beardy. Paul will be impressed. Me less so.

Beards are all the rage these days. Add a sleeve tattoo for the full "sheeple" trendy look.

Poll: Tory leader

Borja Baston on 13:03 - Aug 14 with 1753 viewsmonmouth

Borja Baston on 12:58 - Aug 14 by exiledclaseboy

Beards are all the rage these days. Add a sleeve tattoo for the full "sheeple" trendy look.

Apparently, or so I was told, I was trendy on 14th September 1981, after a drunken visit to Carnaby Street. Once is enough for any lifetime.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Borja Baston on 13:04 - Jun 16 with 1351 viewsGlyn1

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I tend to look down on people who resurrect long-dead threads but I'm a hypocrite because I'm going to do it anyway.

We're giving the chairman a lot of stick on a lot of things, and very deservedly so in a lot of cases, but I don't think that buying Baston was a foolish decision or that £15 million was a crazy price for what we thought we were getting. Most of us at the time, including me, took it to be a sign of ambition by the club and were very glad when he arrived

It hasn't worked out - we nearly got relegated and he lost a year of his career sitting on the bench, and its definitely time that he was moved on - but I don't despise him the way I despise fat Franck Tabanou who slagged off the club and never made an effort. Good luck to Borja, but it's time for him to go.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:05]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Borja Baston on 13:12 - Jun 16 with 1314 viewsswancity

Borja Baston on 13:04 - Jun 16 by Glyn1

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I tend to look down on people who resurrect long-dead threads but I'm a hypocrite because I'm going to do it anyway.

We're giving the chairman a lot of stick on a lot of things, and very deservedly so in a lot of cases, but I don't think that buying Baston was a foolish decision or that £15 million was a crazy price for what we thought we were getting. Most of us at the time, including me, took it to be a sign of ambition by the club and were very glad when he arrived

It hasn't worked out - we nearly got relegated and he lost a year of his career sitting on the bench, and its definitely time that he was moved on - but I don't despise him the way I despise fat Franck Tabanou who slagged off the club and never made an effort. Good luck to Borja, but it's time for him to go.

Dear me. Did you watch some of Bastons appearances including the Man City away game where all he did was stroll around not breaking sweat? He's been abysmal and a waste of the £20m or so it's cost us for him to be here. A terrible signing by Jenkins so let's try not to pretend otherwise. And don't forget we didn't win any, not one, of the 20 odd games in which he got on the pitch. If we can recover £5m I'd be amazed as he's not worth even that.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja Baston on 13:24 - Jun 16 with 1267 viewsGlyn1

Borja Baston on 13:12 - Jun 16 by swancity

Dear me. Did you watch some of Bastons appearances including the Man City away game where all he did was stroll around not breaking sweat? He's been abysmal and a waste of the £20m or so it's cost us for him to be here. A terrible signing by Jenkins so let's try not to pretend otherwise. And don't forget we didn't win any, not one, of the 20 odd games in which he got on the pitch. If we can recover £5m I'd be amazed as he's not worth even that.

And don't forget we didn't win any, not one, of the 20 odd games in which he got on the pitch.

Pah! You're making him sound like Gareth Bale: "Bale made his comeback as an 85th-minute substitute in Tottenham's 5—0 win over Burnley. This was Bale's first ever involvement in a Premier League win, after playing a record 24 league matches for Spurs without being on the winning side."
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:25]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Borja Baston on 13:46 - Jun 16 with 1212 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja Baston on 13:24 - Jun 16 by Glyn1

And don't forget we didn't win any, not one, of the 20 odd games in which he got on the pitch.

Pah! You're making him sound like Gareth Bale: "Bale made his comeback as an 85th-minute substitute in Tottenham's 5—0 win over Burnley. This was Bale's first ever involvement in a Premier League win, after playing a record 24 league matches for Spurs without being on the winning side."

Shame on you for even mentioning in the same sentence Gareth Bale and that lazy shite house we spunked £15 million on.

One is a brilliant footballing talent and the other is a useless, talentless lazy c*nt....I'll let you decide.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 13:47 - Jun 16 with 1208 viewsswancity

Borja Baston on 13:24 - Jun 16 by Glyn1

Hardly comparable. Bale was what 17/18 going to Spurs with hardly any experience and scored I think 4 in his first four games there. It was hardly his fault. Baston on the other hand had made no impression whatsoever and quite frankly some of his efforts on the pitch have been embarrassing and shameful. One player has questioned his ability on the training pitch. He's simply not very good but not trying either is inexcusable.

Borja Baston on 14:26 - Jun 16 with 1129 viewsicecoldjack

Baston aint a bad player, he just wasn't the right player for Swansea. Jenkins is to blame 100% for signing a player who didn't fit our system, did anyone apart from Jenkins think Baston was the type of player that could play up top on his own ? or be a focal point or hold up player ? a quick glance on you tube would've told huw he was a more a 6 yrd finisher more in the mould of Gomis than what we normally require.

Unless Jenkins thought FG wanted to play a completely new system then this signing actually made no sense what so ever IMO.
Borja Baston on 14:42 - Jun 16 with 1092 viewsLoyal

Borja Baston on 14:26 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

Baston aint a bad player, he just wasn't the right player for Swansea. Jenkins is to blame 100% for signing a player who didn't fit our system, did anyone apart from Jenkins think Baston was the type of player that could play up top on his own ? or be a focal point or hold up player ? a quick glance on you tube would've told huw he was a more a 6 yrd finisher more in the mould of Gomis than what we normally require.

Unless Jenkins thought FG wanted to play a completely new system then this signing actually made no sense what so ever IMO.

Indeed, doesn't it make you wonder why ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Borja Baston on 14:51 - Jun 16 with 1064 viewshobo

Nonsense, I said at the time that the fee was far too much. The board were just desperate looking for a signing after missing out on numerous targets, and just went for it. All based on Borja's previous season with Eibar. Madness
Borja Baston on 14:57 - Jun 16 with 1046 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja Baston on 14:26 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

He wasn't the right player for Athletico Madrid either, or come to think of it any of the clubs he went out on loan to. Murcia, Huesca, Deportivo La Coruna, Zaragoza, Eiber.

Agree this was a f*ck up by Huw, but a bigger f*ck up by the people that scouted him, or is there more than meets the eye with this deal ?

£15.5 million......Athletico must have been p*ssing themselves.

Hello

Borja Baston on 15:05 - Jun 16 with 1029 viewsdameedna

Not sure about the fuss over the money. Torres cost a lot but flopped whilst being a good player. Baston is a big flop needs to move on.
Borja Baston on 15:18 - Jun 16 with 1003 viewsjack247

To be fair, most of us didn't scout him. We just looked at his goal record and YouTube highlights. The club really should have scouted the living daylights out of him. The sad thing is, they probably did and still bought him.

The only possible explanation I can think of is that Guidolin planned on playing a more fluid attacking style, that he probably would have suited better. Other than that it's the club not doing their homework on a record signing.
Borja Baston on 15:22 - Jun 16 with 989 viewsDr_Winston

Football is getting like politics. Everything is either brilliant or the worst ever. Good or Evil. There's little room for subtlety.

Baston's a decent player who didn't fit the system. Not the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. If the finger of blame is to be pointed anywhere it should be aimed at those who did the buying, not the player himself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja Baston on 15:37 - Jun 16 with 946 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja Baston on 15:22 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

Football is getting like politics. Everything is either brilliant or the worst ever. Good or Evil. There's little room for subtlety.

Baston's a decent player who didn't fit the system. Not the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. If the finger of blame is to be pointed anywhere it should be aimed at those who did the buying, not the player himself.

Even a decent player should exert a little bit of effort, I didn't see that from Baston, and neither did he exert much in training, apparently.

I'll be very interested to know what system and opposition would suit a striker that can't hold the ball up, has poor ball control, lacks pace and physical presence on the field and doesn't seem to have an eye for goal, a lower league Spanish team maybe, because it certainly isn't a PL team.

Hello

Borja Baston on 15:52 - Jun 16 with 923 viewsswancity

Borja Baston on 15:22 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

He's not a decent player at Premier League level though Jobs. He's not good enough and hasn't even put the effort in. How many of the 38 league games did he start? One or two. I'm not sure. As for systems, if he had been good enough he would have been accommodated. Just he's not up to it and at £20m which he's cost us it's the single worst signing in history. Well done HJ. 👍🏻

Borja Baston on 17:47 - Jun 16 with 820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 15:52 - Jun 16 by swancity

He's not a decent player at Premier League level though Jobs. He's not good enough and hasn't even put the effort in. How many of the 38 league games did he start? One or two. I'm not sure. As for systems, if he had been good enough he would have been accommodated. Just he's not up to it and at £20m which he's cost us it's the single worst signing in history. Well done HJ. 👍🏻

In a side struggling for its premier league survival he wasn't ever going to be accommodated as a lone striker, which he patently is NOT. And that isn't his fault.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024