Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 23:32 - Aug 30 with 5066 viewsSmellyplumz

Huw Jenkins

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Jenkins on 12:55 - Aug 31 with 1275 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Jenkins on 11:21 - Aug 31 by costalotta

Careful, the happy clappers (ostrich's) will be out for you!

I don't think there are many happy clappers about. I am trying to be positive as I think it is too early to say the season is going to be a disaster. There is no doubt however that this has been a poor, long drawn out, indecisive window.
'In Huw we trust' is not being bandied about anymore.......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins on 12:56 - Aug 31 with 1272 viewsLandore_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 11:28 - Aug 31 by skippyjack

even if they are penny pinching.. at least give Fransesco some hope..

Huw has given him a Phillips screwdriver to undo a flat head screw..

VDH
Mawson

I'd like an explanation..

Dyer 4 years!
Rangel extended
Britton
Tremmel
Emnes
Tabanou

They're penny pinching.. yet pay these guys a sentimental retirement kitty..

In today's real world.. they'd be out the door quicker than flash gordon

Kyle Bartley was given a 12-month contract extension.

#backtojack

Huw Jenkins on 12:59 - Aug 31 with 1264 viewsunion_jack

Huw Jenkins on 12:00 - Aug 31 by nierika

When you think about Sunderland losing their manager weeks before the season and having trouble finding players that want to go there, Hull's manager quitting and barely having enough players, Watford getting a new manager every year, etc. It would take an F-up of epic proportions to not stay up this year!!!

Keep on watching this space!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huw Jenkins on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 1264 viewsPrivate_Partz

VDH
Mawson

Dyer 4 years!
Rangel extended
Britton
Tremmel
Emnes
Tabanou

Indeed. I am sure FG will do his absolute best with what he has been given. To save a few million they are piling the pressure on him and I hope the fans realise that and direct their concerns and displeasure at those responsible, Huw plus the Yanks and not the manager and players.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:01]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 1202 viewsDewi1jack

Huw Jenkins on 00:37 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

Stay as tea boy???

You can't make Curt redundant!

No need to make Curt redundant.
Promote him to Chief scout,chief buyer and tea boy trainer.

As others have said, direct the anger at where its' due
CEO; snidey, sneaky sellouts (Jack to a Backstabber) and ultimately the owners for trying to do things on the cheap and just treat us as their own personal bank (or so it appears at the mo.)
And players if they can't be ar$ed to even try when they cross the line wearing OUR CLUBs white shirt.
They're loaning it and should be trying 100% especially for the money they're earning.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Huw Jenkins on 14:46 - Aug 31 with 1175 viewsraynor94

Huw Jenkins on 12:56 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

Kyle Bartley was given a 12-month contract extension.

And who's paying his wages?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins on 14:56 - Aug 31 with 1149 viewsWingstandwood

VDH
Mawson

Dyer 4 years!
Rangel extended
Britton
Tremmel
Emnes
Tabanou

There is indeed a certain 'seen-in-previous-times-of-past' vibe going on at SCFC of "Why the f#ck are SCFC offering him a new contract/extension? e.g. Gower, Butler, KOL etc. Welcome to SCFC rest home for fully to semi retired hanger's on.................Fill yer boots! FFS start running the club professionally as opposed to a benevolent fund paying individuals thousands-tens of thousands a week.

Argus!

Huw Jenkins on 15:13 - Aug 31 with 1120 viewsFlashberryjack

Huw Jenkins on 12:55 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

I don't think there are many happy clappers about. I am trying to be positive as I think it is too early to say the season is going to be a disaster. There is no doubt however that this has been a poor, long drawn out, indecisive window.
'In Huw we trust' is not being bandied about anymore.......

When you see an iceberg, you take action immediately not wait until your about to get the ar*se ripped out of the ship.

In footballing terms the club has been on a collision course for a while, luckily we've managed to steer around the iceberg of relegation, albeit with a bit to spare.

The window slams shut in a few hours until January, and according to Huw that's not a good time to do business. So this is the team we'll probably go with for the rest of the season, with an absolute cluster f*ck of a defence, this boy Mawson better be good.

Only a fool doesn't learn from past mistakes

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 15:18 - Aug 31 with 1109 viewsunion_jack

Huw Jenkins on 14:56 - Aug 31 by Wingstandwood

There is indeed a certain 'seen-in-previous-times-of-past' vibe going on at SCFC of "Why the f#ck are SCFC offering him a new contract/extension? e.g. Gower, Butler, KOL etc. Welcome to SCFC rest home for fully to semi retired hanger's on.................Fill yer boots! FFS start running the club professionally as opposed to a benevolent fund paying individuals thousands-tens of thousands a week.

I may have more sympathy than others on here regarding board activity because nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

However,merge contract extensions you mention, both past and present, are mind boggling. I really can't get my head around the Dyer one. There must be a rational explanation, surely.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huw Jenkins on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 1093 viewsCatullus

Huw Jenkins on 09:24 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

I thought the plan was that managers may come and go, but the board (i.e. HJ now) gets in the players for continuity.
The reasons for this were -
(1) new managers fit into the "Swansea style of play" with the players already playing the "Swansea style of play"
(2) new managers wouldn't do a wholesale revamp of the squad, getting rid of players who didn't suit and getting in their favourites.

Trouble is we no longer have a "Swansea style of play" - we're exactly like any other bottom half team. And also HJ has lost his mojo - far too many journeyman instead of quality - Leroy Fer ffs. And a 4 year extension for Dyer - where's the sense?

Problem is, how do we get our distinctive style back and how do we make a much better fist at receuitment?
Seems like the yanks are running the club remotely, leaving everything up to Huw. To be fair, up until a couple of years ago he's done great. By the time they wake up and smell the coffee, it may well be too late to rescue us.

Agree about Dyer, makes absolutely no sense. Not sure about Fer, he could prove to be handy, plus he's the only one svoring!!

This season is goingbto be testing, that's for sure. I expect to see plenty of meltdowns on here.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Huw Jenkins on 16:38 - Aug 31 with 1024 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins on 15:18 - Aug 31 by union_jack

I may have more sympathy than others on here regarding board activity because nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

However,merge contract extensions you mention, both past and present, are mind boggling. I really can't get my head around the Dyer one. There must be a rational explanation, surely.

It's not just the financial downside of wasting better spent elsewhere money on parasitic non-contributor hangers on that worries me......A case of also!..... The message that it sends out to others both still at SCFC or to come to SCFC in the future! The sheer unprofessionalism of it all and the threat it poses to SCFC's future prospects.

A case of?.... "Come join/ continue to stay at SCFC even with non-performance and contribution to merit the thousands you earn a week, so why not put your f#cking feet up and relax, no worries".

Argus!

Huw Jenkins on 16:46 - Aug 31 with 1009 viewsawayjack

Huw Jenkins on 12:06 - Aug 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

Unless we spend big there's many who won't be happy .

I'm not sure it's about spending big - most concerns seem to be about not even reinvesting the proceeds from player sales back into the squad. Many said this transfer window would be a good indication if the Yanks are here to 'take us to the next level' or to asset strip. Selling your best players for big profits and not replacing them is sadly asset stripping.
Huw Jenkins on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 985 viewsLoyal

Huw Jenkins on 00:32 - Aug 31 by nyc_swans

so without taking a stance, genuinely curious what's the alternative to Huw? let the americans pick the team? Get rid of Huw and let Guido do everything?

not sure i understand what people want to happen

Guidolin do everything ?
You mean whoever would replace HJ would do everything.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins on 18:35 - Aug 31 with 921 viewsclloy2

Huw Jenkins on 16:46 - Aug 31 by awayjack

I'm not sure it's about spending big - most concerns seem to be about not even reinvesting the proceeds from player sales back into the squad. Many said this transfer window would be a good indication if the Yanks are here to 'take us to the next level' or to asset strip. Selling your best players for big profits and not replacing them is sadly asset stripping.

I think reading the majority of the posts, most people are making the point. That is no one is calling for mass spending big ala Everton , Stoke. Its a case of spending sensibly and improving on our obvious shortcomings from last year. If you look at our most urgent requirement a decent striker then yes we have spent big and sensibly, and I firmly believe once fit !!, Baston will be a big success, but we have known for a while that Leon is coming to the end of his career, and needed replacing, again I wasn't expecting Joe to fill that position, it was a lot of of money, but Leon hasn't been addressed. Our full backs needed strengthening, this hasn't been addressed. We probably knew Ash was off as soon as FG got appointed, not saying we will miss Ash on his football ability, but as an experienced head, captain and organiser, that hasn't been addressed. Good luck to our young CH from Barnsley, but is it fair on a 22 year old who's played most of his career in lower leagues to come in and take over from an experienced captain at club and international level. Now we come onto midfield, with Ayew gone we have lost a significant goal scoring threat and creativity from midfield, not addressed. Why is Dyer and Routs not been replaced. So when you look at the financials and see that money in more or less equals money out and in the most lucrative Prem season ever ££, with the Yanks and Huw promising to take us to the next level, its only fair to expect fans to ask genuine questions. If we were told this is our lot, we will try and avoid relegation every year by the skin of our teeth, because we don't have the finance or resources to compete, Im sure people wouldn't be happy, but at least we know what to expect. Anyway if we survive another season that's 7 more seasons in the prem than I ever thought Id see in my 50 odd years supporting the swans. STID
Huw Jenkins on 18:53 - Aug 31 with 881 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Jenkins on 16:51 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Guidolin do everything ?
You mean whoever would replace HJ would do everything.

I think we need to appoint a chief scout urgently. One who has very good knowledge of European football with plenty of contacts. This person can then work with Frankie to get the right players in. Next we review the whole of our scouting network which currently seems to be based in Falkirk and Middlesborough! Get them out there all over Europe. It is expensive but it can be done and the rewards can be great if done properly. This can't be done In just over 4 hours unfortunately.
It is something we can aim for however so we will be in with a chance to make fist of it if it is going tits up come January.

Huw Jenkins on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 762 viewsUplandsJack

Cheap skate Jenkins has now managed to lose out on the loan signing of EV from West Spam...
Time to go Jenkins..... you've made your money, now foook off before your penny pinching ruins our club....
Huw Jenkins on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 733 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins on 19:13 - Aug 31 by UplandsJack

Cheap skate Jenkins has now managed to lose out on the loan signing of EV from West Spam...
Time to go Jenkins..... you've made your money, now foook off before your penny pinching ruins our club....

TBH I no longer want him or any of the other 'traitors' anywhere near mine, your's and others beloved club and I suspect thousands of others are of the same opinion. Am I right or wrong?

Argus!

Huw Jenkins on 19:18 - Aug 31 with 730 viewsLandore_Jack

For the past few transfer windows we have been scraping the barrel. Too many signings have not been good enough. Jenkins out!

#backtojack

Huw Jenkins on 19:49 - Aug 31 with 694 viewsUplandsJack

In August 2011 I went into the season thinking we'd a good chance of staying up but if not oh well we had lived the Premier League dream. Every August since I have believed without doubt we would stay up. Sadly, this August I genuinely worry this may be the year we get relegated...
It's not a knee jerk reaction, but a combination of watching us play those first 3 games and the terrible transfer business we seem to have concluded this window.
We are short in so many areas. I honestly believe this is the WORST squad we've had in regards quality since we came up, but then we had a clear style of play and a group of tight knitted players all playing for each other.

For me, since HJ took control of player recruitment from ML it has gone down hill...
Before that the managers seemed to more often than not, have the say on players in and Jenkins just sorted the £££ .....

The time has now come for the Jack Army to rise up as one and tell Jenkins to Fook off....

Let's just pray FG can somehow work his magic and pull us through this sorry state we now find ourselves in.....
Huw Jenkins on 20:02 - Aug 31 with 663 viewsclloy2

Huw Jenkins on 19:49 - Aug 31 by UplandsJack

In August 2011 I went into the season thinking we'd a good chance of staying up but if not oh well we had lived the Premier League dream. Every August since I have believed without doubt we would stay up. Sadly, this August I genuinely worry this may be the year we get relegated...
It's not a knee jerk reaction, but a combination of watching us play those first 3 games and the terrible transfer business we seem to have concluded this window.
We are short in so many areas. I honestly believe this is the WORST squad we've had in regards quality since we came up, but then we had a clear style of play and a group of tight knitted players all playing for each other.

For me, since HJ took control of player recruitment from ML it has gone down hill...
Before that the managers seemed to more often than not, have the say on players in and Jenkins just sorted the £££ .....

The time has now come for the Jack Army to rise up as one and tell Jenkins to Fook off....

Let's just pray FG can somehow work his magic and pull us through this sorry state we now find ourselves in.....

I suspect, if the form continues to dip, either someone will have to carry the can and FG gets sacked, or probably a very proud man decides he has had enough, and walks. I hope Im wrong, our worries are ill founded and we start improving.
Huw Jenkins on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 646 viewsnierika

I think some people need to calm down and let Borja get a few matches under his belt. I dont think we're as bad as we were for the last few weeks of Monk!
Huw Jenkins on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 600 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw Jenkins on 20:04 - Aug 31 by nierika

I think some people need to calm down and let Borja get a few matches under his belt. I dont think we're as bad as we were for the last few weeks of Monk!

We aren't as bad as we were when we won once in 13 games.... Everything is fine then
Huw Jenkins on 20:37 - Aug 31 with 567 viewsUplandsJack

Huw Jenkins on 20:04 - Aug 31 by nierika

Are you Serious?

Even if Borja is as good as we all hope he is, you are honestly hanging our hopes and dreams on a young player who has never played in this league. Add to that the clear lack of creativity behind him with Siggy being off form and I just can't see it sorry....
This squad is without doubt the weakest we've had since arriving in Prem.
Huw Jenkins on 20:40 - Aug 31 with 548 viewsRancid

What a mess!!
Huw Jenkins on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 494 viewsnierika

Huw Jenkins on 20:37 - Aug 31 by UplandsJack

Are you Serious?

Even if Borja is as good as we all hope he is, you are honestly hanging our hopes and dreams on a young player who has never played in this league. Add to that the clear lack of creativity behind him with Siggy being off form and I just can't see it sorry....
This squad is without doubt the weakest we've had since arriving in Prem.

I dont see how he can be worse than Gomis and Siggy will obviously improve. I have to constantly remind myself that this place is overreaction central.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024