Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? 19:09 - Aug 31 with 23989 viewsGowerjack

I'm Swansea born and bred,a Penlan boy.

One of our esteemed posters who has moved away almost always slags his hometown.

For my part I think the City has been let down for decades both by the local council and the London and WAG.

I mean look at the mess made of the City centre road network for the failed bendy bus project ( not to mention the unfortunate people who lost their lives because of it). Or what about the "Boulevard Project" which after months of traffic disruption ended up being a wider pavement!

Or to go back a little longer the disaster that is Castle Square or the failed Cafe Quarter?

Or knocking down David Evans and replacing it with the current ugly and underused building?

Poor planning decisions and a lack of investment centrally have really hurt us.

I defy anyone to walk from Dyfatty down High Steet,Orchard Street,the Kingsway & St Helens Rd to the Guildhall and tell me that our City has not been allowed to become a complete s hithole.

It's a real shame that this combination of poor decision making and focusing public money elsewhere has led to this as Swansea has a location and natural environment second to none.

I'm old enough to remember Swansea as a bustling friendly and clean City with a sense of purpose.

Not anymore.

Your views?

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 19:11]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 1048 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 11:38 - Sep 8 by Jack_Meoff

I'll start work on an extension mate, a few layers of Bacofoil as protection we're good to go, we can sit out armageddon and let the bickering rabble get on with it...

Aye plenty of fresh salad and home brew won't be a bad way to see out Armageddon...bet they ll still be on here bickering till the end times come...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:52 - Sep 8 with 995 viewsmonmouth

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:55 - Sep 8 by Darran

So Dr Winston makes a post to perchrockjack and I'm brought into it by perchrockjack?

I've been up since 6:30,took the wife's Audi over to Swansea for a service,got back home,posted in the Trust thread and hadn't given a second thought to perchrockjack.
Then in his first post of the day he suggests I should be banned.

I'm sure Lisa,Humpty,Gary,Monny,Builty and The Gower will be along shortly to tell everyone the poor man is being picked on.

Bizarre,absolutely bizarre.

I don't think he's being picked on. As any Scouce will tell you, they aren't victims. And Internet Perch and Internet Darran aren't real people either. Or at least I would hope for everybody's sake that everyone's personalities are more three dimensional than what we post on here. Seeing as very few people (me included) know you both, it's a bit pointless trying to win the 'who's to blame' argument on here, isn't it?

For the record I find some of what Internet Perch does quite repellant, some annoying, and some endearing. But I don't equate that with Real Perch. How can I? I don't know him. If Internet Perch really infuriated me, Internet Monny would avoid him, just as Real Monny would avoid someone in real life (actually most people try to avoid Real Monny, but that's another story). So I just try to answer the post. In this case, both Swansea and Liverpool have their benefits and drawbacks and, if I had the choice between the two, I would live in Swansea. Other opinions are just as valid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:56 - Sep 8 with 986 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:52 - Sep 8 by monmouth

I don't think he's being picked on. As any Scouce will tell you, they aren't victims. And Internet Perch and Internet Darran aren't real people either. Or at least I would hope for everybody's sake that everyone's personalities are more three dimensional than what we post on here. Seeing as very few people (me included) know you both, it's a bit pointless trying to win the 'who's to blame' argument on here, isn't it?

For the record I find some of what Internet Perch does quite repellant, some annoying, and some endearing. But I don't equate that with Real Perch. How can I? I don't know him. If Internet Perch really infuriated me, Internet Monny would avoid him, just as Real Monny would avoid someone in real life (actually most people try to avoid Real Monny, but that's another story). So I just try to answer the post. In this case, both Swansea and Liverpool have their benefits and drawbacks and, if I had the choice between the two, I would live in Swansea. Other opinions are just as valid.

I've met him several times in real life.

I have no further comment to make.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 921 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:55 - Sep 8 by Darran

So Dr Winston makes a post to perchrockjack and I'm brought into it by perchrockjack?

I've been up since 6:30,took the wife's Audi over to Swansea for a service,got back home,posted in the Trust thread and hadn't given a second thought to perchrockjack.
Then in his first post of the day he suggests I should be banned.

I'm sure Lisa,Humpty,Gary,Monny,Builty and The Gower will be along shortly to tell everyone the poor man is being picked on.

Bizarre,absolutely bizarre.

I don't believe he's being picked on as a matter of fact he seems more than capable of standing up for himself.

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 19:53 - Sep 8 with 899 viewsperchrockjack

Mon.

Some reasonable comments but with respect some of your comments if said to my face would get me truly angry.

I've never denied being anything other than confrontional, obnoxious sometimes and capricious but I'm honest , or at least honest enough bearing in mind this site is prone to warped minds.

I think posters have had enough of this endless perch prosser shyte and I'm more than willing to make a deal to desist . If I were to abuse anyone forvtge sake of it I ll give £ 100 to any Swansea children's charity.

I can't do it on my own so let's quit now .end this thread and move on.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 19:55 - Sep 8 with 895 viewsDarran

Jesus Christ he's mentioned me again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:58 - Sep 8 with 848 viewsbuilthjack

FIN DE

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 00:40 - Nov 1 with 700 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:53 - Sep 5 by BigPhilG

I was just trying to help him Darr I'm a nice guy me and I just thought he needed to talk to someone about his issues

When Darran is getting a kicking he pulls put little cock Phil g

Gubbed PC Lewis a treat

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 08:51 - Nov 1 with 640 viewsperchrockjack

Unusual to see CHRISSY in a non football thread.

What do I think of Swansea.

Right now, a rather depressing place that has had its heart ripped out by lack of investment and venal incompetent politicians. It was a fine place to grow up and summers were great and in winter we had a town centre that meant something.

That's pretty much it.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:00 - Nov 1 with 636 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 08:51 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Unusual to see CHRISSY in a non football thread.

What do I think of Swansea.

Right now, a rather depressing place that has had its heart ripped out by lack of investment and venal incompetent politicians. It was a fine place to grow up and summers were great and in winter we had a town centre that meant something.

That's pretty much it.

Richard,

I agree.

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:25 - Nov 1 with 622 viewsperchrockjack

Steve.

Most Jacks do.

I go home far more often than the cocks on here are aware.

It was going downhill late seventies and it's been one way downwards ever since.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't comment.

I have a good life here and owe it everything.

My mother always wanted to move here but father too stuck in his ways.

Where they live,in Killay, in nowhere like as pleasant as it was and that hurts.

Frankly, I'm not too bothered about what non Jacks think.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:46 - Nov 1 with 615 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:25 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Steve.

Most Jacks do.

I go home far more often than the cocks on here are aware.

It was going downhill late seventies and it's been one way downwards ever since.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't comment.

I have a good life here and owe it everything.

My mother always wanted to move here but father too stuck in his ways.

Where they live,in Killay, in nowhere like as pleasant as it was and that hurts.

Frankly, I'm not too bothered about what non Jacks think.

Am only here to tell you Darran mugged you off with his other username calling you mentally ill.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 610 viewsperchrockjack

Gee thanks Chris.

Appreciate that offer of real humanity.

I've just looked around

What I see I like.

I'm fine

Bottom line is ...just what the feck is happening to Swansea and why are people all to willing to overlook the obvious.

Cardiff has gone off in an entirely different direction, upwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024