Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? 19:09 - Aug 31 with 24358 viewsGowerjack

I'm Swansea born and bred,a Penlan boy.

One of our esteemed posters who has moved away almost always slags his hometown.

For my part I think the City has been let down for decades both by the local council and the London and WAG.

I mean look at the mess made of the City centre road network for the failed bendy bus project ( not to mention the unfortunate people who lost their lives because of it). Or what about the "Boulevard Project" which after months of traffic disruption ended up being a wider pavement!

Or to go back a little longer the disaster that is Castle Square or the failed Cafe Quarter?

Or knocking down David Evans and replacing it with the current ugly and underused building?

Poor planning decisions and a lack of investment centrally have really hurt us.

I defy anyone to walk from Dyfatty down High Steet,Orchard Street,the Kingsway & St Helens Rd to the Guildhall and tell me that our City has not been allowed to become a complete s hithole.

It's a real shame that this combination of poor decision making and focusing public money elsewhere has led to this as Swansea has a location and natural environment second to none.

I'm old enough to remember Swansea as a bustling friendly and clean City with a sense of purpose.

Not anymore.

Your views?

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 19:11]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:57 - Sep 6 with 1763 viewsperchrockjack

,...you re on the naughty chair ,Son. (ignore)

speak up.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:58 - Sep 6 with 1761 viewsmonmouth

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 08:44 - Sep 6 by Gowerjack

Eaten

It's a tough crowd.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:02 - Sep 6 with 1752 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:49 - Sep 6 by BigPhilG

Yes I am. I really think he does need help I've seen this sort of behaviour in the real world and it didn't end well. I wouldn't wish it on anyone

You can ignore him too Big Philip he's another one of my stalkers,he often tells me what I'm thinking too which is rather bizarre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:10 - Sep 6 with 1744 viewsjack247

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:02 - Sep 6 by nierika

Didnt make me think the entire city was like that. Hope to make my pilgrimage to a match some day.

Wasn't a pop at you at all. Just disappointing that filmmakers look to portray our (and others) cities like this, when the true population of alcoholic, drug addicts whose parents forced them into child prostitution is surprisingly enough, much lower than the amount of respectful, educated people that age who contribute to society. Feel for the girl, but she is hardly stereotype Swansea.
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:21 - Sep 6 with 1734 viewsperchrockjack

Film and TV is very influencial 246.

Kids often haven't the wherewithal to work it out or take a wider perspective. They believe what they see

I hated TWIN TOWN. Unfunny, unoriginal and damning us all ,sorry know its popular here.

Many believe Swansea a backwater and would not be able to place it on a map within 100 miles.

BTW the most interesting cities are or have been shitholes, eg Liverpool,Manchester,Hull,Leeds,Newcastle,Glasgow, and the least interesting "pretty", eg Cheltelham,

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:34 - Sep 6 with 1726 viewsjack247

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:21 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

Kids often haven't the wherewithal to work it out or take a wider perspective. They believe what they see

I hated TWIN TOWN. Unfunny, unoriginal and damning us all ,sorry know its popular here.

Many believe Swansea a backwater and would not be able to place it on a map within 100 miles.

BTW the most interesting cities are or have been shitholes, eg Liverpool,Manchester,Hull,Leeds,Newcastle,Glasgow, and the least interesting "pretty", eg Cheltelham,

Yes it is and more people are likely to want to watch that than a normal Swansea couple of that age growing up, going out, working, saving for their first house etc.

It's just a bit of a shame. I'm sure that could have been set in Cheltenhsm and made to look just as bad.

Twin Town was so overt it was obviously tongue in cheek. If the same plot had been portrayed more subtley, I may have shared your viewpoint.
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 11:52 - Sep 6 with 1685 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 09:24 - Sep 6 by Darran

It's not your shithole and you won't get a tidy Bentley for £50k.

Do you drive a Bentley Pross?

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 11:56 - Sep 6 with 1682 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:21 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

Twin Town? Indeed Marmite stuff. I personally found it cringeworthy and unimaginative guff that played up to, and over-exaggerated all the cliches/stereotypes of what it is to be Welsh to intelligence insulting levels. Nothing subtle, nothing clever, nothing innovative, nothing inventive and with half arsed script writing i.e. just throw in a load of 'F' words that'll fill up some time.

A movie with a desperate reliance on the overuse of the word f#ck for comedy effect. After a few minutes of the opening scenes any novelty completely wears off. Saw Roy Chubby Brown at Penyrheol Leisure Centre, after 5 mins it wore off with him also. However indeed apparently it's funny to quite a few in a "ohhhh that's so very naughty" playground sort of way?

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:04 - Sep 6 with 1622 viewsStarsky

Twin Town was very funny. I have a lot of friends who also found it funny.

Probably because we have the ability to laugh at ourselves and possess a sense of humour.

Judging by the way you fell out with Darran over some hub caps, you don't have this ability.

I see you continue to attack Swansea almost daily on this site and have the cheek to ask for a

donation of £100 for charity. I donated £20 to your son a couple of years for charity. It's all your getting.

If I had a £100 knocking around for charity I'd donate it to a Swansea cause, apparently were in

great need

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 1620 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:04 - Sep 6 by Starsky

Probably because we have the ability to laugh at ourselves and possess a sense of humour.

Judging by the way you fell out with Darran over some hub caps, you don't have this ability.

I see you continue to attack Swansea almost daily on this site and have the cheek to ask for a

donation of £100 for charity. I donated £20 to your son a couple of years for charity. It's all your getting.

If I had a £100 knocking around for charity I'd donate it to a Swansea cause, apparently were in

great need

Twin Town is very funny but you need to be a Jack to get all of the jokes.

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:13 - Sep 6 with 1610 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:04 - Sep 6 by Starsky

great need

Great post.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:24 - Sep 6 with 1608 viewsmonmouth

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 10:34 - Sep 6 by jack247

Yes it is and more people are likely to want to watch that than a normal Swansea couple of that age growing up, going out, working, saving for their first house etc.

It's just a bit of a shame. I'm sure that could have been set in Cheltenhsm and made to look just as bad.

Twin Town was so overt it was obviously tongue in cheek. If the same plot had been portrayed more subtley, I may have shared your viewpoint.

I lived in Cheltenham in the early 90s. Anywhere west of Marks and Spencer was pretty rough. Some of the 'poet's estates' were really grotty. Lots of drug abuse around Cheltenham.

People believe what they want to believe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:38 - Sep 6 with 1591 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry, but we re talking centres and we were in Cheltenham six months ago

Someone tell me the centre isn't magnificent.

Swansea s centre is a crap hole not the suburbs ,a point missed.

Btw, was this topic not meant for Swansea people. OUR , to me means that so out of towners and villagers need not comment

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:46 - Sep 6 with 1583 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:13 - Sep 6 by Darran

Great post.

You found Twin Town funny? I suspect you missed out on 'true' hilarity of Saturday mornings with Dean Marin and Jerry Lewis movies, the sketches of Bernie Clifton and Peter Glaze on Crackerjack and don't forget Arthur Askey at his very best.
Oh no!!!.......Oh no!!!........Oh no..... You'd probably laugh at a deeply offensive joke with sacrilegious content involving a punk rocker, bus conductor and a nun! The joke is 22: 30 s into this video!!!!!!

Argus!

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:52 - Sep 6 with 1572 viewsperchrockjack

Daily...daily?

Come on Starks

It's also the case it's not about ME,

Frankly. MS is a serious issue and shouldn't be really used as a tool as you ve done.

I ll repeat. Make it clear.

If prosser in particular wants to carry on and bore the holyshut out of this site then PAY for the privilege . He should be aware of the importance of medical research.

Fact is , he can't do it.

Can he

Neither can you

So ,let's all shut the fook up and move on

Capiche

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 15:00 - Sep 6 with 1563 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:52 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

Daily...daily?

Come on Starks

Frankly. MS is a serious issue and shouldn't be really used as a tool as you ve done.

If prosser in particular wants to carry on and bore the holyshut out of this site then PAY for the privilege . He should be aware of the importance of medical research.

Can he

Neither can you

Capiche

I'm not giving you any money so it would be nice if you don't mention it again,I have given your daughter money a couple of times though.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 15:12 - Sep 6 with 1549 viewsjack247

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:46 - Sep 6 by Wingstandwood

You found Twin Town funny? I suspect you missed out on 'true' hilarity of Saturday mornings with Dean Marin and Jerry Lewis movies, the sketches of Bernie Clifton and Peter Glaze on Crackerjack and don't forget Arthur Askey at his very best.
Oh no!!!.......Oh no!!!........Oh no..... You'd probably laugh at a deeply offensive joke with sacrilegious content involving a punk rocker, bus conductor and a nun! The joke is 22: 30 s into this video!!!!!!

I think most people round here found twin town funny to be honest. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's hardly offensive
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 15:23 - Sep 6 with 1533 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:46 - Sep 6 by Wingstandwood

Twin Town is one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 16:06 - Sep 6 with 1507 viewsLohengrin

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 15:23 - Sep 6 by Darran

Twin Town is one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

That's high-culture in Baglan.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 16:51 - Sep 6 with 1471 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 16:06 - Sep 6 by Lohengrin

That's high-culture in Baglan.

Be honest though it's funny as f*ck.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 16:59 - Sep 6 with 1460 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 16:51 - Sep 6 by Darran

Be honest though it's funny as f*ck.

Plenty of follow through on these...

Very unusual

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 17:57 - Sep 6 with 1431 viewsperchrockjack

Plenty thought manning was the dogs bollocks to comedy until it became unfashionable.

Like chubby brown ,gratuitous serious language ,openly racist,sexist ,homophobic.

He meant everything as a joke and told us all to lighten up and get a sense of humour.

Seems strange now Bernard in burning hell.

Twin town ,to many outside this sight ,was cringe worthy.

Swansea again

Hope you realise what you ve done here gowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 18:50 - Sep 6 with 1396 viewsStarsky

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 14:52 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

Daily...daily?

Come on Starks

Can he

Neither can you

Capiche

It is daily... Just on this thread.

My brother in law has MS.

I'm certainly not using this 'debate' as a tool.

I've nearly raised £100 for Dementia, another 4 weeks to go.

If I tell you every day how crap the Wirral is, will you give me £100 towards my charity?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 18:51]

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 18:54 - Sep 6 with 1381 viewsStarsky

We were discussing Twin Town not Bernard fecking Manning.
I see you're another one without a sense of humour.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 18:54 - Sep 6 with 1381 viewsperchrockjack

Weird logic and frankly this is getting nasty again.

Strange that innit

All along the watchtower

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024