Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 35826 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:34 - Oct 1 with 3709 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:29 - Oct 1 by A_Fans_Dad

How about a goalkeeper that won't come off his line to take that ballooned high attempt at a clearance?
Isn't that what most keepers would do?

Yep, that as well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:49 - Oct 1 with 3641 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:33 - Oct 1 by costalotta

Actually I don't know. But what I do know is, surely it couldn't be any worse? Or, perhaps they actually want to protect their investment and appoint someone who knows what their doing.

That IMO would be the shrewd move!

Yep god knows how this will work out. They couldn't just sack Huw even if they wanted to presumably. They'd have to buy him out, assuming they could raise the cash. All a bit meh right now.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:52 - Oct 1 with 3631 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:49 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

Yep god knows how this will work out. They couldn't just sack Huw even if they wanted to presumably. They'd have to buy him out, assuming they could raise the cash. All a bit meh right now.

Why would they have to buy him out?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:54 - Oct 1 with 3617 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:52 - Oct 1 by Darran

Shareholder isn't he?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 3608 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:52 - Oct 1 by Darran

They wouldn't. We don't know what the conditions of the share sale were mind you....or what his contract says...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 1 with 3601 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:49 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

I bet they can you know. They own the majority in the club and can remove him from his employed position, if indeed he has one. If not, then whats to stop then asking him to leave?

He'd just be a minority shareholder with less shares than the trust!
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 1 with 3561 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 1 by costalotta

I bet they can you know. They own the majority in the club and can remove him from his employed position, if indeed he has one. If not, then whats to stop then asking him to leave?

He'd just be a minority shareholder with less shares than the trust!

I don't know how it would work, but i suppose the American's call the shots. Can't see Huw going quiety either. Who knows?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 1 with 3553 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:54 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

Shareholder isn't he?

Irrelevant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 1 with 3528 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

I don't know how it would work, but i suppose the American's call the shots. Can't see Huw going quiety either. Who knows?

If it does happen will there be many who care how he handles it? It wouldn't surprise me though, if he did scream, shout and kick. I do not know the man but 'm quiet sure he believes in his own legend. Who cares!
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 1 with 3520 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 1 by Darran

Irrelevant.

I'm beginning to think that it would be best if Huw stays in post. Not because he's any good, far from it, but because the alternative could be totally disastrous - an American DoF possibly? Jobs for the compatriots and all that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:17 - Oct 1 with 3476 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:26 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

You think the asset-stripping Mericans will do a better job? From Over there, with no clue about football, er I mean soccer? Villa in the making if that happens imo.

No but they could employ someone else who could do a better job
The damage he has done to the club over the last few years is shocking.
And is certainly more culpable than anybody else at the club.
Couple that with the contempt that was shown to the trust its just not on.
But some seem ok with that.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 1 with 3472 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 1 by union_jack

I'm beginning to think that it would be best if Huw stays in post. Not because he's any good, far from it, but because the alternative could be totally disastrous - an American DoF possibly? Jobs for the compatriots and all that.

Oh god no. Something need to change and if we want another pointless transfer window then I suppose he stays. For me, if there is any thought of him going we need it to happen sooner than later. If we are going to back a manager i'd suggest we start now. Start planning for January and give it a go.

I for one do not think he deserves another chance to spend money on behalf of the club I support. It worked once, but stopped some time ago and as a club that doenst have much we cannot go on paying for his mistakes whether on buying players or paying off managers he's appointed. If FG goes it will be a disgrace givem all that has happened. But it will be another payoff. How many is that in a row... 3 in 3 years?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 19:39 - Oct 1 with 3170 viewsSmellyplumz

Still gutted

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 1 with 2991 viewsphact0rri

We deserved something out of this match... painful. More so if the yanks give the don the boot after the last two weeks of work ethic and drive. Consistency in performance and I don't think we'll have any trouble staying above the line come may.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 1 with 2935 viewsSwanseatillIdie

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 1 by phact0rri

We deserved something out of this match... painful. More so if the yanks give the don the boot after the last two weeks of work ethic and drive. Consistency in performance and I don't think we'll have any trouble staying above the line come may.

FG is alright. He is good for us. Needs to stay at least until December./ You can tell he has the right attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024