Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 37253 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 1 with 2065 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:22 - Oct 1 by TheKirkyLife

Barrow goes down as contender for worst substitute this season. Totally and utterly clueless. We self destructed from a great position and it's going to cost the manager his job.

Cheers guys, bloody good job.

You obviously do not have a clue.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 2051 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:28 - Oct 1 by dobjack2

Would you have kept Leon and routledge on then?

i'm refering to how well they played, they were the right subs but they were fecking hopeless when they came on

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 2042 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 1 by jackrabbit

Totally agree. We had opportunities to score and they were not taken. Can't argue with the penalty, for the second week running. Almost a carbon copy of the situation leading to that penalty last week. Barrow was poor today in everything he did. He is normally better than that. To sum the game up, I suppose you have to say Swans played well for the first 45 but didn't take their chances, Liverpool played very well for the second 45 and did take enough of their chances. Van der Hoorn will have nightmares about that miss at the end. I had forecast 2-2 and I should have been right.

Barrow was poor, amat totally messed up for the first goal

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 2026 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:25 - Oct 1 by Cooperman

But it was a pen.

To wrestle a player to the ground in your own box in front of the ref is a penalty.

Wtf was Rangel thinking ...he let us down badly there.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 2019 viewsTheKirkyLife

Before we all go into meltdown mode though I'd actually love to give Jay Fulton the huge amount of credit he deserves once again. Made an instant impact into the game and was making plenty of great runs. Doesn't matter if we're Prem or Championship next year - I feel he has a big future with us.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:33 - Oct 1 with 2006 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:29 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

Just feel sick after that

It's not the losing that gets you - it's the hope! Plenty to be positive about as long as the ownership isn't going to be silly

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:33 - Oct 1 with 1987 viewsicecoldjack

Fookin gutted. If anyone wants to know why routs starts then look at barrow in this game. FG is fookd if he starts him and fookd if he don't . Hope people can now see why he goes defensive , it's because there is a a serious lack of options.

Anyway, if FG gets the sack after that then we don't deserve prem football. He and in fairness the players tried their hardest and we can't ask for any more.

We created clear as fook chances but blew them all, the ref give every 50/50 to them and we shot ourselves in the foot with some Sunday league defending by rangel and barrow.

I thought our fans were superb in singing out for the manager, keep playing the same way with the high press and we will do ok no problem, sack the manager for some tw@t like giggs and it's bye bye prem league.

Very heartened despite being devasted by the end result.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:33 - Oct 1 with 1987 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 by Lord_Bony

To wrestle a player to the ground in your own box in front of the ref is a penalty.

Agreed, cost us the game has Rangel

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:35 - Oct 1 with 1945 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:11 - Oct 1 by union_jack

At least the commentators are happy.

Turned my volume off at HT.

Sky commentary patronising and nauseating from both commentator and pundit. BBC R5L not much better
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:35 - Oct 1 with 1937 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

Barrow was poor, amat totally messed up for the first goal

Britton totally messed up for the first goal.......by giving away the free kick.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:36 - Oct 1 with 1920 viewsKGriz16

Wow. First half was fantastic, second half a lot of players went missing. Full backs did well today I thought apart from Rangel's penalty give away (2 in 2 games now penalties conceded by players, that's a worry). Good to finally see a settled back four. Midfielders were appalling today. As soon as Leon went off it all went to pot. Leroy Fer, who I have defended on this site, from the 50th minute went missing, he jogged around the pitch and consistently let his man run passed him. We may as well have had 10 men on the pitch when Ki came on. Very poor. Wants to look the big man being substituted at Southampton well how about putting in a performance for once. Barrow showed his inexperience today. Very poor. Boston should have buried his chances. And VDH how do you miss that?

It will be a shame if FG goes, but I think that's the way it's going to go. Huw needs to go as well either that or an experienced DoF needs to be put in charge.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:37 - Oct 1 with 1897 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 by Lord_Bony

He shouldn't even have been put in that position. 2 big looping balls on edge of 6 yards box are the keepers any day of the week. Or deal with the first clearance. Fcuk ups all round there.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:37 - Oct 1 with 1895 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I do not get the "Barrow bashing", he was the only one getting the ball in to the box or creating the chances to get it in there.
The other side of the field was so poor everything had to go through him.
The failed clearance by Barrow & Rangel was down to Fab not coming to get the skyed ball, he had plenty of time and just stood rooted to his line.
He must start commanding his box. Bloody poor coaching.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:37 - Oct 1 with 1890 viewsFatherJack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

Rangel pushed him simple as that, you can't do that.

Ah right I see, I was so focused on the tangle of feet looking for a trip that I missed Rangel's push. I thought Firmino had just lost balance and fallen forward.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:38 - Oct 1 with 1847 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:37 - Oct 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I do not get the "Barrow bashing", he was the only one getting the ball in to the box or creating the chances to get it in there.
The failed clearance by Barrow & Rangel was down to Fab not coming to get the skyed ball, he had plenty of time and just stood rooted to his line.

he was hopeless, constantly gave the ball away, offered nothing either end of the pitch bar the last 2 mins.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:40 - Oct 1 with 1810 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:37 - Oct 1 by A_Fans_Dad

He was awful. Anyone that thinks he's a better player than Routledge isn't watching.

Absolutely gutted - how on earth did VDH miss that at the end.

Gutted.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:40 - Oct 1 with 1798 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:17 - Oct 1 by snork44

I f*cking hate the bin dippers! But the self entitlement loving scoucers will say that they were on top all the time.

The trouble is they were for 49 minutes in the second half.

We didn't play and the inevitable happened.

Guidolin needs support in the form of investment (remember the promise) so that he can have a bigger pool of quality players that will take us to the fabled land of mid table mediocrity
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:41 - Oct 1 with 1781 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:40 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

He was awful. Anyone that thinks he's a better player than Routledge isn't watching.

Absolutely gutted - how on earth did VDH miss that at the end.

Gutted.

Routeledge is awful, not saying Barrow s any better but Wayne was poor.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:42 - Oct 1 with 1752 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:41 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

thats our problem, routs is crap, mo is very cold or lukewarm, jeff the same. we lack good wingers

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:43 - Oct 1 with 1734 viewsDrizzy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:32 - Oct 1 by TheKirkyLife

Before we all go into meltdown mode though I'd actually love to give Jay Fulton the huge amount of credit he deserves once again. Made an instant impact into the game and was making plenty of great runs. Doesn't matter if we're Prem or Championship next year - I feel he has a big future with us.

Christ.

He made one decent tackle.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:44 - Oct 1 with 1726 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:41 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

Just not true. Routledge came away with the ball on several occasions - he's certainly not the best, but he was a damn sight better than Barrow who was terrible.

No way does Routs slice that ball in the box that leads to the penalty.

When a barrow can't do a man for pace he is a waste of space - same as Montero.

We were in desperate need of a new wide player this window and we didn't get one.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:45 - Oct 1 with 1704 viewsDrizzy

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:38 - Oct 1 by shandyjack

he was hopeless, constantly gave the ball away, offered nothing either end of the pitch bar the last 2 mins.

He was also double or triple teamed every time he had the ball out wide and still dug out a couple of okay crosses. Nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 1682 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:44 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Just not true. Routledge came away with the ball on several occasions - he's certainly not the best, but he was a damn sight better than Barrow who was terrible.

We were in desperate need of a new wide player this window and we didn't get one.

Desperate for two wingers and a couple of midfielders imo

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:47 - Oct 1 with 1668 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:44 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

In the eyes of 'the management' that new wide player is Nathan Dyer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:48 - Oct 1 with 1643 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:46 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

Desperate for two wingers and a couple of midfielders imo

I agree with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024