Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 35827 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 2595 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 08:26 - Oct 1 by Whiterockin

I want us to win this match more than any in recent seasons. If only to ram it down the throat of the board who have acted so unprofessionally over the Guidolin situation.

The three points would be handy as well. 2-1 win for us.

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 2559 viewsymaohyd

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:26 - Oct 1 by monmouth

I hope that it's a wider view in the round of everything that is happening behind the scenes and on the pitch in general that decides the manager's fate, not the result of one game.

Otherwise we really have lost the plot. What if we fluke a win today like Burnley did? (Burnley 2 shots on target, Liverpool 200 or something ridiculous anyway). What then? His future is dependent on winning every single game from now on? That approach is ridiculous.

If the players are now broadly settled, and the performance and commitment is there, unless there is a clearly proven better option available (and that's not fecking Giggs or Bradley) thenwe should leave well alone.

Assuming there is nothing disastrous going on behind the scenes, the target should obviously be something like 19/20 points by Christmas, continued trends of improvement in performance and no surrenders like at Southampton and Leicester.

No...That's the nature of football, that's what makes it exciting. I prefer rugby as a sport, but come on, the pro 12, as exciting as ditch water.

Freeze frame Monks block against Reading, was it 3-2 at the time? Half a second late on the block, arguably history is rewritten.

BUT, he made it, we go up 4-2 and have spent 6 seasons in the Prem. All that football played that season, thousands of minutes almost came down to one pivotal moment in time, a guy fighting for all he was worth, gave that extra 5% and makes the difference.

The 'wider' picture as you say has already been painted. Poor football last season, a few wins that had mitigating factors alongside them and this season, generally crap.

So you have to draw the line somewhere. Flukey last minute winner today and absolutely, he gets a reprieve, fine, fine margins, to repeat, 6 years of investment, hundreds of millions, earned, spent, based on a block!

That's how football works.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 1 with 2458 viewsPozuelosSideys

Who comes up with these sh1t kick off times. W@nkers.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 2346 viewsdailew

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:31 - Oct 1 with 2337 viewsgrfn

meh.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 11:36]
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:34 - Oct 1 with 2301 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:30 - Oct 1 by dailew

Wow! Llorente isn't even on the bench? If Borja comes off after 65 minutes, who takes his place?

By the way, what's the weather like at the moment - raining?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 11:34]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:35 - Oct 1 with 2281 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:34 - Oct 1 by Glyn1

Wow! Llorente isn't even on the bench? If Borja comes off after 65 minutes, who takes his place?

By the way, what's the weather like at the moment - raining?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 11:34]

Llorente has a rib injury apparently. Oli Mac on the bench.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 2240 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:35 - Oct 1 by Dr_Winston

Llorente has a rib injury apparently. Oli Mac on the bench.

Was he cage fighting with Leon again?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:45 - Oct 1 with 2168 viewsElward

Just spotted Roy Hodgson
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:47 - Oct 1 with 2147 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:45 - Oct 1 by Elward

Just spotted Roy Hodgson

Just when you thought it couldn't get any fûcking worse...
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:51 - Oct 1 with 2100 viewsElward

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:47 - Oct 1 by WarwickHunt

Was stood looking out at the pitch by the tunnel where the directors sit, was there for about 2 minutes
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:06 - Oct 1 with 1945 viewsJohnw102

Lot of red shirts in the home stands. Will the Stewards earn their money?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 1914 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:47 - Oct 1 by WarwickHunt

Haha

Christ there I absolutely no pace in the side - whether that matters or not I suppose remains to be seen...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:14 - Oct 1 with 1857 viewsepaul

Apparently no backing of the manager in the chairman's notes in the programme today

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:17 - Oct 1 with 1821 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Apparently the weather vane on the trust trailer is pointing toward the director's box.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:20 - Oct 1 with 1800 viewsjackjackjackjack

Never seen Francesco as miserable as he was in that interview.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:30 - Oct 1 with 1707 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:33 - Oct 1 with 1687 viewsKulusBeatFactory

cork neednt have pressed into borja's space there - let lallana thru
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:34 - Oct 1 with 1682 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why on earth would they be down there before a match?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:35 - Oct 1 with 1674 viewsKulusBeatFactory

shoulda scored borja !
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:37 - Oct 1 with 1656 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Got a sense Llorente would have buried that header. Good start though

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 1629 viewsepaul

Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss great start

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 1629 viewsdailew

Fer again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 1624 viewsSmellyplumz

GET IT YOU

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 1622 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Excellent corner be header from Bojan. Great commitment. We look like we have a plan!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024