Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ 17:18 - Oct 19 with 5373 viewsSwansTrust

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/19/trust-call-on-fans-to-back-bob-and-the-bo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:22 - Oct 19 with 2969 viewsoldcob

Shouldn't really need saying, should it? Of course we'll get behind the boys on a match day, even the moaners.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 2954 viewslondonlisa2001

Not sure I would agree with the inherent suggestion that any Swans supporters have done anything other than back the team and the manager to be honest.

Rather feeds into the agenda that's been pushed from the other side of the pond that people's disgruntlement has something to do with the manager. Never mind - makes it easy for the same people that have been criticising Swans supporters to point out that even the Supporters Trust are finding it necessary to ask people to support their own team. Shame.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:26 - Oct 19 with 2937 viewsjackjackjackjack

Don't want to turn into another Newcastle where the fans are against manager and board.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:28 - Oct 19 with 2926 viewsDarran

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:24 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

Not sure I would agree with the inherent suggestion that any Swans supporters have done anything other than back the team and the manager to be honest.

Rather feeds into the agenda that's been pushed from the other side of the pond that people's disgruntlement has something to do with the manager. Never mind - makes it easy for the same people that have been criticising Swans supporters to point out that even the Supporters Trust are finding it necessary to ask people to support their own team. Shame.

You wouldn't think that reading some of the posts on here though Lisa,I not only hope we win but I hope we wreck them with a good performance and several goals so we won't see certain posters on here next week.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:44 - Oct 19 with 2873 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:28 - Oct 19 by Darran

You wouldn't think that reading some of the posts on here though Lisa,I not only hope we win but I hope we wreck them with a good performance and several goals so we won't see certain posters on here next week.

I've seen posts criticising the board Darran. I've seen posts criticising the background of Bradley (not nationality by the way) and wondering why he was selected over all others. I've seen posts criticising the treatment of Guidolin.

I've seen posts criticising the team selection (well, FF and Taylor). I haven't seen a single post that has expressed anything but absolute and total support for the team on match day.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:44 - Oct 19 with 2872 viewsdobjack2

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:24 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

I just see a bit of PR to say that the trust (and through them the fans) back the manager and team and that any issues are with the owners. If anything an attempt to refute the insinuations coming from some on the other side of the pond without making a big thing of them.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:47 - Oct 19 with 2856 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:44 - Oct 19 by dobjack2

I just see a bit of PR to say that the trust (and through them the fans) back the manager and team and that any issues are with the owners. If anything an attempt to refute the insinuations coming from some on the other side of the pond without making a big thing of them.

"Trust call on fans to back Bob and the boys" is an insinuation that they are not at present.

I understand the thinking behind it, but it (inadvertently) supports the positions that have been taken this week that Swans fans are not properly supporting the team.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:09 - Oct 19 with 2785 viewsWxmJax

The only fans that weren't behind Bob and the boys at The Emirates were the six Arsenal fans who got ejected after the first goal.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 2741 viewsdobjack2

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 17:47 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

"Trust call on fans to back Bob and the boys" is an insinuation that they are not at present.

I understand the thinking behind it, but it (inadvertently) supports the positions that have been taken this week that Swans fans are not properly supporting the team.

See where you are coming from, but it all depends on whether it can be made to fit the agenda or whether the agenda changes in any way.

If the owners are looking for sponsorship/revenue streams in the states a perceived anti USA fan base would not help. The easiest way to make this aspect of the story go away would be for them to change their ways.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:46 - Oct 19 with 2652 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I can see your point of view here, but I think it might be worth the Trust explicitly distinguishing between ownership and team management before they take action which could be seen as discriminatory...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 2650 viewslonglostjack

It'll be interesting to see how a call for Swans fans to support the manager and team will be spun in the US media. Let's see if they twist it to fit their narrative. If they do, and the Board does nothing to contradict it, then the Trust may as well give up hoping for a meaningful dialogue.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 19:12]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:27 - Oct 19 with 2606 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:46 - Oct 19 by NeiltheTaylor

I can see your point of view here, but I think it might be worth the Trust explicitly distinguishing between ownership and team management before they take action which could be seen as discriminatory...

That's a very fair point. Perhaps it is the start of things to come.
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:30 - Oct 19 with 2600 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't think the timing of this is a coincidence, given the fans' forum tomorrow.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 2571 viewsmonmouth

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 18:47 - Oct 19 by longlostjack

It'll be interesting to see how a call for Swans fans to support the manager and team will be spun in the US media. Let's see if they twist it to fit their narrative. If they do, and the Board does nothing to contradict it, then the Trust may as well give up hoping for a meaningful dialogue.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 19:12]

I'm speculating here, but as early as tomorrow I think you may find that ship has sailed.

Like Mr N. T. Taylor I see it as a positioning statement, definitely. Remind everyone that the team and manager is being supported by the Trust before laying into past and current turds...sorry, board members. Still speculating.

Everything might be peachy in the governance garden.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:38 - Oct 19 with 2554 viewsDafyddHuw

Why wouldn't fans back Bob and the boys?

It's like saying "Don't forget to breathe in and out".
Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:40 - Oct 19 with 2541 viewsshandyjack

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:30 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think the timing of this is a coincidence, given the fans' forum tomorrow.

whose attending this on behalf of the club?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 2533 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:40 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

Nobody. Well apart from Huw Cooze.

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 2530 viewsmorningstar

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:40 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

Nice one, i like it!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:43 - Oct 19 with 2515 viewsshandyjack

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:41 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Nobody. Well apart from Huw Cooze.

what a surprise, couldn't keep them away from the fans forum when club was doing well and they wanted to lap up the adulation

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:44 - Oct 19 with 2507 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:43 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

what a surprise, couldn't keep them away from the fans forum when club was doing well and they wanted to lap up the adulation

I'm not sure the club was invited this time round...

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:45 - Oct 19 with 2500 viewsshandyjack

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:44 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

ah ok,i'll let them off then

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:52 - Oct 19 with 2478 viewslonglostjack

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:35 - Oct 19 by monmouth

I'm speculating here, but as early as tomorrow I think you may find that ship has sailed.

Like Mr N. T. Taylor I see it as a positioning statement, definitely. Remind everyone that the team and manager is being supported by the Trust before laying into past and current turds...sorry, board members. Still speculating.

Everything might be peachy in the governance garden.

Never underestimate a pig I say - who knows?
"Revenge is best that walks with feet of lead, but when the time shall come, strikes with a hand of iron."

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 20:00 - Oct 19 with 2441 viewsUxbridge

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 19:44 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed they weren't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 20:01 - Oct 19 with 2433 viewsshandyjack

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 20:00 - Oct 19 by Uxbridge

Indeed they weren't.

any reasons why? or is it just a trust only forum?

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 20:08 - Oct 19 with 2403 viewsmonmouth

Trust call on fans to ‘back Bob and the Boys’ on 20:01 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

any reasons why? or is it just a trust only forum?

Come on mun Shandy. What might be the purpose of a short notice meeting at this time, given what's been going on?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024