Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 15:44 - Oct 22 with 5551 viewsDyfnant

Seriously... what does he offer*
*please make me eat my words 2nd half

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Routledge on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 2615 viewsAl_Bundy

Offers nothing

Delivers less

Management favourite ....

Staggering..
Routledge on 15:46 - Oct 22 with 2602 viewsperchrockjack

And one given a long term contract.

Incredible.

Absolute shyte player

Sadly little option today

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Routledge on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 2586 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Nice ball in for what should have been a chance if we had more runners

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Routledge on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 2562 viewsWarwickHunt

Our recruitment policy in microcosm.

Barely a squad player two seasons ago. Still first choice...
Routledge on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 2556 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge on 15:49 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Nice ball in for what should have been a chance if we had more runners

Only if one of them was Usain Fûcking Bolt...
Routledge on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 2547 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Routledge on 15:52 - Oct 22 by WarwickHunt

Only if one of them was Usain Fûcking Bolt...

Ball was perfect weight. Not much else he could do

Routledge on 16:03 - Oct 22 with 2498 viewsRancid

Times up for Wayne.Lost his speed off the mark and his final ball is woeful.Lats hope some dull hole club will come in for him.CCFC be perfect.They love him down there.2m and he's theirs.
Routledge on 16:12 - Oct 22 with 2470 viewsCooperman

Routledge on 15:45 - Oct 22 by Al_Bundy

Offers nothing

Delivers less

Management favourite ....

Staggering..

But the management has changed, so explain that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 2454 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Goal saving defending there...

Routledge on 16:20 - Oct 22 with 2443 viewsMrSwerve

Routledge on 16:12 - Oct 22 by Cooperman

But the management has changed, so explain that.

Init, ffs.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Routledge on 16:26 - Oct 22 with 2411 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Nice angled run and weighted pass before he was hooked there. No where near the worst midfielder today

Routledge on 16:30 - Oct 22 with 2407 viewsMrSwerve

Routledge on 16:26 - Oct 22 by NeiltheTaylor

Nice angled run and weighted pass before he was hooked there. No where near the worst midfielder today

He's always the escaped goat.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Routledge on 16:54 - Oct 22 with 2353 viewsrossshaw

He's all we've got. Take it or leave it, bytt

Trundle could still do a job..

Routledge on 16:56 - Oct 22 with 2338 viewsmidswan

Routledge on 16:54 - Oct 22 by rossshaw

He's all we've got. Take it or leave it, bytt

nice avatar pic, thought it was Routs for a minute....
Routledge on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 2112 viewsJango

At his current standard he's probably the worst left winger I've ever seen in the premier league. Absolutely abysmal everytime he's played for the last year
Routledge on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 2062 viewsjack247

Routledge on 16:03 - Oct 22 by Rancid

Times up for Wayne.Lost his speed off the mark and his final ball is woeful.Lats hope some dull hole club will come in for him.CCFC be perfect.They love him down there.2m and he's theirs.

It's not about losing pace, it's about not being suited to the way we play. Routledges 'speed' is due to timing his runs rather than actual pace. No use when others aren't playing him through or making the right runs for him. Ask him to beat a fullback one on one and get a cross in and he is going to struggle. He would have looked shit in this team 5 years ago.
Routledge on 19:22 - Oct 22 with 2011 viewsDarran

People keep saying we can't pick anyone else because Dyer and Montero are injured but id pick someone from the under 23s before I'd pick Routledge.
I started a thread on here after the Hull game about Routledge and got slaughtered by the usual experts like icecoldjack because I know nothing about football see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 19:23 - Oct 22 with 2010 viewsWhiterockin

Strange how so many who think they know about football criticise Routledge, yet every manger who comes here plays him. Perhaps the critics do not know as much about football as they think, but then again every professional manager we have could be wrong.
Routledge on 19:24 - Oct 22 with 1996 viewsDarran

Routledge on 19:23 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

Strange how so many who think they know about football criticise Routledge, yet every manger who comes here plays him. Perhaps the critics do not know as much about football as they think, but then again every professional manager we have could be wrong.

He's crap,he's been crap for the last few seasons and he was crap again today.

Routledge on 19:25 - Oct 22 with 1985 viewsmidswan

Routledge on 19:06 - Oct 22 by jack247

It's not about losing pace, it's about not being suited to the way we play. Routledges 'speed' is due to timing his runs rather than actual pace. No use when others aren't playing him through or making the right runs for him. Ask him to beat a fullback one on one and get a cross in and he is going to struggle. He would have looked shit in this team 5 years ago.

Aha ! a fan who actually watches football and apparently understands it. Routs (and hes not alone here ) definately benefits from a team playing a quick passing game and movement, this is not how we have played for quite some time now but then surely everyone agrees on that ?
Routledge on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 1942 viewsRancid

Routledge on 19:06 - Oct 22 by jack247

No mate, over 3 or 4 yards his little legs would beat any defender standing still.They'd catch him eventually but he's usually distributed it wisely by the time they'd caught up with him.He now struggles to beat them over those 3 or 4 yards, whether they're standing off him more to give themselves a chance, something a defender worth his salt, unlike Callum Chambers up against Montero and Barrow last week failed to do might be the reason.His pace over the first few yards was always his forte but he's either losing it with age or defenders are wising up to what his choice with the ball might be.I'm guessing he's losing that yard of pace and then not having the time to pick out the ball he 's trying to achieve as he's under pressure from his marker.We need to upgrade on him and this new contract just like Dyer's screams of Championship football.
Routledge on 19:41 - Oct 22 with 1920 viewsMurph75

Routledge on 19:24 - Oct 22 by Darran

He's crap,he's been crap for the last few seasons and he was crap again today.

I think you're being kind to him.

Today he was f*cking dreadful. Can't wait for Jeff to get fit.
Routledge on 19:42 - Oct 22 with 1917 viewsvetchonian

Who do we play instead.? Yes he has lost some pace but still puts a shift in.
The fact he is still first choice is down to our poor recruiting over the last few seasons.
He was note worst player on the pitch by a long chalk today....Gylfi makes mistakes ...he is always trying little back flicks which don't always work and gives away possession but he never gets slated but he is a skilful player as is Routs but now he is getting beyond his prime

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Routledge on 19:49 - Oct 22 with 1887 viewsjack247

Routledge on 19:38 - Oct 22 by Rancid

No mate, over 3 or 4 yards his little legs would beat any defender standing still.They'd catch him eventually but he's usually distributed it wisely by the time they'd caught up with him.He now struggles to beat them over those 3 or 4 yards, whether they're standing off him more to give themselves a chance, something a defender worth his salt, unlike Callum Chambers up against Montero and Barrow last week failed to do might be the reason.His pace over the first few yards was always his forte but he's either losing it with age or defenders are wising up to what his choice with the ball might be.I'm guessing he's losing that yard of pace and then not having the time to pick out the ball he 's trying to achieve as he's under pressure from his marker.We need to upgrade on him and this new contract just like Dyer's screams of Championship football.

I'm not disputing that he has lost a yard of pace. It's not the reason he is struggling though. Put Ayew (for example) in that team and both Routledge and Siggy would look a lot better. His forte has always been his speed of thought. That is still there, but it's useless if he doesn't have teammates on the same wavelength. There was a great example in the first half where Siggy played a superb ball to put him through on the edge of the box, he played what would have been an equally good ball across the face of goal, which should have been a tap in for Baston. Baston didn't read what he was going to do and came short, making it look like a crap ball. Not Bastons fault, just players on different wavelengths.

Agree we have to upgrade on him, but that goes for 6 or 7 of our starting eleven unfortunately.
Routledge on 19:58 - Oct 22 with 1850 viewsDarran

Routledge on 19:42 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

Who do we play instead.? Yes he has lost some pace but still puts a shift in.
The fact he is still first choice is down to our poor recruiting over the last few seasons.
He was note worst player on the pitch by a long chalk today....Gylfi makes mistakes ...he is always trying little back flicks which don't always work and gives away possession but he never gets slated but he is a skilful player as is Routs but now he is getting beyond his prime

I've answered that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024