Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 15:44 - Oct 22 with 5553 viewsDyfnant

Seriously... what does he offer*
*please make me eat my words 2nd half

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Routledge on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 622 viewsjack247

Routledge on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course and I agree 100%. No room for sentimentality in football at this level . But I can't see us replacing him in January can you?

Nope. Potentially with Dyer or Montero, but I can't see us splashing out much in the window unless we are in danger of being cut adrift.
Routledge on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 618 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 10:47 - Oct 23 by jack247

Nope. Potentially with Dyer or Montero, but I can't see us splashing out much in the window unless we are in danger of being cut adrift.

If people think Routs is innefective wait til Nathan "four year contract Dyer" gets out there. And that's not being mean, I love the little fella. But if Dyer is the answer the question is beyond us

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 10:52 - Oct 23 with 612 viewsjack247

Routledge on 10:50 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

If people think Routs is innefective wait til Nathan "four year contract Dyer" gets out there. And that's not being mean, I love the little fella. But if Dyer is the answer the question is beyond us

It's either that, play Montero, marvel at his 3 or 4 good runs every game and then slate whoever plays left back for us for having a nightmare.

You are right though, we just don't have the right players. Dyer will suffer from the same problem as Routledge.
Routledge on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 612 viewsperchrockjack

Dyer s contract beggars belief. I'm sure Bob would have got rid. Doubt Frankie was bothered.

This weakness in management is what s been killing us.

Rangel,dyer,rout ledge,Taylor,ki, all should have been offloaded

But we are where we are

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Routledge on 10:56 - Oct 23 with 602 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 10:53 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Dyer s contract beggars belief. I'm sure Bob would have got rid. Doubt Frankie was bothered.

But we are where we are

Frankie had the sword of Damocles hanging over his head the day the takeover was signed. Nothing to do with him being weak. A weak man would have kept us up last season.

Routledge on 10:57 - Oct 23 with 600 viewsjack247

Routledge on 10:53 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

But we are where we are

I don't think it's Guidolin you need to blame for the state of our playing squad.

I agree with your overall point though. None of those players should really be in the first team. Arguably some of them shouldn't be at the club
Routledge on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 594 viewsjackportis

No thanks move on.. Go to Leeds or something

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Routledge on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 583 viewsJango

Routledge on 10:40 - Oct 23 by jack247

He would still be decent if we played to his strengths, as he was towards the end of last season linkImg with Ayew, Paloschi and Siggy.

As others have said though, the way we play now he doesn't offer much going forward. Protecting his full back is his biggest contribution. It should be a case of either replace him or play to his strengths.

Let's play to the strengths of a winger who's never scored more or assisted more than
3 or 4 goals in a season. You'd swear he's a world beater when used correctly when the truth is he can't even control the ball or make simple 5 yard pass at the moment. That's nothing to do with how we play it's everything to do with him not being of premier league standard and hasn't for a couple of years
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 11:19 - Oct 23 with 562 viewsjack247

Routledge on 11:05 - Oct 23 by Jango

Let's play to the strengths of a winger who's never scored more or assisted more than
3 or 4 goals in a season. You'd swear he's a world beater when used correctly when the truth is he can't even control the ball or make simple 5 yard pass at the moment. That's nothing to do with how we play it's everything to do with him not being of premier league standard and hasn't for a couple of years

Yeah, I forgot about the prolific wingers he is keeping out of the team. Let's play them instead.
Routledge on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 554 viewsperchrockjack

I say weak ,gentlemen, as any manager worth his salt would have walked and he d be right to have done so.

He managed a team but had no part in buying or selling. What manager is that

Routledge on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 551 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge on 11:27 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

I say weak ,gentlemen, as any manager worth his salt would have walked and he d be right to have done so.

A coach.
Routledge on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 541 viewsperchrockjack

Two word answer.

Routledge on 11:38 - Oct 23 with 535 viewsjack247

Routledge on 11:27 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

You think he should have walked out on his contract because the board were shit in the transfer window?
Routledge on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 535 viewsunion_jack

Routledge on 11:05 - Oct 23 by Jango

It's as much to do with lack of confidence as it is ability.

Not many, if any are playing with any sort of confidence at the moment.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Routledge on 11:45 - Oct 23 with 523 viewsdobjack2

Routledge on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course and I agree 100%. No room for sentimentality in football at this level . But I can't see us replacing him in January can you?

The chadli/ziyech/Valencia fiasco was all about getting someone in on the left. It appeared that the need for an upgrade had been identified but until the last minute wasn't considered serious enough for us to spend the money required to get one of the players we had scouted.

I think that we will look to strengthen that position in January but it won't be easy especially if we are in trouble.
Routledge on 11:47 - Oct 23 with 519 viewsjack247

Routledge on 11:45 - Oct 23 by dobjack2

The chadli/ziyech/Valencia fiasco was all about getting someone in on the left. It appeared that the need for an upgrade had been identified but until the last minute wasn't considered serious enough for us to spend the money required to get one of the players we had scouted.

I think that we will look to strengthen that position in January but it won't be easy especially if we are in trouble.

Definitely. Any of the, would have been an upgrade on Routledge or Montero
Routledge on 11:48 - Oct 23 with 518 viewsRancid

He's too old to learn new tricks now and is on a downward spiral.No coaching could improve his performances now.We need to upgrade when we can.It's not such a bad thing him having a contract as prospective clubs who may be interested in him might think that as we've just given him a contrat he must still have something left in the tank ala Dyer who also needs shipping out unless its the Championship we're planning for.
Routledge on 11:51 - Oct 23 with 505 viewsJango

Routledge on 11:19 - Oct 23 by jack247

Yeah, I forgot about the prolific wingers he is keeping out of the team. Let's play them instead.

When montero is fit he'll contribute far more to the team than routledge. We needed a winger that's for certain but playing him when he can't do the most basic things right anymore is holding us back. Within 1 minute I'd kick off he'd given the ball away twice yesterday, it's incredibly frustrating to watch how poor he is. Montero and barrow need to better but their strength is their pace, routledge hasn't got a strength
Routledge on 11:56 - Oct 23 with 478 viewsDyfnant

Would we have lost anything playing Fer on the left instead? I could maybe understand starting WR at home against a team that expects 3 points but not against a team looking for a clean sheet.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Routledge on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 459 viewsjack247

Routledge on 11:51 - Oct 23 by Jango

When montero is fit he'll contribute far more to the team than routledge. We needed a winger that's for certain but playing him when he can't do the most basic things right anymore is holding us back. Within 1 minute I'd kick off he'd given the ball away twice yesterday, it's incredibly frustrating to watch how poor he is. Montero and barrow need to better but their strength is their pace, routledge hasn't got a strength

He won't. He may contribute more assists, but he won't get enough for it to be a noticeable difference. He will certainly cause panic which in turn opens up gaps for other players, but he will leave us open to counters all day long. Getting one good cross in and leaving his fullback exposed three or four times is worse than doing neither.

Not arguing we don't need to upgrade on Routledge, but Montero (at least in he same team as Barrow) isn't the answer. It's why he rarely starts and when he does, Barrow doesn't.
Routledge on 12:08 - Oct 23 with 465 viewsdobjack2

Routledge on 11:56 - Oct 23 by Dyfnant

Would we have lost anything playing Fer on the left instead? I could maybe understand starting WR at home against a team that expects 3 points but not against a team looking for a clean sheet.

If anything yesterday I felt Bradley tried to get some balance into the midfield. The problem is that we have not recruited in the right way. We needed a link between gylfi and the attack and Leon and the defence but didn't get one. We identified Joe and once he went to stoke did nothing.

Playing Fer left midfield would just unbalance the team again.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 12:14]
Routledge on 12:20 - Oct 23 with 438 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The problem in the first half was plain to see. Our midfield three had Siggy playing 30 yards ahead of Ki and Leon and it was easy for Watford to fill in the gaps. Ki was clearly encouraged to get forward in the second half but I would have thought that Fer was better suited to that role. Siggy has to play so the other two places are taken by two of Leon, Ki, Cork and Fer. That, in a nutshell is a major reason why we are crap. We don't have a box to box midfield player who can link play and keep going for 90 minutes.

Stoke have one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Routledge on 12:22 - Oct 23 with 435 viewsRancid

Routledge on 12:20 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

The problem in the first half was plain to see. Our midfield three had Siggy playing 30 yards ahead of Ki and Leon and it was easy for Watford to fill in the gaps. Ki was clearly encouraged to get forward in the second half but I would have thought that Fer was better suited to that role. Siggy has to play so the other two places are taken by two of Leon, Ki, Cork and Fer. That, in a nutshell is a major reason why we are crap. We don't have a box to box midfield player who can link play and keep going for 90 minutes.

Stoke have one.

Yep that's how I saw it.Hate him or loathe him that was Shelveys role when he was here.
Routledge on 12:26 - Oct 23 with 425 viewsSmellyplumz

Stoke have one.

Spot on, our midfield is like the Mary Celeste! And when you add the fact that the wings rarely beat a man it creates a massive disconnect between front and back only over come by hoof ballz.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 12:29]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Routledge on 14:47 - Oct 23 with 362 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke have one.

Fer also carries the ball to the opposition. That draws in defenders and creates space for others. He would have got us a goal via the havoc he would have caused Watford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024