Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust selling up 14:31 - Oct 23 with 23675 viewsDarran

Why are people saying the Trust won't sell up then?

Perhaps they will who knows?

Philip?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:32]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust selling up on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 1707 viewsNOTRAC

If the Trust were made aware of the situation regarding his other emouments from the Club as they have stated, then Huw Cooze cannot be blamed for the Trust not disclosing the information properly.
Cooze is not a Dineen, and as I said , after thinking carefully about this today , should not be hung out to dry, when the real villains are the people he trusted, and one in particular.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Trust selling up on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 1707 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:41 - Oct 24 by costalotta

Oh. Sorry, to clarify the wow...

It wasn't about the printing but about the revelation. The printing questions was only to to find out why there was a delay as you alluded in your post. Not in any way loaded.

Aha oK no worries. Bit late etc. Sorry.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust selling up on 23:13 - Oct 24 with 1637 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:54 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

If the Trust were made aware of the situation regarding his other emouments from the Club as they have stated, then Huw Cooze cannot be blamed for the Trust not disclosing the information properly.
Cooze is not a Dineen, and as I said , after thinking carefully about this today , should not be hung out to dry, when the real villains are the people he trusted, and one in particular.

It's a collective responsibility, absolutely.

The Trust selling up on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 1636 viewsWingstandwood

The Trust selling up on 22:54 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

Don't worry about Huw Cooze he'll be forgotten once he has either resigned or been unceremoniously forced to. And once he's outlived his purpose? When they've used him and spat him out? Sucked him dry for all his worth and discarded him and left him to his own fate just like they did the club, SCST and SCFC supporters? They'll move onto someone or something else.

Yes Huw Cooze is going to be rather been hung out to dry but you've got to expect that, in fact the more of a distraction he is away from their own despicable ways the better it will be for them. They will only lose any sleep for themselves and themselves only. I guess most (if not all) will eventually do a runner to Spain to escape the heat and hopefully they'll become complete and utter history and stay away permanently from our beloved club.

Argus!

The Trust selling up on 23:20 - Oct 24 with 1612 viewsLandore_Jack

The club may be receiving a heavy discount from Huw's business. A win win for both parties.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 23:21]

#backtojack

The Trust selling up on 23:36 - Oct 24 with 1566 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 19:49 - Oct 24 by monmouth

As I said earlier, it's blindingly obvious he should be replaced given the events of the last six months. I really expected the answer 'no' to does he get paid. I too was under the impression it was voluntary. If it is paid, I would have probably expected a damn sight more in standing up to these jerks over the last 12 months (i.e. a professional experienced non-exec). Which leads to the next question. How much? And don't tell me it's not our business anyone, because the higher it is, the more inducement there is to play ball, whoever you are, and whatever your 'moral compass'.

That particular question has been answered in the Declaration Register at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/

The Trust selling up on 23:51 - Oct 24 with 1536 viewsmorningstar

The Trust selling up on 23:36 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

That particular question has been answered in the Declaration Register at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/

Oh hell! This thread/place is gonna go into meltdown!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 0:02]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust selling up on 23:55 - Oct 24 with 1522 viewsSwansNZ

The Trust selling up on 23:51 - Oct 24 by morningstar

Oh hell! This thread/place is gonna go into meltdown!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 0:02]

How much of the 40K is his bar bill at Morgans?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust selling up on 00:00 - Oct 25 with 1496 viewsSoberBaker

So he's been trousering 40k p/y since 2011?

AMOW

The Trust selling up on 00:02 - Oct 25 with 1481 viewsSwansNZ

The Trust selling up on 00:00 - Oct 25 by SoberBaker

So he's been trousering 40k p/y since 2011?

No, no — loss of earnings and expenses mun.

The Trust selling up on 00:04 - Oct 25 with 1470 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

I liked this bit:

"What benefits can I expect?
The satisfaction in being involved and making a difference !"
The Trust selling up on 05:26 - Oct 25 with 1353 viewsexiledclaseboy

So he's been on the payroll to the tune of around £40k per year for around six years. Previous years could be more or less than that amount, it's not specified. Come on mun, this is taking the piss.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust selling up on 05:37 - Oct 25 with 1345 viewsSwansNZ

The Trust selling up on 05:26 - Oct 25 by exiledclaseboy

So he's been on the payroll to the tune of around £40k per year for around six years. Previous years could be more or less than that amount, it's not specified. Come on mun, this is taking the piss.

It's certainly not a good look at all.

I'm sure nobody would expect him to be out of pocket, but he appears to have been coining it in.

The Trust selling up on 06:56 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsdougie

Its been made out that its a full time role at 40k. Full time role for who ?. There is no way he had a full time role at the club. So he is either paid 40k for going to board meetings or the club is paying him 40k to work on trust things. If its the first one then 40k for 12 days work assuming there is a board meet a month - tidy money. If its the second one then one can only assume that things are very close between club and SD.
The Trust selling up on 06:57 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsbarry_island

Was it more in any of the previous years?

I presume the drop in income from his other business shows a similar amount in each year?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Trust selling up on 07:46 - Oct 25 with 1249 views3swan

The Trust selling up on 06:56 - Oct 25 by dougie

Its been made out that its a full time role at 40k. Full time role for who ?. There is no way he had a full time role at the club. So he is either paid 40k for going to board meetings or the club is paying him 40k to work on trust things. If its the first one then 40k for 12 days work assuming there is a board meet a month - tidy money. If its the second one then one can only assume that things are very close between club and SD.

The situation does beg many questions but let's not cloud the issue by implying he only attended board meetings.
You only have to read the Trust board minutes to see that he did much more than that in his role for the club and not solely Trust related
The Trust selling up on 07:46 - Oct 25 with 1243 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 06:56 - Oct 25 by dougie

Oh dear. Let's hope there aren't people at the club that think that SLO, Community Trust and other non SD activities are things that the club shouldn't bother with and should leave to the Trust.

This is the argument I've got no time for. Whatever else has gone on, HC has slogged his guts out and his SD duties impacted his other business. Compare that to some other directors who I understand received payments for doing very little or under performing ones receiving large 6 figure packages, and I'd be looking there.

The Trust had a historic governance issue that it needed to address, and this is a necessary step in doing so. However if there's to be ire for directors being paid for doing very little , or overpaid, then I'd be looking elsewhere.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 7:49]

The Trust selling up on 07:49 - Oct 25 with 1237 views3swan

The Trust selling up on 07:46 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Oh dear. Let's hope there aren't people at the club that think that SLO, Community Trust and other non SD activities are things that the club shouldn't bother with and should leave to the Trust.

This is the argument I've got no time for. Whatever else has gone on, HC has slogged his guts out and his SD duties impacted his other business. Compare that to some other directors who I understand received payments for doing very little or under performing ones receiving large 6 figure packages, and I'd be looking there.

The Trust had a historic governance issue that it needed to address, and this is a necessary step in doing so. However if there's to be ire for directors being paid for doing very little , or overpaid, then I'd be looking elsewhere.

You put it in much better detail then me

The Trust selling up on 07:54 - Oct 25 with 1224 viewsHighjack

The Trust selling up on 23:14 - Oct 24 by Wingstandwood

Don't worry about Huw Cooze he'll be forgotten once he has either resigned or been unceremoniously forced to. And once he's outlived his purpose? When they've used him and spat him out? Sucked him dry for all his worth and discarded him and left him to his own fate just like they did the club, SCST and SCFC supporters? They'll move onto someone or something else.

Yes Huw Cooze is going to be rather been hung out to dry but you've got to expect that, in fact the more of a distraction he is away from their own despicable ways the better it will be for them. They will only lose any sleep for themselves and themselves only. I guess most (if not all) will eventually do a runner to Spain to escape the heat and hopefully they'll become complete and utter history and stay away permanently from our beloved club.

They'll struggle to avoid the heat in Spain unless they have some top notch air conditioning, they'll be better off heading north.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust selling up on 08:00 - Oct 25 with 1201 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 07:49 - Oct 25 by 3swan

You put it in much better detail then me

Thanks.

It's not a good situation, I appreciate. I've been reading a lot of the comments and had gone through the same thought processes when I found out. If the Trust board didn't accept that there were issues that needed resolving, then this review, over some considerable period, would not have taken place.

However, for me, the issues mainly revolve around the lack of public discourse, and the nature of the SD role. Huw's role at the club has morphed into a full time one, partly because the club wanted it to, but partly due to Trust acquiescence. Going forward, as outlined in the CoI document, the SD role needs to be more focused on those directorship responsibilities. One challenge will be who picks up the slack.

The Trust selling up on 08:06 - Oct 25 with 1179 viewsHighjack

We have no control over the other directors who paid themselves huge salaries though.

Please understand this is not a personal criticism of the trust or the work that Huw has put in, but 40k is far far too much for him to be receiving annually. It leaves him wide open to the suggestion that he is on the gravy train with the rest of them. Chuck in the free drinks and the hospitality added to the extra business for his own company and it leaves a very bad look indeed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust selling up on 08:30 - Oct 25 with 1150 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 08:06 - Oct 25 by Highjack

We have no control over the other directors who paid themselves huge salaries though.

Please understand this is not a personal criticism of the trust or the work that Huw has put in, but 40k is far far too much for him to be receiving annually. It leaves him wide open to the suggestion that he is on the gravy train with the rest of them. Chuck in the free drinks and the hospitality added to the extra business for his own company and it leaves a very bad look indeed.

I disagree slightly. I'd like to see all directors remuneration published. Not something the Trust has pushed previously but I'd personally ike that.

The Trust selling up on 08:56 - Oct 25 with 1094 viewsmonmouth

I agree that there are some serious pigs in the trough, but I don't think that's the issue and I'm sorry I sidetracked it by asking for the amount (I'll be honest, I certainly didn't expect £40k though...and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it for his efforts...just I didn't expect it).

We need to get away from HC specifically, and back on to the independence of the SD in general. It isn't just about process, it's about perception...sometimes perception is more important than actual. he or she simply needs to be whiter than white and demonstrably whiter than white. What has been said about maximum terms, recruitment for a paid position, justification of expenses and no related party transactions is absolutely essential in my view. Plus of course (again leaving HC aside) whatever we had in place (however much you blame the lying snakes - and I do) simply has not worked, so must be changed if there is any point in having a SD at all.

Oh, and I do hope that HC himself realises he was (and hopefully is no longer) too close to these people. There is no way any SD should be 'hurt' or 'let down' as they should never have that level of trust with a small t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust selling up on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 1022 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 08:56 - Oct 25 by monmouth

I agree that there are some serious pigs in the trough, but I don't think that's the issue and I'm sorry I sidetracked it by asking for the amount (I'll be honest, I certainly didn't expect £40k though...and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it for his efforts...just I didn't expect it).

We need to get away from HC specifically, and back on to the independence of the SD in general. It isn't just about process, it's about perception...sometimes perception is more important than actual. he or she simply needs to be whiter than white and demonstrably whiter than white. What has been said about maximum terms, recruitment for a paid position, justification of expenses and no related party transactions is absolutely essential in my view. Plus of course (again leaving HC aside) whatever we had in place (however much you blame the lying snakes - and I do) simply has not worked, so must be changed if there is any point in having a SD at all.

Oh, and I do hope that HC himself realises he was (and hopefully is no longer) too close to these people. There is no way any SD should be 'hurt' or 'let down' as they should never have that level of trust with a small t.

Lots I agree with here. I agree the nature of the SD role needs to change to focus more on the director level activities. There are understandable reasons why the role morphed into what it did, firmly believe it wasn't a conscious effort to gain financially personally, but it shouldn't have happened. Difficult for me to comment on the Trust decisions at the time as it's before my 2 and a bit years on there.

I think a lot of what you point out in your post are things the sub group (which Phil and I were both part of, so sticks at the ready ) has looked at, and many are included in the documents uploaded. Whether they go as far as some people like is debateable, we've certainly debated them ad infinitum internally. On the issue of recruiting someone externally, I'm sure that would be looked at when the situation arises that there is a change of SD (and it is a when ... term limits now exist). Personally I'm not sure we're at that point ... there are a number of people on the TB that I'd view as potentially suitable. Not me though, I think anyone who does that gig must be mad.

The Trust selling up on 10:41 - Oct 25 with 997 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Cooze and the Trust do a fantastic job for the fans.
They need our support at this moment in time in relation to working with the new owners.
As I said yesterday, Huw has done more work than most of the other directors combined.

Some of the comments on this thread are sad, disappointing and just plain mean.
If there is going to be discussion, lets keep it constructive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024