Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
President Trump 03:15 - Nov 9 with 23042 viewsTummer_from_Texas

THIS could actually happen. Florida is his. Ohio too.

If he takes Michigan, it could be all over for HRC.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 20:55 - Nov 10 with 1833 viewsDarran

President Trump on 20:53 - Nov 10 by londonlisa2001

The reason I can't be bothered to argue is you commented on two posts that referenced Trump''s effect on the economy, on both occasions saying they were spot on or similar, and then when challenged about how extremely right wing they are, admitted that you knew nothing about Trump's economic policy, and, you're not interested.

So you don't think the result is fantastic for the poorer people in society, you're just thrilled because you perceive him as being someone that 'people like me' don't like. You're less bothered about the removal of universal health care, slashed taxation for the wealthiest 1% and huge corporations, and the fact that Clinton wanted to introduce free college tuition and lower taxation for the lower paid than you are about sticking it to people you don't like.

As an aside, I don't look down on anybody. I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so. You do though. And no one on this site has been more sneering than you have whenever you've referred to Brexit. And many times you've done it, you've referred to me by name.

Don't bother Lis.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

President Trump on 21:12 - Nov 10 with 1810 viewsCooperman

President Trump on 20:55 - Nov 10 by londonlisa2001

Yes, you can.

The economics of both nations work similarly enough that it's perfectly reasonable to comment.

That's absolutely correct. Stats for GDP per capita / PPP, gross income, export, HDI, public debt put the US and UK very close together in the global league tables.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

President Trump on 21:15 - Nov 10 with 1807 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 21:12 - Nov 10 by Cooperman

That's absolutely correct. Stats for GDP per capita / PPP, gross income, export, HDI, public debt put the US and UK very close together in the global league tables.

The other thing that is very sadly increasingly similar is the disparity between the wealthy and the non wealthy. That used to be very different, but there are now striking similarities, much to our shame.
President Trump on 21:24 - Nov 10 with 1794 viewsVetchitBack

President Trump on 20:53 - Nov 10 by londonlisa2001

The reason I can't be bothered to argue is you commented on two posts that referenced Trump''s effect on the economy, on both occasions saying they were spot on or similar, and then when challenged about how extremely right wing they are, admitted that you knew nothing about Trump's economic policy, and, you're not interested.

So you don't think the result is fantastic for the poorer people in society, you're just thrilled because you perceive him as being someone that 'people like me' don't like. You're less bothered about the removal of universal health care, slashed taxation for the wealthiest 1% and huge corporations, and the fact that Clinton wanted to introduce free college tuition and lower taxation for the lower paid than you are about sticking it to people you don't like.

As an aside, I don't look down on anybody. I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so. You do though. And no one on this site has been more sneering than you have whenever you've referred to Brexit. And many times you've done it, you've referred to me by name.

There's a lot more important things than money in life.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

President Trump on 21:26 - Nov 10 with 1788 viewsunion_jack

President Trump on 16:43 - Nov 10 by LeonWasGod

The way things are reported, it seems there's an issue with some white Americans across the board who think black people are "less evolved". Bonkers if true.

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-presidential-elections-racist-suppo

edit - what's a SJW?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 16:44]

Social Justice Warrior

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

President Trump on 21:27 - Nov 10 with 1787 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 21:24 - Nov 10 by VetchitBack

There's a lot more important things than money in life.

Not many things are more important to people who don't have enough money to do what others take for granted. Particularly when you're talking healthcare and education.

Once you get past that then I completely agree with you.
President Trump on 06:51 - Nov 11 with 1719 viewsTummer_from_Texas

There have, almost completely without argument, never been mass protests like this in American history over a President-elect.

And then...there is this.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-

There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton’s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

Ms. Boynton's office isn't at a grade school. Or a junior high. Or even a high school. This is the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, one of the most difficult public universities in America to get acceptance to.

Hate to sound like the grumpy old man I'm quickly becoming,. But 3 generations ago, American "kids" this exact same age spent 4 years (sorry we were a little late) fighting and dying against the Nazis and Japanese in order to help save mankind.

How the ****ing **** did we get from THAT, to ****ing colouring books and Play-Doh (which is luckily safe to eat, if I recall correctly from Kindergarten) when your candidate loses?!?!?!!

****!!!!!

Trump may manage to surprise people. But, I can't promise he won't be the disaster most people worldwide expect. FWIW, our market seems to like the near future, so far. And typically that goes down no matter who wins, just due to the uncertainty.

But in the really long run, it doesn't matter. Once the Snowflake Generation takes over, we're done.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 7:31]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 09:54 - Nov 11 with 1643 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 06:51 - Nov 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

There have, almost completely without argument, never been mass protests like this in American history over a President-elect.

And then...there is this.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-

There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton’s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

Ms. Boynton's office isn't at a grade school. Or a junior high. Or even a high school. This is the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, one of the most difficult public universities in America to get acceptance to.

Hate to sound like the grumpy old man I'm quickly becoming,. But 3 generations ago, American "kids" this exact same age spent 4 years (sorry we were a little late) fighting and dying against the Nazis and Japanese in order to help save mankind.

How the ****ing **** did we get from THAT, to ****ing colouring books and Play-Doh (which is luckily safe to eat, if I recall correctly from Kindergarten) when your candidate loses?!?!?!!

****!!!!!

Trump may manage to surprise people. But, I can't promise he won't be the disaster most people worldwide expect. FWIW, our market seems to like the near future, so far. And typically that goes down no matter who wins, just due to the uncertainty.

But in the really long run, it doesn't matter. Once the Snowflake Generation takes over, we're done.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 7:31]

Fortunately the snowflakes are still in a minority. Also on a positive note they are so weak and feeble they'll be easy to crush.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

President Trump on 09:57 - Nov 11 with 1638 viewsHighjack

As an aside I've noticed recently that the LGBT movement has added a Q on the end to become LGBTQ. What does the Q stand for and how many letters can they add until it becomes farcical?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

President Trump on 09:59 - Nov 11 with 1637 viewsjacabertawe

The KKK are elated

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ku-klux-klan-parade-north-carol

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

President Trump on 09:59 - Nov 11 with 1637 viewsLord_Bony

President Trump on 09:57 - Nov 11 by Highjack

As an aside I've noticed recently that the LGBT movement has added a Q on the end to become LGBTQ. What does the Q stand for and how many letters can they add until it becomes farcical?

What is all those letters mean en?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

President Trump on 10:01 - Nov 11 with 1628 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 09:59 - Nov 11 by Lord_Bony

What is all those letters mean en?

Lesbian, gay, Bi, Transexual. But now there's a Q and I have no idea what it could be. Only one word springs to mind but it can't be that because it would be offensive.

President Trump on 10:05 - Nov 11 with 1623 viewsLord_Bony

President Trump on 10:01 - Nov 11 by Highjack

Lesbian, gay, Bi, Transexual. But now there's a Q and I have no idea what it could be. Only one word springs to mind but it can't be that because it would be offensive.

Quagmire?

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

President Trump on 10:06 - Nov 11 with 1620 viewsjacabertawe

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/01/lgbtq-questioning-queer

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

President Trump on 10:12 - Nov 11 with 1616 viewsswanjackal

It's someone with a sexual preference to gadgets ......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 10:13 - Nov 11 with 1612 viewsjacabertawe

President Trump on 10:12 - Nov 11 by swanjackal

It's someone with a sexual preference to gadgets ......

A Biro? Crikey!

President Trump on 10:15 - Nov 11 with 1611 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 10:06 - Nov 11 by jacabertawe

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/01/lgbtq-questioning-queer

Ive completely lost the will to live after reading that.

President Trump on 10:24 - Nov 11 with 1606 viewsLord_Bony

Word on the street is next year it will become LGBTQSM.

This will incorporate the Sadists and Masochists movement....of which they are legion.

Their voices must be heard to and come under the same umbrella.

President Trump on 10:28 - Nov 11 with 1590 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 10:24 - Nov 11 by Lord_Bony

Word on the street is next year it will become LGBTQSM.

This will incorporate the Sadists and Masochists movement....of which they are legion.

Their voices must be heard to and come under the same umbrella.

Raises a few eyebrows with their campaign slogan to be in the ever expanding group.....

"Feel our pain!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 10:54 - Nov 11 with 1574 viewsLord_Bony

How is this for cruelty?

President Trump on 11:10 - Nov 11 with 1562 viewsyescomeon

President Trump on 17:20 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

There's more to Trump's victory than "ignored white working class":

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/trump-and-brexit-why-its-again-not-the-

Good article that, says what I was trying to say in an above post but that guy understands statistics and can construct an argument.

Upthecity!

President Trump on 11:19 - Nov 11 with 1551 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 11:10 - Nov 11 by yescomeon

Good article that, says what I was trying to say in an above post but that guy understands statistics and can construct an argument.

Although extremely conservatively biased, still a nice breakdown

President Trump on 11:21 - Nov 11 with 1550 viewsjojaca

President Trump on 11:10 - Nov 11 by yescomeon

I have headache after listening to the Trump bashing on Question Time. How much longer to we have to pay license fee?

Even when you know, you never know?

President Trump on 12:10 - Nov 11 with 1529 viewsyescomeon

President Trump on 11:19 - Nov 11 by swanjackal

Although extremely conservatively biased, still a nice breakdown

My point was poorly made, confusing the issue by going on about white rural (I'm actually not convinced by this guys breakdown). My point was supposed to be, it wasn't the poor rising up against the rich, it's left vs right, and right won.

[Edit: I wasn't convinced by what he said about the minority vote swinging it for Trump. I just did a back of the envelope calculation and I have to say, I think he is right.]
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 13:24]

Upthecity!

President Trump on 12:18 - Nov 11 with 1521 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 12:10 - Nov 11 by yescomeon

My point was poorly made, confusing the issue by going on about white rural (I'm actually not convinced by this guys breakdown). My point was supposed to be, it wasn't the poor rising up against the rich, it's left vs right, and right won.

[Edit: I wasn't convinced by what he said about the minority vote swinging it for Trump. I just did a back of the envelope calculation and I have to say, I think he is right.]
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 13:24]

Basically, that is true. Also as mentioned , it is a conservative skew, but it is interesting to see the breakdown of figures (albeit polls) the shifts seen by certain demographics (not focussing on totals, but on increases made since prior elections).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024