Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
President Trump 03:15 - Nov 9 with 23044 viewsTummer_from_Texas

THIS could actually happen. Florida is his. Ohio too.

If he takes Michigan, it could be all over for HRC.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 23:12 - Nov 9 with 1659 viewsTummer_from_Texas

President Trump on 23:06 - Nov 9 by Atticus

The United States is a democratic constitutional republic, not a democracy. Hillary knew what states she needed to win and she couldn't do it. Maybe she shouldn't have called Bernie supporters basement dwellers.

Indeed. At the end of the day, California is what really skewed the popular vote. HRC won by more than 2.5 million votes there. Which, in our system, is worth the same as winning by 1 vote.

I'm not a big fan of the system, but it's a tired old argument. Electoral college defenders will tell you that - if you changed it to a popular vote - nobody would bother campaigning in places like New Hampshire.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 07:09 - Nov 10 with 1569 viewsstAteSwan

President Trump on 23:12 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

Indeed. At the end of the day, California is what really skewed the popular vote. HRC won by more than 2.5 million votes there. Which, in our system, is worth the same as winning by 1 vote.

I'm not a big fan of the system, but it's a tired old argument. Electoral college defenders will tell you that - if you changed it to a popular vote - nobody would bother campaigning in places like New Hampshire.

Lots of protests here in the states today. Seems to be one going on in ever major city. There were student led walks outs in a few schools as well.

I was worried this might happen. The thing about Trump is that the people who didn't vote for him, genuinely hated the man. To many, the idea of a Trump presidency is just not an acceptable outcome. this might get worse before it gets better.
President Trump on 09:20 - Nov 10 with 1527 viewsdailew

President Trump on 22:02 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

You seem to have cut off my sentence part way through, therefore changing its meaning entirely, in order to make a point Brynnie.

A genuine mistake you'll rectify I'm sure.

Or you could carry on being an ar*e. Because only one of us has expressed any concern about the effects of an extreme right wing economic policy on the worst off in society and it sure as sh*t isn't you,

"You seem to have cut off my sentence part way through, therefore changing its meaning entirely, in order to make a point Brynnie. "

Indeed, he missed out the bit about skin color.

What,s with SJWs always banging on about whites or males then calling other people racists or misogynists.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

President Trump on 09:25 - Nov 10 with 1523 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 09:20 - Nov 10 by dailew

"You seem to have cut off my sentence part way through, therefore changing its meaning entirely, in order to make a point Brynnie. "

Indeed, he missed out the bit about skin color.

What,s with SJWs always banging on about whites or males then calling other people racists or misogynists.

Exactly, they are always on about the country being divided but they are the ones doing the division by slapping clear labels on everyone.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

President Trump on 09:58 - Nov 10 with 1503 viewsswanjackal

Also, the perception of racism being the main underlying factor in voting Republican is bizarre, especially when you actually look at the figures of the exit polls etc. Looking at Black/Hispanic/Asian vote it appears they vote at higher percentages/ratios for Democrats over Republicans, than the White population. Could the same argument be made that the Democratic party has a racial bias, especially with the white supremacist claims by voters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 10:14 - Nov 10 with 1491 viewsdailew

Skip to 16:00. Priceless.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 10:15]

President Trump on 10:27 - Nov 10 with 1481 viewsKrisP

President Trump on 09:58 - Nov 10 by swanjackal

Also, the perception of racism being the main underlying factor in voting Republican is bizarre, especially when you actually look at the figures of the exit polls etc. Looking at Black/Hispanic/Asian vote it appears they vote at higher percentages/ratios for Democrats over Republicans, than the White population. Could the same argument be made that the Democratic party has a racial bias, especially with the white supremacist claims by voters.

No, because the Democrats didn't talk of building walls to keep white people out, or enact laws designed to suppress the white vote, or assault white voters at Democrat rallies, or generalise white people as drug dealers and rapists in an actual speech to get the Black and Hispanic vote. That's just off the top of my head. Claims by voters is not the same as claims made by the party's nominee.
President Trump on 10:52 - Nov 10 with 1465 viewsyescomeon

President Trump on 21:46 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

"The idiots of this election are the poor".

I'm f*cking speechless. The poor seem to have voted against the will of middle class intellectualist sneering snobs , the same the electorate voted against here during brexit.

Good on them.

Except that the majority of the poor voted in favour of Clinton (although it is 50-50 across all income bins). People are determined to crowbar this into the Brexit narrative. What won this was white (58% for), christian (protestant 58% for, catholic 52% for) men (53% for) from rural areas (62% for) with a lower level of education (62% white without college degree) [1]. With brexit it the old (65+ 60% leave, 55-64 57% leave, 45-54 56% leave) vs young (18-24 73% remain, 25-34 62% remain, 35-44 52% remain), 'higher' (upper-middle/middle class AB 57% remain) vs 'lower' (skilled-working/working/non-working class 64% leave) social class divide was far more evident (social class to a much lesser degree) [2]. So basically no evidence this was the poor sticking it to the man with trump, could be argue that it was with brexit, looks more like the old sticking to the young to me.

[1] - http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.ht
[2] - http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

President Trump on 10:57 - Nov 10 with 1461 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 10:27 - Nov 10 by KrisP

No, because the Democrats didn't talk of building walls to keep white people out, or enact laws designed to suppress the white vote, or assault white voters at Democrat rallies, or generalise white people as drug dealers and rapists in an actual speech to get the Black and Hispanic vote. That's just off the top of my head. Claims by voters is not the same as claims made by the party's nominee.

The wall and Mexican comments needn't have been separated from effect, both from same series of speeches. A very poorly worded appeal to border control and he got rightly ridiculed.

The rally agitators are heavily implied to be "easily controllable" "mentally challenged" plants, set to stir up trouble, all speculation, although evidence presented did get several members of organisations linked to the DNC fired. Also the candidate himself didn't lamp the fella. We it due to race as well? Or political ideas, or are you projecting?

As for the laws, from what I have read of his comments, and I'm assuming your stance is to take everything at face value, he believes that the voting system isn't really a fair thing. Might change his mind after winning, who knows.

Okay, does a democratic candidate making a message "directly at white people" about the problems of police shootings and the deaths of young black American males (or her preferred terminology for these men "super predators") indicate a similar concept, where one race is effectively being blamed. Or telling white people "to recognise their privilege".

Seems a kind of anti Caucasian rhetoric there.

Both have made perceived race baiting claims, both recorded, and anecdotally. So using the standards you have set, both have actually done so.

Although this has not really addressed the issue I asked, with the demographic of voters, due to its make-up, without knowing anyones reason for voting (impossible to project), does there show racial bias voting to the Democrat party?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 12:16 - Nov 10 with 1434 viewsdailew

How SJWs view black people. Patronising racist scum.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 12:18]

President Trump on 13:40 - Nov 10 with 1377 viewsTummer_from_Texas

President Trump on 07:09 - Nov 10 by stAteSwan

Lots of protests here in the states today. Seems to be one going on in ever major city. There were student led walks outs in a few schools as well.

I was worried this might happen. The thing about Trump is that the people who didn't vote for him, genuinely hated the man. To many, the idea of a Trump presidency is just not an acceptable outcome. this might get worse before it gets better.

Yep. Again, I didn't support Trump, but I also couldn't bring myself to support the hypocrites on the other side either. And I have to admit that a large part of me has been laughing my ass off for two days now with my girlfriend (a full-blown Trump lover).

Stronger Together, my ass. They should have added "But Only If We Win" to that slogan.

This tweet from Sara Lizzy sums up perfectly why Trump did so much better in the election than he did in the polls:
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 13:42]

President Trump on 15:48 - Nov 10 with 1338 viewsKennedy

So if the Democrats who actually voted in the previous 2 elections turned up then HRC would be the next president. Maybe they did not what to voted for her?

I thought she was the wrong choice for the DNC, due to her pas,t and her being part of the political establishment.

http://imgur.com/TOGIbcP

Just call me JFK

President Trump on 16:19 - Nov 10 with 1325 viewsA_Fans_Dad

President Trump on 22:11 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

And a trade unionist too. Do you really have to look down on people like me all of the time?Try getting down off that high f*cking horse for once.

What's the matter, all boken up that a woman didn't make it to be president???

I haven't got a clue what Trump's economic policies are and I really couldn't care less. The vote for Trump is a vote against the Bush/Clinton conveyor line that people got tired of, and with it the neo liberal lies and deceit. It's also a break from expansionist American imperialism, foreign interventions that have ruined Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and now Syria. If that's what Trump stands for then that's ok with me.

And if he offers hope to those in the USA that feel left behind, fine again. And who knows, he may just offer them something more than the toxic neoliberals can.

So with that I'll leave you to ponder on another fantastic night for politics worldwide. Suck it up, it's happening.
Hahahahahahahaha

+10
Re-arrange
Nail the hit head on.
The loosers in the US are exactly the same as the Brexit loosers here.
Democracy only works for them when they are winning.
When the loose they are Whining instead.
President Trump on 16:43 - Nov 10 with 1312 viewsLeonWasGod

President Trump on 12:16 - Nov 10 by dailew

How SJWs view black people. Patronising racist scum.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 12:18]

The way things are reported, it seems there's an issue with some white Americans across the board who think black people are "less evolved". Bonkers if true.

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-presidential-elections-racist-suppo

edit - what's a SJW?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 16:44]
President Trump on 17:11 - Nov 10 with 1295 viewsstAteSwan

President Trump on 13:40 - Nov 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yep. Again, I didn't support Trump, but I also couldn't bring myself to support the hypocrites on the other side either. And I have to admit that a large part of me has been laughing my ass off for two days now with my girlfriend (a full-blown Trump lover).

Stronger Together, my ass. They should have added "But Only If We Win" to that slogan.

This tweet from Sara Lizzy sums up perfectly why Trump did so much better in the election than he did in the polls:
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 13:42]

Yeah, I voted Independent this year. But I was also in a state where I knew the vote would go 60 percent for Trump, so I could vote however I want and have no impact on anything.

I just don't care for the American Political system right now. Feel the 2 party system is choking us in elections like this.
President Trump on 17:20 - Nov 10 with 1280 viewsjacabertawe

There's more to Trump's victory than "ignored white working class":

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/trump-and-brexit-why-its-again-not-the-

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

President Trump on 17:32 - Nov 10 with 1266 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 17:20 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

There's more to Trump's victory than "ignored white working class":

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/trump-and-brexit-why-its-again-not-the-

Where do they get these demographics of how people vote from? Do they collect data from the actual ballot box or exit polls?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

President Trump on 17:42 - Nov 10 with 1251 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's projected to win the popular vote too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

President Trump on 19:46 - Nov 10 with 1198 viewsjacabertawe

President Trump on 17:32 - Nov 10 by Highjack

Where do they get these demographics of how people vote from? Do they collect data from the actual ballot box or exit polls?

There is a link in the third paragraph.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

President Trump on 20:02 - Nov 10 with 1182 viewsphact0rri

President Trump on 17:42 - Nov 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

No Clinton is projected to win the popular vote ( http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote )

Honestly I think the discontent has less to do with Clinton, but more to do with... so many people ready vote for islamphobe sexist bigot-- which speaks volumes on the state of racial/gender divides in the nation.

For me I didn't want either of them, and don't care so much. But the story about the people who voted for trump and what you see with loads of racists posting in happiness-- well its a bit creepy.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

President Trump on 20:06 - Nov 10 with 1189 viewsjacabertawe

President Trump on 17:42 - Nov 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Clinton 47.7% Trumpton 47.5%

https://www.washingtonpost.com/2016-election-results/us-presidential-race/?hpid=

President Trump on 20:29 - Nov 10 with 1173 viewsHighjack

President Trump on 19:46 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

There is a link in the third paragraph.

Ahh so the data comes from yougov surveys? How accurate are these given that they are extrapolating to a huge population of individuals?

President Trump on 20:35 - Nov 10 with 1168 viewsLeonWasGod

It's brexit 2. Tell people they're thick for voting Trump and they'll stick 2 fingers up and go and do the opposite. Quietly if they need to and want to avoid grief from self-righteous others. Exactly the same for Brexit for the vast majority of 'normal' people (taking out the open racists who like the exposure)
President Trump on 20:53 - Nov 10 with 1156 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 22:36 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if you can't be bothered to argue do us both a favour - stop trolling me by name and leave my political beliefs out of it.

Your sneering gleeful p*sstaking arrogance makes me f*cking sick.

The reason I can't be bothered to argue is you commented on two posts that referenced Trump''s effect on the economy, on both occasions saying they were spot on or similar, and then when challenged about how extremely right wing they are, admitted that you knew nothing about Trump's economic policy, and, you're not interested.

So you don't think the result is fantastic for the poorer people in society, you're just thrilled because you perceive him as being someone that 'people like me' don't like. You're less bothered about the removal of universal health care, slashed taxation for the wealthiest 1% and huge corporations, and the fact that Clinton wanted to introduce free college tuition and lower taxation for the lower paid than you are about sticking it to people you don't like.

As an aside, I don't look down on anybody. I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to do so. You do though. And no one on this site has been more sneering than you have whenever you've referred to Brexit. And many times you've done it, you've referred to me by name.
President Trump on 20:55 - Nov 10 with 1153 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 22:32 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

You can't apply economic policy arguments like that to different nations and cultures. Which is why I'll never feel it's any of my business to comment on anything related to Tories/Labour.

Yes, you can.

The economics of both nations work similarly enough that it's perfectly reasonable to comment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024