Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 17:16 - Dec 26 with 6189 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Admittedly, he didn't play well. But I feel for him.

Bradley subbing him in to play as a left winger not once but TWICE was absolute idiocy. I thought it couldn't get any worse than that and he'd cut that bullsh*t out, but today the nobhead starts him on the right. And to throw salt into the wound, Bradley subs him out at halftime. Jesus Christ.

That means Borja has only gotten 3 starts for us now in his natural centre forward position. Looking at his performance data at transfermarkt, he had never even played on the wing once before he came to us.

It's proper caveman mentality from Bradley. "Gee, we paid £15.5m for him, I have to have him in the squad somehow." What a brilliant football man he is--thinking an out and out striker who had never played on the wing before can suddenly adapt to playing there in the toughest league in the world, and on a team embattled in a bitter relegation battle nonetheless. Along with the other baffling squad and tactical selections he's made, the football world is seriously going to look back on his time here as one of the worst and most illtimed managerial appointments ever.

Forget the summer. If I was Borja I'd be making arrangements to get the hell out of this mess in January. It beggars belief.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 17:50]

Come on you Swans.

Borja Baston on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 3695 views34dfgdf54

He's been completely shafted.

Decent player, no world beater admittedly but with service would score goals as Llorente is showing. Very poor behind him though, even Siggy I'm sad to say.
Borja Baston on 17:21 - Dec 26 with 3651 viewsthereisnospoon

he's probably talking to his agent as we speak. i haven't a clue how anyone in his position would want to stay here any longer. he's been proper fvcked by our club and bradley
Borja Baston on 17:41 - Dec 26 with 3521 viewsDr_Winston

Another player bought without any kind of thought as to how he was going to fit into the team or what we needed to go to get the best out of him.

Our recruitment process since 2013 in a nutshell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja Baston on 17:42 - Dec 26 with 3509 viewsNeath_Jack

Pathetic substitution by a manager way out of his league.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja Baston on 17:43 - Dec 26 with 3485 viewsdobjack2

Borja Baston on 17:41 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

Another player bought without any kind of thought as to how he was going to fit into the team or what we needed to go to get the best out of him.

In a nutshell
Borja Baston on 17:51 - Dec 26 with 3421 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Yep. I'd do anything to have Laudrup and Bayram back.

Come on you Swans.

Borja Baston on 18:20 - Dec 26 with 3307 viewsperchrockjack

But no surprise as it was same with paloschi

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Borja Baston on 18:35 - Dec 26 with 3251 viewsCooperman

I thought he did OK in the role he was requested to perform. He certainly covered some ground.

It's the management that isn't performing well in their roles. And as for Paul Williams, WTF!!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 02:32 - Dec 27 with 3046 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Borja Baston on 18:35 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

I thought he did OK in the role he was requested to perform. He certainly covered some ground.

It's the management that isn't performing well in their roles. And as for Paul Williams, WTF!!

I wonder if Williams will go as well when Bradley is sacked. Bradley said he was brought in to help shore up the defense but going by the results he's had exactly the opposite effect.

Come on you Swans.

Borja Baston on 04:14 - Dec 27 with 2978 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Borja Baston on 17:18 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

He's been completely shafted.

Decent player, no world beater admittedly but with service would score goals as Llorente is showing. Very poor behind him though, even Siggy I'm sad to say.

Except Siggy wasn't "behind" him, thanks to Bob's bizarro tactics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOfbgbdASx0/

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Borja Baston on 04:52 - Dec 27 with 2952 viewsjacktheripper

This
Borja Baston on 08:06 - Dec 27 with 2826 viewsStrikeout

Bob Bradley really has no idea how to set up a team.
Borja Baston on 08:10 - Dec 27 with 2811 viewsKilkennyjack

The player does not look a £15m player to me.
We can make all the excuses in the world, but he does not show a hint of a player who can score regularly at this level.
I hope i am wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

Borja Baston on 08:12 - Dec 27 with 2804 viewsjack247

Borja is not a lone centre forward and he certainly isn't a narrow winger. I have no idea why we brought him here, we were never going to be able to play to his strengths.
Borja Baston on 08:38 - Dec 27 with 2738 viewsWarwickHunt

Borja Baston on 04:14 - Dec 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

If I don't laugh I'll cry.
Borja Baston on 08:49 - Dec 27 with 2704 viewsSgorioFruit

Borja Baston on 08:10 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

We can make all the excuses in the world, but he does not show a hint of a player who can score regularly at this level.
I hope i am wrong.

Agreed
He's shit for £15 million

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Borja Baston on 08:52 - Dec 27 with 2686 viewsjack247

I hope i am wrong.

Watch clips of his goals from last season. He breaks into the box late and gets on the end of cutbacks. Like Michu used to do when we played him behind a frontman. There is no way he can play up front on his own, he just isn't physical enough.
Borja Baston on 08:57 - Dec 27 with 2663 viewskarnataka

Borja Baston on 08:52 - Dec 27 by jack247

Watch clips of his goals from last season. He breaks into the box late and gets on the end of cutbacks. Like Michu used to do when we played him behind a frontman. There is no way he can play up front on his own, he just isn't physical enough.

His only goal for us was from a Barrow cut back.
Borja Baston on 09:01 - Dec 27 with 2637 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 08:57 - Dec 27 by karnataka

His only goal for us was from a Barrow cut back.

From the highlights I've seen of him, he gets in the right place at the right time and finishes. You can't do that as a lone centre forward because you need to be behind play and have team mates occupying markers. I just can't see how we can accommodate him. As others have said, bought without any real thought process.
Borja Baston on 09:08 - Dec 27 with 2601 viewskarnataka

Borja Baston on 09:01 - Dec 27 by jack247

From the highlights I've seen of him, he gets in the right place at the right time and finishes. You can't do that as a lone centre forward because you need to be behind play and have team mates occupying markers. I just can't see how we can accommodate him. As others have said, bought without any real thought process.

Without any thought process and because we'd left it far too late because of people having more important things (to them) on their minds and options were running out.
Borja Baston on 09:27 - Dec 27 with 2541 viewsicecoldjack

I hope i am wrong.

I have to disagree there.

How can he be judged as a striker when ..

1, the limited time he gets to play he has zero support e round him.
2, Bob fookin Bradley plays him as a wide man !
3, we play 3 defensive midfielders at home .

It's not the player it's the manager not knowing how to build a team . It's no surprise llorente is getting goals as the route one style and big man up top approach is closer to bobs style of play,borja is not that kind of player at all.

Shameful stuff from scfc . Killing the players with incompetence.
Borja Baston on 09:39 - Dec 27 with 2491 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I hope i am wrong.

Nor me. Not a Premier League £15M player anyway. Maybe in the right team at home in Spain he could be worth the money. We badly needed him to hit the ground running. He hits the ground often enough but it's as centre backs brush him aside and take the ball away.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Borja Baston on 09:48 - Dec 27 with 2432 viewsDrGonzo

This.

The same problem we've had with every striker we've since Bony. People must be blind if they can't see it.

That left foot shoot he had early in the first half however. Embarrassing.
Borja Baston on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 2414 viewsicecoldjack

Was watching Borja seemingly swap wings with routs in the first half but when on my side of the field he didn't know if to stay out move in to space or join siggy in the box .

The bloke just looked confused as fook , that made rangel confused as fook too !!

It's the worst shambles I've seen since cusack was in charge , but in fairness to nick he had almost nothing to work with, Bob has the crown jewels in comparison.
Borja Baston on 09:56 - Dec 27 with 2400 viewsLeonWasGod

Borja Baston on 04:14 - Dec 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Borja often dropped deep to pick up the ball behind Siggy, so I can see how that average position chart came about. He certainly didn't play on the wing as the OP suggests - he ran the channels at times, as centre forwards often do when there are no wingers.

If there is a best of him, we'll never see it if he's in and out of a team that changes personnel and formations every game. Quite the opposite. If I wanted to get the worse out of players and a team I'd do exactly what Bob is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024