Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 10:37 - Jan 8 with 23231 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:01]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:56 - Jan 12 with 3678 viewspencoedjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 11:54 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

To the incredibly, incredibly STUPID FerrieBodde (you should be ashamed to call yourself that name)

""To say that Carroll was "very much a part of their squad last season" could not be more ridiculous. ""

SQUAD - "a group of sports players from which a team is chosen"

Here are all the games Carroll featured in during the season in question - 2015/2016. The season after he left us where I'm pretty sure a few on here would have thought he would have been farmed out on loan again or sold. If the below doesn't look like he was part of the squad, a squad that got so close to winning the EPL and making it into in the Champions League then maybe our thicko FerrieBoddo has an alternative definition for the word?

PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 22Aug 2015 Leicester 1 - 1 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 13Sep 2015 Sunderland 0 - 1 Tottenham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 17Sep 2015 Tottenham 3 - 1 FK Qarabag
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 20Sep 2015 Tottenham 1 - 0 C Palace
CAPITAL ONE CUP We 23Sep 2015 Tottenham 1 - 2 Arsenal
PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 26Sep 2015 Tottenham 4 - 1 Man City
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 01Oct 2015 Monaco 1 - 1 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 22Nov 2015 Tottenham 4 - 1 West Ham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 26Nov 2015 FK Qarabag 0 - 1 Tottenham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 10Dec 2015 Tottenham 4 - 1 Monaco
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 13Dec 2015 Tottenham 1 - 2 Newcastle
PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 19Dec 2015 Southampto 0 - 2 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 26Dec 2015 Tottenham 3 - 0 Norwich
PREMIER LEAGUE Mo 28Dec 2015 Watford 1 - 2 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 03Jan 2016 Everton 1 - 1 Tottenham
ENGLISH FA CUP Su 10Jan 2016 Tottenham 2 - 2 Leicester
PREMIER LEAGUE We 13Jan 2016 Tottenham 0 - 1 Leicester
PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 16Jan 2016 Tottenham 4 - 1 Sunderland
ENGLISH FA CUP We 20Jan 2016 Leicester 0 - 2 Tottenham
ENGLISH FA CUP Sa 30Jan 2016 Colchester 1 - 4 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Tu 02Feb 2016 Norwich 0 - 3 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 06Feb 2016 Tottenham 1 - 0 Watford
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 14Feb 2016 Man City 1 - 2 Tottenham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 18Feb 2016 Fiorentina 1 - 1 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE We 02Mar 2016 West Ham 1 - 0 Tottenham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 10Mar 2016 B Dortmund 3 - 0 Tottenham
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 13Mar 2016 Aston Villa 0 - 2 Tottenham
EUROPA LEAGUE Th 17Mar 2016 Tottenham 1 - 2 B Dortmund
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 20Mar 2016 Tottenham 3 - 0 Bournemouth
PREMIER LEAGUE Su 15May 2016 Newcastle 5 - 1 Tottenham

Source: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58262&season_id=145

In the other games, he was almost always an unused sub.

WTF does squad actually mean to you by the way?

No one is saying he is the answer for Spurs, who as many have pointed out have massively different aspirations to us. But to be INVOLVED, even as a SQUAD player i.e. in the match day 17 and actually making the field 30 times in all competitions has to say something.

You seem to be one of these idiots who think we maybe should be going for Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger or maybe even try to prise away someone from Spurs's first XI of last season, perhaps Dier, Lamella or Erikksen??

How many games do you think Leon Britton would have had for Spurs last season, Ki, Cork, Fulton, even Joe Allen, with that SQUAD of players they've got, especially in midfield?

Stop embarrassing yourself you MUG!!

So let me get this right Gar ....

You are happy to sell Gylfi and happy with buying Carroll ?

Nathan Dyer was part of the squad at Leicester last season, he should be ashamed to have a PL winners medal.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:56 - Jan 12 with 3676 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:33 - Jan 12 by 34dfgdf54

Who the f*ck are you to call someone a mug? Fancy yourself as a bit of a hard nut do you?

Have you got something to add to this thread? And none of your usual facking guff?

If not, fack off you MUG!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:16 - Jan 12 with 3543 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:56 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

So let me get this right Gar ....

You are happy to sell Gylfi and happy with buying Carroll ?

Nathan Dyer was part of the squad at Leicester last season, he should be ashamed to have a PL winners medal.

If that's you trying to tell me your name isn't Mark? Why did you tell me it was?

The reason I suggested selling Gylfi was for money to rebuild for a survival fight. I wouldn't be against keeping him but he's been more than ordinary this season to the point of bloody awful. Also, his body language has been saying a lot so I thought it best for him to find somewhere else.

So far this season we'd only miss his set pieces - but that would be a big miss.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Carroll is coming in to play further up the field - hence in Siggy's place?! The Spurs fans, the more sensible ones, not the Chav's ol' Ferrie has posted up there, generally seem to think so...

Interesting.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:36 - Jan 12 with 3426 viewsAnotherJohn

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:58 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

What's your point Squire? Have you got one?

If you are too dense to connect 'masterstroke' + question mark with the claim in the article that Levy is about to sell a pup for a song then I can't help you sir.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:43 - Jan 12 with 3384 views34dfgdf54

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:56 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

Have you got something to add to this thread? And none of your usual facking guff?

If not, fack off you MUG!!

I have made my feelings known on this thread. Carroll's sh*t and you're a first class pr*ck who acts the hard man on an Internet forum.

Stick to the football chat like a good little boy and stop with the aggressive nature towards people who don't agree with you.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 21:47]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:43 - Jan 12 with 3353 viewspencoedjack

Our views are on different ends of the scale on both Gylfi & Carroll Chris

The 30 million we would get for Gylfi won't be reinvested anyway
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:52 - Jan 12 with 3246 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:36 - Jan 12 by AnotherJohn

If you are too dense to connect 'masterstroke' + question mark with the claim in the article that Levy is about to sell a pup for a song then I can't help you sir.

If we get Carroll it would probably only be for £8m if we stayed up - and that would be great business if he contributed to that.

This is January - you don't get bargains in this window, or haven't you grasped that, John, eh? This is the time of year when some teams get into panic mode - guess what, Einstein, this is us.

What you are more likely to get are players you need to take a bit of a punt on. Carroll, Narsingh and Olsson are all that. However, in my opinion, and I know it's not everyone's but hey ho, they are all upgrades on what we have.

Therefore, where we got 15 points in the first half and a game of the season from hell, I'm hoping the new upgrades will be able to get us that tad more, maybe 20 points plus to at least give us an outside chance.

This is an optimistic outlook, granted, but so far, I'm happy the way the window is going - just.

Now Cocker, if or when you respond, try to make it interesting, eh?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 3198 viewsKerouac

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that IF we sign this boy (regardless of what we pay for him) his detractors on this thread will be eating their words before the season is out.

...and I think £8m is too much (given his achievements so far and the quality of player you can purchase for that money in the summer) as well, but people don't seem to be taking into account the following;
- our situation/unattractiveness to players
- inflated January prices
- the fact that he has a long contract at Spurs which means they have all the time in the world on this lad. If we don't want to pay the money they will no doubt just loan him out again and see if anyone will pay them good money this summer/next January
- his relative low wages...you could get a top European centre-midfielder for around £10m but his wages would be at least double Carroll's. We've got to make the pot we have this January cover several positions if we are to have a cat in hell's chance of staying up.

IF he comes in I believe we will see some tempo and economic use of the ball injected into our midfield...yes there are other players who could give us that who we might fancy more BUT THESE PLAYERS WON'T WANT TO COME HERE TO US THIS JANUARY, IT'S HARD ENOUGH TO ATTRACT THEM TO SWANSEA WHEN WE AREN'T IN A RELEGATION BATTLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:56 - Jan 12 with 3182 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:43 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Our views are on different ends of the scale on both Gylfi & Carroll Chris

The 30 million we would get for Gylfi won't be reinvested anyway

I've still got a bit of faith in the new set up - we'll see though.

They messed up with Bradley even though he was on a hiding to nothing and not his fault, but they got rid which would be at cost, they've also replenished the coaching side with an appointment most are happy with. I'm over the moon with Makelele and happy to see proper analytics being brought into the recruitment side of things.

The playing squad the Yanks inherited was all down to Jenkins so they deserve a chance.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:57 - Jan 12 with 3146 viewsmax936

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:21 - Jan 11 by LeonWasGod

That £8m price tag's done it 😂

5mill is our going rate

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:00 - Jan 12 with 3111 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:43 - Jan 12 by 34dfgdf54

I have made my feelings known on this thread. Carroll's sh*t and you're a first class pr*ck who acts the hard man on an Internet forum.

Stick to the football chat like a good little boy and stop with the aggressive nature towards people who don't agree with you.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 21:47]

Listen Risca, lets take this to PM ok, buddy? I can't be dealing with cocks like you on here.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 13:09 - Jan 13 with 2633 viewsairedale

Press reporting that Andy is close to leaving Spurs.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-fans-react-manager-confirms-midfield
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 13:26 - Jan 13 with 2551 viewsairedale

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 20:28 - Jan 12 by malagajack

I'm not sure Carroll is the ideal recruit for a relegation dogfight but realistically who is going to want to come here in our current predicament. Maybe for some the 8m price tag is unpalatable, i have read somewhere that it is 5m plus 3m in addons ( prem survival, appearances etc). It is difficult enough to persuade players to come to Swansea when we are sitting comfortably in mid table, we need one of our new recruits to inspire a drive up the table, i doubt Carroll (if he comes) is that man but we should get behind whoever signs even if they maybe somewhat underwhelming at first glance.

The impression I get of Tom Carroll, is that you will get the same product whatever your league position is.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 2307 viewstrampie

I don't think Carroll is an improvement on what we have got.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 2246 views34dfgdf54

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:22 - Jan 13 by trampie

I don't think Carroll is an improvement on what we have got.

I'm just not seeing who he's going to dislodge from the team.

Don't get me wrong, we have been woefully poor in midfield, but he's not in Leon's league (even at Leons age), he's a better footballer than Cork, but we needed (imo) muscle in midfield to replace Cork.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:46 - Jan 13 with 2142 viewsdobjack2

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 17:28 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

I'm just not seeing who he's going to dislodge from the team.

Don't get me wrong, we have been woefully poor in midfield, but he's not in Leon's league (even at Leons age), he's a better footballer than Cork, but we needed (imo) muscle in midfield to replace Cork.

Ki/Fulton?
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 2009 viewsSwans_16

Having a medical at Swansea as we speak. Fee believed to be around £4.5 million.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:26 - Jan 13 with 1439 viewsWarwickHunt

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 13:09 - Jan 13 by airedale

Press reporting that Andy is close to leaving Spurs.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-fans-react-manager-confirms-midfield

That seems like an authoritative source.

Got the wrong picture though.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:27 - Jan 13 with 1426 viewsOldjack

If Carroll is as bad as the Spurs fans say ,then i'm disappointing in Clements and if anyone jumps in and say it's a Huw signing then i'll be more disappointing in him for letting it happen

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:28 - Jan 13 with 1417 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:19 - Jan 13 by Swans_16

Having a medical at Swansea as we speak. Fee believed to be around £4.5 million.

Great news.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:30 - Jan 13 with 1396 viewsOldjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:28 - Jan 13 by Jango

Great news.

but he's shyte

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:34 - Jan 13 with 1355 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:30 - Jan 13 by Oldjack

but he's shyte

I'm confident given a run as a first team player he'll turn into a quality player for us and most on here will eating their words
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 1267 viewsOldjack

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:34 - Jan 13 by Jango

I'm confident given a run as a first team player he'll turn into a quality player for us and most on here will eating their words

that's in the championship. We need some class right now

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 19:30 - Jan 13 with 1205 viewsperchrockjack

Ronnie Carroll.

For our young ones ,he was quite a well know crooner in the fifties.
My mum lived him

Think he was married to Millicent Martin ,who whilst ginger, was dead fit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:11 - Jan 13 with 992 viewsTheResurrection

The majority of Spurs fans, not the childish chavs above, say he's decent but just was never going to figure in the Spurs set up due to their wholly different aspirations.

I'm really happy with Carroll, especially if we're lookin to bring back our quick tempo passing game. He won't need to be a hard man if he's passed it on before they blink.

Problem for us is maybe the coaching staff see him to further up the field??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024