Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this 03:16 - Jan 15 with 6329 viewsTheResurrection

Llorente heads out the ball for what was a routine clearance - it heads towards Swansea's "best" player with the "best" first touch and general all round Icelandic golden boy. He's got all the time in the world to take it down, protect it and make sure we come out of our defensive third carefully and assuredly.

He's got Routledge to his right, Llorente, Ki, Kingsley and generally a pick of Swans players all in acres of space to place a careful pass to once controlled - What does the one who cannot be criticised do? He tries a Cruyff turn at 1-0 down to Arsenal on the edge of our facking box!!!

Seconds later he's caused this - that one (but very often) huge cock up where he's trying his flicks and tricks has got us turned in our own box with Iwobi bearing down on goal

Nobody can defend this - it's cost us any chance of even attempting to get back into this game.

It's just not good enough!!

And then he's got the cheek to fling his arms about like some spoilt brat.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 3:31]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 04:02 - Jan 15 with 4485 viewsCooperman

Yep, he got that very wrong. A ball to WR was a simple option with much more potential and much less risk.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 04:29 - Jan 15 with 4457 viewsParsSwans

And to think just over 2 months ago I got slaughtered on here for stating the obvious he has an attitude problem take 20m now yes he is our most potentially talented player but we are down he is down let's build for the future if that is what we accept as our best player then that's how bad a place we are in. Yes he has been good for us and a large proportion of problem is he runs around doing too much for a playmaker/no10 and that is not his fault but what is around him and I understand his frustration but his body language and attitude is poor
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 07:04 - Jan 15 with 4341 viewsJango

Wonderful free kick and set piece taker but other that he's yet another player highly overrated by swans fans.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 07:51 - Jan 15 with 4242 viewspencoedjack

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 07:04 - Jan 15 by Jango

Wonderful free kick and set piece taker but other that he's yet another player highly overrated by swans fans.

Obviously by other PL teams managers as well ....don't think they'd be spunking 20 million plus on a player who just took free kicks

Chris you can find fault with any player if you look, becoming a.bit obsessive now fella
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 4106 viewsClinton

On the edge of the box. Not true. IMHO

In respect of pointing out Siggys error. We all saw the error. Flipping Siggys fault we all says as the ball nestles in the net. But we keep cheering on the boys after a temporary sense of disappointment.

Football player makes mistake. Big news.

Defending Siggy? No more or less than anyone else. There's time for criticism and cynicism of course, it's easy to point out errors and problems all the time. Easy. Easy. Easy.
Theres plenty of errors out there on the pitch, harping on about them and relentlessly criticising all and sundry does no good.

It's time we get behind the players and coaching team again for one last push to get out of this place we find ourselves in.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:46 - Jan 15 with 4073 viewsCambJack

How dare he not be a perfect footballer, only perfect footballers deserve to play for us.

I'm not saying he can't be criticised, but I don't see how he's getting the flack when teammates are making costly mistakes too. He's not the reason we're in this mess like people are making out. Maybe if he sits some games out between now and the end of the season we'll see how true that is
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 4044 viewsjack247

Siggy does tend to overplay in the wrong areas and will often try a flick when a simple pass is on. He isn't the only one, Routledge does it too and Mawson is going to get dispossessed with no cover now and then just by the way he plays. This vendetta is getting a bit much now though. They all make mistakes that lead to goals.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 3995 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fair play, that's a lot of effort to go to in order to discredit a player you don't like. Shows real commitment.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 3992 viewsSwaneeRiver

TBH Siggy makes a mistake as you quite rightly pointed out, but his contribution to our cause allows him the occassional slip.
You make no mention of Cork, who was far worse than any other player and IMHO should be sold off to the highest bidder.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 3937 viewscrix

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:57 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

Fair play, that's a lot of effort to go to in order to discredit a player you don't like. Shows real commitment.

ill give him credit, once he sets his mind on a something he doesn't let it rest.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 3937 viewsbermudajack

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 08:57 - Jan 15 by SwaneeRiver

TBH Siggy makes a mistake as you quite rightly pointed out, but his contribution to our cause allows him the occassional slip.
You make no mention of Cork, who was far worse than any other player and IMHO should be sold off to the highest bidder.

How dare you critisise our Icelandic genius?

Seriously, I've been saying for months he needs a spell on the bench, the problem is who to replace him?

The most overhyped player I can remember in a Swans shirt, runs around a lot - fair play, covers every blade etc. Then too knackered to pose any threat in front of goal... (unless it's a FK or Pen)

The two good chances he had yesterday he scuffed them both, and he tries to be a bit too clever on times, he is also giving away cheap possession more and more often.

He obviously is a skillfull player on his day, but seems drained and despondent at the moment

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:20 - Jan 15 with 3881 viewsCambJack

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:10 - Jan 15 by bermudajack

How dare you critisise our Icelandic genius?

Seriously, I've been saying for months he needs a spell on the bench, the problem is who to replace him?

The most overhyped player I can remember in a Swans shirt, runs around a lot - fair play, covers every blade etc. Then too knackered to pose any threat in front of goal... (unless it's a FK or Pen)

The two good chances he had yesterday he scuffed them both, and he tries to be a bit too clever on times, he is also giving away cheap possession more and more often.

He obviously is a skillfull player on his day, but seems drained and despondent at the moment

It's not a problem, it's quite simple - we don't have a better alternative. You'd think he was keeping Messi on the bench with this kind of reaction.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 3820 viewsJango

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 07:51 - Jan 15 by pencoedjack

Obviously by other PL teams managers as well ....don't think they'd be spunking 20 million plus on a player who just took free kicks

Chris you can find fault with any player if you look, becoming a.bit obsessive now fella

Ayew went for £20 million and he had nothing but abuse from this site. I'm not saying he's not a decent player but he's overrated by many on here. Cork, Routledge, Taylor are abysmal and constantly give the ball away but rightfully get criticized but siggy has been doing the same all season with his fancy flicks and falling over, yet he's getting away with a lot of stick because he can take a good set piece. He needs to up his game big time
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 3807 viewsStarsky

Siggy is probably the most talented player on our books but, on yesterday's performance, he's the focal point of a team that didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. His heads not right
I'd have taken him off and replaced him with Fer.

It's just the internet, init.

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:37 - Jan 15 with 3764 viewsbuilthjack

You are obsessed with hating Siggy man

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:46 - Jan 15 with 3702 viewsjasper_T

We don't need to replace Gylfi, just change the system.

Flat three midfield, two actual wingers and Llorente allowed to drop into the space Gylfi normally occupies.

Worked against West Ham lat season.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:49 - Jan 15 with 3675 viewsJango

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:46 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Flat three midfield, two actual wingers and Llorente allowed to drop into the space Gylfi normally occupies.

Spot on. For most of the game yesterday siggy and llorente were right up the pitch doing nothing. We need all the help in midfield as possible at the moment.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:51 - Jan 15 with 3662 viewsmarchamjack

He had a poor game yesterday.

He's had a few poor games lately, by his standards. Not in the best of form.

Much like a lot of our team in that.

To think to take him out of the team though, given the lack of alternatives we have in terms of possible match winners/goal scorers...is just silly. We're in enough of a mess already.

If we're hanging on in a game and we get a free kick in range, he steps up and curls one in...we've got no-one else remotely in his league at that.

Not as if we sell him for £20 million or whatever the Yanks will give PC the whole to spend on a replacement. And on who?

Not playing well no arguments, but a number of others can be properly scapegoated before Siggy.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:52 - Jan 15 with 3643 viewsWarwickHunt

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:46 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Gylfi only works playing in the hole. At the moment that hole appears to be about 60 yards deep...
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:56 - Jan 15 with 3613 viewsyescomeon

I think with siggy he tries to play a couple of positions at the same time, probably due to the lack of quality around him. The result is he does none of them well. Too much positional flexibility, or lack of positional discipline is killing us. Cork is as bad, siggy has more end product so gets away with it a bit more. The opposition goes through our midfield like a finger through cheap bog roll. The players need to be told to rigidly stick to your roles and don't wander, especially our so-called defensive midfielder (which given the current players should be Fulton not Cork).

Upthecity!

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 09:59 - Jan 15 with 3596 viewsElward

There are too many people on here who just won't hear a bad word said about him. Yes everyone of our players makes mistakes, some a lot more then others, and they all get abused too. The difference is when they make mistakes, they generally look disapointed with themseleves, whereas when Siggy makes a mistake, he throws his arms in the air as if it isnt his fault.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 10:06 - Jan 15 with 3566 viewsoldcob

Problem with Siggy at the moment is he's trying too hard. Trying to do it all himself and not bringing in players in better positions. At least its not lack of effort which is unforgivable. He seems one of the few players out there at present who "feels" for the club. In the past we've done better with equally talented footballers because of their love of the club. This doesn't seem to be there for many anymore, people who'll lie down and die for you a la Tatey.
Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 3562 viewsNeath_Jack

Golden B0llocks who must always be above criticism. Runs around a lot, has a decent set piece in him, flatters to deceive. A luxury player who we can't afford to carry at the moment.

Fer starts every game in the number 10 role for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 10:11 - Jan 15 with 3523 viewsBloodyhills

Siggy fecked that up but he's not the only one who fecks up.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Siggy - Nobody can defend him on this on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 3471 viewsKGriz16

Do you fancy him and he wont reply to your texts? Is this what this is? Obsessed son, give it a rest. The majority of the midfield were shocking yesterday, at least GS tries.

http://www.squawka.com/players/gylfi-sigurdsson/stats#performance-score#swansea-

"Gylfi Sigurdsson, in the English Premier League, has scored five goals this season, creating 38 chances and six assists. Gylfi Sigurdsson has completed 430 passes this season with a pass accuracy of 76%, of which 72% were forward passes.
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/players/gylfi-sigurdsson/stats"
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 10:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024