Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans leaving early 23:38 - Mar 4 with 8563 viewsFireboy

What are people's thoughts on fans leaving early?

I noticed with 5 mins to go that some fans were on their way out

I bet they wish they had stayed now lol

Ps I NEVER leave a game early
Fans leaving early on 23:44 - Mar 4 with 5283 viewsjack2jack

Each to their own I suppose,but for me,never leave till is over.
Fans leaving early on 23:58 - Mar 4 with 5233 viewsmitchwales

I'm more interested in why anyone thinks it is any of their business what other people do.. let alone waste time judging them. Does it bug you how many people go on 38 minutes to have a pint? Or is just the last few minutes that for some reason must not be missed?

Luckily I was there to see the goal at the death today but I'm certain all of the fans who left early were still bloody chuffed we won it. They certainly didn't leave thinking "I hope we don't manage to win".
Fans leaving early on 00:11 - Mar 5 with 5167 viewstrampie

Can't understand it myself, but each to their own.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Fans leaving early on 00:48 - Mar 5 with 5103 viewsepaul

Would never leave a game early like todays but must confess to leaving white hart lane on 70 mins at 5 nil down

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fans leaving early on 08:29 - Mar 5 with 4877 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nobody around me left early

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Fans leaving early on 09:35 - Mar 5 with 4740 viewsSTID2017

I never leave early, but each to his own.
To me it's like watching a film, walking out ten minutes before the end, then catching up with the nd via Sky or whatever, or maybe when others tell you how the film ended
Madness
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 9:36]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fans leaving early on 09:37 - Mar 5 with 4719 viewsperchrockjack

Bit like copulation

Why leave before the finish

Best not start

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fans leaving early on 09:40 - Mar 5 with 4709 viewsSTID2017

Fans leaving early on 09:37 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

Bit like copulation

Why leave before the finish

Best not start

Hi Clark !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans leaving early on 09:43 - Mar 5 with 4675 viewsWhiterockin

Many like myself leave my seat towards the end of the game and watch the rest of the match on the concourse. This makes for a quick getaway to beat the traffic. Don't confuse leaving your seat with leaving the ground.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fans leaving early on 09:46 - Mar 5 with 4652 viewsDarran

People can do what they like and other people are entitled not to understand it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fans leaving early on 09:46 - Mar 5 with 4665 viewsvetchonian

Whilst many leave their seats early they do not leave the ground my mates and I often get up from our seats and watch the last few minutes standing on the concourse leaving after the final whistle . This means we can get a quick exit from the stadium and get to the pub earlier to celebrate or drown our sorrows.
Yesterday I stayed in my seat and as a result was 30 mins later at the pub.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fans leaving early on 11:16 - Mar 5 with 4545 viewsnierika

As soon as we went down 1-2 I said to my g/f..."we won down 3-4 in the last few minutes, this is nothing." You'd think they would have learned.
Fans leaving early on 11:22 - Mar 5 with 4525 viewsLoyal

Fans leaving early on 23:58 - Mar 4 by mitchwales

I'm more interested in why anyone thinks it is any of their business what other people do.. let alone waste time judging them. Does it bug you how many people go on 38 minutes to have a pint? Or is just the last few minutes that for some reason must not be missed?

Luckily I was there to see the goal at the death today but I'm certain all of the fans who left early were still bloody chuffed we won it. They certainly didn't leave thinking "I hope we don't manage to win".

It's odd, some of the lads I go to games with are big units, very capable let's say.
Nobody seems to bothered when they move to the front of the east stand with a few minutes to go.

I agree with your post 💯 %

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fans leaving early on 11:26 - Mar 5 with 4510 viewsNeath_Jack

I leave every single game (bar the last of the season) early, by 83 minutes, winning, losing or drawing, i'm gone. Listen to the remainder of the game in glorious DAB on the way home. Then they got this other thing, called MOTD and endless clips of any vital action that may have occurred after i left.

And no, i don't leave the cinema or theatre early, because it's not the same thing, not even close. I'm just not a proper fan i guess, taking up a "proper" fans seat. Or something.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fans leaving early on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 4493 viewsDr_Winston

I left early once. Jason Bowen then scored twice to complete his hat trick in a 4-2 win over Chester. Haven't done it since.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans leaving early on 11:30 - Mar 5 with 4485 viewsDewi1jack

Fans leaving early on 00:11 - Mar 5 by trampie

Can't understand it myself, but each to their own.

This.

Although it was very noticeable during the Palace game that people were leaving early, because of the sheer number that did and the fact they were booing the team- something I personally hate and wouldn't do.
Think they've learnt now though about leaving early
East around me and the west still pretty looked full at the end of the game yesterday.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 4476 viewsNeath_Jack

Fans leaving early on 11:26 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

I leave every single game (bar the last of the season) early, by 83 minutes, winning, losing or drawing, i'm gone. Listen to the remainder of the game in glorious DAB on the way home. Then they got this other thing, called MOTD and endless clips of any vital action that may have occurred after i left.

And no, i don't leave the cinema or theatre early, because it's not the same thing, not even close. I'm just not a proper fan i guess, taking up a "proper" fans seat. Or something.

Oh, and the game we beat Bristol City, think it was 7-0? I saw one goal, all the rest of the time i was in the Riverside Bar.

When in the Vetch, i'd sometimes go down just before half time to the Mel Nurse bar, and many a time i'd stay there the rest of the game, or go over the Panty/Queens.

Same for away games, sometimes i never bothered going in, if the craic was good. I liked a slurp in those days though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 4474 viewsJBT95

Fans leaving early on 00:48 - Mar 5 by epaul

Would never leave a game early like todays but must confess to leaving white hart lane on 70 mins at 5 nil down

Didn't happen. We were 4-0 going into added time, I know cause I left then and when I got to the bottom of the stairs somebody said it was 5-0. Only left a few minutes early cause, never being to WHL before, didn't know how bad Severn Sisters tube was gonna be - easy enough in the end.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 11:32]
Fans leaving early on 15:05 - Mar 5 with 4338 viewsmikecranleigh

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Oh, and the game we beat Bristol City, think it was 7-0? I saw one goal, all the rest of the time i was in the Riverside Bar.

When in the Vetch, i'd sometimes go down just before half time to the Mel Nurse bar, and many a time i'd stay there the rest of the game, or go over the Panty/Queens.

Same for away games, sometimes i never bothered going in, if the craic was good. I liked a slurp in those days though.

7-1
Fans leaving early on 15:18 - Mar 5 with 4280 viewsDarran

Fans leaving early on 11:32 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Why do you leave early then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fans leaving early on 17:18 - Mar 5 with 4167 viewssP7qupUf

Watching Sunderland v Mancs at mo. Sunderland fans leaving when second went in just before the hour!!
Fans leaving early on 17:18 - Mar 5 with 4161 viewsperchrockjack

Great minds

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fans leaving early on 17:22 - Mar 5 with 4155 viewsNeath_Jack

Fans leaving early on 15:18 - Mar 5 by Darran

Why do you leave early then?

Superstition mostly.

And i'm not normally a superstitious person per se, but i'm murder when it comes to the Swans. If we lose and i'm wearing a certain pair of daps or shoes, they don't get worn again that season. Weird as f*ck but there we go.

Fans leaving early on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 4094 viewsJBT95

Fans leaving early on 11:26 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Why 83 mins? You must have missed a lot of action in your time.

Not getting away post match is just part and parcel of going to the game.

Although I was back in my Newport house at 6:40pm.

Maybe box clever and park elsewhere?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 17:55]
Fans leaving early on 18:26 - Mar 5 with 4014 viewsperplex

We leave our seats a few minutes early and than watch the last couple of minutes on the stairs, then as soon soon as the final whistle goes make a bee line to the car meaning we save at least 30 minutes getting home, so no doubt the ones around us who have breakdowns about people leaving early think we miss all the late goals when in fact we do not, but we are still home having a cuppa while there still stuck in the traffic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024