Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arse 21:40 - Mar 7 with 1515 viewsPrivate_Partz

Stuffed again. I suspect Wenger is on his way. Thankfully too early for them to go sniffing after Clem
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 21:41]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Arse on 21:48 - Mar 7 with 1476 viewsGlyn1

It's nice to see that Ancellotti managed to survive without Clement propping him up. I was a bit worried for him before the match, tbh.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Arse on 22:10 - Mar 7 with 1408 viewsSwansNZ

The arse got a hammering again (ooh err missus)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arse on 22:12 - Mar 7 with 1392 viewsairedale

I wonder if there will be YouTube video of Arsenal fans giving post match interviews?
Arse on 22:20 - Mar 7 with 1354 viewsjack2jack

Arse on 22:12 - Mar 7 by airedale

I wonder if there will be YouTube video of Arsenal fans giving post match interviews?

There are plenty ringing up talkSPORT,theyre not exactly happy.
Arse on 22:49 - Mar 7 with 1299 viewsSwansNZ

Arse on 22:20 - Mar 7 by jack2jack

There are plenty ringing up talkSPORT,theyre not exactly happy.

What’s wrong with them, most clubs would love to be in the top 6 of the PL and knockout stages of the Champions League — some people don’t know how lucky they are!

Arse on 22:52 - Mar 7 with 1290 viewsblueytheblue

They won't sniff around Clement.

After all, Alexi Lalas did say Bobo Bradley was good enough to manage Arsenal.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Arse on 22:56 - Mar 7 with 1265 viewsDarran

Arse on 22:49 - Mar 7 by SwansNZ

What’s wrong with them, most clubs would love to be in the top 6 of the PL and knockout stages of the Champions League — some people don’t know how lucky they are!

I agree and the amount of Swans fans laughing at Arsenal on twitter is bizarre in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arse on 23:16 - Mar 7 with 1200 viewsjack2jack

Arse on 22:56 - Mar 7 by Darran

I agree and the amount of Swans fans laughing at Arsenal on twitter is bizarre in my opinion.

Us Swansea fans weren't exactly rocking with laughter a couple of months ago either.Easy to the the milk when things are going well Eh!
Login to get fewer ads

Arse on 23:17 - Mar 7 with 1195 viewsDarran

Arse on 23:16 - Mar 7 by jack2jack

Us Swansea fans weren't exactly rocking with laughter a couple of months ago either.Easy to the the milk when things are going well Eh!

Absolutely and we're far from safe at the momemt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arse on 23:24 - Mar 7 with 1189 viewsjack2jack

Arse on 23:17 - Mar 7 by Darran

Absolutely and we're far from safe at the momemt.

Indeed
Arse on 23:30 - Mar 7 with 1170 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

They should be challenging for titles and putting in respectable performances against teams in the Champions League.

Why shouldn't their fans demand more? Our rightful place is probably at the top end of League 1 yet I'm sure most would be furious if we were to regress back to such a level. Questioning Arsenal fans for being upset at their constant underachievement is rich coming from fans whose team is currently going through the greatest spell in its history.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Arse on 23:50 - Mar 7 with 1137 viewsJethroJack

Arse on 23:30 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They should be challenging for titles and putting in respectable performances against teams in the Champions League.

Why shouldn't their fans demand more? Our rightful place is probably at the top end of League 1 yet I'm sure most would be furious if we were to regress back to such a level. Questioning Arsenal fans for being upset at their constant underachievement is rich coming from fans whose team is currently going through the greatest spell in its history.

"Our rightful place is at the top end of League 1" 😁
It won't be long before you achieve your rightful place...Warnock will see to that.
Arse on 23:50 - Mar 7 with 1136 viewsSwansNZ

Arse on 23:30 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You’re funny — top end of L1 — sure you don’t mean middle of L2?

Are Arsenal underachieving? They have never done much in the Champions League. Of course, most PL teams have not done very well when playing one of the top European teams in the knockout stages.

Arse on 00:08 - Mar 8 with 1103 viewsLoyal

Arsenal have no European pedigree EVER !
Why would they have one now ....
Very odd.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Arse on 07:13 - Mar 8 with 1016 viewsairedale

If Munich can beat the likes of Arsenal 10 - 2 over two legs, then it stands to reason that they would do the same or worse to nearly all PL clubs.
Arse on 07:24 - Mar 8 with 999 viewsSwansNZ

Arse on 07:13 - Mar 8 by airedale

If Munich can beat the likes of Arsenal 10 - 2 over two legs, then it stands to reason that they would do the same or worse to nearly all PL clubs.

Except the mighty Swans, of course.

Arse on 09:07 - Mar 8 with 900 viewsperchrockjack

Always being discussed by Adrian Durham and goughy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Arse on 09:23 - Mar 8 with 876 viewsDr_Winston

Arse on 07:13 - Mar 8 by airedale

I dunno.

There's a fragility about Arsenal, both mental and physical. Without Koscielny they're about as durable as we were under Bradley. I'd fancy quite a few Prem teams to put up a better show against Bayern. Probably would still lose, but not by 10-2.

It's just a shame we played Arsenal so early in Clement's tenure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arse on 09:59 - Mar 8 with 835 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stayed at least 10 years too long. Wenger was outstanding for his first 8 years. That team with Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljungberg, Wright, Vieira was incredible and going unbeaten in the Premier League is an astonishing achievement. Built the Emirates on the back of it but should have quit whilst ahead when it opened. Would probably suit international management now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Arse on 10:17 - Mar 8 with 807 viewslonglostjack

Arse on 09:23 - Mar 8 by Dr_Winston

I dunno.

There's a fragility about Arsenal, both mental and physical. Without Koscielny they're about as durable as we were under Bradley. I'd fancy quite a few Prem teams to put up a better show against Bayern. Probably would still lose, but not by 10-2.

It's just a shame we played Arsenal so early in Clement's tenure.

True. Swings and roundabouts though. We got to play Leicester at the tail end of Ranieri.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Arse on 11:56 - Mar 8 with 747 viewsUppa_Swans

Just to play devil's advocate:

Wenger’s glory years from 1996 till 2006 essentially made a rod for his own back. I don’t doubt that there are serious psychological issues in that squad but a lot of the media hysteria is strange.

When he came to the PL, Wenger absolutely blew the socks off English football by adopting that fresh brand of football and statistical analysis of the transfer market. The footballing equivalent of the whole Moneyball thing in baseball, basically. No one else was doing this, which goes some way to explaining their early success — but teams noticed how strong this was and took on the same methods.

The Oakland Raiders were nowhere near as successful when other sides cottoned on to Billy Beane’s love of stats and data, and started doing the same thing themselves. Similar thing has happened to Wenger. Can you really judge him on his early successes when everyone around him is now using the same methods?

From 2006 onwards the teams around Arsenal got taken over by oligarchs — despite Kroenke possessing serious dough, he is not the kind of owner to throw billions at a club in the same vein as Abramovich, Sheikh Mansour and the Glazers.

Arsenal are said to be the 7th/8th richest club in Europe. Is constantly finishing 4th really that bad when you consider that the 3 teams normally above them (note I said normally, not always) will all place higher on the rich list? Similarly, they seem to get knocked out of the CL each year by Bayern or Barca. Both these teams are also bigger brands. The manner in last night’s defeat was bad, but is the outcome that unexpected?
Arse on 14:43 - Mar 8 with 649 viewsDafyddHuw

Arse on 22:49 - Mar 7 by SwansNZ

It's called "being spoilt".

Imagine not being satisfied with achieving top 4 and Champions league season after season afte season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024