Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Utterly Shameful Performance 17:04 - Mar 11 with 12170 viewsTheResurrection

I'm furious with our pathetic display today and the lazy, half hearted, complacent way we approached almost all the game.

Yes I know there were individual mistakes and missed chances but this performance was down to every single one of them and especially the manager.

We were all over the shop and the discipline we have played so well with went out the window. I didn't recognise us from the side that played at Liverpool and Man City and to play with this attitude today disgusts me.

We're right back in it now with next week looking ominous.

And that pitch was also a disgrace!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 15:52 - Mar 16 with 485 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 15:25 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

Clement once again talking about the big problem Saturday.

Take your time Jack, put down the clay for a minute and listen...

"""“We have reflected on Hull and it was very clear where we didn’t do so well,” he said.
“We need to improve defensively. We did some quite good things offensively at Hull, but defensively we were too open, not just for the two goals but throughout the game.
“The spaces between our players were too big. The players understand that and we are ready to go.
“We have worked on it and we will be better in that area this weekend, that’s for sure.”"""

If I could type more slowly for you, I would.

Where have I denied any of that? You aren't pointing out anything revolutionary.

Do you think that was the ONLY problem?
Do you think the substitutions affected the way we played? That includes positional discipline.

Seeing as you didn't answer on the Llorente thread, maybe you can answer my questions about contradicting yourself here...

Did you think Llorente played badly or didn't have any service? You claimed both (the Clement comment you just posted indicates he thought we were ok offensively, not sure I agree, but he knows more than me).

Did you genuinely think we were as good in the second half as the first, or were you just basing that on the two clear cut chances? Again, you claimed both.

Finally, would you expect Clement, or any manager, to come out and say the substitutions he made didn't work? For me they didn't, you seem to be happy with them?
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 16:17 - Mar 16 with 477 viewsperchrockjack

And hopefully Chris our Saturday and indeed the rest of the week isnt ruined

Time for the players to show they care about their performance

I'm expecting a real response from them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 16:43 - Mar 16 with 447 viewsbuilthjack

LISTEN

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 17:11 - Mar 16 with 415 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 15:52 - Mar 16 by jack247

If I could type more slowly for you, I would.

Where have I denied any of that? You aren't pointing out anything revolutionary.

Do you think that was the ONLY problem?
Do you think the substitutions affected the way we played? That includes positional discipline.

Seeing as you didn't answer on the Llorente thread, maybe you can answer my questions about contradicting yourself here...

Did you think Llorente played badly or didn't have any service? You claimed both (the Clement comment you just posted indicates he thought we were ok offensively, not sure I agree, but he knows more than me).

Did you genuinely think we were as good in the second half as the first, or were you just basing that on the two clear cut chances? Again, you claimed both.

Finally, would you expect Clement, or any manager, to come out and say the substitutions he made didn't work? For me they didn't, you seem to be happy with them?

You have embarrassed yourself on this thread mate.

Llorente or Ayew were insignificant to the real issue Saturday, and that was the shameful way we exposed our back 4 from being all over the shop.

You keep talking tripe about Amat, Llorente, Ayew, it just reinforces the fact you'e missed the real issue and what was ultimately to blame. The execution of our set up was left wanting, Fer the biggest culprit for not holding shape followed by Siggy.

You type as slow as your brain can catch up. Judging by your comments on here I'll expect a reply in 2018.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:14 - Mar 16 with 408 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 16:17 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

And hopefully Chris our Saturday and indeed the rest of the week isnt ruined

Time for the players to show they care about their performance

I'm expecting a real response from them

They certainly ruined my Saturday, Rich, and what made it worse, was that they just decided on the day to turn in such an ill-disciplined performance. It was almost unforgivable given the opposition.

With just a bit more concentration and like you said, care, we could and should be at least 5 ahead of them now and virtually writing them off.

That in itself is why it was so bloody shameful. Yeah, we had our issues in the game but all that aside, if we'd have kept to the Clement script since January none of that would have mattered.

Idiots saying differently just don't get it.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:17 - Mar 16 with 398 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:14 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

They certainly ruined my Saturday, Rich, and what made it worse, was that they just decided on the day to turn in such an ill-disciplined performance. It was almost unforgivable given the opposition.

With just a bit more concentration and like you said, care, we could and should be at least 5 ahead of them now and virtually writing them off.

That in itself is why it was so bloody shameful. Yeah, we had our issues in the game but all that aside, if we'd have kept to the Clement script since January none of that would have mattered.

If we'd won we'd be 9 ahead of them now.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:18 - Mar 16 with 397 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:17 - Mar 16 by Darran

If we'd won we'd be 9 ahead of them now.

Just saying.

they've beaten us 3 times this season perhaps they are just a better team

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:21 - Mar 16 with 385 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:18 - Mar 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

they've beaten us 3 times this season perhaps they are just a better team

No need to tell me Tom it's football.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:26 - Mar 16 with 378 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 17:14 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

I know i will get abuse but hey ho
No one disputes we lost our shape but you fail to accept that the substitutions contributed to some of that. Listen again to Pauls press conference today where he talks of picking a consisntent team......one used to playing together and knowing what is what...something that was a failing of his predessecor. Why do that I wonder?
The changes disrupted us along with as you say in your opening post no protection from the ref. But according to you it was only because the players didnt keep to the script.....maybe someone should have told Hull and the ref that too?
Others are entitled to opinions this is what this forum is about and do not resort to abuse and "bullying" when they are disagreed with .
How I miss the old days where we would moan over a few pints after the came all give our points of view then as the week wore on focus more on the next game....who said computers were a way forward? All I see are in this case being a means to reverse evolution as many on here descend back to cavemen
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 17:33]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 364 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 17:11 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

You have embarrassed yourself on this thread mate.

Llorente or Ayew were insignificant to the real issue Saturday, and that was the shameful way we exposed our back 4 from being all over the shop.

You keep talking tripe about Amat, Llorente, Ayew, it just reinforces the fact you'e missed the real issue and what was ultimately to blame. The execution of our set up was left wanting, Fer the biggest culprit for not holding shape followed by Siggy.

You type as slow as your brain can catch up. Judging by your comments on here I'll expect a reply in 2018.

Ok.

I'll say it one more time, because there are only so many times I can tell you the same thing.

I didn't disagree with what you said. I said it wasn't the only issue. In my view, we looked a more cohesive, structured and dangerous unit in the first half. I think that losing Llorente and Rangel was significant in us being less cohesive, structured and dangerous in the second half. Amat and Ayew aren't like for like swaps and we asked them to do jobs they weren't suited to. Part of the reason for us losing control in midfield was trying to support Ayew quicker than Llorente and thus losing our shape.

You of course thing the substitutions had nothing to do with it. You even said we were no better in the first half than the second.

You identify one issue and think that's it. Your opinions are too black and white.

Are you going to ignore the questions about contradicting yourself for a third time?
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 18:01 - Mar 16 with 938 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not bothered if I get abuse either but we have a SQUAD that train together every day.

They know their jobs

They didn't do them last week

Jeez Clem has stated this much

No good accepting second rate

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 18:25 - Mar 16 with 885 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 18:01 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

I'm not bothered if I get abuse either but we have a SQUAD that train together every day.

They know their jobs

Our squad isn't strong enough, we are ok at the back and in midfield, numbers wise we have enough wingers, but ideally needed someone to replace Routs. Our starting eleven will give most teams a game. Had Baston worked out, or we signed someone who could do the same job as Llorente, we wouldn't be so reliant. Having two right backs injured at the same time is unfortunate. No doubt Res will disagree
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 20:02 - Mar 16 with 888 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 17:30 - Mar 16 by jack247

Ok.

I'll say it one more time, because there are only so many times I can tell you the same thing.

I didn't disagree with what you said. I said it wasn't the only issue. In my view, we looked a more cohesive, structured and dangerous unit in the first half. I think that losing Llorente and Rangel was significant in us being less cohesive, structured and dangerous in the second half. Amat and Ayew aren't like for like swaps and we asked them to do jobs they weren't suited to. Part of the reason for us losing control in midfield was trying to support Ayew quicker than Llorente and thus losing our shape.

You of course thing the substitutions had nothing to do with it. You even said we were no better in the first half than the second.

You identify one issue and think that's it. Your opinions are too black and white.

Are you going to ignore the questions about contradicting yourself for a third time?

""Part of the reason for us losing control in midfield was trying to support Ayew quicker than Llorente and thus losing our shape. ""

Hahaha come on now... Dear God.

It wasn't. It had nothing to do with it. You are again focussing erroneously on being a dangerous unit. Clement was ok with this, this wasn't the problem, reason you keep mentioning it and focusing on it is comical.

THE ONE MAJOR ISSUE - THE ISSUE CLEMENT WOULD BE WORKING ON NOT HAPPENING AGAIN. This is being shapeless WITHOUT the ball apart from very fleeting glimpses. If you watch back from 33.00 you'll see us do it at our best. If you watch from 34.00 to 39.00 you'll see us abandon it and they turn us time after time. Llorente was on the pitch at this point if memory serves me correctly. This happened ALL game. It was crap from us and Clement knows it.

Routledge and Fer were out pf position in the above example, Fer was out of position the most during the second half.

Your pitiful debate about Ayew or Llorente isn't worthy of an answer as you're so way off the mark in looking for what Clement would have wanted to have got them on the training ground to sort out. It wouldn't have been a bollocking for either striker, or full back. But Fer, Siggy, Routs would have had both barrels, as we left ourselves too open and we were anything like being compact.

This had nothing to do with us being dangerous FFS, or the ref or injuries. Clement was hey ok with all that. There's nothing we could have done about it, but being ill-disciplined was shameful and reckless.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 20:07 - Mar 16 with 882 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 18:01 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

They know their jobs

Bang on.

They know their jobs under Clement - they know when one has to press and when they need to fall back into line. They know not to be too far away from their next position team mate and know not to leave massive gaps for teams to play through us and turn our midfield putting pressure on our defence.

Our squad is strong enough to get this right and Clement will have got into them all week so we should be at least guaranteed of a reaction and a more disciplined performance against Bournemouth.

Fer and Siggy need to work the hardest at this as they both have instinctive tendencies to drift forward.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 20:31 - Mar 16 with 827 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 20:02 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

""Part of the reason for us losing control in midfield was trying to support Ayew quicker than Llorente and thus losing our shape. ""

It wasn't. It had nothing to do with it. You are again focussing erroneously on being a dangerous unit. Clement was ok with this, this wasn't the problem, reason you keep mentioning it and focusing on it is comical.

THE ONE MAJOR ISSUE - THE ISSUE CLEMENT WOULD BE WORKING ON NOT HAPPENING AGAIN. This is being shapeless WITHOUT the ball apart from very fleeting glimpses. If you watch back from 33.00 you'll see us do it at our best. If you watch from 34.00 to 39.00 you'll see us abandon it and they turn us time after time. Llorente was on the pitch at this point if memory serves me correctly. This happened ALL game. It was crap from us and Clement knows it.

Routledge and Fer were out pf position in the above example, Fer was out of position the most during the second half.

Your pitiful debate about Ayew or Llorente isn't worthy of an answer as you're so way off the mark in looking for what Clement would have wanted to have got them on the training ground to sort out. It wouldn't have been a bollocking for either striker, or full back. But Fer, Siggy, Routs would have had both barrels, as we left ourselves too open and we were anything like being compact.

This had nothing to do with us being dangerous FFS, or the ref or injuries. Clement was hey ok with all that. There's nothing we could have done about it, but being ill-disciplined was shameful and reckless.

Yeah, yeah I know, you said that already. Nobody disagreed.

We weren't shapeless all game. You just made that up. We were comfortable and compact most of the first half. I'm not gonna to watch back from minute 33 to 39. I will point out though, that Amat replaced Rangel in the 33rd minute.

Do you think Fer, Siggy and Routledge all coincidentally had off days, playing with one teammate out of position and another in a position that may suit him but a role that doesn't? Couldn't have been anything to do with the injuries could it?

How about contradicting yourself?
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 21:55 - Mar 16 with 787 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 20:07 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

Bang on.

They know their jobs under Clement - they know when one has to press and when they need to fall back into line. They know not to be too far away from their next position team mate and know not to leave massive gaps for teams to play through us and turn our midfield putting pressure on our defence.

Our squad is strong enough to get this right and Clement will have got into them all week so we should be at least guaranteed of a reaction and a more disciplined performance against Bournemouth.

Fer and Siggy need to work the hardest at this as they both have instinctive tendencies to drift forward.

So if we were falling apart from the 39th minute as you say. Con incidentally after Rangel was subbed and Llorente though still on the field was suffering with his dead leg from around that time so he became ineffective
Despite these facts you keep choosing to ignore and keep digging your hole why wasn't this all corrected at half time through PCs half time talk?
Or from the sidelines early in the second half
We all agree that we opened up but it's not all down to your view that the players lost the plot.
You say in the opening post the team was not recognisable to the one that played Liverpool or Man City ....reason for that could be it wasn't the same team Knaughton and Llorente were missing!
You quote things go awry from the 33rd minute.....around the time Amat came on and Llorente took a knock but hey ho Chris knows best

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 782 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 20:02 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

By the way Amat came on at 33minuteso so to quote you watch back from 33 you'll see us do it at our best
If you watch from 34 to 39 etc you'll see us abonden this what happened at 33 Rangel was substituted for Amat!
Obviously this had nothing to do with the injuries
Read what you post and check the facts
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 22:16]

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 760 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 21:55 - Mar 16 by vetchonian

So if we were falling apart from the 39th minute as you say. Con incidentally after Rangel was subbed and Llorente though still on the field was suffering with his dead leg from around that time so he became ineffective
Despite these facts you keep choosing to ignore and keep digging your hole why wasn't this all corrected at half time through PCs half time talk?
Or from the sidelines early in the second half
We all agree that we opened up but it's not all down to your view that the players lost the plot.
You say in the opening post the team was not recognisable to the one that played Liverpool or Man City ....reason for that could be it wasn't the same team Knaughton and Llorente were missing!
You quote things go awry from the 33rd minute.....around the time Amat came on and Llorente took a knock but hey ho Chris knows best

No I didn't say any of that especially from the 33rd minute.

Maybe your reading is as bad as your writing. I can't help you here, that's what school was for.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:38 - Mar 16 with 749 viewsperchrockjack

If the players didn't lose the plot then that makes Hull a better side who won fair and square by having greater talent

It's really worrying to see posters defend players just because they are employed by scfc

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 22:39 - Mar 16 with 748 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 22:00 - Mar 16 by vetchonian

By the way Amat came on at 33minuteso so to quote you watch back from 33 you'll see us do it at our best
If you watch from 34 to 39 etc you'll see us abonden this what happened at 33 Rangel was substituted for Amat!
Obviously this had nothing to do with the injuries
Read what you post and check the facts
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 22:16]

FFS one more for the thicko's.

The times quoted are just to give a quick snapshot and best examples to illustrate when we are disciplined and when we are not.

It happened throughout the game but I've just given you a chance to watch 5 minutes back and learn about the game. Play it from 33 and you'll see Hull can't do a thing with it for a whole minute and then they give it back. Amat was on for this excellent defensive work. Then play it a bit longer and you'll see Routs and Fer caught ball watching and McGuire play it through the lines and turn us.

I could have chosen times before or after... It happened all game.

Get with the programme mate.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:40 - Mar 16 with 748 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:33 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

No I didn't say any of that especially from the 33rd minute.

Maybe your reading is as bad as your writing. I can't help you here, that's what school was for.

Just check back and see what you wrote

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:43 - Mar 16 with 743 viewsperchrockjack

Have you read nantywatcher s classic

The most arse clenching post in years regarding rots misses

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:51 - Mar 16 with 736 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:38 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

If the players didn't lose the plot then that makes Hull a better side who won fair and square by having greater talent

It's really worrying to see posters defend players just because they are employed by scfc

Perch
My opinion is that there was more to this than just the players losing the plot as T2C is banging on about.
The substituting had an effect despite Chris continuing to contradict himself quoting facts then trying to deny what he said.I will never defend players just because they wear a Swansea shirt at the end of the day we lost several factors contributed to that.
State of the pitch
Injuries leading to personnel changes.......resulting in loss of selection consistency which Clement touches upon in his presser today....which affected how we played despite T2C protestations and as I have pointed out he himself alludes to this in his opening post when he mentions the teams that played Liverpool and Man City to the one playing at Hull and uses specific timelines which coincide with significant events ie injuries and subs but then tries to change his story.
I
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 22:52]

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:56 - Mar 16 with 730 viewsperchrockjack

I appreciate your opinion but ,sorry, we had enough resources to cover

They are highly paid pros in the prem league

FF single handedly gave the impetus ,as he s done before.

It's key players making key errors

Little captaincy ,little regrouping . Cork lacking

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 00:05 - Mar 17 with 703 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:51 - Mar 16 by vetchonian

Perch
My opinion is that there was more to this than just the players losing the plot as T2C is banging on about.
The substituting had an effect despite Chris continuing to contradict himself quoting facts then trying to deny what he said.I will never defend players just because they wear a Swansea shirt at the end of the day we lost several factors contributed to that.
State of the pitch
Injuries leading to personnel changes.......resulting in loss of selection consistency which Clement touches upon in his presser today....which affected how we played despite T2C protestations and as I have pointed out he himself alludes to this in his opening post when he mentions the teams that played Liverpool and Man City to the one playing at Hull and uses specific timelines which coincide with significant events ie injuries and subs but then tries to change his story.
I
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 22:52]

I know you're not the brightest on here but here's what I said....

"""If anyone is interested in the way our discipline went out the window a great example is from the second Angel went off on 33.00 minutes to around 39. First of all you see the best of us. From 33.00 to 33.58 you see them passing it around looking for options, back and fore, back and fore but there's nothing on for them as we're set up brilliantly. Their right back tries to play a pass down our left and it trickles all the way to Fabiański. Perfect. The camera pans to the crowd and they're sat there bored, frustrated and with a look of impending doom.

But then Fer and Routs are caught ball watching a very short time later and both caught on.the half way line out of shape. Maguire brings it out of defence and cuts the pair of them out and finds Grosicki or whatever his name is. Our midfield is turned and out of the game and we're chasing him from behind with our defence on the back foot and exposed. The next 3 or 4 minutes we don't recover from this and the camera pans to the crowd and they're bang up for it clapping and shouting. """

A great "EXAMPLE"

NOT. THAT IT STARTED OR ENDED AT THAT POINT but that 5 minutes is well worth a watch to anyone interested in the finer, more tactical side of the game.

At the beginning you see us execute Clement's plan to perfection and then for no other reason other than ill sodding discipline you see us getting turned over repeatedly and the crowd getting off their seats.

Watch it back and learn instead of spouting more drivel.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024