Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Utterly Shameful Performance 17:04 - Mar 11 with 12165 viewsTheResurrection

I'm furious with our pathetic display today and the lazy, half hearted, complacent way we approached almost all the game.

Yes I know there were individual mistakes and missed chances but this performance was down to every single one of them and especially the manager.

We were all over the shop and the discipline we have played so well with went out the window. I didn't recognise us from the side that played at Liverpool and Man City and to play with this attitude today disgusts me.

We're right back in it now with next week looking ominous.

And that pitch was also a disgrace!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 21:41 - Mar 12 with 1101 viewskarnataka

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 20:24 - Mar 12 by vetchonian

Once again the op has to be right.
A couple of observations which are probably repeating others
Amat is not a like for like replacement for Rangel or Naughton whist being a capable defender he is not a full back with attacking skills.
Ayew is not a like for like replacement for Ayew
These changes affected our shape .....but in reality Hull struggled to break us down until they made their sub and went with two up top. We lost possession and that led to a goal.
You mention no plan b I cannot understand why at half time Clement didn't make a change to our formation to better suit the players we had on the park.
Why not switch to 3-1-5-1
Play Amat,Fernandez ,and Mawson at the back , Cork in front of them then push Olsen up into the midfield with Olsen,Carrol,Siggy,Fer and Routledge filling the midfield with Ayew up top.
This would have given a wall for Hull to try to get through using Olsen and Routledge to track the Hull wingers back.
So whilst I have admiration for our new manager I do think maybe a tactical change at halftime to better suit those we had on the pitch was needed.
As pointed out MOTD we still played the same way as they Llorente was on the pitch and did get some balls into the zone but they were out of Ayews height reach or fell to WR .
but hey no lets attack the players again and single out Siggy again

Indeed, I said at half time on the matchday thread that I was hoping we would have come out for the second half with a different shape and tactical plan to suit the personnel and I was gutted to see that we didn't.

Your suggestion of 3 at the back and pack the midfield would have been a decent option under the circumstances. A bit radical I know but it even crossed my mind that we could have brought Kingsley on at RB, partner Amat with Fed in the centre of defence and play Mawson up front as the target man as his goalscoring record from the number of chances he has had is exceptional and as good as or better than most strikers. Doing nothing killed us.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 21:41]
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 21:53 - Mar 12 with 1077 viewsmorningstar

I'm sorry, but whatever went wrong yesterday, i'm not subscribing to this 'they kicked the shit out of us and the ref let it go'. However poor a ref can be that simply didn't happen. Yeah they we're very physical but some of you are comparing it to the Christians being thrown to the lions and the ref giving us the thumbs down!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:41 - Mar 12 with 1029 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 20:24 - Mar 12 by vetchonian

Once again the op has to be right.
A couple of observations which are probably repeating others
Amat is not a like for like replacement for Rangel or Naughton whist being a capable defender he is not a full back with attacking skills.
Ayew is not a like for like replacement for Ayew
These changes affected our shape .....but in reality Hull struggled to break us down until they made their sub and went with two up top. We lost possession and that led to a goal.
You mention no plan b I cannot understand why at half time Clement didn't make a change to our formation to better suit the players we had on the park.
Why not switch to 3-1-5-1
Play Amat,Fernandez ,and Mawson at the back , Cork in front of them then push Olsen up into the midfield with Olsen,Carrol,Siggy,Fer and Routledge filling the midfield with Ayew up top.
This would have given a wall for Hull to try to get through using Olsen and Routledge to track the Hull wingers back.
So whilst I have admiration for our new manager I do think maybe a tactical change at halftime to better suit those we had on the pitch was needed.
As pointed out MOTD we still played the same way as they Llorente was on the pitch and did get some balls into the zone but they were out of Ayews height reach or fell to WR .
but hey no lets attack the players again and single out Siggy again

The changes didn't affect our "shape" - you clearly don't know what shape is so please stop jabbering on.

We were 4-5-1 before and 4-5-1 after. Dear God, FFS!!

And this 3-1-5-1-3-5-8 and the rest of your claptrap. You just don't get it do you?! I am seriously at a loss for words

This is the type of mug I'm actually giving the time of day to on here.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:46 - Mar 12 with 1006 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 21:41 - Mar 12 by karnataka

Indeed, I said at half time on the matchday thread that I was hoping we would have come out for the second half with a different shape and tactical plan to suit the personnel and I was gutted to see that we didn't.

Your suggestion of 3 at the back and pack the midfield would have been a decent option under the circumstances. A bit radical I know but it even crossed my mind that we could have brought Kingsley on at RB, partner Amat with Fed in the centre of defence and play Mawson up front as the target man as his goalscoring record from the number of chances he has had is exceptional and as good as or better than most strikers. Doing nothing killed us.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 21:41]

Oh FFS not another one...

You don't abandon a tried and tested formation for some wacky 3 at the back because of injuries.

Some serious heads in the clouds here.

It's simple. If we were as compact as we have been and disciplined enough to fall back into shape without the ball we'd have got a point maybe 3. The players decided to fack it though and go for it.

There lies the problem not Mickey Mouse formations.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:59 - Mar 12 with 989 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 20:07 - Mar 12 by Pokerface

From reading this thread.... he has alot in common with Bob.

A kindred spirit in fairness.

I am still searching for Clements comments that agree with all the views The Resurrection has said on here. Struggling to find them.

Injuries yesterday affected us tremendously. No excuse for some of the poor defending and missed chances but what an OTT thread.

Are you struggling to click a link or something? Is there something amiss with you, like?

Clement bemoans the missed chances, he said he was limited with tactical changes coaches may make come the latter part etc...

BUT THE MOST DISAPPOINTING WAS THE MESS WE GOT IN FOR THE 2 GOALS.
WHERE WE"D BEEN COMPACT IN PREVIOUS GAMES AND WHAT WE WORKED ON blah blah blah....

How much more do you want it spelt out FFS.

Pokerface my cock!!?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:04 - Mar 12 with 975 viewsPokerface

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:59 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Are you struggling to click a link or something? Is there something amiss with you, like?

Clement bemoans the missed chances, he said he was limited with tactical changes coaches may make come the latter part etc...

BUT THE MOST DISAPPOINTING WAS THE MESS WE GOT IN FOR THE 2 GOALS.
WHERE WE"D BEEN COMPACT IN PREVIOUS GAMES AND WHAT WE WORKED ON blah blah blah....

How much more do you want it spelt out FFS.

Pokerface my cock!!?

You know little about football... same as Bob, same player assessment of players as Bob.

Give it a rest and sleep it off... do us all a favour.. 48 hours of your arse dribble.

Cheers

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:10 - Mar 12 with 965 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:04 - Mar 12 by Pokerface

You know little about football... same as Bob, same player assessment of players as Bob.

Give it a rest and sleep it off... do us all a favour.. 48 hours of your arse dribble.

Cheers

Don't come up against me again, I'll keep on embarrassing you.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:15 - Mar 12 with 958 viewsPokerface

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:10 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Don't come up against me again, I'll keep on embarrassing you.

Your team analysis is based on your mood - alcohol intake.

Keep it up - entertaining if nothing else.

If we are men on here today...

We'd not be throwing our toys out of our childish prams. We'd not be slaughtering our players who have stood up to a man the last few games and given their all.

Login to get fewer ads

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:22 - Mar 12 with 936 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:15 - Mar 12 by Pokerface

We'd not be throwing our toys out of our childish prams. We'd not be slaughtering our players who have stood up to a man the last few games and given their all.

Fed up with nonce.com are you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:49 - Mar 12 with 908 viewsTheResurrection

No alcohol for me all weekend, Squire...

Not very good at this are you?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:49 - Mar 12 with 905 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:22 - Mar 12 by Darran

Fed up with nonce.com are you?

Who is he?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:55 - Mar 12 with 901 viewsPokerface

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:49 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Who is he?

Lol. Gave the answer I thought you would.

We are all welcome to our opinions. Well done you.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:58 - Mar 12 with 883 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:49 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Who is he?

He's a poster that's been banned from here twice in the past.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 00:08 - Mar 13 with 878 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 23:58 - Mar 12 by Darran

He's a poster that's been banned from here twice in the past.

What's his name?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 00:09 - Mar 13 with 867 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 00:08 - Mar 13 by TheResurrection

What's his name?

Bob.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 01:14 - Mar 13 with 837 viewsPokerface

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 00:09 - Mar 13 by Darran

Bob.

I am not Bob. Try harder.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 01:17 - Mar 13 with 830 viewsLoyal

Get a pair of tits in your face life seems so much better for it. 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 01:32 - Mar 13 with 815 viewsPokerface

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 01:17 - Mar 13 by Loyal

Get a pair of tits in your face life seems so much better for it. 👍

I have a pair of tits in my face.

Darr and The Erection.

Thats enough.

Both know f@ck all about football. But in fairness to Darr he doesn't pretend to know anything about footy. When he does he looks a fool.

The erection pretends to know footy and gets aggressive when challenged because he is tough and loves challenging all comers with an opinion different to his own but he is clueless. Keep it simple. He would have sold Siggy and Llorente. He is lashing out as his ineptitude has been spotted by many.

They are both good for a laugh. If you can ignore the bullying / aggression approach of them.both

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:47 - Mar 13 with 715 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 22:41 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

The changes didn't affect our "shape" - you clearly don't know what shape is so please stop jabbering on.

We were 4-5-1 before and 4-5-1 after. Dear God, FFS!!

And this 3-1-5-1-3-5-8 and the rest of your claptrap. You just don't get it do you?! I am seriously at a loss for words

This is the type of mug I'm actually giving the time of day to on here.

As charming as ever and ~I await the day you are at a loss for words....
Yes we were 4-5-1 before and after the changes but you talk of tried and tested ...we havent tried and tested this in a match situation with Amat a natural centre back playing at full back or a player of Ayews stature fitting into Llorentes shoes!!!
Their capabilites and thinking will be diferent to the players they replaced and whilst they are "experienced" professionals they do not play those roles week in week out.
What if we had put Leon at cewntre forward and Borja at right back wewould still be 4-5--1 but dont you think that wouldnt affect our shape.
Their goals came from two break aways the first as a result of us giving possesion high in their half they played quick balls through and caught us out.
Again my suggestion of an alternative formation was a opinion of perhaps a plan b to better suit the players on the park .....but then I forget anyone who disagrees with you is talking claptrap
remind me who was praising Bob and suggesting we sell Llorente and Siggy?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 707 viewstomdickharry

Come what may there must be a place for Leon at Bournemouth.
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 13:14 - Mar 13 with 1546 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:47 - Mar 13 by vetchonian

As charming as ever and ~I await the day you are at a loss for words....
Yes we were 4-5-1 before and after the changes but you talk of tried and tested ...we havent tried and tested this in a match situation with Amat a natural centre back playing at full back or a player of Ayews stature fitting into Llorentes shoes!!!
Their capabilites and thinking will be diferent to the players they replaced and whilst they are "experienced" professionals they do not play those roles week in week out.
What if we had put Leon at cewntre forward and Borja at right back wewould still be 4-5--1 but dont you think that wouldnt affect our shape.
Their goals came from two break aways the first as a result of us giving possesion high in their half they played quick balls through and caught us out.
Again my suggestion of an alternative formation was a opinion of perhaps a plan b to better suit the players on the park .....but then I forget anyone who disagrees with you is talking claptrap
remind me who was praising Bob and suggesting we sell Llorente and Siggy?

The ultimate childish response from everyone is Siggy and Llorente.

People seem to have conveniently forgotten how dire both of these players were for the majority of the season. Yeah they picked up goals and assists along the way and yeah we would have been screwed without them but the problem for me was obvious.

We never seemed to look like a team.

And Siggy was normally the worst culprit on the pitch for this. Have you forgotten all the times he'd try a stupid flick, pass, give possession away, run everywhere and play everywhere rather than his own disciplined position and then when a goal or 3 were scored against us, fling his arms around everywhere and stamp his feet on the ground.

This was also a time when NO ONE would have guessed we'd spend £20M in the January window.

The selling Siggy suggestion was a necessary evil to rebuild a squad that had been neglected for some time.

I wouldn't have advocated selling him otherwise - but there's no way I would have been making him the centre of attention in the Number 10 spot either.

Luckily for us all - Clement can see this as well. As I've mentioned already, some gimp asked him why he wasn't playing Siggy in the middle at No. 10 - "We tried that at Arsenal, it didn't work out so well" he said.

Yeah, it didn't - It hadn't worked out that well ALL SEASON before that for Siggy either.

Remember?? Course you do, you're just too yellow to admit it, instead it's a handy stick to use against me.

Llorente is playing better and his goal have been absolutely vital. I am glad he's stayed now as he's becoming very effective for us. But he wasn't always like this. In fact, he was bloody awful in the first half of the season barring chipping in with goals.

In the new formation we're getting more out of him, he doesn't have an errant Siggy running around like a headless chicken when he should be supporting him for one.

The other massive factor that nobody will ever know now, is that had we replaced them, what would the new boys have done. The way Clement sets us up and has got Olsson and Carroll off the ground immediately then I'm quietly confident he would have done that with Batshuyi, for example.

The game Saturday...

Amat would have trained at right back, at least I'm guessing he has. He's played there before and we train and set up like that, so he was given the nod maybe for his extra presence.

Amat was not the problem - not one bit.

Ayew also wold be training up top so used to the role, his first sub appearance was number 9.

So these are LIKE FOR LIKE replacements.

It's irrelevant if these players are better or worse - Clement has said that. They obviously aren't otherwise they'd be the ones starting, not FL and KN.

But all we had to do as a team was be compact, keep our shape and discipline and frustrate a Hull side who NEED the 3 points!! They would have to come at us and there would be gaps, the game would open up Clement said.

SO ONE LAST TIME - CLEMENT HAS MENTIONED ALL THE PROBLEMS WE HAD.....

BUT THE MAIN ISSUE FOR HIM - THE REAL ISSUE - WAS THE WAY WE ABANDONED WHAT WE'D BEEN DOING SO WELL IN PREVIOUS WEEKS AND LOST OUR SHAPE, COOL AND HEADS.

That came from the players thinking they wee better - they felt they didn't have to work so hard, get back into line or not over commit. They felt they could win the game without all that.

That was SHAMEFUL.

It's not about the formation or changing it to some wacky shit we don't practice. It's not even about the subs as gutting as it was to lose them, especially Naughton last week!!! Not about the ref who was a disgrace or the pitch which they should be fined for... We ULTIMATELY LET OURSELVES DOWN THROUGH LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!!

LISTEN TO HIS INTERVIEW FFS!!

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 14:41 - Mar 13 with 1459 viewsvetchonian

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 13:14 - Mar 13 by TheResurrection

People seem to have conveniently forgotten how dire both of these players were for the majority of the season. Yeah they picked up goals and assists along the way and yeah we would have been screwed without them but the problem for me was obvious.

And Siggy was normally the worst culprit on the pitch for this. Have you forgotten all the times he'd try a stupid flick, pass, give possession away, run everywhere and play everywhere rather than his own disciplined position and then when a goal or 3 were scored against us, fling his arms around everywhere and stamp his feet on the ground.

This was also a time when NO ONE would have guessed we'd spend £20M in the January window.

The selling Siggy suggestion was a necessary evil to rebuild a squad that had been neglected for some time.

I wouldn't have advocated selling him otherwise - but there's no way I would have been making him the centre of attention in the Number 10 spot either.

Luckily for us all - Clement can see this as well. As I've mentioned already, some gimp asked him why he wasn't playing Siggy in the middle at No. 10 - "We tried that at Arsenal, it didn't work out so well" he said.

Yeah, it didn't - It hadn't worked out that well ALL SEASON before that for Siggy either.

Remember?? Course you do, you're just too yellow to admit it, instead it's a handy stick to use against me.

Llorente is playing better and his goal have been absolutely vital. I am glad he's stayed now as he's becoming very effective for us. But he wasn't always like this. In fact, he was bloody awful in the first half of the season barring chipping in with goals.

In the new formation we're getting more out of him, he doesn't have an errant Siggy running around like a headless chicken when he should be supporting him for one.

The other massive factor that nobody will ever know now, is that had we replaced them, what would the new boys have done. The way Clement sets us up and has got Olsson and Carroll off the ground immediately then I'm quietly confident he would have done that with Batshuyi, for example.

The game Saturday...

Amat would have trained at right back, at least I'm guessing he has. He's played there before and we train and set up like that, so he was given the nod maybe for his extra presence.

Ayew also wold be training up top so used to the role, his first sub appearance was number 9.

It's irrelevant if these players are better or worse - Clement has said that. They obviously aren't otherwise they'd be the ones starting, not FL and KN.

But all we had to do as a team was be compact, keep our shape and discipline and frustrate a Hull side who NEED the 3 points!! They would have to come at us and there would be gaps, the game would open up Clement said.

BUT THE MAIN ISSUE FOR HIM - THE REAL ISSUE - WAS THE WAY WE ABANDONED WHAT WE'D BEEN DOING SO WELL IN PREVIOUS WEEKS AND LOST OUR SHAPE, COOL AND HEADS.

That came from the players thinking they wee better - they felt they didn't have to work so hard, get back into line or not over commit. They felt they could win the game without all that.

That was SHAMEFUL.

It's not about the formation or changing it to some wacky shit we don't practice. It's not even about the subs as gutting as it was to lose them, especially Naughton last week!!! Not about the ref who was a disgrace or the pitch which they should be fined for... We ULTIMATELY LET OURSELVES DOWN THROUGH LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!!

Read your post......you have identifed the issue from earlier in the season....we didnt look like a team..why becase the manager didnt have a scooby doo .
Prior to babbling Bob Guido was trying to make up for a poor pre season by trying to work things out on the pitch,just when he was starting to make progress he was sacked and Bob installed ...enough has been said on that one.
Re Siggy and Llorente the issue wasnt them it was the management...Clement has started to sort out some of that....and as you say we would certainly be screwed now without them.
You say we are getting more from him with the new formation.....but does Ayew suit that formation and that formation suit him? The answer is no he hasnt the height but still we pumped crosses in......that is what I meant by the substitutions affecting shape..Ayew cannot hold up the ball like Llorente...or feed others from his ariel exploits.....oh yes you quoted some stats about that ......Things changed when Hull made their change to two up top....before that Hull were getting frustrated and couldnt break us down
At the end of the day it was a bad day at the office. Hopefully PC will grill the players for not doing what he had asked of them but looking at the speed of the ball movement for the first goal when most of our team were pressing in the Hull half it was very difficult to get compact!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:44 - Mar 13 with 1413 viewsFieryJack

The game Saturday...

That was SHAMEFUL.

I was at the game - not that that means a lot when you consider that you get a better over all perspective watching on TV, rather than low down in a corner seat - and largely agree with this.

I must do because, whilst eating a chicken balti pie on the concourse at half time, I texted my brother to say our shape was starting to look worryingly ragged.

Not so sure, though, that this was because we thought we were too good for them. It seemed more that they were constantly clattering, niggling and bullying us all over the place and forced shapelessness on us - and put our main threat & target man off the pitch. That's the Hull way, I'm afraid. As said by others - they did the same to Liverpool & Man Utd.

We didn't frustrate them - they frustrated us. A fookin dismal day out all round.

Ayew did nowt wrong in my eyes, but he was rendered anonymous by a determined Hull defence - he was constantly being crowded out within a second of receiving the ball, and either lost possession or was forced into making difficult or ineffectual passes.

They did a job on us - albeit an ugly anti-football one.

Small margins - as has been said, if only Routledge had put those sitters away we'd have come away with something - and probably all 3 points.
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:47 - Mar 13 with 1410 viewsswancity

Certainly not a shameful performance. But Definately a poor one. Hindered by injury as well which no one can legislate for unless you have mystic powers that is.

All teams have off days where too many players under perform on the same day and when it happens it usually means a disappointing uneventful defeat. Certainly we could have defended both goals better and I'm sure PC will be furious with that whilst reminding the players this week that it wasn't any where near good enough

The difference now is that the new manager has given us every chance of staying up whilst under BB we were Definately down. I have no doubt about that. We will regroup and assuming that our star striker is fit for this weekend I'm sure that there will be a big improvement.

Surprised at the amount of doom and gloom after ONE bad day. This was the norm only two months ago and not just a 2-1 defeat either. Think Middlesbrough away. Then context and perspective.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:50 - Mar 13 with 1386 viewsjack247

The game Saturday...

That was SHAMEFUL.

You are never going to convince anyone with any sense that Amat for Rangel is a like for like substitution. Likewise Ayew for Llorente. They have different skill sets and were shoehorned into roles that don't suit them.

Just because Amat wasn't responsible for the goals doesn't mean he wasn't part of the problem. That's way too basic, you're normally far more astute than that. We couldn't build anything at all down that flank with him paired with Routledge and then Narsingh. That coupled with Ayew playing Llorentes role (as opposed to position) very badly meant we were very unlikely to score. That in turn gives Hull the impetus to attack us a bit more than they may have otherwise.

Yes, the attitude in the second half was embarrassing. 100% agree with you on that, but don't pretend that was the only issue when you know full well we had square pegs in round holes. Expected a bit more from Clement if I'm honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024