Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Utterly Shameful Performance 17:04 - Mar 11 with 12164 viewsTheResurrection

I'm furious with our pathetic display today and the lazy, half hearted, complacent way we approached almost all the game.

Yes I know there were individual mistakes and missed chances but this performance was down to every single one of them and especially the manager.

We were all over the shop and the discipline we have played so well with went out the window. I didn't recognise us from the side that played at Liverpool and Man City and to play with this attitude today disgusts me.

We're right back in it now with next week looking ominous.

And that pitch was also a disgrace!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:09 - Mar 13 with 1119 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:50 - Mar 13 by jack247

You are never going to convince anyone with any sense that Amat for Rangel is a like for like substitution. Likewise Ayew for Llorente. They have different skill sets and were shoehorned into roles that don't suit them.

Just because Amat wasn't responsible for the goals doesn't mean he wasn't part of the problem. That's way too basic, you're normally far more astute than that. We couldn't build anything at all down that flank with him paired with Routledge and then Narsingh. That coupled with Ayew playing Llorentes role (as opposed to position) very badly meant we were very unlikely to score. That in turn gives Hull the impetus to attack us a bit more than they may have otherwise.

Yes, the attitude in the second half was embarrassing. 100% agree with you on that, but don't pretend that was the only issue when you know full well we had square pegs in round holes. Expected a bit more from Clement if I'm honest.

You're completely missing the point and this has nothing to do with being astute.

You keep talking about building in an attacking sense. Therefore taking them on, taking the game to them.

That's your mistake - have you even listened to his interview??

Forget building in the first instance - we do the basics first before that.

That's the point here - we were shapeless and ragged as FIeryjack has said. It was OBVIOUS to anyone with even half a brain. When you're playing with that much unruliness there's nothing to build on. Players weren't where they should be and we were left with massive open gaps everywhere, completely unlike anything wed seen under Clement bar maybe Burnley. That's what's infuriated me all weekend as we were just 20 minutes and a bit of discipline away from really sitting pretty in this relegation challenge now.

Amat and Ayew did their jobs in this respect fine.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:15 - Mar 13 with 1109 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:44 - Mar 13 by FieryJack

I was at the game - not that that means a lot when you consider that you get a better over all perspective watching on TV, rather than low down in a corner seat - and largely agree with this.

I must do because, whilst eating a chicken balti pie on the concourse at half time, I texted my brother to say our shape was starting to look worryingly ragged.

Not so sure, though, that this was because we thought we were too good for them. It seemed more that they were constantly clattering, niggling and bullying us all over the place and forced shapelessness on us - and put our main threat & target man off the pitch. That's the Hull way, I'm afraid. As said by others - they did the same to Liverpool & Man Utd.

We didn't frustrate them - they frustrated us. A fookin dismal day out all round.

Ayew did nowt wrong in my eyes, but he was rendered anonymous by a determined Hull defence - he was constantly being crowded out within a second of receiving the ball, and either lost possession or was forced into making difficult or ineffectual passes.

They did a job on us - albeit an ugly anti-football one.

Small margins - as has been said, if only Routledge had put those sitters away we'd have come away with something - and probably all 3 points.

Good post.

The reason I think this is based on the Burnley game - we played with a lot more freedom there and abandoned shape quite a bit. The big difference there was that we were clearly so much better than Burnley on the day, we probably could get away with it.

I felt the reason we over committed and lost our shape was down to the players taking similar risks based on the fact they were better and could just go and win the game.

I know it's not exciting, expansive football but I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing this discipline from us the last 8 or so games and it's more than paid dividends, so it was a crying shame it wasn't on display anything like enough at Hull.

As Clement has mentioned and no doubt lambasted them for.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:23 - Mar 13 with 1097 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 14:41 - Mar 13 by vetchonian

Read your post......you have identifed the issue from earlier in the season....we didnt look like a team..why becase the manager didnt have a scooby doo .
Prior to babbling Bob Guido was trying to make up for a poor pre season by trying to work things out on the pitch,just when he was starting to make progress he was sacked and Bob installed ...enough has been said on that one.
Re Siggy and Llorente the issue wasnt them it was the management...Clement has started to sort out some of that....and as you say we would certainly be screwed now without them.
You say we are getting more from him with the new formation.....but does Ayew suit that formation and that formation suit him? The answer is no he hasnt the height but still we pumped crosses in......that is what I meant by the substitutions affecting shape..Ayew cannot hold up the ball like Llorente...or feed others from his ariel exploits.....oh yes you quoted some stats about that ......Things changed when Hull made their change to two up top....before that Hull were getting frustrated and couldnt break us down
At the end of the day it was a bad day at the office. Hopefully PC will grill the players for not doing what he had asked of them but looking at the speed of the ball movement for the first goal when most of our team were pressing in the Hull half it was very difficult to get compact!

As a team....

With Llorente as Number 9 we had 2 out of 8 (25%) successful crosses in the first half

And with Ayew we had 6 out of 11 in the second half (55%)

Why do people think they can just chuck out absolute unthought out crap these days when the facts are there to be clarified.

If Ayew and his time is getting a slating, what about Llorente and the first half?

Take your time....

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:28 - Mar 13 with 1074 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:09 - Mar 13 by TheResurrection

You're completely missing the point and this has nothing to do with being astute.

You keep talking about building in an attacking sense. Therefore taking them on, taking the game to them.

That's your mistake - have you even listened to his interview??

Forget building in the first instance - we do the basics first before that.

That's the point here - we were shapeless and ragged as FIeryjack has said. It was OBVIOUS to anyone with even half a brain. When you're playing with that much unruliness there's nothing to build on. Players weren't where they should be and we were left with massive open gaps everywhere, completely unlike anything wed seen under Clement bar maybe Burnley. That's what's infuriated me all weekend as we were just 20 minutes and a bit of discipline away from really sitting pretty in this relegation challenge now.

Amat and Ayew did their jobs in this respect fine.

The basics of being a right back include carrying the ball out of defence and interlinking with your winger. The basics of being a lone centre forward (playing the way we were) include competing physically with the centre backs and holding the ball up.

I'm not talking about going for the jugular. I'm talking about having the possibility of launching an attack down the right.

To accommodate Ayew up front, we would have needed to get the wingers closer to him, otherwise he was just going to get dominated, as happened. Obviously that would have exposed our defence a bit, so we tried to hang on instead of impose ourselves.

Yes, heads dropped when Llorente went off, which is totally unacceptable. Yes, the players were all over the shop at times. Amat was far from blameless there, he seemed torn between playing right back and centre back at times.

I haven't listened to his interview. Did he say Ayew and Amat had promising careers as a target man and a full back ahead of them?
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:32 - Mar 13 with 1058 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:28 - Mar 13 by jack247

The basics of being a right back include carrying the ball out of defence and interlinking with your winger. The basics of being a lone centre forward (playing the way we were) include competing physically with the centre backs and holding the ball up.

I'm not talking about going for the jugular. I'm talking about having the possibility of launching an attack down the right.

To accommodate Ayew up front, we would have needed to get the wingers closer to him, otherwise he was just going to get dominated, as happened. Obviously that would have exposed our defence a bit, so we tried to hang on instead of impose ourselves.

Yes, heads dropped when Llorente went off, which is totally unacceptable. Yes, the players were all over the shop at times. Amat was far from blameless there, he seemed torn between playing right back and centre back at times.

I haven't listened to his interview. Did he say Ayew and Amat had promising careers as a target man and a full back ahead of them?

Tim seriously why do you keep replying to him don't you know by now he can't be wrong?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:35 - Mar 13 with 1051 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:32 - Mar 13 by Darran

Tim seriously why do you keep replying to him don't you know by now he can't be wrong?

Fair point.

It's a shame because he knows his stuff. He knows losing Llorente and Rangel seriously weakened us. Like a dog with a bone though.
An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:36 - Mar 13 with 1048 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:35 - Mar 13 by jack247

Fair point.

It's a shame because he knows his stuff. He knows losing Llorente and Rangel seriously weakened us. Like a dog with a bone though.

Exactky Mate.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:38 - Mar 13 with 1048 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:28 - Mar 13 by jack247

Seriously mate, you don't get it.

Login to get fewer ads

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 1035 viewsbuilthjack

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 19:35 - Mar 13 by jack247

Fair point.

The bone must have sort sort of meat on cos the Kent won't let it go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:53 - Mar 13 with 1020 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:38 - Mar 13 by TheResurrection

Seriously mate, you don't get it.

That's right, must be me.
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 01:06 - Mar 14 with 939 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 19:53 - Mar 13 by jack247

That's right, must be me.

It is.

You think the problem was with the ball.

It wasn't.

It was without it.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 05:43 - Mar 14 with 926 viewsdameedna

So we couldnt hold the same Shape off the ball when we had Ayew and Amat on. Actually it was already happening through huddlestone. Their sub in going to 442 pulled us apart a little more.

We are a winger and a midfielder short of winning these games as I see it.

Lets hope we can scrape home and rebuild in the Summer.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 5:46]
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 05:45 - Mar 14 with 924 viewsLoyal

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 01:06 - Mar 14 by TheResurrection

It is.

It wasn't.

It was without it.

Exactly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 07:14 - Mar 14 with 885 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 01:06 - Mar 14 by TheResurrection

It is.

It wasn't.

It was without it.

Where have I said, or even implied, that we kept our shape and discipline as well as we normally do? Amat didn't cover himself in glory there either.

You have tunnel vision and can't grasp the fact that there was more than just one problem on Saturday.

By all means dispute what I said, but don't make up stuff I didn't say and argue against it.
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 825 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 07:14 - Mar 14 by jack247

Where have I said, or even implied, that we kept our shape and discipline as well as we normally do? Amat didn't cover himself in glory there either.

You have tunnel vision and can't grasp the fact that there was more than just one problem on Saturday.

By all means dispute what I said, but don't make up stuff I didn't say and argue against it.

Why don't you just stop being so ignorant and listen to Clement.

The link is in this thread.

And Amat had zero to do with our awful shape in the second half, granted as soon as he came on he was all over the shop and had he continued like that would have deserved all the criticism he's getting.

. I watched it back last night and unfortunately it was Fer the guilty party more often than not.

If anyone is interested in the way our discipline went out the window a great example is from the second Angel went off on 33.00 minutes to around 39. First of all you see the best of us. From 33.00 to 33.58 you see them passing it around looking for options, back and fore, back and fore but there's nothing on for them as we're set up brilliantly. Their right back tries to play a pass down our left and it trickles all the way to Fabiański. Perfect. The camera pans to the crowd and they're sat there bored, frustrated and with a look of impending doom.

But then Fer and Routs are caught ball watching a very short time later and both caught on.the half way line out of shape. Maguire brings it out of defence and cuts the pair of them out and finds Grosicki or whatever his name is. Our midfield is turned and out of the game and we're chasing him from behind with our defence on the back foot and exposed. The next 3 or 4 minutes we don't recover from this and the camera pans to the crowd and they're bang up for it clapping and shouting.

This happened all second half. Hardly ever, even not the once did you see us form the shape we've had so much success from. It was criminal and left me gutted watching it.

If anyone is interested in the tactical side of the game watch those 5 minutes from 33.00 again.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:27 - Mar 14 with 809 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:15 - Mar 14 by TheResurrection

Why don't you just stop being so ignorant and listen to Clement.

The link is in this thread.

And Amat had zero to do with our awful shape in the second half, granted as soon as he came on he was all over the shop and had he continued like that would have deserved all the criticism he's getting.

. I watched it back last night and unfortunately it was Fer the guilty party more often than not.

If anyone is interested in the way our discipline went out the window a great example is from the second Angel went off on 33.00 minutes to around 39. First of all you see the best of us. From 33.00 to 33.58 you see them passing it around looking for options, back and fore, back and fore but there's nothing on for them as we're set up brilliantly. Their right back tries to play a pass down our left and it trickles all the way to Fabiański. Perfect. The camera pans to the crowd and they're sat there bored, frustrated and with a look of impending doom.

But then Fer and Routs are caught ball watching a very short time later and both caught on.the half way line out of shape. Maguire brings it out of defence and cuts the pair of them out and finds Grosicki or whatever his name is. Our midfield is turned and out of the game and we're chasing him from behind with our defence on the back foot and exposed. The next 3 or 4 minutes we don't recover from this and the camera pans to the crowd and they're bang up for it clapping and shouting.

This happened all second half. Hardly ever, even not the once did you see us form the shape we've had so much success from. It was criminal and left me gutted watching it.

If anyone is interested in the tactical side of the game watch those 5 minutes from 33.00 again.

Again, you spent a lot of time writing a post arguing something that no one has contested. You go to all that trouble pointing out complexities and ignore the obvious.

Would you be comfortable starting Ayew and Amat in those positions at Bournemouth?
Do you think what you have described was our only problem on Saturday?
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:29 - Mar 14 with 802 viewsDarran

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:27 - Mar 14 by jack247

Again, you spent a lot of time writing a post arguing something that no one has contested. You go to all that trouble pointing out complexities and ignore the obvious.

Would you be comfortable starting Ayew and Amat in those positions at Bournemouth?

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:31 - Mar 14 with 801 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:29 - Mar 14 by Darran

I've got plenty of time today
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 769 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 11:27 - Mar 14 by jack247

Again, ignorance.

Read the OP for the answer to that.

Trouble with you, is you STILL don't get it.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:36 - Mar 14 with 761 viewsshandyjack

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 15:47 - Mar 13 by swancity

Certainly not a shameful performance. But Definately a poor one. Hindered by injury as well which no one can legislate for unless you have mystic powers that is.

All teams have off days where too many players under perform on the same day and when it happens it usually means a disappointing uneventful defeat. Certainly we could have defended both goals better and I'm sure PC will be furious with that whilst reminding the players this week that it wasn't any where near good enough

The difference now is that the new manager has given us every chance of staying up whilst under BB we were Definately down. I have no doubt about that. We will regroup and assuming that our star striker is fit for this weekend I'm sure that there will be a big improvement.

Surprised at the amount of doom and gloom after ONE bad day. This was the norm only two months ago and not just a 2-1 defeat either. Think Middlesbrough away. Then context and perspective.

superb post

Poll: Expectation for the season

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:42 - Mar 14 with 750 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:36 - Mar 14 by shandyjack

superb post

It was a good post but to me, this was a huge blow dropping 6 points to a rival. It was the biggest game yet in our mini revival and we went about it all wrong especially in the second half. But I'm sure Clement would have laid into them.

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:46 - Mar 14 with 741 viewsshandyjack

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:42 - Mar 14 by TheResurrection

It was a good post but to me, this was a huge blow dropping 6 points to a rival. It was the biggest game yet in our mini revival and we went about it all wrong especially in the second half. But I'm sure Clement would have laid into them.

it is a shame that we lost 6 points to Hull this season. However Hull's record at home has been superb since Silva took over and with our injuries we were always going to be under the cosh second half.
Like you say it's a shame the players to a man had an off day on Saturday, but lets hope it's a one off and we come back fighting this week.
I must admit to still being terrified about our Defence conceding so much, puts extra pressure on our forwards to score 2/3 each game to win

Poll: Expectation for the season

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:49 - Mar 14 with 734 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performance on 12:46 - Mar 14 by shandyjack

it is a shame that we lost 6 points to Hull this season. However Hull's record at home has been superb since Silva took over and with our injuries we were always going to be under the cosh second half.
Like you say it's a shame the players to a man had an off day on Saturday, but lets hope it's a one off and we come back fighting this week.
I must admit to still being terrified about our Defence conceding so much, puts extra pressure on our forwards to score 2/3 each game to win

That's the problem when a team loses shape - the midfield gets turned in and the back 4 exposed like hell.

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 13:27 - Mar 14 with 698 viewsjack247

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 12:25 - Mar 14 by TheResurrection

Again, ignorance.

Read the OP for the answer to that.

Trouble with you, is you STILL don't get it.

Sorry mate, I'm not getting patronised by the guy who defended Bradley for most of his reign.

Swapping Llorente for Ayew doesn't make any difference because we played the same formation apparently
An Utterly Shameful Performa on 15:25 - Mar 16 with 595 viewsTheResurrection

An Utterly Shameful Performa on 13:27 - Mar 14 by jack247

Sorry mate, I'm not getting patronised by the guy who defended Bradley for most of his reign.

Swapping Llorente for Ayew doesn't make any difference because we played the same formation apparently

Clement once again talking about the big problem Saturday.

Take your time Jack, put down the clay for a minute and listen...

"""“We have reflected on Hull and it was very clear where we didn’t do so well,” he said.
“We need to improve defensively. We did some quite good things offensively at Hull, but defensively we were too open, not just for the two goals but throughout the game.
“The spaces between our players were too big. The players understand that and we are ready to go.
“We have worked on it and we will be better in that area this weekend, that’s for sure.”"""

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024