Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo 11:24 - May 20 with 10051 viewsperchrockjack

Fail to how anyone could vote for either

Still.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 01:09 - May 28 with 1136 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 00:23 - May 28 by TheResurrection

She used the term "support the IRA" - maybe he was sympathetic to the Republican cause and a united Ireland but that's a whole world of difference to supporting a terrorist group.

And I agree wholeheartedly that he chooses to be on the left side of the plucky underdog against imperialistic oppressors, and would have been a lot more "enthusiastic" as a younger man, but I don't believe for one minute that he crossed any serious lines to trouble his conscience.

And maybe I need this explained to me but how would "supporting the IRA" have benefitted Jeremy Corbyn anyway?

The Irish conflict is so complicated.
You wouldn't know what side anybody was on .

I've studied this for a bit

I've not gone into it deeply, because of there's a web so big you'd agree with every sentence from both sides

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 02:32 - May 28 with 1115 viewsHumpty

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 00:23 - May 28 by TheResurrection

She used the term "support the IRA" - maybe he was sympathetic to the Republican cause and a united Ireland but that's a whole world of difference to supporting a terrorist group.

And I agree wholeheartedly that he chooses to be on the left side of the plucky underdog against imperialistic oppressors, and would have been a lot more "enthusiastic" as a younger man, but I don't believe for one minute that he crossed any serious lines to trouble his conscience.

And maybe I need this explained to me but how would "supporting the IRA" have benefitted Jeremy Corbyn anyway?

I think there's more to this than your usual Tory smears.

I have no problem with anyone supporting Irish republicanism, it's a legitimate view to hold.

I couldn't give two f*cks either way. If there was a way to saw NI off from Europe, push it into the sea and let the North Atlantic Drift take it to the Arctic so they could squabble up there it wouldn't bother me much. Britain and Ireland would be better places.

But Corbyn never had anything to do with the SDLP. The other, larger, republican party in NI at that time who rejected violence and are regarded as the sister party to our Labour Party. He did spend an awful lot of time however with Sinn Fein which was the political arm of the IRA. Troubling for me. If you're an Irish republican who wants peace supporting them might have helped.

An ex Labour MP who is now a journalist whose name I've unfortunately forgotten, said today on the radio that Corbyn attended a memorial event in the eighties for IRA members who were killed by the SAS as they attempted to attack a police station. Corbyn claims it was an event to commemorate all victims of the troubles. Said journalist claimed this was bullshit, it was solely for the dead terrorists.

I've no idea if that is true or not, but if it is it's a f*cking disgusting thing for a sitting British MP to do.

The Tories smearing of Corbyn for his absolutely correct speech this week that our foreign adventures increase the support for Islamist terrorism was oppurtunistic and disgusting.

Their accusations of support for the IRA, not so much.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 14:31]
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 02:41 - May 28 with 1113 viewsHumpty

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 01:09 - May 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

The Irish conflict is so complicated.
You wouldn't know what side anybody was on .

I've studied this for a bit

I've not gone into it deeply, because of there's a web so big you'd agree with every sentence from both sides

I know what side I was on.

The side that thought killing people was wrong. That applies to the terrorists on both sides.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 04:23 - May 28 with 1098 viewsJackTheLad

http://evolvepolitics.com/realise-current-conservative-politician-literally-memb

[Post edited 28 May 2017 4:28]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 10:41 - May 28 with 1055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 04:23 - May 28 by JackTheLad

http://evolvepolitics.com/realise-current-conservative-politician-literally-memb

[Post edited 28 May 2017 4:28]

I've already posted a link to this but unfortunately the usual Tory lovers on here ignore it because it doesn't fit their narrative you see.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 10:47 - May 28 with 1049 viewsDr_Winston

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 02:32 - May 28 by Humpty

I have no problem with anyone supporting Irish republicanism, it's a legitimate view to hold.

I couldn't give two f*cks either way. If there was a way to saw NI off from Europe, push it into the sea and let the North Atlantic Drift take it to the Arctic so they could squabble up there it wouldn't bother me much. Britain and Ireland would be better places.

But Corbyn never had anything to do with the SDLP. The other, larger, republican party in NI at that time who rejected violence and are regarded as the sister party to our Labour Party. He did spend an awful lot of time however with Sinn Fein which was the political arm of the IRA. Troubling for me. If you're an Irish republican who wants peace supporting them might have helped.

An ex Labour MP who is now a journalist whose name I've unfortunately forgotten, said today on the radio that Corbyn attended a memorial event in the eighties for IRA members who were killed by the SAS as they attempted to attack a police station. Corbyn claims it was an event to commemorate all victims of the troubles. Said journalist claimed this was bullshit, it was solely for the dead terrorists.

I've no idea if that is true or not, but if it is it's a f*cking disgusting thing for a sitting British MP to do.

The Tories smearing of Corbyn for his absolutely correct speech this week that our foreign adventures increase the support for Islamist terrorism was oppurtunistic and disgusting.

That memorial was probably to do with the Loughgall Ambush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughgall_ambush

Corbyn's alleged connection with which has already been covered extensively in pre-election stuff by this press snippet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 10:48 - May 28 with 1048 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 10:41 - May 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I've already posted a link to this but unfortunately the usual Tory lovers on here ignore it because it doesn't fit their narrative you see.

In a perfect world she should be utterly rejected by the electorate as should Corbyn as should any person seeking election after associating themselves with such abhorrent views and people. Sadly most people vote for the party, not the candidate.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:06 - May 28 with 1034 viewsrock1n

Alan johnsons reaction on this week was most telling

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Login to get fewer ads

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:13 - May 28 with 1028 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 21:36 - May 27 by TheResurrection

I know you're getting on a bit now but were you in London in the 70's and 80's to get that feel yourself? And are you really in a position to speak so candidly on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of North Londoner's, be them from the Irish Community or otherwise?

Supporting a united Ireland after its political annexation by Imperial GB isn't the same as "supporting the IRA"

Are you seriously trying to implicate him in encouraging a terrorist bombing campaign?

I lived in Stoke Newington and Finsbury Park in the late 80s / early 90s, and as I have said on here before, I had a group of friends, who were part of the North London left wing set that included Corbyn. Ex UCL for the most part, Labour Party activists, one works for Corbyn as a policy head even now. One went on to form some sort of Marxist party which she heads now, some were part of the Islington Town Hall lot, two more were Irish themselves, one of whom is now a well respected Irish film maker. I used to go to Highbury with them to watch Arsenal - many times. They also came with me to watch the Swans against Orient, or other London games.

So yes, I think I knew enough about it to comment. And what I said was fervent supporters of the AIMS of the IRA. I also said that they may not have approved of the bombings but it wasn't a deal breaker for them. And I mentioned the North London Irish community, not all North Londoners.

Conversely, I have / had two friends (one of them was a University friend I'm not in touch with anymore, one is still a good friend), whose parents were bombed by the IRA. Neither successfully thank God as in one case only 1 of the 3 bombs planted in their house went off and they were asleep far enough away that they were fine, and the other as part of the Brighton bombings when they were staying in the hotel with Thatcher et al.

And I am not implicating him in encouraging a terrorist bombing campaign - I didn't say that even slightly. I'm sure that he would have preferred no bombings took place, but that his support wasn't withdrawn as a result of them.

I remember huge screaming matches with some of the more loony lot about the whole thing, one in particular who really was pro IRA. I was much more nationalistic in those days, and had sympathy with the drive for a United Ireland (as I did with Welsh nationalism). But for me, any harm of an innocent was (and remains), an ABSOLUTE deal breaker.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:16 - May 28 with 1018 viewsperchrockjack

Alan Johnson is the man for both the Labour Party and the country.

An honourable man and from far humbler background than Jez. One who s worked shiftsa, modest home, poor parents , had a real job not a union agitator

His books are excellent reading

A man who would demolish Ms May and who the Tories would fear .

Yet, they voted Corbyn

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:19 - May 28 with 1010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:16 - May 28 by perchrockjack

An honourable man and from far humbler background than Jez. One who s worked shiftsa, modest home, poor parents , had a real job not a union agitator

Yet, they voted Corbyn

My, this record is f*cked. Keeps going over the same groove again and again. And again

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 13:28 - May 28 with 986 viewsTheResurrection

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 02:32 - May 28 by Humpty

But you've no idea if that's true so it becomes almost immaterial. We can't allow ourselves to swallow up what is clearly a smear campaign and yes, I know you said it was an ex Labour MP who said that but that doesn't make it any more legitimate.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 13:51 - May 28 with 978 viewsrock1n

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 11:16 - May 28 by perchrockjack

Yet, they voted Corbyn

I'd vote for him - pragmatic centrist old right labour.

But instead we have granddad

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:12 - May 28 with 960 viewsJackTheLad

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 10:41 - May 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Staggering. Yet they relentlessly attack one of the few MPs who pushed through peace talks, the man who was literally given the Ghandi peace prize award just a few years ago.

Shame on all the conservative terrorist sympathisers out there, supporting a party that works hand in hand with Saudi. Saudi = ISIS... wake the f*ck up.

[Post edited 28 May 2017 14:14]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:23 - May 28 with 952 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 13:28 - May 28 by TheResurrection

But you've no idea if that's true so it becomes almost immaterial. We can't allow ourselves to swallow up what is clearly a smear campaign and yes, I know you said it was an ex Labour MP who said that but that doesn't make it any more legitimate.

It's not a smear campaign. It's scrutiny. The fact is that Corbyn has always been a back bench activist with absolutely no ambition or intention for government or shadow government positions. Now he's been thrust into the limelight, nominated for party leader as a bit of a joke, then won the vote because a load of Tories paid £3 to vote for him. It's a farcical situation and he shouldn't be anywhere near this job. He's on the record with direct quotes, calling Hamas and hezbollah his friends, he should be questioned intensely on these stances because if he gets in our foreign policy is likely to change dramatically.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:38 - May 28 with 942 viewsHumpty

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:23 - May 28 by Highjack

It's not a smear campaign. It's scrutiny. The fact is that Corbyn has always been a back bench activist with absolutely no ambition or intention for government or shadow government positions. Now he's been thrust into the limelight, nominated for party leader as a bit of a joke, then won the vote because a load of Tories paid £3 to vote for him. It's a farcical situation and he shouldn't be anywhere near this job. He's on the record with direct quotes, calling Hamas and hezbollah his friends, he should be questioned intensely on these stances because if he gets in our foreign policy is likely to change dramatically.

Our foreign policy should change dramatically.

A few years ago Cameron wanted to bomb the Assad regime but he lost the vote for it. Now we are bombing the people who oppose Assad. When you're itching to bomb someone but aren't too bothered about which side to attack, something's f*cked up.

Only a few weeks ago our Foreign Secretary said it would be it would be very difficult for us to say no if the US wanted us to attack Assad.

I don't want Donald f*cking Trump to be in charge of our armed forces.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 16:46]
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:44 - May 28 with 932 viewsJackTheLad

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:23 - May 28 by Highjack

There are no words for people like you who buy into this rubbish. Shafted by the mainstream media. Actually, brain-dead, that encapsulates it.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 14:44]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:53 - May 28 with 916 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:38 - May 28 by Humpty

Our foreign policy should change dramatically.

A few years ago Cameron wanted to bomb the Assad regime but he lost the vote for it. Now we are bombing the people who oppose Assad. When you're itching to bomb someone but aren't too bothered about which side to attack, something's f*cked up.

Only a few weeks ago our Foreign Secretary said it would be it would be very difficult for us to say no if the US wanted us to attack Assad.

I don't want Donald f*cking Trump to be in charge of our armed forces.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 16:46]

Oh absolutely our foreign policy is a complete and utter cluster f uck and it needs to change but if we are gonna switch away from supporting Israel and start buddying up to Hamas and hezbollah the country needs to know so it can make an informed vote so it's absolutely right for the press to grill him on this given his quotes and company from the past.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:55 - May 28 with 912 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:44 - May 28 by JackTheLad

There are no words for people like you who buy into this rubbish. Shafted by the mainstream media. Actually, brain-dead, that encapsulates it.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 14:44]

Fortunately there is a word for people like you. It's c unt.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:59 - May 28 with 903 viewsJackTheLad

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:55 - May 28 by Highjack

Fortunately there is a word for people like you. It's c unt.

The type of reaction I expected.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:00 - May 28 with 900 viewsJackTheLad

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:53 - May 28 by Highjack

Oh absolutely our foreign policy is a complete and utter cluster f uck and it needs to change but if we are gonna switch away from supporting Israel and start buddying up to Hamas and hezbollah the country needs to know so it can make an informed vote so it's absolutely right for the press to grill him on this given his quotes and company from the past.

A supporter of Israel and Saudi? Hang your head in shame

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:00 - May 28 with 899 viewsHumpty

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 13:28 - May 28 by TheResurrection

It is true. Winston has provided evidence above. And google confirms it. No British MP should have done so.

Also he opposed the Good Friday agreement.

Jeremy Corbyn supported Sinn Fein/IRA.

It's not a smear.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:01 - May 28 with 894 viewsHighjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:00 - May 28 by JackTheLad

A supporter of Israel and Saudi? Hang your head in shame

What on Earth are you wibbling on about?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:06 - May 28 with 883 viewsHumpty

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:53 - May 28 by Highjack

I don't want to cozy up to Hamas or Hezbollah but I'd drop support for Israel tomorrow.

I agree with the rest.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:18 - May 28 with 856 viewsJackTheLad

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:01 - May 28 by Highjack

What on Earth are you wibbling on about?

Have you heard of the Balfour decoration? where the UK gave away a country that wasn't theirs to give away?

Why are Hamas/Hezbollah 'terroists' but the apartheid state of Israel is not? Do you not class Saudis, USA, UK as terroists? There seems to be a lot of people on here with a very warped selective view of the world we live in.

Just for the record, Corbyn used the term 'friends' to encourage talks from both sides, as he did with the IRA peace talks.... inclusive language.

Tell me something, what evil do you think he has planned up his sleeve? To turn Britain into bIRAtain? To force right wingers into wearing a burka? Get a grip of yourselves
[Post edited 28 May 2017 15:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024