Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71772 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 21:14 - Jun 15 with 2137 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:04 - Jun 15 by epaul

Yeah I Did , my intention was to tell the mail they are scum, should have just hit the reply button,Ive deleted the retweet

Good man. Seriously who the fuçk buys it to keep it in circulation?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 21:15 - Jun 15 with 2131 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:09 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

Like the Mayor did, you mean?

What happened with the mayor?

London tower block on fire on 21:17 - Jun 15 with 2119 viewsJack_Meoff

London tower block on fire on 21:14 - Jun 15 by Darran

Good man. Seriously who the fuçk buys it to keep it in circulation?

My dad does. I have at least one positive to talk about at his funeral.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

London tower block on fire on 21:18 - Jun 15 with 2116 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:17 - Jun 15 by Jack_Meoff

My dad does. I have at least one positive to talk about at his funeral.

London tower block on fire on 21:20 - Jun 15 with 2113 viewsLohengrin

London tower block on fire on 21:15 - Jun 15 by Darran

What happened with the mayor?

Nothing really he was just taking a fair bit of flak off the public in W10.

In fairness, mind, they were probably just looking to lash out at anybody in 'authority' and he just happened to be on the spot.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

London tower block on fire on 21:21 - Jun 15 with 2102 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:20 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

Nothing really he was just taking a fair bit of flak off the public in W10.

In fairness, mind, they were probably just looking to lash out at anybody in 'authority' and he just happened to be on the spot.

I see.

London tower block on fire on 21:24 - Jun 15 with 2087 viewsepaul

London tower block on fire on 21:09 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

Like the Mayor did, you mean?

I saw that, but its not his fault how long has he been Mayor, the tories have cut cut cut, look at the 70 tory mps who are land lords voted against a law making rented homes like Grenfell Tower be fit for human habitation.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London tower block on fire on 21:28 - Jun 15 with 2072 viewsLohengrin

London tower block on fire on 21:24 - Jun 15 by epaul

I saw that, but its not his fault how long has he been Mayor, the tories have cut cut cut, look at the 70 tory mps who are land lords voted against a law making rented homes like Grenfell Tower be fit for human habitation.

What law?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 21:32 - Jun 15 with 2058 viewsDr_Winston

It's amazing how many people have become experts on both housing law and health & safety over the last 24 hours.

Here's an idea. How about we let the professionals work out what happened and then see what the inquest reports before attempting to make tedious f*cking political capital out of the death of dozens of people?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

London tower block on fire on 21:33 - Jun 15 with 2047 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:28 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

What law?

I saw this on twitter earlier.
Have I got it wrong here but didn't the block of flats get cladding put on the outside of it like houses have had all over the country in a free government scheme?

Serious question.

London tower block on fire on 21:34 - Jun 15 with 2044 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:32 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

It's amazing how many people have become experts on both housing law and health & safety over the last 24 hours.

Here's an idea. How about we let the professionals work out what happened and then see what the inquest reports before attempting to make tedious f*cking political capital out of the death of dozens of people?

Indeed.

London tower block on fire on 21:35 - Jun 15 with 2027 viewsexiledclaseboy

London tower block on fire on 21:32 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

The number of people I've heard talking with complete false authority about "cladding" over the last couple of days is quite amusing.

I agree with your general point but there will be political consequences to this. Everything is political.

Poll: Tory leader

London tower block on fire on 21:36 - Jun 15 with 2019 viewssherpajacob

London tower block on fire on 21:33 - Jun 15 by Darran

I saw this on twitter earlier.
Have I got it wrong here but didn't the block of flats get cladding put on the outside of it like houses have had all over the country in a free government scheme?

Serious question.

Free government schemes normally involve somebody somewhere making a lot of money.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

London tower block on fire on 21:40 - Jun 15 with 2001 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:36 - Jun 15 by sherpajacob

Free government schemes normally involve somebody somewhere making a lot of money.

Yeah but you get my drift there's been thousands of houses done throughout Neath/Port Talbot and that's serious thousands.

London tower block on fire on 21:40 - Jun 15 with 1999 viewsDr_Winston

London tower block on fire on 21:35 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

The number of people I've heard talking with complete false authority about "cladding" over the last couple of days is quite amusing.

I agree with your general point but there will be political consequences to this. Everything is political.

Oh no doubt. With events of this magnitude there's always fallout and lessons to be learned. It's a sad truth but often it's tragedy that drives progress. Knowing what went wrong usually make things better for the future.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

London tower block on fire on 21:41 - Jun 15 with 1996 viewsdickythorpe

London tower block on fire on 21:24 - Jun 15 by epaul

You are right to talk of cuts epaul.
I bet that any concern raised over this block of flats has been placed on a "to do" list, only for it to get further pushed down the pecking order due to prioritising other work that may have been easier, cheaper and quicker to do. Thereby creating an impressive "Done" list, but all the while the major stuff sits on an "in tray"
London tower block on fire on 21:46 - Jun 15 with 1980 viewsexiledclaseboy

London tower block on fire on 21:40 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

Oh no doubt. With events of this magnitude there's always fallout and lessons to be learned. It's a sad truth but often it's tragedy that drives progress. Knowing what went wrong usually make things better for the future.

And that's what I believe is being alleged here. I don't know the detail but it seems (or at least is alleged) that ministers may have ignored the recommendations of reports of investigations into previous, similar but not so serious tower block fires.

Answers to these questions won't be forthcoming soon of course as government is effectively in abeyance at the moment while Mrs May concentrates on the importance business of saving her own sorry arse via endless and not really needed negotiations wth the DUP.

Poll: Tory leader

London tower block on fire on 21:56 - Jun 15 with 1951 viewsepaul

London tower block on fire on 21:28 - Jun 15 by Lohengrin

What law?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-lan

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

London tower block on fire on 22:07 - Jun 15 with 1919 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 21:56 - Jun 15 by epaul

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-lan

Would that have made any difference in this situation Paul?

London tower block on fire on 22:22 - Jun 15 with 1896 viewsSwansNZ

London tower block on fire on 21:40 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

I’m surprised that there is no requirement for sprinkler system in these buildings. I think I’ve read in the newer ones it is, but not retrospectively adding to older buildings.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 22:27 - Jun 15 with 1888 viewsepaul

London tower block on fire on 22:07 - Jun 15 by Darran

Probably not but the coincidence of landlord tory MPs voting against it, if it got through perhaps steps could have now been taken to ensure these places are safe, the building might well have been safer we'll never know will we

London tower block on fire on 22:28 - Jun 15 with 1887 viewsbonymine

London tower block on fire on 22:07 - Jun 15 by Darran

Heads will roll & quite rightly so !!

Dignified Silence is THE Greatest Respect anybody could pay .........

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

London tower block on fire on 22:29 - Jun 15 with 1885 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 22:27 - Jun 15 by epaul

Probably not but the coincidence of landlord tory MPs voting against it, if it got through perhaps steps could have now been taken to ensure these places are safe, the building might well have been safer we'll never know will we

👍🏻

London tower block on fire on 23:14 - Jun 15 with 1840 viewsSwanzay

Theresa May visiting Grenfell Tower today in a closed political environment is disgusting, no engagement with the people, again!
London tower block on fire on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 1837 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 21:06 - Jun 15 by Darran

I've banned the news in my gaff so what have QPR done?

Loftus Road has been opened as a hub for collections. Staff have been made available to co-ordinate the efforts to sort and distribute. The ground and stadium areas have been made available for displaced residents to have somewhere to stay.

Fernandez has told all staff to prioritise the relief efforts. They've used the main club social media accounts to help direct efforts and help give out information,

Fulham have also been heavily involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024