Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation 21:02 - Jun 18 with 13839 viewsSwansTrust

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/06/18/supporters-trust-members-consultation/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:36 - Jun 19 with 3849 viewsswancity

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:23 - Jun 19 by Shaky

"dilutes the purpose of the meeting"?

Only if the purpose of the meeting is to generate maximum gasps of wonder and amazement as the previously sawn in half lady is revealed to be in one piece to the transfixed audience.

On the other hand if the purpose is a consultation as stated surly it makes sense have participants that have given the matter at hand some thought?

I'm sorry, but I find i hard to escape the suspicion that this setup is designed to manage the crowd and bounce it into a predetermined course of action.

At best it just becomes a glorified press briefing wiith a nice audience as a backdrop. There's certainly not going to be much consultation going on if people go in completely cold.

I urge you to reconsider.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:33]

Good points which the organisers would do well not to ignore.....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:19 - Jun 19 with 3799 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:33 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

Can I second this Ux, Phil and other Trust people.

Those of us that are members and live 200 miles away may like to contribute, and the contributions would be more effective if properly considered rather than scrambling around trying to find out what's being said from the odd tweet and half reported truths.

It can't be a consultation without preparation, it can only be a briefing. Surely a consultation would be more effective at this stage? All Trust members should be equal, not only those that can be in Swansea on any given night.

Whoa now. Either my earlier post wasn't clear or there are some leaps being taken here.

I would see this as the start of the consultation with the members not the beginning, middle and end. As I said earlier, the majority will not be in attendance and their views also need to be taken and, as usual, whatever is shared with those in attendance will be shared with those who aren't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:49 - Jun 19 with 3752 viewslondonlisa2001

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:19 - Jun 19 by Uxbridge

Whoa now. Either my earlier post wasn't clear or there are some leaps being taken here.

I would see this as the start of the consultation with the members not the beginning, middle and end. As I said earlier, the majority will not be in attendance and their views also need to be taken and, as usual, whatever is shared with those in attendance will be shared with those who aren't.

Ux, I was basing my comments in the statement from the Trust which I've copied:

"At this meeting the Supporters Trust will provide its members with an update on its discussions with the majority shareholders of the Club regarding the shareholding position of the Trust.

The Trust will also provide members with an update on the review with our legal representatives regarding the Trust’s legal options arising from the recent sale of the football club.

This forum will be an opportunity for members to review the options available to the Trust and determine its course of action on these important issues."

It says determine the course of action? Hence my comment?
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 3714 viewsMattG

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:49 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

Ux, I was basing my comments in the statement from the Trust which I've copied:

"At this meeting the Supporters Trust will provide its members with an update on its discussions with the majority shareholders of the Club regarding the shareholding position of the Trust.

The Trust will also provide members with an update on the review with our legal representatives regarding the Trust’s legal options arising from the recent sale of the football club.

This forum will be an opportunity for members to review the options available to the Trust and determine its course of action on these important issues."

It says determine the course of action? Hence my comment?

Agreed, that wording is probably not quite as clear as it could be.

Ux has it right in his last post, tho - this is the start of the process, not the end. It's a chance to (finally) share key information with members but the "proper" consultation will be done formally with ALL members.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:22 - Jun 19 with 3698 viewslondonlisa2001

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 22:16 - Jun 19 by MattG

Agreed, that wording is probably not quite as clear as it could be.

Ux has it right in his last post, tho - this is the start of the process, not the end. It's a chance to (finally) share key information with members but the "proper" consultation will be done formally with ALL members.

Ok.

Thanks.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 07:26 - Jun 20 with 3569 viewsjohnlangy

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 20:33 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

Can I second this Ux, Phil and other Trust people.

Those of us that are members and live 200 miles away may like to contribute, and the contributions would be more effective if properly considered rather than scrambling around trying to find out what's being said from the odd tweet and half reported truths.

It can't be a consultation without preparation, it can only be a briefing. Surely a consultation would be more effective at this stage? All Trust members should be equal, not only those that can be in Swansea on any given night.

Now that things are coming to a head it would be well worth putting something together outlining the ins and outs of how we got where we are, who did what, when they did it and so on.

There must be a hundred threads on the subject which we'd all need to go back on if we did it individually and we'd all end up with a slightly different version of events.

I know that's work for someone (sorry) but best if we all start from the same place.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 08:23 - Jun 20 with 3522 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 07:26 - Jun 20 by johnlangy

Now that things are coming to a head it would be well worth putting something together outlining the ins and outs of how we got where we are, who did what, when they did it and so on.

There must be a hundred threads on the subject which we'd all need to go back on if we did it individually and we'd all end up with a slightly different version of events.

I know that's work for someone (sorry) but best if we all start from the same place.

There'll be a summary of events to date during the initial address. For why we are where we are, the October address still remains an accurate source of truth in that regard http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/20/trust-members-forum-address/

Completely agree that all members need to have the same information which is why I see publicising that address as key.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 09:43 - Jun 20 with 3476 viewsSTID2017

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:02 - Jun 19 by swancity

No I'm not a Trust member any longer scruff. I didn't think it was worth it tbh. I don't like ten pin bowling.

If they can sort this mess out positively and readdress the balance I'll be pleased to rejoin. I still have my doubts. Will they just prefer to sweep it all under the carpet and carry on with building of bridges. We shall see.

I suppose you'll have some excuse for not going? I don't think they'll let scruffycoonts in mind. 😂😂

I was just going to rejoin when I noticed current membership only lasts until end July.
Better if they offered annual from renewal or joining date.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 12:46 - Jun 20 with 3379 viewsShaky

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:19 - Jun 19 by Uxbridge

This is just a wasted oppotunity then, as we move towards the anniverary of the takeover 1 month away tomorrow.

Perhaps as a minimum you could publish a draft timetable with the relevant milestones as you see them.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:34 - Jun 20 with 3198 viewsbonymine

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 12:46 - Jun 20 by Shaky

This is just a wasted oppotunity then, as we move towards the anniverary of the takeover 1 month away tomorrow.

Perhaps as a minimum you could publish a draft timetable with the relevant milestones as you see them.

We most certainly need some 'signposting' with regard to proposed future action and timescales so that the Fans are aware of the ongoing situation.

Not much to ask ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 01:25 - Jun 21 with 3074 viewsLoyal

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 18:58 - Jun 19 by DafyddHuw

This isn't a Trust forum, tho, it's a PS forum.

There's lots of fans who are Trust members who don't use PS.

You struggle sometimes understanding stuff don't you 😂👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 21:30 - Jun 21 with 2813 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 01:25 - Jun 21 by Loyal

You struggle sometimes understanding stuff don't you 😂👍

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:11 - Jun 22 with 2576 viewsdonkonky

Any updates on how things went at tonight's meeting?
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:27 - Jun 22 with 2558 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:11 - Jun 22 by donkonky

No because it's next Thursday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:38 - Jun 22 with 2548 viewsmorningstar

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:11 - Jun 22 by donkonky

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:56 - Jun 22 with 2537 viewsdonkonky

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 23:27 - Jun 22 by Darran

No because it's next Thursday.

Ha! Fair enough ..good job I didn't go then.
Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:44 - Jun 25 with 2161 viewsunion_jack

What proof is needed on entry that one is a Trust member please?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:04 - Jun 25 with 2148 viewsexiledclaseboy

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 16:44 - Jun 25 by union_jack

What proof is needed on entry that one is a Trust member please?

The secret handshake and the nipple tattoo.

Poll: Tory leader

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:28 - Jun 25 with 2141 viewsunion_jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:04 - Jun 25 by exiledclaseboy

Damn, I thought it would be something like that!

Why it can't be something more simple like a membership card I don't know.

When I joined I wasn't informed of the aforementioned proof needed. Will they let me in do you think?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 09:05 - Jun 26 with 1995 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:28 - Jun 25 by union_jack

Damn, I thought it would be something like that!

Why it can't be something more simple like a membership card I don't know.

When I joined I wasn't informed of the aforementioned proof needed. Will they let me in do you think?

That's a good idea. Costs are one factor against it (no idea how much it is to send a letter these days, something extortionate I would imagine, but times that by 1800 and it adds up pretty quickly) I guess but definitely something to look at. Did you join online? There should be an email telling you you have joined.

Anyway, there is a membership database which will be checked on attendance. If you're unsure you're a member, you can contact the Trust at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/contact-us/

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 09:06 - Jun 26 with 1991 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 17:04 - Jun 25 by exiledclaseboy

You do realise when Darran told you about that tattoo, it was for entirely different reasons, yes?

[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 9:06]

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 1908 viewsunion_jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 09:05 - Jun 26 by Uxbridge

That's a good idea. Costs are one factor against it (no idea how much it is to send a letter these days, something extortionate I would imagine, but times that by 1800 and it adds up pretty quickly) I guess but definitely something to look at. Did you join online? There should be an email telling you you have joined.

Anyway, there is a membership database which will be checked on attendance. If you're unsure you're a member, you can contact the Trust at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/contact-us/

Thanks Ux. can't remember ever receiving a confirmation email tbh. Can I access the database or only make a request?

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 14:54 - Jun 26 with 1883 viewsUxbridge

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 13:49 - Jun 26 by union_jack

Thanks Ux. can't remember ever receiving a confirmation email tbh. Can I access the database or only make a request?

Yeah just contact on that link and someone will reply pretty quickly. The database won't be for public access though.

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 15:29 - Jun 26 with 1862 viewsunion_jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 14:54 - Jun 26 by Uxbridge

Yeah just contact on that link and someone will reply pretty quickly. The database won't be for public access though.

Cheers. Your original mail made that clear. I'll read posts more thoroughly from now on!

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 19:47 - Jun 26 with 1785 viewsmonmouth

Supporters’ Trust Members Consultation on 15:29 - Jun 26 by union_jack

Cheers. Your original mail made that clear. I'll read posts more thoroughly from now on!

I shouldn't, unless you want your life to take a turn for the worse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024