Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
worst / best .......local bands / singers 00:42 - Jun 23 with 5306 viewsPokerface

Who are yours ?

My favourite are Raspberry Jam. Real quality band, go if you get a chance to. A great night out.

Quite a few poor ones but would be unfair to mention them.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 1:09]

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:02 - Jun 23 with 1312 viewsSilverSurfer

Used to love Middle Earth down in the cellar of the Coach House on a Saturday night.

And S.E.X. were so bad they were good 👍
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1308 viewssquarebear

I quite like dark, gloomy music, but one night I was in No Sign and this band were playing and Lordy Lordy it was so bleedin' bleak that it proper got me down.

As I left the pub I noticed a sign outside:

"Playing tonight - The Kings of Despair".
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1307 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:02 - Jun 23 by SilverSurfer

Used to love Middle Earth down in the cellar of the Coach House on a Saturday night.

And S.E.X. were so bad they were good 👍

haha S.E.X were funny as f*ck. The bass player was naked, the singer had a cape and the drummer looked like an ill John Lennon.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1302 viewsswanjackal

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:54 - Jun 23 by WarwickHunt

Can anyone on here justify the existence of tribute bands and tell me why it's better than listening to real thing at home for fück all with a nice glass of red?

Minge.

Not you War, but that would have been my answer pre-marriage. Now, got no reason why I would.

Find them inoffensive and sometimes quite comical and will watch them if out over going to a nightclub/dance music filled place.

I have been in a couple of cover bands (not tribute) in my younger years, and we did have a few of our own songs, but when playing them it usually lost most of the crowd, not interested in hearing them at all, so as time went on we tended to phase them out as didn't want to risk not being invited back to places. Sad state to be in, but £50+ in the back pocket per night at that time trumped any moral stance on not selling out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 1291 viewsswanjackal

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:03 - Jun 23 by Ebo

haha S.E.X were funny as f*ck. The bass player was naked, the singer had a cape and the drummer looked like an ill John Lennon.

Which came as a shock when talking to them at the bar before they got ready at a gig. My parents next door neighbours grandson played drums for then for a while (may still do if they are still going).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:33 - Jun 23 with 1274 viewsItchySphincter

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:22 - Jun 23 by Ebo

The sad thing is that for musicians who can write their own stuff and perform it well, they cannot get a gig anywhere. Landlords ask what songs they play and the moment they say our own then the landlord does not want to know.

A friend of mine promotes in the west country and he says it is getting harder and harder to get the smaller venues booked with original touring bands as the 'tribute' circuit is jamming up the schedules.

I've never wanted or wished to see a tribute act, it is also sad that these individuals wish to live their lives pretending to be their heroes. I know a fella who fronts an Oasis tribute and he goes around pretending to be Liam Gallagher when off stage.

Lord Bony is one of those tribute/Phonics/LoL acts.

Parasites.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:43 - Jun 23 with 1264 viewsJackanapes

Sludgecraft.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:46 - Jun 23 with 1256 viewsSwanjaxs

Cliff Rescue and the Helicopters

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 14:17 - Jun 23 with 1209 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:06 - Jun 23 by swanjackal

Which came as a shock when talking to them at the bar before they got ready at a gig. My parents next door neighbours grandson played drums for then for a while (may still do if they are still going).

I think they are still going.

I remember the singer would be doing his thing and finding a mirror whilst performing to do his hair.

"This song is off our 2nd album which went triple plywood in Albania..."

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 14:59 - Jun 23 with 1183 viewsWarwickHunt

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:46 - Jun 23 by Swanjaxs

Cliff Rescue and the Helicopters

I turned down an offer to join a band tears ago with the planned name of Willie and the Gonads. True.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:14 - Jun 23 with 1166 viewsGowerjack

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:22 - Jun 23 by Ebo

The sad thing is that for musicians who can write their own stuff and perform it well, they cannot get a gig anywhere. Landlords ask what songs they play and the moment they say our own then the landlord does not want to know.

A friend of mine promotes in the west country and he says it is getting harder and harder to get the smaller venues booked with original touring bands as the 'tribute' circuit is jamming up the schedules.

I've never wanted or wished to see a tribute act, it is also sad that these individuals wish to live their lives pretending to be their heroes. I know a fella who fronts an Oasis tribute and he goes around pretending to be Liam Gallagher when off stage.

The band I'm in play a couple of Dolly Parton numbers so I know the feeling....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:29 - Jun 23 with 1152 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:14 - Jun 23 by Gowerjack

In fairness her hits are huge...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:34 - Jun 23 with 1149 viewsEbo

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:14 - Jun 23 by Gowerjack

Redneck

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:40 - Jun 23 with 1143 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:34 - Jun 23 by Ebo

Redneck

She goes to the same hairdresser as Darran.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:47 - Jun 23 with 1139 viewsOnslow

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:40 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

She goes to the same hairdresser as Darran.

Without wanting to lower the tone, I'd happily glue her eyes shut with my tadpole tapenade

She keeps passin' me by...

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:48 - Jun 23 with 1138 viewssquarebear

I saw a Led Zepp tribute band a bit ago. While the singer (who evidently liked a pie) looked like he'd come straight from a particularly tricky plastering job it was a very good show. Certainly on a par with anything the Led Zepp of today might offer up these days.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:55]
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:50 - Jun 23 with 1136 viewsLohengrin

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:47 - Jun 23 by Onslow

Without wanting to lower the tone, I'd happily glue her eyes shut with my tadpole tapenade

Who said romance was dead?

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:53 - Jun 23 with 1129 viewsOnslow

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:50 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Who said romance was dead?

She's great. Her norks are f*cking ace too

She keeps passin' me by...

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:56 - Jun 23 with 1121 viewsLoyal

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 11:05 - Jun 23 by Ebo

When worst was mentioned, it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Erm ok..worst has to be the multitude of valleys jukebox bands that plague the gig circuit of the cynon valley. "Ow butt, how about some 'phonics or King of leon en?"

Ghastly.

I'm with you.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 1115 viewsLoyal

Saw the Kings of Caerleon a few years ago on a Sunday afternoon in Bridgend.
They spoilt a nice afternoon out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:22 - Jun 24 with 999 viewsPtpeaty

Disco Panthers for plenty of horn driven funk. Buttonsville for good quality covers. Right Honourables for brashness and noise. Someone mentioned the King of Despair who used to write their own stuff, were quite good, but split up 8 years back.

Saw Trembling Knees in The Village at Killay a few weeks back and they are still excellent after performing for the better part of forty years. Couldn't move in the place it was so rammed.
worst / best .......local bands / singers on 21:29 - Jun 24 with 941 viewsLord_Bony

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 12:33 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

Lord Bony is one of those tribute/Phonics/LoL acts.

Parasites.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 22:56 - Jun 24 with 904 viewsGowerjack

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 15:22 - Jun 24 by Ptpeaty

Disco Panthers for plenty of horn driven funk. Buttonsville for good quality covers. Right Honourables for brashness and noise. Someone mentioned the King of Despair who used to write their own stuff, were quite good, but split up 8 years back.

Saw Trembling Knees in The Village at Killay a few weeks back and they are still excellent after performing for the better part of forty years. Couldn't move in the place it was so rammed.

Buttonsville...

The band the Squirts could have been.

#coachhousejoke

Plastic since 1974

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 23:07 - Jun 24 with 892 viewsJack_Meoff

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 22:56 - Jun 24 by Gowerjack

Buttonsville...

The band the Squirts could have been.

#coachhousejoke

Ah the Coach House, what a hive of eccentricity and both metal and mentalness! Remember seeing Acrimony in the cellar there about 20 years ago, the whole room swaying to the groove. During one song one guy was setting fire to his forearm whilst bellowing at the top of his voice. Loved watching them play.

Simpler times...
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 23:08]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 00:08 - Jun 25 with 865 viewsGowerjack

worst / best .......local bands / singers on 23:07 - Jun 24 by Jack_Meoff

Ah the Coach House, what a hive of eccentricity and both metal and mentalness! Remember seeing Acrimony in the cellar there about 20 years ago, the whole room swaying to the groove. During one song one guy was setting fire to his forearm whilst bellowing at the top of his voice. Loved watching them play.

Simpler times...
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 23:08]

20 years ago....

Feckin newbies.

Plastic since 1974

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024