Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Wine - White wine 23:45 - Jun 23 with 6317 viewsPokerface

There really is no reason to spend more than £5 on a decent wine to drink at home.

Treble that price at least in a restaurant for same wine. Worth it though, given right occasion / venue.

Red wine wins hands down every time.

Red or White. Is it red for blokes more commonly and white for women . If so, why ?

Best reds for consistently good. Chile, Australia, Spain,South Africa and France. In that order. At that price- £5

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Red Wine - White wine on 09:13 - Jun 24 with 1068 viewsswanjackal

Red Wine - White wine on 08:35 - Jun 24 by WarwickHunt

Ever tried Thunderbird, mate?

When I'm drinking, I'd drink harpic if I thought it would get the job done.

I work on the "Double P" principle. Price and percentage. If it's cheap and has a high percentage, it'll do for me. I don't drink alcohol for the taste, or I would probably drink Malibu or something along those lines when out. I drink to lose feeling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Red Wine - White wine on 09:21 - Jun 24 with 1060 viewsswanjackal

Red Wine - White wine on 09:06 - Jun 24 by waynekerr55

Chilled red???

You anarchist you! 😂

My uncle is a snob, and I went to his 20th anniversary a few years back, and was offered a glass of red waiting for my cans to cool in the fridge as just arrived. When I went on to take some ice and drop it in the foul lukewarm elixir, he stood and stared in abject horror. He said "What are you doing? You're spoiling it". To which I replied "I know, I'll have to drink it quick before the ice waters it down". We haven't spoken since.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 9:24]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Red Wine - White wine on 09:32 - Jun 24 with 1034 viewsWarwickHunt

Red Wine - White wine on 09:21 - Jun 24 by swanjackal

My uncle is a snob, and I went to his 20th anniversary a few years back, and was offered a glass of red waiting for my cans to cool in the fridge as just arrived. When I went on to take some ice and drop it in the foul lukewarm elixir, he stood and stared in abject horror. He said "What are you doing? You're spoiling it". To which I replied "I know, I'll have to drink it quick before the ice waters it down". We haven't spoken since.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 9:24]

Uncle: I'm getting tobacco, cigar box, wet earth, cassis and the merest hint of coffee bean.

Swanjackal: I'm getting bladdered.
Red Wine - White wine on 09:34 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewsWarwickHunt

Chilled red???

You anarchist you! 😂

Pinot noir. Tidy.
Red Wine - White wine on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewsswanjackal

Red Wine - White wine on 09:32 - Jun 24 by WarwickHunt

Uncle: I'm getting tobacco, cigar box, wet earth, cassis and the merest hint of coffee bean.

Swanjackal: I'm getting bladdered.

Swanjackal: I've got the dwarves and the swarfega. Now we really have a party.

Red Wine - White wine on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewsJack_Meoff

Wolfblass red label white £5 in Asda Llamsamlet at the mo. Wife reckons it's a decent drop.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Red Wine - White wine on 11:11 - Jun 24 with 979 viewsEbo

Red Wine - White wine on 09:38 - Jun 24 by Jack_Meoff

Wolfblass red label white £5 in Asda Llamsamlet at the mo. Wife reckons it's a decent drop.

Wolfblass is a decent drop, yellow label is very good too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Red Wine - White wine on 13:04 - Jun 24 with 949 viewsbuilthjack

I have very often found a cracking red, only to find I can not get it again.
Shame.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Red Wine - White wine on 14:34 - Jun 24 with 920 viewsItchySphincter

Red Wine - White wine on 00:11 - Jun 24 by Pokerface

In a blind tasting test the 'Experts' which are not on this site, often choose the cheaper wine over bottles costing far greater.

Its laughable ... some want to be hooray friggin Henrys are trying to act all posh like.

I know all too many people who love to put on an act. See through a mile off. Carry on though if it inflates egos. Heard it all b4.

A lot of it is to do with the wine making process. Go and get yourself a £3.50 bottle of Aldi's Montepulciano - I'm sure you'll like it given your lack of taste buds but let us know how you feel in the morning. You get what you pay for.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Red Wine - White wine on 14:39 - Jun 24 with 916 viewsGowerjack

Red Wine - White wine on 00:56 - Jun 24 by Ebo

I used to love red wine but it plays hell with my guts so I knocked it on the head. I do like a good Aussie red now and again though. My rule of thumb is that you can drink Aussie or South African reds quite young, but Spanish reds need a bit of maturing. I like this one called 'The old black stump' which is a decent drop if you can find it.

These days I'll drink rose or sparkling like a wimp. My stomach thanks me for it.

Agreed

The Black Stumpmis a lovely tipple.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Red Wine - White wine on 15:45 - Jun 24 with 892 viewsMrSwerve

Generally red in the winter, white in the summer.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Red Wine - White wine on 17:36 - Jun 24 with 855 viewsProfessor

There are some decent cheap wines and Aldi,Lidl and Asda all have good sub-fiver wines. With SA and South American wines the quality gap from 5 to 10 quid is huge. At 10 quid a pop I would start looking at merchants like the Wine Society or Tanners to get the best value. Having tasted 40 quid Loire,Burgundy at SA they can be truly breathtaking.

Some reds are better lightly chilled. Gamay (like Beaujolais) and young (Joven) Spanish Tempranillo wines are good chilled
Red Wine - White wine on 18:14 - Jun 24 with 845 viewsFlashberryjack

Chilled red???

You anarchist you! 😂

I always chill my red wine and I add Ice, not the correct way to drink it if you listen to the experts, but that's the way I like it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Red Wine - White wine on 18:32 - Jun 24 with 834 viewsdickythorpe

Sainsburys do a "House " Sauvignon Blanc for £4.60 it's bloody lovely.
Red Wine - White wine on 18:32 - Jun 24 with 834 viewsswanjackal

Red Wine - White wine on 18:14 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

I always chill my red wine and I add Ice, not the correct way to drink it if you listen to the experts, but that's the way I like it.

Someone with sense

Red Wine - White wine on 19:47 - Jun 24 with 805 viewslonglostjack

Not sure about the ice but the Torygraph agrees with you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10314618/Wine-myths-dont-believe-eve

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Red Wine - White wine on 19:59 - Jun 24 with 790 viewsmonmouth

Red Wine - White wine on 19:47 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10314618/Wine-myths-dont-believe-eve

Interesting comment about 'room temperature', and how you drink chilled wine quicker, which I definitely agree. I drink it like cider, then I'm on my arse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Red Wine - White wine on 20:05 - Jun 24 with 782 viewswaynekerr55

Slightly off topic, a lovely brew at 99p a bottle. The liberty American one is good too. Aldi as always

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Red Wine - White wine on 20:06 - Jun 24 with 775 viewslifelong

Picked up a bottle of Wakefield 80 Acres Cabernet Shiraz Merlot from Aldi today, £5.99... going down very well.
Red Wine - White wine on 20:07 - Jun 24 with 775 viewsJack_Meoff

Red Wine - White wine on 20:05 - Jun 24 by waynekerr55

Slightly off topic, a lovely brew at 99p a bottle. The liberty American one is good too. Aldi as always

Never mind the booze, your fence needs touching up mush...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Red Wine - White wine on 20:16 - Jun 24 with 764 viewslonglostjack

Red Wine - White wine on 19:59 - Jun 24 by monmouth

Interesting comment about 'room temperature', and how you drink chilled wine quicker, which I definitely agree. I drink it like cider, then I'm on my arse.

Drinking red wine in a cellar and then going back into the bright sunshine is an absolute killer. French take it easy. Brits can't - all down to genetics.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Red Wine - White wine on 20:17 - Jun 24 with 764 viewswaynekerr55

Red Wine - White wine on 20:07 - Jun 24 by Jack_Meoff

Never mind the booze, your fence needs touching up mush...

Firmly on my 'to do' list 😂

As is next doors hedge, just need to locate some reasonably priced trimmers 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Red Wine - White wine on 21:03 - Jun 24 with 744 viewsFlashberryjack

Red Wine - White wine on 19:47 - Jun 24 by longlostjack

So I'm not such the Wine Philistine after all then........funnily enough I've got a bottle of el- cheapo red in the fridge chilling as I type, should be about ready now.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Red Wine - White wine on 21:27 - Jun 24 with 726 viewsProfessor

Good range. Of th e five the Red Rye IPA and the Spill the Beans Coffee Porter (brewed by Brains) are my choice. Great value
Red Wine - White wine on 22:02 - Jun 24 with 707 viewsPokerface

Red Wine - White wine on 21:03 - Jun 24 by Flashberryjack

So I'm not such the Wine Philistine after all then........funnily enough I've got a bottle of el- cheapo red in the fridge chilling as I type, should be about ready now.

That just made me laugh out loud.

I thought I was the philistine.

I do however confess to having put red wine in fridge occasionally when on hols abroad and very hot- just to lighten it.

It was more..... refreshing.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024