Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton fan on talkSPORT 09:55 - Jul 4 with 13519 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi deal to them is imminent

Let's hope he's talking shite
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 2866 viewsGowerjack

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 16:10 - Jul 4 by Vetchfieldpasty

Reality is there is a very big chance Gylfi will leave this window.

But the overall reality is he aint going anywhere until the purchasing club matches our valuation because we don't need to sell so in my eyes will be £35mill +.

That is a hefty wad of cash to bring in 3/4 players of decent quality and not the bargain basement deals we have been looking at in last 2 years.

Also gives us the chance at looking at playing 2 up front as with Glyfi we almost have to shoe horn him in the side.

Obviously I would want him to stay, but the world will not end if he goes.

Feck my eyes.

Really?

You'd trust that gonzo nosed lieing c unt to spend the forthcoming GS windfall on decent quality footballers?

And as for the Yanks.... ( and yes I am aware that's insulting).

At least £5 million big ones will be paid to the supine trust in hush money.

Talk about the triumph of optimism over experience.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 20:17]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:19 - Jul 4 with 2727 viewsE20Jack

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 15:46 - Jul 4 by macthejack

BETTING ODDS ARE NOT A DIRECT REFLECTION OF PROBABILITY.

They just tell you where the money's going. I know it's a bit dull without football gents but why not find a hobby for the summer?

Common myth.

To a certain degree there is an element of truth, however odds on markets such as this move depending on WHO backs it, not how much money backs it. Also we get information that the public don't as we have good links with clubs, players agents and journalists. I am a trader for the top firm in the country, i is our business to know - so trust me on that.

There is absolutely 100% truth to the Everton and Spurs firm interest.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:47 - Jul 4 with 2638 viewsFireboy2

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:19 - Jul 4 by E20Jack

Common myth.

To a certain degree there is an element of truth, however odds on markets such as this move depending on WHO backs it, not how much money backs it. Also we get information that the public don't as we have good links with clubs, players agents and journalists. I am a trader for the top firm in the country, i is our business to know - so trust me on that.

There is absolutely 100% truth to the Everton and Spurs firm interest.

I think we all know that Everton and spurs are both very interested in gylfi

Imo it's totally upto gylfi to whether he wants to go,if he does then the club should be making an improved offer on his contract but if that's not good enough then they should be holding out for as much as possible

And I for one want him to stay as he's our best player and I've got a brownie on him staying
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:51 - Jul 4 with 2622 viewsE20Jack

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:47 - Jul 4 by Fireboy2

I think we all know that Everton and spurs are both very interested in gylfi

Imo it's totally upto gylfi to whether he wants to go,if he does then the club should be making an improved offer on his contract but if that's not good enough then they should be holding out for as much as possible

And I for one want him to stay as he's our best player and I've got a brownie on him staying

It will be a shock in the industry if he stays. Put it that way then.

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:03 - Jul 4 with 2587 viewsFireboy2

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 21:51 - Jul 4 by E20Jack

Just because the odds state that he will go to either spurs or everton it doesn't mean that he definitely will be going

Favourites do lose now and again

I'm thinking(hoping)that gylfi is waiting to see who we sign and if we dont sign anymore decent players(considering that mesa actually signs)then he will listen to both clubs

You have also got to take into consideration that he's settled back in swansea and he won't get into spurs' 11 but will get into evertons

All food for thought
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:15 - Jul 4 with 2556 viewsvetchonian

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:03 - Jul 4 by Fireboy2

Just because the odds state that he will go to either spurs or everton it doesn't mean that he definitely will be going

I'm thinking(hoping)that gylfi is waiting to see who we sign and if we dont sign anymore decent players(considering that mesa actually signs)then he will listen to both clubs

You have also got to take into consideration that he's settled back in swansea and he won't get into spurs' 11 but will get into evertons

All food for thought

Maybe Brenda will come in with a cheeky offer opening up the chance of Champions league football and a regular darting place in the Scottish Pub League?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:43 - Jul 4 with 2492 viewsGlyn1

A bigger shock to the industry than Leicester, Brexit and Trump?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:50 - Jul 4 with 2472 viewspencoedjack

All food for thought

If Dpurs spunked over 30 million on Gylfi do you really think it would be to sit on the bench ?

Vastly underrated by some of our supporters
Login to get fewer ads

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:33 - Jul 4 with 2397 viewsE20Jack

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:43 - Jul 4 by Glyn1

A bigger shock to the industry than Leicester, Brexit and Trump?

Nope. But then if those sort of results were the norm then we wouldn't be in business. Fortunately for us, far more often than not the odds reflect the situation that then unfolds.

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:35 - Jul 4 with 2387 viewsTheResurrection

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 14:39 - Jul 4 by jack247

Also don't count out us relying on raising funds to reshape the squad starting with Mesa. I didn't think it was us dragging our feet, but if these two transfers go through at the same time I may revise my view.

Get what you are saying though, Mesa looks like a dream team mate for an attacking midfielder.

No chance could Siggy and Mesa suit each other.

One is a quick thinking, hard tackling, slick passing and Ferrie Bodde type chip ball creating, the other is going to be sat on the bench on Merseyside

Oh what a window this is so far!!!

Roll on 2017/2018!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:36 - Jul 4 with 2390 viewsE20Jack

All food for thought

Nobody said he is definately going.

Just that it will be a shock if he doesn't go at this stage. Transfers are a complicated business, but it certainly is more likely he will not be here come the start of the season.

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:42 - Jul 4 with 2373 viewsMeraki

The Trust won't let "Jas and Steve" sell Siggy, everyone calm down.
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:42 - Jul 4 with 2368 viewsTheResurrection

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 18:08 - Jul 4 by pencoedjack

He'd be the 1st name on the team sheet at Everton when Lukaku goes

He maybe for 5 to 7 games, then he'll be revert to his more natural order of bench sitter.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 06:26 - Jul 5 with 2220 viewsjack247

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:35 - Jul 4 by TheResurrection

No chance could Siggy and Mesa suit each other.

One is a quick thinking, hard tackling, slick passing and Ferrie Bodde type chip ball creating, the other is going to be sat on the bench on Merseyside

Oh what a window this is so far!!!

Roll on 2017/2018!!!

I've always seen your point on Siggy (and Llorente), but I've never agreed with you principally because I don't trust us not to either try to replace him on the cheap or spunk the proceeds on shit players.

If we continue signing players of Mesas calibre, then I may change my view. Certainly points towards a more dynamic style.

Edit - I realise some pedant will dig this post up in 6 months if he comes in and absolutely Borjas it. He looks a cracking signing at this point though.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 6:29]
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 07:01 - Jul 5 with 2188 viewsSTID2017

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 06:26 - Jul 5 by jack247

I've always seen your point on Siggy (and Llorente), but I've never agreed with you principally because I don't trust us not to either try to replace him on the cheap or spunk the proceeds on shit players.

If we continue signing players of Mesas calibre, then I may change my view. Certainly points towards a more dynamic style.

Edit - I realise some pedant will dig this post up in 6 months if he comes in and absolutely Borjas it. He looks a cracking signing at this point though.

The thing is Jack, we are not experts we are just fans (including the Res, however he likes to make himself out as Swansea's answer to Shankly & Clough combined).
Professionals get it wrong all the time, so what chance have we got.
It could be that come next May we'll be sitting pretty in a top 10 place and possibly having won a cup, thanks to Mesa, Abraham and several others. Alternatively, we could be sunk to the Championship, and without Siggy's goals and contribution be a shambles.
Nobody knows and IMHO PC has his finger on the button and we'll do well.
However nobody has the right to turn around next year and say "He was a waste of space or whatever" and ridicule another poster for being optimistic before the season starts.
If we can't be looking forward now, when can you ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 07:28 - Jul 5 with 2109 viewsjack247

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 07:01 - Jul 5 by STID2017

The thing is Jack, we are not experts we are just fans (including the Res, however he likes to make himself out as Swansea's answer to Shankly & Clough combined).
Professionals get it wrong all the time, so what chance have we got.
It could be that come next May we'll be sitting pretty in a top 10 place and possibly having won a cup, thanks to Mesa, Abraham and several others. Alternatively, we could be sunk to the Championship, and without Siggy's goals and contribution be a shambles.
Nobody knows and IMHO PC has his finger on the button and we'll do well.
However nobody has the right to turn around next year and say "He was a waste of space or whatever" and ridicule another poster for being optimistic before the season starts.
If we can't be looking forward now, when can you ?

You're absolutely right. Watch the usual suspects do it f it goes tits up though. Hopefully, they won't get the opportunity
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 07:56 - Jul 5 with 2062 viewsThornburyswan

This is probably true noting how we struggled last season, the relative size of our club vs Spurs/Everton, our financial losses & the fact that Siggy was consistently our best player - & in league terms is comfortably good enough to play in a top 8 side regularly (in my eyes only his lack of pace stops him from being really top class).

If anyone gets north of £35M we'll blink & suspect he'll take that as I can go, anything above £40M & I suspect we'll just say yes - if he exits I'd expect PC to get half to spend & the rest into the coffers for the season ahead/Jan window.
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 10:19 - Jul 5 with 1895 views34dfgdf54

Not keeping up to date with this thread, but my thoughts are.

He would be off his head going to Spurs again, really cannot see him getting game time there with the players at their disposal. Everton mean business this window, but haven't they already bought two attack minded midfielders for decent cash?

Anyway, I wouldn't be selling for any less than £40mill, and 90% of that money to be up front. Southampton sell their best players, but make sure they are not shafted, Huw see's the money and he acts too quickly for my liking the useless tw*t.
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 13:21 - Jul 5 with 1759 viewsTheFranchise

Everton are in talks with Rooney too, surely signing him as a 10 and not a striker?
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:02 - Jul 5 with 1543 viewsBorojack

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 16:27 - Jul 4 by tomdickharry

Will Siggy be guaranteed a first team start each and every PL game at either Everton or Spurs,of course not,he knows that and consequently will stay with us probably on an improved contract.

Sinclair Bony Vorm all left to get splinters most players see the £ signs not all but most.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 22:57 - Jul 5 with 1441 viewsmatthew84

I still have hope as Everton are being linked to many players.
Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:11 - Jul 5 with 1406 viewsTheResurrection

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 06:26 - Jul 5 by jack247

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I've got my reservations about Tammy. He looks strong and he's as athletic as they come and he can properly, and I mean, properly latch onto balls, but from the little I've seen, there's hardly any finesse about him.

But he's a kid who will only get better with more composure through experience and I hope to see more than the doubts I have right at this minute. So i'm far from writing him off, I'm still very hopeful..

Mesa, on the other hand, he looks genius on the ball.

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:16 - Jul 5 with 1396 viewsmax936

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 13:21 - Jul 5 by TheFranchise

Everton are in talks with Rooney too, surely signing him as a 10 and not a striker?

Spurs want Barkley as well. If that's correct then where's Glyfi gonna go then Leicester? be really disappointed if he did to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:37 - Jul 5 with 1356 viewsmonmouth

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:16 - Jul 5 by max936

Spurs want Barkley as well. If that's correct then where's Glyfi gonna go then Leicester? be really disappointed if he did to be honest.

You know what mate, I couldn't give a f*ck anymore. If he thinks the grass is greener then f*ck off is it. We've saved hia career twice, and he's paid us back fully. If he wants to have another go then toddle off and see if you can hack it this time, as long as we get the proper pound of flesh. I think he's actually one of the more grounded and perceptive footballers around so I'm more hopeful that he realises where his bread is best buttered, if Clement wants him, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 01:39 - Jul 6 with 1294 viewsNirvana

Everton fan on talkSPORT on 23:37 - Jul 5 by monmouth

You know what mate, I couldn't give a f*ck anymore. If he thinks the grass is greener then f*ck off is it. We've saved hia career twice, and he's paid us back fully. If he wants to have another go then toddle off and see if you can hack it this time, as long as we get the proper pound of flesh. I think he's actually one of the more grounded and perceptive footballers around so I'm more hopeful that he realises where his bread is best buttered, if Clement wants him, obviously.

Monmouth, let me say first that I greatly respect your intellect and humor, and you seem like a great hang, truly.

Now, the bad stuff. We didn't "save" Siggy's career "twice" or once even. He is an absolute quality footballer and professional, and has been his entire career. No rose-rinted glasses here, just the facts:

- 20 goals/10 assists at Reading in 2009
- 12 goals/4 assists with Hoffenheim/Reading in 2010
- Voted Hoffenheim's Player of the Year by their fans
- Fell out with their manager, and we were lucky to get him on loan thanks to Rodgers
- He then "saved" OUR ass for the first time, scoring 7 goals/4 assists
- Single-handedly (yes, correct) kept us up, or this whole PL excursion would've been over before it started
- Moved to Spurs and made 83 appearances with 13 goals/9 assists, all during the circus of Supernova Bale and its aftermath
- Spurs were also managed by two absolute buffoons who are now in China (AVB) and long-term unemployment (Sherwood)
- Thankfully came back to us, has been our best player for three seasons (30 goals/25 assists) and kept us up in two of those, while Jenkins stripped us bare

He could've left during the good like Bony/Sinclair/Allen/Davies, or fled during the bad like Ayew/Ash. He stayed, and I thank him. If he leaves, he leaves. I will wish him well. All professional athletes want to challenge themselves on the highest levels and I can't fault him if he wants another shot.

I refuse to sshitt on the guy, simply because of the above. He has been our best player in the PL, no argument, and I thank him for everything and sincerely hope he stays. That's it. Everything else is paper talk, until it isn't. I'll reserve judgement 'til then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024