Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings before Southampton 12:14 - Jul 28 with 5316 viewsAussieSwan

Does anybody realistically think we're likely to get anyone else in before the Southampton game, let alone the rest of the window?

If so, who?

We don't seem to have concrete links to anybody at the moment - certainly not the repeated speculation we had with Mesa and Abraham before those deals got done

I'm worried that our board have shut up shop and think that if we keep Llorente and Siggy everything will be fine. It won't be - we need reinforcements. We haven't really added to our squad at all. Since the end of last season, from the first team it's been 3 out and 3 in - no additions and no significant upgrades (Abraham, Mesa and Bartley for Borja, Cork and Amat)

Hope I am proven wrong and the board bring in some players but at the moment, it's not looking good.

Are we gonna get anyone?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Signings before Southampton on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 3661 viewsSTID2017

Got a feeling that next week is going to be very busy, whether Gylfi & Llorente stay or go.
I certainly expect to see a few new faces over the next two weeks - IMHO of course .....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Signings before Southampton on 15:45 - Jul 28 with 3657 viewsLoyal

Signings before Southampton on 15:44 - Jul 28 by STID2017

Got a feeling that next week is going to be very busy, whether Gylfi & Llorente stay or go.
I certainly expect to see a few new faces over the next two weeks - IMHO of course .....

So hope you are right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Signings before Southampton on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 3643 viewssP7qupUf

Take your point but I think that the three "ins" are better than the three "outs".
Signings before Southampton on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 3640 viewsTheKirkyLife

I can see us signing Negredo certainly. Strong links and PL football. A cheaper option to Bony I can see the £5 million tag already.

I'd like to think we may invest in a midfielder now the Gylfi situation seems closer to being resolved.
Signings before Southampton on 16:28 - Jul 28 with 3566 viewsmax936

Despite the obvious fact to us at least, that we seem lacking in strength and depth, I don't think there's much of an appetite with the clubs hierarchy to sign anymore players.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Signings before Southampton on 18:41 - Jul 28 with 3455 viewsOldjack

We did ok towards the end of last season ,Leon replacement was a must ,did that , keep what we got now and we'll give anyone a good game ,
just smile and stop panicking

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Signings before Southampton on 18:49 - Jul 28 with 3420 viewsmax936

Signings before Southampton on 18:41 - Jul 28 by Oldjack

We did ok towards the end of last season ,Leon replacement was a must ,did that , keep what we got now and we'll give anyone a good game ,

No body's panicking and we don't all make our way to the bar after half hour when the game is going away from us either, you silly old Carp.

Signings before Southampton on 18:52 - Jul 28 with 3410 viewsFlashberryjack

"We did ok towards the end of last season" yes we did, and results went in our favour.

The fact is we still missed relegation by the skin of our teeth (I know that Bobbly Bob didn't help) but if you think last seasons team is good enough not to find ourselves in a similar position this coming season, then prepare yourself.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Signings before Southampton on 18:58 - Jul 28 with 3392 viewsOldjack

Signings before Southampton on 18:52 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

"We did ok towards the end of last season" yes we did, and results went in our favour.

The fact is we still missed relegation by the skin of our teeth (I know that Bobbly Bob didn't help) but if you think last seasons team is good enough not to find ourselves in a similar position this coming season, then prepare yourself.

oi three bloody managers in a season has disaster written all over it .We got the right man in charge now ,along with stability, some very decent signings back in January says we'll do ok this coming season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Signings before Southampton on 18:59 - Jul 28 with 3384 viewsOldjack

Signings before Southampton on 18:49 - Jul 28 by max936

No body's panicking and we don't all make our way to the bar after half hour when the game is going away from us either, you silly old Carp.

Oi Tubbs how come you got a seat by me ?,you stalking me or what ,?weirdo

Signings before Southampton on 19:01 - Jul 28 with 3377 viewsraynor94

Sorry, but you are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you think the present squad is going to do anything other than struggle, New blood is needed urgently

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Signings before Southampton on 19:02 - Jul 28 with 3367 viewsOldjack

Signings before Southampton on 19:01 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Sorry, but you are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you think the present squad is going to do anything other than struggle, New blood is needed urgently

We got new blood in the heart of the engine ,keep Siggy and away we'll fly

Signings before Southampton on 19:03 - Jul 28 with 3368 viewsBorojack

Signings before Southampton on 16:28 - Jul 28 by max936

Despite the obvious fact to us at least, that we seem lacking in strength and depth, I don't think there's much of an appetite with the clubs hierarchy to sign anymore players.

We have signed 2 good players not lost anyone of note yet.
A right back and a good winger and we will be ok need to move a couple out as well.
Ideally could do with a centre half to replace VDH as well can't see it happening though.
Really hope we don't sign Bony or Negredo neither are a patch on Llorente.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Signings before Southampton on 19:25 - Jul 28 with 3306 viewsmax936

Signings before Southampton on 18:59 - Jul 28 by Oldjack

Oi Tubbs how come you got a seat by me ?,you stalking me or what ,?weirdo

I'm either working undercover of I fancy you what you think?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 19:32]

Signings before Southampton on 19:29 - Jul 28 with 3289 viewsFlashberryjack

Signings before Southampton on 19:03 - Jul 28 by Borojack

We have signed 2 good players not lost anyone of note yet.
A right back and a good winger and we will be ok need to move a couple out as well.
Ideally could do with a centre half to replace VDH as well can't see it happening though.
Really hope we don't sign Bony or Negredo neither are a patch on Llorente.

Cork, Baston, gone, it's a matter of opinion if the're players of any note.
Ki is injured and Leon legs are a season older, we've brought in Mesa and the youngster on loan from Chelsea (don't know much about either if I'm honest)

2 weeks before the seasons starts, and it looks very much like Siggy is either history, or won't be ready for the first game.

I'm concerned, very concerned.

Hello

Signings before Southampton on 19:31 - Jul 28 with 3279 viewsSheffieldjack

Signings before Southampton on 19:25 - Jul 28 by max936

I hope that we sign at least a right back (Yiadom) and cover upfront (not Negredo, but someone hungrier).
Signings before Southampton on 19:32 - Jul 28 with 3270 viewsOldjack

Signings before Southampton on 19:25 - Jul 28 by max936

you need treatment i know that much

Signings before Southampton on 19:41 - Jul 28 with 3247 viewsWhiterockin

Signings before Southampton on 19:31 - Jul 28 by Sheffieldjack

I hope that we sign at least a right back (Yiadom) and cover upfront (not Negredo, but someone hungrier).

Abraham is the hungry cover.
Signings before Southampton on 19:47 - Jul 28 with 3225 viewsDr_Winston

The bulk of the squad is fine to start the season with, but we badly need to upgrade on Montero and Barrow as soon as we can. Even if we don't I'd expect a squad managed by Clement from the start of the season to survive with relative ease, albeit we'd struggle to get above lower mid table.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Signings before Southampton on 20:03 - Jul 28 with 3185 viewsPrivate_Partz

Signings before Southampton on 19:47 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

The bulk of the squad is fine to start the season with, but we badly need to upgrade on Montero and Barrow as soon as we can. Even if we don't I'd expect a squad managed by Clement from the start of the season to survive with relative ease, albeit we'd struggle to get above lower mid table.

If the league pans out like it did last season then lower mid table will be a relegation battle zone. We are playing with fire .
I hope the poster that is expecting a busy week is right. It will not surprise me if Huw gets out his usual speech that we could not find any suitable players to improve the squad so he is happy to run with what we have got.
I hope I am wrong.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Signings before Southampton on 20:03 - Jul 28 with 3182 viewsFlashberryjack

Signings before Southampton on 19:47 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

I'm afraid I disagree, the bulk of the squad isn't good enough.

Lets hope there's another 3 weak teams that think they're squad is good enough, otherwise we'll be staring relegation in the face again, of course that's just my opinion.

Hello

Signings before Southampton on 20:07 - Jul 28 with 3155 viewsmax936

Signings before Southampton on 19:32 - Jul 28 by Oldjack

you need treatment i know that much

Cheeky git, Darran is right about you, I need to pay attention to what he says a lot more than I do

Signings before Southampton on 20:15 - Jul 28 with 3118 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"no significant upgrades (Abraham, Mesa and Bartley for Borja, Cork and Amat)"

Wow, really?

I wouldn't trade all three of the departures for either Abraham or Mesa, by themselves.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Signings before Southampton on 21:42 - Jul 28 with 3040 viewsBorojack

Signings before Southampton on 19:29 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

Cork, Baston, gone, it's a matter of opinion if the're players of any note.
Ki is injured and Leon legs are a season older, we've brought in Mesa and the youngster on loan from Chelsea (don't know much about either if I'm honest)

2 weeks before the seasons starts, and it looks very much like Siggy is either history, or won't be ready for the first game.

I'm concerned, very concerned.

Baston did nothing last season so a season on loan won't do us any harm.
Tammy Wynette will be an upgrade as will Messa on Cork.
If Sigurdsson stays and we get a TH in we will be looking ok.
I have a feeling Llorente is off which will be a big loss.
Still hopeful we will do better than Bony or Negredo.
But we would not be shopping if we were not flogging Llorente.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Signings before Southampton on 21:50 - Jul 28 with 3015 viewsSwanjaxs

Paul Clement came out and said at the end of last season he wanted all incoming's sorted out early, preferably before the American pre-season tour, the Mesa deal would have been covered by the Gomis and Cork fees so no real spend thus far, we more than just flirted with relegation last season because of lack of investment surely Jenkins and the yanks have learnt their lessons....
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 21:51]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024