Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9/11 21:05 - Sep 11 with 19589 viewsJackfath

On the anniversary of this tragedy, my question is this.

Were the buildings deliberately blown up by the US government and its secret agencies?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

9/11 on 00:07 - Sep 12 with 2168 viewsDarran

9/11 on 00:04 - Sep 12 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps you're just a fücking dickbrained, cûntshovelling fûckwit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

9/11 on 04:12 - Sep 12 with 2105 viewsLoyal

Let's put it this way it wasn't just a bunch of terrorists.
Fck me they now drive vehicles into people.
Too much of a well thought out plot for it to be orchestrated by a gaggle of loons,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

9/11 on 04:15 - Sep 12 with 2102 viewsLoyal

9/11 on 23:30 - Sep 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

I know someone who was on the plane that flew into the Pentagon, so it's a sensitive subject with me. I'll just leave it at that.

You would have thought there would be footage mind ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

9/11 on 05:58 - Sep 12 with 2087 viewsTummer_from_Texas

9/11 on 04:15 - Sep 12 by Loyal

You would have thought there would be footage mind ....

Not in 2001, before the smart phone.

Manhattan is much bigger and more densely populated than the area around the Pentagon, and there is only one camera shot of the first plane that hit the twin towers. That one "lucky" cameraman just happened to be filming a fire department documentary a few blocks away from Ground Zero; otherwise there'd be no filmed proof of that one, either.

Of course there are countless shots from every possible angle of the 2nd plane, but by then everyone was filming the burning building.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 6:00]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

9/11 on 07:06 - Sep 12 with 2066 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

4 planes go missing off readar and fly around the most guarded air space in the world for an hour .

September 10 "3.2 trillion decrepency in the pentagon Books"was announced .

Where the towers blown up ,I doubt it.

Did they know about it ?

Most of the terrorists were Saudis

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-saudi-arabia-report-91

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

9/11 on 07:26 - Sep 12 with 2048 viewsDr_Winston

Most modern CCTV cameras these days can't even get a decent image of one person's face when they're standing 10 feet away. To expect nearly 20 year old technology to capture clear imagery in a split second window of a plane moving at about 100 metres per second is perhaps asking a bit much.

There's plenty of imagery out there of aeroplane parts scattered all over the Pentagon lawn. Unless you're a total whacko who believes that CIA operatives quickly nipped out and scattered it all there before anyone noticed then what's to question?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

9/11 on 07:57 - Sep 12 with 2031 viewsKennedy

The Queen broke protocol to play the national anthem the day after. Stay classy Lizzy.

Just call me JFK

9/11 on 08:07 - Sep 12 with 2024 viewsWarwickHunt

9/11 on 07:26 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

Most modern CCTV cameras these days can't even get a decent image of one person's face when they're standing 10 feet away. To expect nearly 20 year old technology to capture clear imagery in a split second window of a plane moving at about 100 metres per second is perhaps asking a bit much.

There's plenty of imagery out there of aeroplane parts scattered all over the Pentagon lawn. Unless you're a total whacko who believes that CIA operatives quickly nipped out and scattered it all there before anyone noticed then what's to question?

Silly Doc - they were the same CIA operatives who put the explosives in the Twin Towers, mun.
Login to get fewer ads

9/11 on 08:22 - Sep 12 with 1992 viewsMrSwerve

9/11 on 07:26 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

I agree that cctv technology is a bit rubbish but there were around 85 cameras that faced the pentagon that day...and the tapes were confiscated by the FBI within minutes.

The aircraft engine that was found there was shown to be the incorrect engine registered for that type of plane, if I remember correctly.

I don't jump on the 'it was an inside job' bus, but there's plenty of things that happened that were odd.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

9/11 on 08:23 - Sep 12 with 1990 viewsMrSwerve

9/11 on 05:58 - Sep 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not in 2001, before the smart phone.

Manhattan is much bigger and more densely populated than the area around the Pentagon, and there is only one camera shot of the first plane that hit the twin towers. That one "lucky" cameraman just happened to be filming a fire department documentary a few blocks away from Ground Zero; otherwise there'd be no filmed proof of that one, either.

Of course there are countless shots from every possible angle of the 2nd plane, but by then everyone was filming the burning building.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 6:00]

I think he meant of the Pentagon.

9/11 on 09:28 - Sep 12 with 1971 viewsUppa_Swans

Clinton couldn't keep Monica Lewinsky a secret and a grand total of 3 people knew. How some people fall hook, line & sinker for a plot that would involve thousands (if not tens of) is beyond me.
9/11 on 13:39 - Sep 12 with 1893 viewsTummer_from_Texas

9/11 on 08:23 - Sep 12 by MrSwerve

I think he meant of the Pentagon.

I understand that.

I was using the example of the first plane that hit the towers, which only 1 camera caught and only because they were fortuitously shooting a documentary nearby at that very moment, to show that it wasn't strange at all that nobody randomly filmed the Pentagon crash on a Tuesday morning in 2001.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 13:49]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

9/11 on 13:44 - Sep 12 with 1889 viewssiralan

The Gulf of Tonkin incident that got the USA into the Vietnam war has now been proved totally set up by them and false,they were desperate for a reason to start that war and did.

Not saying 9/11 was totally staged by the US but the powers that be in the USA were very happy it did giving an excuse for everything that came after and the invasions many people have made millions from the wars,Blair and Bush just being two.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 13:46]
9/11 on 14:10 - Sep 12 with 1862 viewsTummer_from_Texas

9/11 on 09:28 - Sep 12 by Uppa_Swans

Clinton couldn't keep Monica Lewinsky a secret and a grand total of 3 people knew. How some people fall hook, line & sinker for a plot that would involve thousands (if not tens of) is beyond me.

Logic isn't a necessary ingredient in this particular conspiracy theory. It only holds back something a few people are apparently desperate to believe.

9/11 on 14:43 - Sep 12 with 1834 viewswhoflungdung

Hatred contempt and suspicion ,one would have thought would be directed at the murderous deeds of Russia, China and now north Korea

Make no mistake, some need America to be punished in one form or another.

Frankly, this conspiracy shyte sickens me but not surprises me

We really do not know who are friends are

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

9/11 on 16:04 - Sep 12 with 1809 viewsHeadmaster

When you confront people with a harsh truth, especially in a case like 9/11, people will get defensive and block out the new information as it threatens their established beliefs. There's a lot of nonsense out there, especially on the Internet, that only serves to divert attention away from those responsible.

I've read many books and papers about 9/11 and the troubles of the Middle East over the years. It's quite clear that elements of the Saudi government were involved in financially and logistically supporting this attack. Without the Saudis, this would never have happened. And yes, the Bush administration and the Obama administration went to great lengths to protect the Saudis, not only after 9/11, but long before the attacks ever happened.

I suggest looking up Senator Bob Graham and his efforts to shed light on the Saudi connection. He is someone who, 16 years later, has still not given up. A true American hero.
9/11 on 17:42 - Sep 12 with 1758 viewsunion_jack

9/11 on 08:22 - Sep 12 by MrSwerve

I agree that cctv technology is a bit rubbish but there were around 85 cameras that faced the pentagon that day...and the tapes were confiscated by the FBI within minutes.

The aircraft engine that was found there was shown to be the incorrect engine registered for that type of plane, if I remember correctly.

I don't jump on the 'it was an inside job' bus, but there's plenty of things that happened that were odd.

Like you, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories but you're right, some things don't scan well here.

I watched an Air Crash Investigation episode yesterday which focussed on the Pentagon crash. Data from the FDR showed that when the terrorist took over the plane, only ever having flown a light aircraft previously, he couldn't handle the plane. He switched the auto pilot back on.

However he managed to pilot the plane perfectly into the side of the Pentagon, keeping the plane c.20 feet above the ground before hitting the building. From novice to expert in a couple of minutes?

There must have been many more CCTVs around the place. This is the Pentagon after all. I would have thought they would have had every angle covered.

Finally, the third building that went down after the twin towers in Manhattan. How did that happen? It hadn't been hit and in no way would flying debris knock it down. Strange one that too.

But with all of those, and many others, I still believe it was a terrorist attack and nothing else.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

9/11 on 18:27 - Sep 12 with 1727 viewsMrSwerve

9/11 on 17:42 - Sep 12 by union_jack

Like you, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories but you're right, some things don't scan well here.

I watched an Air Crash Investigation episode yesterday which focussed on the Pentagon crash. Data from the FDR showed that when the terrorist took over the plane, only ever having flown a light aircraft previously, he couldn't handle the plane. He switched the auto pilot back on.

However he managed to pilot the plane perfectly into the side of the Pentagon, keeping the plane c.20 feet above the ground before hitting the building. From novice to expert in a couple of minutes?

There must have been many more CCTVs around the place. This is the Pentagon after all. I would have thought they would have had every angle covered.

Finally, the third building that went down after the twin towers in Manhattan. How did that happen? It hadn't been hit and in no way would flying debris knock it down. Strange one that too.

But with all of those, and many others, I still believe it was a terrorist attack and nothing else.

Yep.

There are those who blindly believe the official story.
There are those who adamantly believe it's an inside job, the planes were CG, etc.

I'm realistically somewhere in between. Both of those extremes are just as bad as eachother in my opinion.

9/11 on 19:47 - Sep 12 with 1684 viewsJackfath

An interesting thread and I'm no closer to making my mind up about what happened that fateful sunny morning.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

9/11 on 19:50 - Sep 12 with 1680 viewsGaryjack

9/11 on 18:27 - Sep 12 by MrSwerve

Yep.

There are those who blindly believe the official story.
There are those who adamantly believe it's an inside job, the planes were CG, etc.

I'm realistically somewhere in between. Both of those extremes are just as bad as eachother in my opinion.

Woah! Hang on a minute, those that do not believe the official story in any other way that there was a serious failing within US intelligence is a conspiracy theorist.
9/11 on 19:58 - Sep 12 with 1662 viewsGaryjack

9/11 on 19:47 - Sep 12 by Jackfath

An interesting thread and I'm no closer to making my mind up about what happened that fateful sunny morning.

Stick with it, it's only been 24 hours mun. We'll get to the bottom of it, this site always does.
9/11 on 20:01 - Sep 12 with 1649 viewsMrSwerve

9/11 on 19:50 - Sep 12 by Garyjack

Woah! Hang on a minute, those that do not believe the official story in any other way that there was a serious failing within US intelligence is a conspiracy theorist.

I didn't say that.

People who ask genuine questions are always shouted down as 'loony' without any thorough answer.

Cessna 172s are flanked by the USAF if they go off course for a few minutes. Apparently all of the fighter jets were taken up doing a military exercise that morning. Every single plane. So you're telling me the USAF allowed the US East coast to be defenceless that morning?

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just asking questions. I think it's bizarre. And there's plenty of instances such as this.

It was a very strange day and there's nothing wrong with saying that.

9/11 on 20:15 - Sep 12 with 1635 viewsGaryjack

9/11 on 20:01 - Sep 12 by MrSwerve

I didn't say that.

People who ask genuine questions are always shouted down as 'loony' without any thorough answer.

Cessna 172s are flanked by the USAF if they go off course for a few minutes. Apparently all of the fighter jets were taken up doing a military exercise that morning. Every single plane. So you're telling me the USAF allowed the US East coast to be defenceless that morning?

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just asking questions. I think it's bizarre. And there's plenty of instances such as this.

It was a very strange day and there's nothing wrong with saying that.

In fairness what you've described is what i've stated. Very poor intelligence. It's nothing out of the ordinary for the USAF fighter jets to be on military exercises that morning as nobody is capable of attacking the US east coast with conventional weapons, whether it be aircraft or other means.
I'm mainly talking about people who ask questions about the ability of the pilots for example? No one will ever know what abilities they had before they came to the US do they? Taking lessons in flying light aircraft would be the perfect guise don't you think?
9/11 on 21:39 - Sep 12 with 1580 viewsHeadmaster

9/11 on 16:04 - Sep 12 by Headmaster

When you confront people with a harsh truth, especially in a case like 9/11, people will get defensive and block out the new information as it threatens their established beliefs. There's a lot of nonsense out there, especially on the Internet, that only serves to divert attention away from those responsible.

I've read many books and papers about 9/11 and the troubles of the Middle East over the years. It's quite clear that elements of the Saudi government were involved in financially and logistically supporting this attack. Without the Saudis, this would never have happened. And yes, the Bush administration and the Obama administration went to great lengths to protect the Saudis, not only after 9/11, but long before the attacks ever happened.

I suggest looking up Senator Bob Graham and his efforts to shed light on the Saudi connection. He is someone who, 16 years later, has still not given up. A true American hero.

To be clear, I don't mean Bush and Obama protected the Saudis before 9/11. The American government, regardless of administration, has long been an ally of the Saudis. There was no way they were going to let the whole truth come out about 9/11. We still don't know the whole story.

Bush's family connections to the Saudi Royals, especially to Prince Bandar bin Sultan, are obvious, but it runs a lot deeper than that. I feel that accusations of an Inside Job only serve to deflect from a much harsher reality.
9/11 on 21:45 - Sep 12 with 1574 viewsDavillin

9/11 on 21:13 - Sep 11 by jack2jack

That's one theory,amongst others,I would have thought that someone might have noticed 10 tonnes of high explosive stacked up in the underground car park though.

The o.p. asked about "the towers," plural, which were not blown up with dynamite, but by airplanes with full loads of jet fuel..

The first attack [one one tower] was by a truck, which carried its own explosives into the basement of the tower.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024