Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roads 22:05 - Feb 13 with 7128 viewsNogginthenog

Anyone else notice the shocking state of all roads in and around Swansea? The slip roads on both sides of M4 junction 45 absolutely diabolical. Motorways rutted and potholed but get north of Brecon and the roads are superb.wtf is going on? My own street is like a quarry road.
Roads on 22:08 - Feb 13 with 4971 viewsAguycalledJack

As soon as you enter the city and county of Swansea boundary the roads are crap.
Roads on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 4961 viewslifelong

Yes.

I was thinking about this the other day when a few accidents were reported near junction 45 of the M4. The condition of the motorway in that vicinity is appalling.
Roads on 22:12 - Feb 13 with 4952 viewsdickythorpe

It's all over Wales! Shocking pot holes on dual carriageway from St. Clears to Carmarthen. Some Gower roads are poor.
Roads on 22:13 - Feb 13 with 4942 viewsjack2jack

Yeah they are fooking dreadful,worst I've seen them for a long time.
There's a team that goes around patching the potholes and the next day the holes are back.Trouble is it's the end of the financial year and there's no money left to fix them, having said that some roads have come to the end of their economic life and need completely relaying,meaning mega bucks for the council to find.Tar spray and chip is a cheap fix in the short term, but some are beyond and need resurfacing.
What doesn't help is all the utilities digging them up to relay mains and pipes etc.
Roads on 22:14 - Feb 13 with 4937 viewstrampie

Yes i've noticed the M4 around Ynysforgan is particularly bad.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roads on 22:17 - Feb 13 with 4922 viewsAl_Bundy

Its not just Swansea.. the south side of the M25 two inner two lanes a literally grand canyon esq.
Roads on 22:19 - Feb 13 with 4907 viewsjackportis

All roads in the uk are awful not just swansea

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Roads on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 4869 viewsmax936

Roads are fing shocking everywhere.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Roads on 22:32 - Feb 13 with 4868 viewsNogginthenog

Roads on 22:19 - Feb 13 by jackportis

All roads in the uk are awful not just swansea

I dont venture far during winter so am not in a position to comment but it is obvious that work needs to be done pronto.
Roads on 22:38 - Feb 13 with 4851 viewsmax936

Roads on 22:32 - Feb 13 by Nogginthenog

I dont venture far during winter so am not in a position to comment but it is obvious that work needs to be done pronto.

Some of the mountain and coastal roads we use on the bikes are in better condition than most major roads and they are bad.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roads on 23:07 - Feb 13 with 4823 viewsKilkennyjack

We could scrap Trident and save £205 billion.

That means we can fix all the roads instead !!

Beware of the Risen People

Roads on 23:21 - Feb 13 with 4796 viewsMrSwerve

I was thinking this earlier today funnily enough. Fabian way is shocking.

I guess this is what happens when the amount of traffic in the uk continues to increase...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Roads on 00:48 - Feb 14 with 4749 viewsowainglyndwr

Problem is that these days car and vehicle tax goes into a government pot.
Which years ago was previously set for road repair and maintenance.
The same of national insurance. .. was health and pension. .Alĺ eaten away by the big wigs
Roads on 01:37 - Feb 14 with 4722 viewsmajorraglan

It’s the HGVs that are responsible for a fair bit of the wear and tear and potholes. There are more of them and they are heavier, there are also more cars but they are getting lighter as there is more emphasis on fuel economy.

The roads are in a very poor state, the M4 around Ynysforgan is really bad.
Roads on 02:45 - Feb 14 with 4691 viewsJack59

Roads on 00:48 - Feb 14 by owainglyndwr

Problem is that these days car and vehicle tax goes into a government pot.
Which years ago was previously set for road repair and maintenance.
The same of national insurance. .. was health and pension. .Alĺ eaten away by the big wigs

No shortage of money available for traffic calming, eg peninsula's with concrete bollards poking out into the road to narrow it, new traffic light schemes all over the place to stop flow, like the obvious complete failure at the junction of De la Beche road and Sketty Road. Thousands of pounds down the drain.
Roads on 06:12 - Feb 14 with 4647 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roads on 02:45 - Feb 14 by Jack59

No shortage of money available for traffic calming, eg peninsula's with concrete bollards poking out into the road to narrow it, new traffic light schemes all over the place to stop flow, like the obvious complete failure at the junction of De la Beche road and Sketty Road. Thousands of pounds down the drain.

Humps every 20 yards in sketty park!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roads on 06:23 - Feb 14 with 4640 viewsN_T_J

Roads on 23:21 - Feb 13 by MrSwerve

I was thinking this earlier today funnily enough. Fabian way is shocking.

I guess this is what happens when the amount of traffic in the uk continues to increase...

I was driving down Fabian way yesterday, and the trafic lights just before McDonalds is awful. Pot holes everywhere.
Roads on 07:23 - Feb 14 with 4609 viewscurleigh

Roads on 06:12 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Humps every 20 yards in sketty park!

Humps on every stretch of road that runs for about 200 metres !!!
Roads on 09:17 - Feb 14 with 4541 viewsPegojack

You want to try some of the roads around Hereford city. Many of the trunk roads going towards Worcester, Abergavenny, Ross, etc. have recently been resurfaced and are good, but the roads around the city itself are shocking. Someone recently compared them to a third world war zone, and they're not wrong.
Roads on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 4513 viewsProfessor

Roads on 09:17 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

You want to try some of the roads around Hereford city. Many of the trunk roads going towards Worcester, Abergavenny, Ross, etc. have recently been resurfaced and are good, but the roads around the city itself are shocking. Someone recently compared them to a third world war zone, and they're not wrong.

Terrible in Cheshire and Wirral too. Holes everywhere, even on some busy routes. Liverpool a little better, but don't venture much from the centre or University.
Roads on 09:49 - Feb 14 with 4507 viewsswanforthemoney

Roads on 09:17 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

Man up Hereford, a good overcoat and decent pair of boots should do the job.

I stand in the North Stand

Roads on 10:05 - Feb 14 with 4475 viewsPegojack

Roads on 09:49 - Feb 14 by swanforthemoney

Man up Hereford, a good overcoat and decent pair of boots should do the job.

Touché
Roads on 10:13 - Feb 14 with 4468 viewsswanforthemoney

Roads on 10:05 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

Touché

I stand in the North Stand

Roads on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 4366 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wheels - not the best invention -you need something to run them on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Roads on 16:40 - Feb 14 with 4307 viewsJack59

One of the problems for many years throughout the country, was that contractors never attempted to do long lasting repairs, and why would they, when they can fill the same hole next year, year after year, or even in some cases after a few months, and get away with it.

When I worked for a Local Authority years ago, these holes were repaired by direct labour and supervised by a Council employed Clerk of Works.

In the long term it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to go back to this system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024