Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting 23:32 - May 1 with 4297 viewsComeonyouSwans

Defensive Football, The New Norm Swans Fans Have Had To Get Used To?

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/defensive-football-the-new-norm-swansea-fans
[Post edited 1 May 2018 23:33]
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 23:58 - May 1 with 4261 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just goes to show how good Guidolin was.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 00:40 - May 2 with 4233 viewsTheResurrection

Oh FFS pack it in.

Why don't you add theory to your stats as without that they're just a bunch of figures waiting for meaning.

Start with the EPL's top 4, or even 6. See if you can recognise the massive difference in them now compared to 3 years ago

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 02:27 - May 2 with 4197 viewsjasper_T

You're missing a manager there, chief.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 08:24 - May 2 with 4084 viewsJohnw102

Where is the points gained shown?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 08:37 - May 2 with 4071 viewstrinityann

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 08:24 - May 2 by Johnw102

Where is the points gained shown?

Without doubt the last six games have been far too negative. Keep that up and we are going down.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 08:56 - May 2 with 4038 viewsbuilthjack

Where's Bob?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 09:07 - May 2 with 4016 viewsBatterseajack

The stats need to take some form of league position into consideration. An offensive/attacking style manager will always play more cautiously when skirting when flirting with the relegation zone, likewise, a defensive manager will usually allow his players to play freely when they're safe and out of immediate danger. Then there's there's the teams your playing, the form they're in and where they sit in the table at that time. The sample rate is just too small to draw any conclusions.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 9:08]
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 09:08 - May 2 with 4010 viewsComeonyouSwans

The main reason for not including Bradley is because it was a comparison of managers' spells at the end of the season, seeing through Premier League survival (Guidolin and Clement), let's hope it's the same for Carvalhal. There's some other charts in the article that include all managers.
Login to get fewer ads

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 09:15 - May 2 with 3996 viewsComeonyouSwans

Here's one as an example, average passes and possession per game

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 10:04 - May 2 with 3947 viewsLeonWasGod

What's missing here are the key stats for each of those managers that directly affect results - wins, draws and points.

All three of those would have comfortable mid-table records in those periods selected. CC and Guidohave the highest win percentages of any of our managers int eh PL. Clement's would have been high too for his first half season.

But yes, the posession and technical ability on the ball that made us stand out has long gone. We all know that.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 10:15 - May 2 with 3925 viewsComeonyouSwans

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 10:04 - May 2 by LeonWasGod

What's missing here are the key stats for each of those managers that directly affect results - wins, draws and points.

All three of those would have comfortable mid-table records in those periods selected. CC and Guidohave the highest win percentages of any of our managers int eh PL. Clement's would have been high too for his first half season.

But yes, the posession and technical ability on the ball that made us stand out has long gone. We all know that.

Yeah it's more to do with style of play and how defensively we're getting compared to the days of Rodgers and Laudrup, hence the passing and possession chart in the article. We all know how bad it's getting, I suppose the stats help to show just how bad it's getting.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 11:22 - May 2 with 3871 viewstrampie

It is very much downhill, if Swansea stay up the Swans will need one hell of a summer transfer window to stop the downward trend.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 11:44 - May 2 with 3833 viewsmagicdaps10

You cant say the writing is not on the wall!!!

IF we stay up this season, do i have the confidence of those in charge to try and turn things around, i dont have confidence they will even admit there is a issue.

The writing is well and truly on the wall.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 11:59 - May 2 with 3804 viewsFireboy2

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 11:22 - May 2 by trampie

It is very much downhill, if Swansea stay up the Swans will need one hell of a summer transfer window to stop the downward trend.

We said that this time last season trampie

We all know if we stay up it will be the same shizen next season

But all that said it will still be good to stay up
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 12:09 - May 2 with 3792 viewsmagicdaps10

It amazes me that there are grown men on this site who cant see what has happened and what is happening.

Absolutely amazes me.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 13:41 - May 2 with 3732 viewsHighjack

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 12:09 - May 2 by magicdaps10

It amazes me that there are grown men on this site who cant see what has happened and what is happening.

Absolutely amazes me.

Yeah and you can pinpoint the moment of decline was when Jenkins took full control of transfers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 13:54 - May 2 with 3714 viewsjasper_T

Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 09:07 - May 2 by Batterseajack

The stats need to take some form of league position into consideration. An offensive/attacking style manager will always play more cautiously when skirting when flirting with the relegation zone, likewise, a defensive manager will usually allow his players to play freely when they're safe and out of immediate danger. Then there's there's the teams your playing, the form they're in and where they sit in the table at that time. The sample rate is just too small to draw any conclusions.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 9:08]

All three managers on the chart did similar rescue jobs while we flirted with relegation.
Stats Comparison - Just How bad It's Getting on 13:59 - May 2 with 3701 viewsdcd14

These managers have not been brought in for style of play.

Survival and nothing more.

Going in order of Guidolin to Clement and then to Carlos, each manager has inherited a little more shite in terms of playing squad than the other with Carlos inheriting by far the worse!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024