Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalhal's Last Game 11:26 - May 10 with 6813 viewsValeJack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5713171/Carlos-Carvalhal-set-l

Not remotely surprised. Feel a little for the guy given the squad he inherited.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:28 - May 10 with 4726 viewsTheKirkyLife

Laudrup was approached as Number #1 choice...

I do wonder if we'll be back in for him in the Championship - could you imagine.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:40 - May 10 with 4647 viewsValeJack

If he gets us playing decent passing football I'd drive to Qatar to get him!
[Post edited 10 May 2018 11:44]
Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:42 - May 10 with 4617 viewsomarjack

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:28 - May 10 by TheKirkyLife

I do wonder if we'll be back in for him in the Championship - could you imagine.

After all..they don't call us Groundhog FC for nothing..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:45 - May 10 with 4570 viewsswanjackal

Be interesting to hear what witty analogy he will entertain the fans with this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:45 - May 10 with 4558 viewsHugeEnkins

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:28 - May 10 by TheKirkyLife

That would certainly lift my spirits right now. At least we'd see proper football again
Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:47 - May 10 with 4543 viewsTom1912

Doesn't mean he was first choice to be fair. Looks like they tried to sound him out as an option, which is a little surprising given the circumstances he left in although maybe not considering how limited our ideas for new players/managers have been.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:47 - May 10 with 4529 viewsAngelRangelQS

This potentially explains Laudrup's agent's U-Turn on Jenkins.

"Swansea has a very good relationship with Michael"... I must say that isn't how I remembered it.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:54 - May 10 with 4447 viewsEbo

Bayram did say in his tweets he would be in Swansea very soon. Hmmmm If he did return it would be a tonic.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:56 - May 10 with 4418 viewsBanosswan

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:45 - May 10 by swanjackal

Be interesting to hear what witty analogy he will entertain the fans with this week.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:03 - May 10 with 4324 viewsSTID2017

Carvalhal's Last Game on 11:54 - May 10 by Ebo

Bayram did say in his tweets he would be in Swansea very soon. Hmmmm If he did return it would be a tonic.

If that happens and Laudrup is given the freedom to do the job, it would be a major boost after the last three years

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:03 - May 10 with 4327 viewsCaptain_Sham

So we tried to get Brendan back then we tried to get Laudrup back? Garry Monk is staring expectantly at his phone.

Its just a ride.

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:04 - May 10 with 4315 viewsomarjack

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:03 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

So we tried to get Brendan back then we tried to get Laudrup back? Garry Monk is staring expectantly at his phone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd have bradley..at least he knew how to attack (in some sorta headless chicken way)..but not Monk..
[Post edited 10 May 2018 12:05]

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:06 - May 10 with 4283 viewslondonlisa2001

Don't believe for one second Laudrup will manage us again.

Laudrup as Director of Football would be interesting though. Contacts are second to none, and the donkey work would be done elsewhere which would suit everyone I imagine.

Laudrup as DOF, Potter as coach. That'll do. Won't happen of course, but it'd be nice.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:07 - May 10 with 4279 viewscostalotta

There was a Rumour regarding ML returning after we sacked clement and before appointing Carlo.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:15 - May 10 with 4162 viewsEbo

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:03 - May 10 by STID2017

If that happens and Laudrup is given the freedom to do the job, it would be a major boost after the last three years

Only way that would happen is that if the old guard call it a day and are replaced. Hopefully then Laudrup (or anyone else) is allowed to do their job professionally.

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:16 - May 10 with 4149 viewsHugeEnkins

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:06 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Laudrup as Director of Football would be interesting though. Contacts are second to none, and the donkey work would be done elsewhere which would suit everyone I imagine.

Laudrup as DOF, Potter as coach. That'll do. Won't happen of course, but it'd be nice.

Brain Potter?
Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:16 - May 10 with 4152 viewsicecoldjack

Instead of throwing more meat on the BBQ , this week he'll just be throwing himself on it !

Carlos had a go and almost got there, he failed not only because of a poor team but at the crucial moment he bottled it, he knows it too, he held on too tight at the wrong moment .

Interesting that there is talk of Laudrup, the only way i ever see that happening is if Jenkins goes on his knees and begs with a load of cash and wants to try and turn the clock back realising he fooked up, personally i think Jenkins will skulk off and hide and count his money and let us rot, the yanks may want to fire him to take heat off or it may be agreed that Jenkins will go and tutu and laudrup return as part of the plan, thats really wishful thinking though IMO.
Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:16 - May 10 with 4146 viewsEbo

Now there's a thought, coming back as DOF instead of manager. Batram would be rolling in it.

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:19 - May 10 with 4116 viewswestwalesed

Graham Potter - excellent shout.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:21 - May 10 with 4085 viewsomarjack

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:19 - May 10 by westwalesed

Ostersund are a better prospect than us atm unfortunately.

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:23 - May 10 with 4063 viewsswanjackal

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:16 - May 10 by Ebo

Now there's a thought, coming back as DOF instead of manager. Batram would be rolling in it.

"I can assure you I won't!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:23 - May 10 with 4063 viewsMrSwerve

There is no way that Laudrup will be managing us next season.

Great shout though to have him as some kind of DOF with a decent coach under him. That would suggest that our board have some kind of organisation about them though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:25 - May 10 with 4035 viewssherpajacob

it all started going wrong when they decided to sell those Carlos isms meat on the bbq/ rock n roll t shirts.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:29 - May 10 with 3992 viewsjack247

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:23 - May 10 by MrSwerve

There is no way that Laudrup will be managing us next season.

Great shout though to have him as some kind of DOF with a decent coach under him. That would suggest that our board have some kind of organisation about them though.

It would also suggest Huw Jenkins is in negotiations to replace himself. If Laudrup came here as DoF, you wouldn’t get Tutu being all nicey nicey about Jenkins on Twitter.

My money is on this being another ‘Bielsa’
Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:29 - May 10 with 3988 viewsicecoldjack

Carvalhal's Last Game on 12:19 - May 10 by westwalesed

Why, he has similar experience to Bob Bradley in coaching in Scandinavia . While i think he is certainly a good coach some of his methods won't really work in the British game, strong team ethic and regular nights out together forming a culture acadamy probably won't be met with joy .

Getting his players to build together by performing plays and concerts is a great idea in Sweden, here it would just be met with laughter.

One of the main problems Laudrup had on his first weeks was the old gaurd moaning to Jenkins that " he isn't doing things the same way as what we are used to " this was one of the greatest footballers the world has ever seen, not even he had a free ride in ideas .
Imagine what they'd think of Potter ?

I'd love to be proven wrong mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024