Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 31448 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 1909 viewsN_T_J

No loans coming in? on 15:55 - Aug 30 by Darran

Well that’s utter nonsense about his mum and dad.

I didnt take much notice really Dar, I just sat next to him and he rambled on all night. Took it with a pinch of salt.
No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 1898 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:05 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Not projecting anything. The club board and chairman and doing that all by themselves.

Just adding a bit of context to what it was your promoting or trying to spin. Potter is not going to come out and say we’ve not got the quality needed for xyz. But, he’s suggested plenty of times weaknesses in the squad, replacements that might be needed, he even wanted woods and one or two others.

Where has Potter said he wanted Woods? I haven't seen him comment on a single player since he's been here.
No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 1894 viewsDarran

No loans coming in? on 16:06 - Aug 30 by N_T_J

I didnt take much notice really Dar, I just sat next to him and he rambled on all night. Took it with a pinch of salt.

It’s so far from the truth it’s farcical.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 1885 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 16:05 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Not projecting anything. The club board and chairman and doing that all by themselves.

Just adding a bit of context to what it was your promoting or trying to spin. Potter is not going to come out and say we’ve not got the quality needed for xyz. But, he’s suggested plenty of times weaknesses in the squad, replacements that might be needed, he even wanted woods and one or two others.

No need to explain yourself to that dribble, they are divorced from reality when it comes to our club.

The ones with their heads out of the sand can clearly se what is happening.
Remember, team cockwhomble said there whould be loans a plenty coming in after the window closed, notice the majority have gone quiet lately.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 16:12 - Aug 30 with 1864 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

Where has Potter said he wanted Woods? I haven't seen him comment on a single player since he's been here.

Do you mean heard him?
No loans coming in? on 16:17 - Aug 30 with 1832 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:12 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Do you mean heard him?

Yep. Crack on then.
No loans coming in? on 16:22 - Aug 30 with 1799 views34dfgdf54

No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

He doesn’t mention players publicly but were the Brentford chairman and manager lying then?
No loans coming in? on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 1785 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 16:17 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

Yep. Crack on then.

Crack on what?
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 16:25 - Aug 30 with 1772 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:22 - Aug 30 by 34dfgdf54

He doesn’t mention players publicly but were the Brentford chairman and manager lying then?

I'm not disputing that we were interested.

What I am disputing is the narrative that he was Potter's number one target, his be all and end all and the man he wanted to shape his team around. He may very well have been, of course, but there is nothing to suggest that it was the case.
No loans coming in? on 16:28 - Aug 30 with 1751 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:24 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Crack on what?

Crack on and show were Potter has said he wanted Woods and a few others.

All Potter has ever said is that he is happy working with the players he has here and wants to develop them. Which is entirely consistent with what he did in Sweden and probably the main reason we appointed him in the first place.

He's pretty much dodged every question on new signings as far as I can see/hear.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 16:29]
No loans coming in? on 16:29 - Aug 30 with 1739 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 16:25 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

I'm not disputing that we were interested.

What I am disputing is the narrative that he was Potter's number one target, his be all and end all and the man he wanted to shape his team around. He may very well have been, of course, but there is nothing to suggest that it was the case.

Your disputing something but can’t figure out what?
No loans coming in? on 16:33 - Aug 30 with 1718 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:29 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Your disputing something but can’t figure out what?

What are you on about?
No loans coming in? on 16:35 - Aug 30 with 1710 viewsEU5Makaveli

Mulumbu to Celtic, Toivonen to Melbourne.
Dani Gomez difficult according to Nixon.

Looks like we’ll be going with what we’ve got (maybe minus Bony)
No loans coming in? on 16:35 - Aug 30 with 1700 viewsawayjack

No loans coming in? on 16:28 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

All Potter has ever said is that he is happy working with the players he has here and wants to develop them. Which is entirely consistent with what he did in Sweden and probably the main reason we appointed him in the first place.

He's pretty much dodged every question on new signings as far as I can see/hear.

Yup the story had changed a little from transfer window to loan market. Coaches don’t criticise Chairman whilst in a job. That’ll come after he’s thrown under a bus by the Board like our last 6 managers.
No loans coming in? on 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1690 viewsHeadmaster

No loans coming in? on 16:28 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

Potter has also said, numerous times, that the current squad deserves "support" when asked about potential loan deals. Looks like that support will not be forthcoming.
No loans coming in? on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 1673 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 16:33 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

What are you on about?

Perhaps it’s me. But you posted to me disputing that he was Potters number target by suggesting he hasnt said he is or wanted him. Then to Risca your not disputing it. Which one is it ?
No loans coming in? on 16:42 - Aug 30 with 1655 viewsArchfuldogster

For Potter this is a win win situation. If he can develop the youngsters and we do well in the longer term, he will be seen as a great coach. If it all goes t1ts up then it's because he wasn't supported by the board and he will still retain credibility. If we bring in a couple of no-hopers tomorrow, he'll be under more pressure to achieve. He could be playing a blinder here. Of course it's not good for us supporters.
No loans coming in? on 16:46 - Aug 30 with 1623 viewsmagicdaps10

Lots of contradictions from Potter in the last month or so, looks like the issues at the top are already setting in with Potter.

They will ruin him like they did Clement and Guidolin. Both were never supported......disgusting, all these statements made over the last few years, all lies.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 16:48 - Aug 30 with 1606 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:40 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Perhaps it’s me. But you posted to me disputing that he was Potters number target by suggesting he hasnt said he is or wanted him. Then to Risca your not disputing it. Which one is it ?

It's you.

To be clear - we obviously had some sort of interest in Woods. However, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he was the big deal that everyone is making it out to be or that we let Potter down by not signing him. For fans to suggest that club has "sh*t on" Potter or whatever is ridiculous.
No loans coming in? on 16:50 - Aug 30 with 1583 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 16:46 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Lots of contradictions from Potter in the last month or so, looks like the issues at the top are already setting in with Potter.

They will ruin him like they did Clement and Guidolin. Both were never supported......disgusting, all these statements made over the last few years, all lies.

Clement wasn't supported?

We spent a fair bit in January 2017 and again last summer, including two loanees he wanted, one of whom was disappointing and the other who will go down as one of our worst ever signings. Most people were happy with our squad when the window closed.

Agree with Guidolin though.
No loans coming in? on 16:54 - Aug 30 with 1566 viewsHeadmaster

Potter saying he's happy with the squad in a press conference should come as no surprise.

Clement said he was happy with his squad after we sold Sigurdsson and Llorente, then publicly decried the club's transfer policy 2 months after his sacking. And was Guidolin really happy with his squad after we sold Williams and Ayew days before the season began?

What a manager says in his press conference and what he thinks privately will not always coincide.
No loans coming in? on 17:10 - Aug 30 with 1471 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 16:48 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

It's you.

To be clear - we obviously had some sort of interest in Woods. However, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he was the big deal that everyone is making it out to be or that we let Potter down by not signing him. For fans to suggest that club has "sh*t on" Potter or whatever is ridiculous.

Excellent, you admitted in a round about way that your post earlier was a pile of horse sh t designed to try and deflect from the debate.

I have to ask where did I say in my post that it was a big deal? I was only referring the bbc article which refered to numbers and not as I said quality, experience, balance, age, blah blah. I also said that Woods was wanted by the club, which you now agree with.

If you like you go ahead and bury your head in the sand.
No loans coming in? on 17:11 - Aug 30 with 1472 views34dfgdf54

No loans coming in? on 16:54 - Aug 30 by Headmaster

Potter saying he's happy with the squad in a press conference should come as no surprise.

Clement said he was happy with his squad after we sold Sigurdsson and Llorente, then publicly decried the club's transfer policy 2 months after his sacking. And was Guidolin really happy with his squad after we sold Williams and Ayew days before the season began?

What a manager says in his press conference and what he thinks privately will not always coincide.

This in spades.

As someone said above, he has said numerous times about his squad needing “support” in the way of transfers and loans, now all of a sudden it’s “oh I checked the numbers this morning and we are fine in terms of numbers in squad”

It’s all complete b*llocks
No loans coming in? on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 1416 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 16:08 - Aug 30 by Darran

It’s so far from the truth it’s farcical.

Ye but if I was his old man I'd knock the kunt out
No loans coming in? on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 1411 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 17:11 - Aug 30 by 34dfgdf54

This in spades.

As someone said above, he has said numerous times about his squad needing “support” in the way of transfers and loans, now all of a sudden it’s “oh I checked the numbers this morning and we are fine in terms of numbers in squad”

It’s all complete b*llocks

Yes he said the squad was unbalanced but was ok in numbers.
I am pretty sure Clement said the squad was unbalanced as well.
And I read something from Calvahal that stated that transfers were difficult.
They all moan after they have gone.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 17:32]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024